New TM p790 irons ???

tigerd

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @Lefty87 said:

> > That picture is consistent with all the leaked photos we’ve seen. The “T” logo as opposed to the full TaylorMade word mark...along with the variation of finishes from the P790 badge compared to the rest of the club back.

>

> T logo looks a lot better imho. Less is more.

Why? It’s not like it was huge before or you can see it at address. You could remove the paint fill from all but the “T” now and it would be even less although it would be for no reason.

> @BiggErn said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > @Lefty87 said:

> > > That picture is consistent with all the leaked photos we’ve seen. The “T” logo as opposed to the full TaylorMade word mark...along with the variation of finishes from the P790 badge compared to the rest of the club back.

> >

> > T logo looks a lot better imho. Less is more.

>

> Why? It’s not like it was huge before or you can see it at address. You could remove the paint fill from all but the “T” now and it would be even less although it would be for no reason.

I already said why in my previous post “less is more”. The new logo is clean and simple which I like.

I have seen and hit all the product except for the new MG 2.0 wedges (saw but didn't hit). The regular P790 aesthetics wise is pretty close, those who have them now likely wouldn't notice a massive difference. Stock shaft is the real-deal Dynamic Gold 105. The P790 Ti is interesting, it is geared at a premium price point (think Epic Forged, PXG, Epon, XXIO), it is marginally larger has a Titanium forged cup face, and two black weights in the back for stability I guess. The stock shaft is the new Nippon 950 NEO and the lofts are off of M2/M4/M6 specs (28.5* 7i). It feels a touch harder than the standard P790 on mishits but in the middle I couldn't tell the difference.

The most interesting thing I think is the Hi-Toe Big Foot. It literally has a Big Foot/Sasquatch foot stamped on it, it has 15* (!!!!) of bounce, a super wide sole, and 3 massive plugs taken out of the back to promote ball speed and forgiveness. It feels unreal when hit and gets the ball up even with a dead square stance and stabbing the club into the ground. Probably not the best club to try a flop shot off of hard pan but for someone who struggles out of bunkers and gnarly rough this will be a godsend.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

> @ASN21 said:

> Some folks who saw these already said the top line wasn’t thinner in past posts? Can’t wait to see these in hand and read the full tech story on Monday.

Not sure how much smaller they could make the topline on a hollow iron. Maybe a millimeter or less but some will swear that is a game changer for them. Other than that it looks like they made the dull parts brighter and bright parts duller.

> @phatchrisrules said:

> I have seen and hit all the product except for the new MG 2.0 wedges (saw but didn't hit). The regular P790 aesthetics wise is pretty close, those who have them now likely wouldn't notice a massive difference. Stock shaft is the real-deal Dynamic Gold 105. The P790 Ti is interesting, it is geared at a premium price point (think Epic Forged, PXG, Epon, XXIO), it is marginally larger has a Titanium forged cup face, and two black weights in the back for stability I guess. The stock shaft is the new Nippon 950 NEO and the lofts are off of M2/M4/M6 specs (28.5* 7i). It feels a touch harder than the standard P790 on mishits but in the middle I couldn't tell the difference.

>

> The most interesting thing I think is the Hi-Toe Big Foot. It literally has a Big Foot/Sasquatch foot stamped on it, it has 15* (!!!!) of bounce, a super wide sole, and 3 massive plugs taken out of the back to promote ball speed and forgiveness. It feels unreal when hit and gets the ball up even with a dead square stance and stabbing the club into the ground. Probably not the best club to try a flop shot off of hard pan but for someone who struggles out of bunkers and gnarly rough this will be a godsend.

Marginally larger...strike1....harder feeling..strike 2...28.5 deg 7 iron...strike 3..

For me at least...disappointing

> @Shakespeare said:

> > @phatchrisrules said:

> > I have seen and hit all the product except for the new MG 2.0 wedges (saw but didn't hit). The regular P790 aesthetics wise is pretty close, those who have them now likely wouldn't notice a massive difference. Stock shaft is the real-deal Dynamic Gold 105. The P790 Ti is interesting, it is geared at a premium price point (think Epic Forged, PXG, Epon, XXIO), it is marginally larger has a Titanium forged cup face, and two black weights in the back for stability I guess. The stock shaft is the new Nippon 950 NEO and the lofts are off of M2/M4/M6 specs (28.5* 7i). It feels a touch harder than the standard P790 on mishits but in the middle I couldn't tell the difference.

> >

> > The most interesting thing I think is the Hi-Toe Big Foot. It literally has a Big Foot/Sasquatch foot stamped on it, it has 15* (!!!!) of bounce, a super wide sole, and 3 massive plugs taken out of the back to promote ball speed and forgiveness. It feels unreal when hit and gets the ball up even with a dead square stance and stabbing the club into the ground. Probably not the best club to try a flop shot off of hard pan but for someone who struggles out of bunkers and gnarly rough this will be a godsend.

>

> Marginally larger...strike1....harder feeling..strike 2...28.5 deg 7 iron...strike 3..

> For me at least...disappointing

It's an easy fix. Hit it in the middle and bend weak. When I say marginally I literally mean marginally, like it's barely noticeable.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

These might be the best looking irons out there looking at the backs. If they only made an iron like this that didn't launch miles in the air and had lofts the same as p760 I'd love to buy them. Bending weak just makes an already higher launching iron launch more so doesn't work for a lot of people.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

> @jam77 said:

> Check out just say golf. Images and details on site. Seriously strong lofts in them

> @phatchrisrules said:

> > @Shakespeare said:

> > > @phatchrisrules said:

> > > I have seen and hit all the product except for the new MG 2.0 wedges (saw but didn't hit). The regular P790 aesthetics wise is pretty close, those who have them now likely wouldn't notice a massive difference. Stock shaft is the real-deal Dynamic Gold 105. The P790 Ti is interesting, it is geared at a premium price point (think Epic Forged, PXG, Epon, XXIO), it is marginally larger has a Titanium forged cup face, and two black weights in the back for stability I guess. The stock shaft is the new Nippon 950 NEO and the lofts are off of M2/M4/M6 specs (28.5* 7i). It feels a touch harder than the standard P790 on mishits but in the middle I couldn't tell the difference.

> > >

> > > The most interesting thing I think is the Hi-Toe Big Foot. It literally has a Big Foot/Sasquatch foot stamped on it, it has 15* (!!!!) of bounce, a super wide sole, and 3 massive plugs taken out of the back to promote ball speed and forgiveness. It feels unreal when hit and gets the ball up even with a dead square stance and stabbing the club into the ground. Probably not the best club to try a flop shot off of hard pan but for someone who struggles out of bunkers and gnarly rough this will be a godsend.

> >

> > Marginally larger...strike1....harder feeling..strike 2...28.5 deg 7 iron...strike 3..

> > For me at least...disappointing

>

> It's an easy fix. Hit it in the middle and bend weak. When I say marginally I literally mean marginally, like it's barely noticeable.

I just saw them on just say golf...you are right...not really that much bigger..however...those lofts...probably not meant for me...not bad looking though

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> These might be the best looking irons out there looking at the backs. If they only made an iron like this that didn't launch miles in the air and had lofts the same as p760 I'd love to buy them. Bending weak just makes an already higher launching iron launch more so doesn't work for a lot of people.

True, but if you bend 1* weak you are basically putting them at the specs of every other GI iron out there and there would be a negligable change in ball flight, spin, and bounce.