2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Why Cant I develop Accuracy in my Driver?

> @glk said:

> Your way over thinking this. Few pros get their hands back to where they were at impact - most are a bit higher - this is due to body tilts and that the arms are extending at impact but have not yet fully extended.

> That said, you need to work at slower speeds a lot and be more patient - nothing wrong with going the to range but hit balls at slow speed - your brain has learned how to hit the ball and it's going to take time to retrain it - baby steps - 1% better every day.

> The stick drills will help your takeaway path, hopefully your side bend and pivot some, and your path from going to flat to steep - but your brain still knows how to transition and that is pulling the club down steep, etc - you need to "feel" a loop in your swing during transition - this is the club falling behind you and if you video'd it you won't see a loop cuase its a feel - that's going from steep to shallow - something you've most likely never felt - give yourself feedback aid - take 2 alignments stick and place at roughtly 45* angles off your trail toe , one point up and away the other back - go over the top one on your backs and over the back one your downswing.

> All that said, I think it's a great idea to work on delivery position to impact cause your brain need to learn how to really release the club versus what it does now - and it's really tough, imo, to correct a release pattern doing full swing - so get into a good delivery position then simply extend your arms and hit the ball.

> ua67quonqe3y.png23xvrrnqqxu3.png

> Note his delivery position, right elbow bent and in front of his hip, right wrist extended, left wrist flexed, weight onto left foot, hips slightly open.

> **Hit from this static position, then you can do slow, short pumps and hit. Then start doing single right arm swings to hit a ball - short ones.**

> like this

> Again, take a lesson or take free 7 day trial of Tyler Ferrell's website and buy his book. and be patient.

>

>

!!! This!! this is what I was describing "Chip shots" dont want to do anything more around the house. It was just short pumps as you described. This is what was triggering.... the point of working backwards to the top. rather then the top down? As I responded to @Krt22 It seems I have trained SUCH a bad motion that I cant dissect one portion at a time I may need to under stand "each" check point, and be deliberate and forceful. working back words.

Anyways.... I think you understood what I was trying to imply by your last sentence.... I just hope I can like part 1, and part 4, Now its just trying to get part 2 & 3 in the mix to under stand the "full" kinematic sequence. as described by @Krt22

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Nard_S said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @Nard_S said:

> > > The cliff notes on your impact is that your body is square to target line when hips & shoulders need to be opened quite a bit more. A lot more in fact. Relative to your body, your hands should not be in same position at impact as it is at address, they should be more inline with right side of body.

> >

> > In a perfect world yes, but if he did all of that without fixing his wide open face, he would hit the ball a mile right. His body stalling and flipping the face closed is a result of everything else before that, cant just force those positions without addressing the face.

>

> The face is a relative easy fix especially if hand action gets the demotion it well deserves.

Im not so sure about that.

> @Nard_S said:

> The cliff notes on your impact is that your body is square to target line when hips & shoulders need to be opened quite a bit more. A lot more in fact. Relative to your body, your hands should not be in same position at impact as it is at address, they should be more inline with right side of body.

Yups, totally agree... We see the impact portion completely messed up. So NOT to be argumentative, but just to explain the point, that each "student" and golfer responds differently to direction and instruction.

The first instruction was to fix the back swing to get the sequence "started" correctly. I have done so but I have also explained that if say the sequence is say 4 parts. take away, top of the swing, down swing and impact. 1,2,3,4 were all messed up. We addressed 1, that should then bring 2,3,4 into sequence. BUT for me it does NOT feel like it is. It just feels like I am getting into a different static position for sequence #1, and my old 2,3,4 sets in.

So I am trying to find out WHAT the correct actually kinematic sequence for 2,3,4 so I can slowly and precisely hit those check points. NOWWWW!! I will make a selfish concession....

I really do WANT to hit the ball.... BUT I know at this moment with the new fix of sequence #1, I know I cant hit a ball or I might hurt myself or hurt someone else just by fixing sequence 1. I have a Thursday group tomorrow.... so I am going to play (with a client) Its not going to be pretty.. BUT I really dont want to undo what I have been working on from Sunday to today. Since I LEARNED knowledge rather than an actual fix and I want to retain the knowledge.

Finally to the "argumentative" point..... THIS might piss some people off.... (sorry) BUT just take this as PURELY a forum of discussion only. NOT meant to be argumentative etc.

You responded to the practice swing vs real swing right, every one said its the same with my face 45* open... but I want to "debate" that I can just close the face artificially and bang, body in some what better position and face is square to path...but others say no thats not going to happen... my limited tiny brain say. why not.... LOL..... so I am just confused ( in relation to that point) as you seem to think along the lines that square an open face can be done?

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Have you actually hit balls with video to confirm you have addressed #1? And I recommended monte's video for that exact reason, it tells you exactly what to look for and how to get there for each major check point in the swing. The one thing it doesnt address is impact, since that is a culmination of everything else beforehand. You are welcome to think you can work backwards from there, but I imagine it will be a largely fruitless effort.

Good luck!

> @Krt22 said:

> Have you actually hit balls with video to confirm you have addressed #1? And I recommended monte's video for that exact reason, it tells you exactly what to look for and how to get there for each major check point in the swing. The one thing it doesnt address is impact, since that is a culmination of everything else beforehand. You are welcome to think you can work backwards from there, but I imagine it will be a largely fruitless effort.

>

> Good luck!

^^ I appreciate this! , Discussion. It is your opinion and everyone's opinion, I will VALUE period. The only honest part is UP to me right. You can be as straight forward BUT if I am an idiot or stubborn.....thats on me.

Again I am difficult, I am probably, a slow learner as we can see I have learned SQUAT over 7 years on this site.... fortunately my scores have gone down from 7 years ago, But I have reached a limit period.

Its up to me to understand. As for your Exact point. No again I have fought to urge to go hit balls so not since this discussion have I gone. I again am playing tomorrow and I know its going to be a mess...... but I will grit through it...and refocus again after....

With that I have considered all request and stated points of "instruction" when the time is right again for me personally... I will take that step.

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Golf is hard and undoing bad habits is even harder. I would recommend the book @glk mentioned from Tyler Ferrell, as well as the video from Monte I mentioned

. If you are going to do it on your own (which is doable), you need to have a good solid foundation of what makes a sound golf swing. Understanding visually what "good" is isn't nearly as important as how and why those positions are a result of all the solid mechanics that lead up to them.

> @Krt22 said:

> Golf is hard and undoing bad habits is even harder. I would recommend the book @glk mentioned from Tyler Ferrell, as well as the video from Monte I mentioned

>

> . If you are going to do it on your own (which is doable), you need to have a good solid foundation of what makes a sound golf swing. Understanding visually what "good" is isn't nearly as important as how and why those positions are a result of all the solid mechanics that lead up to them.

ACTUALLY Thank you.... CAN I update my thoughts/intent.

AT this moment in time.....I would like to "do this on my own" ...... Its will be a long terrible road but due to circumstance this is all I got. If life circumstance change I will change. But currently I only have the option to do this on my own at this very moment.

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> > @Nard_S said:

> > The cliff notes on your impact is that your body is square to target line when hips & shoulders need to be opened quite a bit more. A lot more in fact. Relative to your body, your hands should not be in same position at impact as it is at address, they should be more inline with right side of body.

>

> Yups, totally agree... We see the impact portion completely messed up. So NOT to be argumentative, but just to explain the point, that each "student" and golfer responds differently to direct and instruction.

>

> The first instruction was to fix the back swing to get the sequence "started" correctly. I have done so but I have also explained that if say the sequence is say 4 parts. take away, top of the swing, down swing and impact. 1,2,3,4 were all messed up. We addressed 1, that should then bring 2,3,4 into sequence. BUT for me it does NOT feel like it is. It just feels like I am getting into a different static position for sequence #1, and my old 2,3,4 sets in.

>

> So I am trying to find out WHAT the correct actually kinematic sequence for 2,3,4 so I can slowly and precisely hit those check points. NOWWWW!! I will make a selfish concession....

>

> I really do WANT to hit the ball.... BUT I know at this moment with the new fix of sequence #1, I know I cant hit a ball or I might hurt myself or hurt someone else just by fixing sequence 1. I have a Thursday group tomorrow.... so I am going to play (with a client) Its not going to be pretty.. BUT I really dont want to undo what I have been working on from Sunday to today. Since I LEARNED knowledge rather than an actual fix and I want to retain the knowledge.

>

> Finally to the "argumentative" point..... THIS might **** some people off.... (sorry) BUT just take this as PURELY a forum of discussion only. NOT meant to be argumentative etc.

>

> You responded to the practice swing vs real swing right, every one said its the same with my face 45* open... but I want to "Agree" that I can just close the face artificially and bang, body in some what better position and face is square to path...but others say no thats not going to happen... my limited tiny brain say. why not.... LOL..... so I am just confused ( in relation to that point) as you seem to think along the lines that square an open face can be done?

You're arm/hand dominant in swing, and from my experience, "fixing" an open face or steep plane pre-dominantly through hand/arm perspective is fruitless endeavor. Body dominance, getting it open at impact in the proper way makes face or plane issues much easier to resolve because you've simplified role of hands and arms and distilled them to their bare essentials. You want to square open face or fix the steep thing? Good chance getting left & right shoulder and whole torso doing correct things, those will straighten 70% of it. The rest than can be executed by hands and arms in a more natural and non burdensome way. But keeping role of body as an after thought is why there's a problem Creating the body space to get hands in a position to be square and shallow is job Numero Uno. Manipulating hands is secondary and to sketchy outcome without at least making some head way with the first.. You can change back swing and such but the real big change is demoting hands as the "trigger". Shoulders/torso need to ascend to boss status to control swing and hand/arms have to defer and fire within it's domain. So a new paradigm, a new pecking order of triggers and neuro mapping needs to be plowed. Right now, you're hands call all the shots like it does for most and as it did for me for decades. Pro's have great hand/eye, they also have a body's that meet & match that competence. Where you really see it just how fast and efficient their shoulder rotation is on full swings. It's the big stallion of momentum that arms/hands/club ride in on to close the deal in high percentages and MPH. Getting a handle on that takes lots of properly focused reps but it also takes a cognitive awareness to see "what is and what is supposed to be" with clarity and possess patience to work through it.

You have real good hand speed, you just need a body to match the firepower/dexterity they possess. Big elephant my friend.

> @Nard_S said:

> You're arm/hand dominant in swing, and from my experience, "fixing" an open face or steep plane pre-dominantly through hand/arm perspective is fruitless endeavor. Body dominance, getting it open at impact in the proper way makes face or plane issues much easier to resolve because you've simplified role of hands and arms and distilled them to their bare essentials. You want to square open face or fix the steep thing? Good chance getting left & right shoulder and whole torso doing correct things, those will straighten 70% of it. The rest than can be executed by hands and arms in a more natural and non burdensome way. But keeping role of body as an after thought is why there's a problem Creating the body space to get hands in a position to be square and shallow is job Numero Uno. Manipulating hands is secondary and to sketchy outcome without at least making some head way with the first.. You can change back swing and such but the real big change is demoting hands as the "trigger". Shoulders/torso need to ascend to boss status to control swing and hand/arms have to defer and fire within it's domain. So a new paradigm, a new pecking order of triggers and neuro mapping needs to be plowed. Right now, you're hands call all the shots like it does for most and as it did for me for decades. Pro's have great hand/eye, they also have a body's that meet & match that competence. Where you really see it just how fast and efficient their shoulder rotation is on full swings. It's the big stallion of momentum that arms/hands/club ride in on to close the deal in high percentages and MPH. Getting a handle on that takes lots of properly focused reps but it also takes a cognitive awareness to see "what is and what is supposed to be" with clarity and possess patience to work through it.

>

> You have real good hand speed, you just need a body to match the firepower/dexterity they possess. Big elephant my friend.

>

I have "asssumed" I am hand/arm dominant. And thats what is causing some of the issues. I think that is why I thought about the hands being so far away "hitting" at the ball rather then the club head hitting the ball. Basically my arms are inline with the shaft at impact because I am trying to hit the ball all in line. Once I start isolating the wild hand and arm movements (in addition) to the proper take away and back swing etc.... thinks should start linking together? Edifying..... stop moving arms start moving large core muscles like shoulder, torso etc..... not arms.....

Anyways AGAIN I think this is HONESTLY good productive discussion. SURE it may be circular but at this point its for my personal benefit as I am the one trying to fix all these problems HAAHHA!!!

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

• 1 month later...

*UPDATES*

Hey All! So I have been working offline and making some pretty large changes (opinion) while its not visual in its entirety. I thought I would share some updates and MORE so share the, findings relevant to my pursuit of better "accuracy"

So from the first point of this thread. It was intended to find accuracy. To which my video was evidence there was NO way to gain any more accuracy with the current swing. The current swing was riddled with flaws that either had to be re-worked and re-addressed or just deal with what I got.

I took on the case to revamp the whole swing. Of course with being completely at the whim of my faults and accepting there is NO immediate fix... BUT the intent was to fully understand the swing.

1) Its impossible to fully understand the swing! There is SO MUCH info out there... HERE is the biggest factor to that. I dont THINK MUCH of the info is WRONG. I think that the info eventually has to be tailored to the individual you are trying to explain it to. People learn differently, the drill or explanation that worked for you might not work for someone else.

1a) I know for a fact I learned differently from probably traditional methods and understanding. I have been receiving great PM info as well as doing my normal YouTube study..... Half the videos while the instruction is sound does NOT click or apply properly too me

2) Applying instruction..... I have been fed a LOT of info... which ultimately is great because I get to try and see what works and does NOT.... 90% of the info did NOT work. 9% of the info is clicking, 1% of the info is finally applying and creeping in.

OK so what is the updates?

1) I think I have a grip of my issue. There are a lot of terms or methods thrown out that can create more confusion. Early Extension.... to that extent is NOT a problem..... Monte edifies this BEST, It is supposed to happen for all golfers likely, but it just happens "EARLY" for me. I have tried everything to fix it, chairs on the rear, head against the wall blah blah blah blah.

2) I am a very handsy armsy golfer, we have seen enough videos but just in case - I think the root cause for most of my swing as a whole is being extremely handsy/armsy that also edifies a lack of rotation.

3) There was one single piece of advice that has clicked and caused something to change. For me in relation to half of my major issues. "Ben Hogan swing thoughts, was to keep the club at the top of the back swing as long as he could" 3:53 in the below video

https://www.revolutiongolf.com/experts/sean-foley/shallowing-the-shaft-understand-this-downswing-dyn?vrg=ys

THIS was the kicker for me..... Everyone was telling me "Steep to shallow" I get it... but because I was trying to add or rotate my arms and hands to go shallow the hands have to come down which re steepens the shaft. In reality I dont purposefully add shallowing, I need to rotate to shallow.

With that other things started to change. right elbow started to maintain its flex, hips opening up slowly, shaft lean is starting to begin,

3vvbhqaaamre.png

Here is a quick comparison,

picture left is Mid June arms fully extended, chest hips all extended at the ball just a hot mess.

Picture right was 1 week ago when I found the above video explanation. Its new so it wont be mind-blowing change but its creeping in slowly. Changes I think I see and more so feel, hips are starting to open up better indicating a start of rotation, the chest is starting to open as well, Right arm is closer and also under the left arm compared to before just to square the ball, right heel coming up higher meaning Im rotating a little better...... I know it and I can feel it and ON course has made a huge difference as well.

CONTINUED......

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Part 2, Changes I am seeing on the course.

so the above picture is about a week old probably drill close to 100-500 swings a night to engrave, so I would honestly say I am up to 1000 swing's as of current..... after the "Ah Ha moment". I am assuming by now if I take an updated picture of video, it should be a touch more open and better looking rotation (I hope) just never got around yet to take a 1 week later photo.

*More issue to work on*

1) Balance due to my EE, for years I have bad balance, most times I am on my toes.... So currently I am working to stay really flatfooted for now to maintain balance

2) I STILL have EE, but I am starting to make sense of the cause and effect and I can see the "Balance" of being on my toes is part of it. and then just staying down through the shot.

3) My take away has issues I stil need to address... My right elbow placement is my current issue. Which I am working out whats comfortable at this time.

Effects on the course and Range.

1) I lacked confidence to bow the left wrist at impact, 2 things that happen if I am rotating better and presenting better lag or shaft lean. If I dont bow the left wrist I will hit it fat OR I will have to EE again or stand up to hit the ball. If do manage to get the club to the ball without bowing, then a flip or weak left wrist shows up and the ball goes LEFT WAY left. If I get a bow, the flight is MUCH lower (MUCH lower) and the ball goes straight, much straighter.

2) So Yesterday the feel is the club head stays at the top of the back swing as long as possible, The shoulders and hips are pulling club, I dont have any ARMS at all coming at the ball. During the down swing I feel the left wrist begin to bow, Impact and everything is let go about 1ft past the ball the left wrist bow is gone my right hand feels like it fired forward towards the target. WHEN this all happens the flight is VERY straight almost no movement left or right. LW all the way to Driver.

3) HERE is the really weird feeling.... I feel like I am swinging SO MUCH SLOWER. 50% slower it "feels" Because the large core muscles are moving. It is slower than the hands and wrist. BUT the club head is whipping. So while I feel like I am moving slower the distance is about the same and or more. As I rotate, naturally the head is finding the speed to catch up to the ball so I must be maintaining the club head speed or even increasing it a little.

4) Because the Large core muscles are doing the rotation, the arms and hands do LESS. The less fine twitch muscles I have the better chance at increasing accuracy due to the reduction of input for face corrections?

5) Ball flight at this point is almost half the flight it was before, BUT straight. extremely noticeable.

6) I am hitting WAY more fairways

7) OH please Golf Gods dont hurt me.... But this seems to be an "anti choke move"..... I am NOTORIOUS to choke on the 18th hole, because I had so much arms & hands swing the fine twitch movements under stress fails me CONSISTENTLY. Eliminating a lot of the hand and arm movement and just let the core drag the hands, arms and club around.... it seems to really hold up under pressure. Par 4 18th, hit a monster drive right down the middle 307 (down hill down wind) I usually choke and hit it right into a waste area. 92 yards to the flag, Hit a LW to 2ft for tap in birdie, I damaged the cup because I hit the right edge of it had to fix..It was unreal. BUT first time I never choked. I ALWAYS CHOKE!!!!!!

Anyways.... IN ALL THIS BS.....anyone that has seen my swing and suffers the same issues? Take the video and advice, that seemed to work for me? "Ben Hogan felt like he left the club head at the top of the swing as long as possible"....... that was the "ah ha" click moment.... I really hope this builds some type of momentum. I really could use it.....LOL!

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Mikey5e said:

> Man, if you got all that going through your mind, you'll never be consistent.

Of course there was a lot going on in my mind. Golf is very hard! =)

With that being said, this is just how I work, I enjoy the details the in's and out's Thats likely why I spend a good deal on these boards. For better or for worse the enjoyment here is worth the stress of Golf!

I thought I would share some of the thought process especially with the choice to "Start" all over again. Against many other's advice not to do so. (NOT here locally) But I actually enjoyed this. While NOT perfect, while not anywhere near scratch the intent was to clean up the mess and then develop. I had a lot of flaws that needed to be addressed so YES that is why there is so much thinking. ANYWAYS again I thought I would share the single thought that seemed to break through and get me on the right track even though I got great advice from others it just would not process would not sink in until the prior mention video swing thought was received!

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Swing the club head in a circle around the base of your neck on the inclined plane from the ball to the base of your neck. To fix accuracy issues make sure the club face matches that plane.

Not sure which position it is when the left arm is at about 45* to the ground but at that point the club face should be on the inclined plane.

• Like 1

> @Zitlow said:

> Swing the club head in a circle around the base of your neck on the inclined plane from the ball to the base of your neck. To fix accuracy issues make sure the club face matches that plane.

>

> Not sure which position it is when the left arm is at about 45* to the ground but at that point the club face should be on the inclined plane.

Its taken me about a 2 weeks to digest what you are trying to tell me! LOL I think I got it......now.

With that being said.... my issue is " swinging" I did not swing with the body, I swung with the hands.

Now I think "instead of swinging" (intentionally) I rotate the club around my "neck" as you stated with my body, once the body is set in the back swing, leave the arms there and rotate the shoulders the club head and arms dont really do anything for a while... no artificial adding of speed with the arms etc... it just does it thing.

THIS now seems to translate better.... I DO NOT manipulate nearly as much as I used to so "square" the face..

the scores now seem evident. the last 5 rounds oldest to newest 88, 83, 84, 82, 77. Its not just lucky scores anymore its a reduced steady average. I usually have a 9X somewhere in the mix of 4-5 rounds. Based on stats. More fairways, penalties reduces, about the same or a little higher GIR..... implying that my accuracy overall has increased.

The only thing left? Trusting it, for so many years I was used to a balloon slice or a dead hook, even under stress now a bad swing is just offline or just off the edges of the fairway. Still leaving me good opportunities.

This would be the 3rd critical 18th hole where I ALWAYS CHOKE, where I didnt..... yesterday, on a decent par 5 hit drive right on the edge of the fairway, right side all the way to the green is water. So its all carry 2nd shot. 195yards to the flag (180 carry minimum), bunker guarding and water stops short of the bunker. I can hit a 4 iron as hard as a I can, try to feather a 5wood, or hit an 8iron to left middle of the fairway. Im 5 over at this point nothing to lose, I went for it, carried the water and the bunker was off the front left edge of the green, chip on 2 putt for par and came in with a 77. 9/10 times, it would be a choke and double or worse.

It seems isolating my rotation issue, removing the hands...... increased my consistency and reduced my spraying and choking..... I really like where this is going... PLEASE dont be a honeymoon state.... Pretty please!!!

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

You're on a better path with increasing the attention to body. It's demystified my own swing quite a bit and allowed my hands and arms to do the right thing at the right time with a lot less conscious effort. The floor has been raised along with the ceiling ball striking wise even if scoring remains flat due to lack of play. The swing is a balanced attack, scoring is a balanced attack too.

> @Nard_S said:

> You're on a better path with increasing the attention to body. It's demystified my own swing quite a bit and allowed my hands and arms to do the right thing at the right time with a lot less conscious effort. The floor has been raised along with the ceiling ball striking wise even if scoring remains flat due to lack of play. The swing is a balanced attack, scoring is a balanced attack too.

The pure fact is I lacked something major and that was rotation. the lack of rotation with the body is the fundamental source of issues. The only way to hit a bill without rotating properly is to swing the arms. the only way to hit the ball is to vary the arm swing. The only way to square the face is to rotate the hands etc etc its a never ending lose lose situation for me.

NOW add in stress and a choke is almost guarantee.

ROTATE the larges core part of the body. let the hands naturally fall and "catch up on their own" and the club head will contact the ball only thing right now that in my swing thought, left hand bowed at impact. BUT thats not a universal thoughts thats only for me.

THIS has been HUGE and highly effective to my consistency. And then.... score...and then .... confidence.... This revamp was relatively short 3 months since I started this thread.... and I dont event think i have change more than 20% of my swing, so there is VASTLY more improvements I can do, But that first 2% was the kicker to a better overall swing.

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> @copperjeff, @jut111 , @glk , Second question.

> Separate discussion. What is actually wrong with my Practice swing from the other thread?

> positioning wise I feel that my practice swing is in "Better" positions than my Real swing?

> I again understand the face open at impact.. Thats evident. But if the timing and sequence position wise seem normal. isnt the final piece of squaring the clubs either by hand or more body rotation?

>

> What I am getting at is, is the practice swing positions correct or is it wrong as well? but just not as horribly wrong as the real swing??

>

> I dont understand what is actually wrong with my practice swings, I can see whats wrong with my real swing.. what I am ultimately trying to get at with my question.

The club is open at the top, halfway down - and at impact with your practice swing. It could be as much as 40 degrees off. I'd say that the way you grip the club ruins your chances of striking the ball well.

If I were your teacher I would command that you changed your grip, so that the impact position you have in your practice swing had a square club face, everything else being equal. Then work on setup and back swing with the new grip (they will have to change).

You can study some of these pictures and your own grip in front of a mirror.

https://www.google.com/search?q=slicefixer+grip&rlz=1C1GCEU_noNO821NO821&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjoYKI4_DjAhWvxIsKHbKgCmcQ_AUIECgB&biw=1680&bih=907

And see how much more the left hand is turned clock-wise on the grip compared to yours.

Edit: The grip is weak, but not as weak as I thought. You should make it stronger, IMO, but there are other factors here that contributes to keep the face open.

> @Lefthook said:

> > @Exactice808 said:

> > @copperjeff, @jut111 , @glk , Second question.

> > Separate discussion. What is actually wrong with my Practice swing from the other thread?

> > positioning wise I feel that my practice swing is in "Better" positions than my Real swing?

> > I again understand the face open at impact.. Thats evident. But if the timing and sequence position wise seem normal. isnt the final piece of squaring the clubs either by hand or more body rotation?

> >

> > What I am getting at is, is the practice swing positions correct or is it wrong as well? but just not as horribly wrong as the real swing??

> >

> > I dont understand what is actually wrong with my practice swings, I can see whats wrong with my real swing.. what I am ultimately trying to get at with my question.

>

> The club is open at the top, halfway down - and at impact with your practice swing. It could be as much as 40 degrees off. I'd say that the way you grip the club ruins your chances of striking the ball well.

>

> If I were your teacher I would command that you changed your grip, so that the impact position you have in your practice swing had a square club face, everything else being equal. Then work on setup and back swing with the new grip (they will have to change).

>

> You can study some of these pictures and your own grip in front of a mirror.

> https://www.google.com/search?q=slicefixer+grip&rlz=1C1GCEU_noNO821NO821&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjoYKI4_DjAhWvxIsKHbKgCmcQ_AUIECgB&biw=1680&bih=907

>

> And see how much more the left hand is turned clock-wise on the grip compared to yours.

>

> Edit: The grip is weak, but not as weak as I thought. You should make it stronger, IMO, but there are other factors here that contributes to keep the face open.

Funny you mention that! During this learning curve period, I did have to make a pretty significant grip change. So the first month of course try to fix errors out of sequence. I was trying to get my right forearm pointing to the sky during my down swing (Ala Ben Hogan) I got really flat, (here is that video)

(flat, little better position but still lacked a lot of rotation)

with my weak grip this made the club face even MORE open than it was during my practice swing and real swing. So the ball went right and WAY right. the quick fix was then a strong grip, 3 knuckles showing, strong grip. Prior was basically just my index knuckle visible (very weak) during this learning curve I understood how to try to get more right arm bend closer to impact (forearm to the sky) but had to figure out how to square the face. which from the beginning of this thread my BIGGEST visual issue. club face well open right? (Of course still the wrong sequence of learning, BUT I did learn about the grip during this point)

here is the most recent video but almost a month old now.... (this was from the second day I had the "leave the club head at the top moment") But by now I had a better grip which was stronger at this point, helping to square the face, Then I noticed I need to add left wrist bowing (Someone mention the motorcycle move, to which now makes sense as well, of course at the time prior didnt because if I did it would be snap hooks)

Anyways..... this has been a ground up change understanding piece by piece. I think I have made about 6% over change..... so its been very small but I think its in the right direction finally.

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"