• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got back from my fitting and the T200 is legit! I don’t know how they did it but I was impressed that I was getting 6900 rpm backspin out of a 30 degree 7 iron. My main concern going into the f

Wow these look terrible with that screw in them. If they were trying for PXG then they failed. I am a big Titleist guy but this is terrible.

My pro hit the new line. Has played the CB's for years, but he switched and ordered the new T100's. Says the topline and offset is perfect, and the sole interaction with the ground is also really gr

> @Llortamaisey said:

> When asked why the T200 isn’t made from 1020, since that was the biggest complaint about the AP3 from the marketplace, Titleist told me that they couldn’t deliver all of the T200 tech in a 1020 package because of manufacturing constraints of forging. Take it for what it’s worth but that’s the company line.

What did they say when you asked about the shift away from the clean, traditional design of the AP line to the less appealing design of the T line?

• Like 1

I’m > @matthewb said:

> > @Llortamaisey said:

> > When asked why the T200 isn’t made from 1020, since that was the biggest complaint about the AP3 from the marketplace, Titleist told me that they couldn’t deliver all of the T200 tech in a 1020 package because of manufacturing constraints of forging. Take it for what it’s worth but that’s the company line.

>

> What did they say when you asked about the shift away from the clean, traditional design of the AP line to the less appealing design of the T line?

Publicly, the new names are attached tech story that has yet to be released, similar to how the TS name is attached to their increased ball speed tech in the woods category.

Privately, just as others have mentioned before, they needed a brand refresh to help recapture lost market share over the past few releases. The name refresh strategy worked wonders for their woods line, that’s why you see it carry over to the hybrids. Time will tell if it works for the irons.

That offset look ugly

Cobra F9 Speedback 9.................................Mitsubishi PO 70 TX
Tour Edge CBX 13.5.......................................Rombax P95 X
Tour Edge CBX 18..........................................Rombax P95 X
Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 4,5................................DGTIX100
Mizuno MP-25 6-9........................................DGTIX100
Callaway MD Forged 46, 50, 56, 60........DGTIS400
Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master

I’m sure they’d look better in a satin finish?!

Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
Nike 006 Rory Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
TP5x Pix

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Not feeling it.

Very happy w/ my current AP2/3 combo set, looks like I'm gonna have to make these last!

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 3 - 5 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Edel E3
Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag

Clicgear 4.0

> @GMR2iron said:

> Will a 3 iron be available?

There is in the range that they are replacing so I would suspect that there will be.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

So now that several people have hit them, can anyone comment on the feel of the forged face insert? Does it provide better feel than the high strength steel L face used on the majority of the AP3 irons? Obviously nothing would compare to a club with a forged soft metal body, but any softer metal would be better than the AP3, especially the short irons.

Anyone that had anything to do with naming Txxx or designing the badging for this series should be fired. Just so bad on so many levels.

Titleist TSi3 8 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5

Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X

Titleist T200 4 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

My pro hit the new line. Has played the CB's for years, but he switched and ordered the new T100's. Says the topline and offset is perfect, and the sole interaction with the ground is also really great. He also said he liked the T200's a lot. Apparently inside the head-between the face and the screw-they are filled with some kind of foam...which makes the club's perform very solidly and consistently across the whole face. We shall see.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...