2019 Titleist T100 irons

I had the opportunity to hit the new T100 and 200 yesterday during a staff fitting session. The look of these irons is drooling... I forget to take a side by side pic of the new T100 and my 716 AP2 7i's (got sidetracked) BUT the new T100 has a significant thinner topline and smoother flow in the neck. The T100 and the MB are VERY similar in looks and Titleist's purpose was for the T100 and 620 MB to be use a a combo set. Yeah it looks that good. The 620 CB has a completely different look that the other two and Titleist's intent was the CB player will play a full set. The T200 has similar looks to the AP3 BUT the transition in the heel looks much much more smooth and the face has a forged insert and polymer internally... much better sound and feel IMO.

My number on TM were very similar to my gamers. Tested new T100 with AMT White X100.

OH!!!.... forgot to mention that Titleist biggest point of communication is FORGET THE AP LINEUP... the T-series is completely new with a new story and there should be no talk about comparisons. New product line with new tech. I believe they are a homerun if you can believe it.

• Like 1

TSR3 9º Driver - Helium Black 5F5 @ 45.5”     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Recoil Proto Utility 110F5

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange - SuperStroke Flatso 1.0

Pro V1 - Yellow

> @SAM_PGA said:

> I had the opportunity to hit the new T100 and 200 yesterday during a staff fitting session. The look of these irons is drooling... I forget to take a side by side pic of the new T100 and my 716 AP2 7i's (got sidetracked) BUT the new T100 has a significant thinner topline and smoother flow in the neck. The T100 and the MB are VERY similar in looks and Titleist's purpose was for the T100 and 620 MB to be use a a combo set. Yeah it looks that good. The 620 CB has a completely different look that the other two and Titleist's intent was the CB player will play a full set. The T200 has similar looks to the AP3 BUT the transition in the heel looks much much more smooth and the face has a forged insert and polymer internally... much better sound and feel IMO.

>

> My number on TM were very similar to my gamers. Tested new T100 with AMT White X100.

>

> OH!!!.... forgot to mention that Titleist biggest point of communication is FORGET THE AP LINEUP... the T-series is completely new with a new story and there should be no talk about comparisons. New product line with new tech. I believe they are a homerun if you can believe it.

'don't compare with ap-series' lol...how else do you compare a new line?

you're a bit bias, understandably -- thank you for the observations and comparisons even though you are told not to lol

thanks!

• Like 1

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @ksmiffi said:

> Have a look at the T100 and hit it....then you'll understand. Whole new product.

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> > AP2 has been such a successful franchise I just don’t understand why they would end the branding.

>

>

Hoping this is the case. Currently a 716 AP1 player. Big fan of the forgiveness, not a fan of the look and offset (my typical miss is left). Want to try the T100 and T200 to see if they are better for me. I scheduled a Titleist Thursday fitting on 8/8, the day these are supposedly up for preorder. Can't wait!

> @ksmiffi said:

> Have a look at the T100 and hit it....then you'll understand. Whole new product.

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> > AP2 has been such a successful franchise I just don’t understand why they would end the branding.

>

>

Our pro is on the Titleist staff. He was not thrilled with the change until he hit them. The T100's won him over. Modus 130's and they were money for him.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

That sounds about right. The T100 will be Titleist's biggest seller in my opinion....and by far.

It will be interesting to see how the uptake is on tour over the next 6 months.

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @ksmiffi said:

> > Have a look at the T100 and hit it....then you'll understand. Whole new product.

> > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > AP2 has been such a successful franchise I just don’t understand why they would end the branding.

> >

> >

> Our pro is on the Titleist staff. He was not thrilled with the change until he hit them. The T100's won him over. Modus 130's and they were money for him.

>

> @SAM_PGA said:

> The T100 and the MB are VERY similar in looks and Titleist's purpose was for the T100 and 620 MB to be use a a combo set. Yeah it looks that good. The 620 CB has a completely different look that the other two and Titleist's intent was the CB player will play a full set.

Thanks for the feedback! Can you elaborate on the comment about the 620 CB looking totally different than new MB and T100?

Interesting the new MB and T100s looks more similar at address than the MB and CB... to me the current 718 MB are tiny with no offset at all and the CBs appear to have a longer blade length at address, very minimal offset, and certainly more sole width... the AP2s are then ever so slightly longer again, with slightly noticeable offset for a 'players iron', and appear to have less aggressive grooves (total speculation on my part, but the grooves look a bit different to me at address for whatever reason).

So far on tour, it appears guys are mixing T100s with CBs (a la Charlie 3 sticks), as opposed to T100s and MBs.... I'm a low launch mid spin player (scratch) so i'm actually in the minority hoping the T100s launch a bit higher and spin a bit more

> @"Big Ben" said:

> AP2 has been such a successful franchise I just don’t understand why they would end the branding.

Simple - as many have pointed out, the numbering no longer worked. For years, there was AP1 (high offset/forgiveness) and AP2 (low offset and forgiveness).

Then an iron in between was introduced with what some called "awkward" and "confusing" model number AP3 (mid offset/forgiveness).

In addition to what was apparently an unsatisfactory branding and marketing situation, there is a rumor of a T400, more offset and forgiving than T300/AP1. Which would have been - AP4?

Bear in mind, many questioned why Titleist abandoned the DCI brand, but that's worked out well enough for them.

What I really don't get is why they went in the order they did... since it seems opposite of the driver and fairway woods.

TS1 is the most forgiving driver, TS4 the least. T100 are the least forgiving irons, T300 (or T400) the most. That seems like a mistake.

• Like 1

> @pegleg said:

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> Simple - as many have pointed out, the numbering no longer worked. For years, there was AP1 (high offset/forgiveness) and AP2 (low offset and forgiveness).

> Then an iron in between was introduced with what some called "awkward" and "confusing" model number AP3 (mid offset/forgiveness).

> In addition to what was apparently an unsatisfactory branding and marketing situation, there is a rumor of a T400, more offset and forgiving than T300/AP1. Which would have been - AP4?

> Bear in mind, many questioned why Titleist abandoned the DCI brand, but that's worked out well enough for them.

>

> What I really don't get is why they went in the order they did... since it seems opposite of the driver and fairway woods.

> TS1 is the most forgiving driver, TS4 the least. T100 are the least forgiving irons, T300 (or T400) the most. That seems like a mistake.

MOI wise, TS2 is actually more forgiving than TS1. ?

> @SAM_PGA said:

> OH!!!.... forgot to mention that Titleist biggest point of communication is FORGET THE AP LINEUP... the T-series is completely new with a new story and there should be no talk about comparisons. New product line with new tech. I believe they are a homerun if you can believe it.

It will be hard not to compare the T100 and AP2. From a back on view of the T100 the club is pretty similar. That’s obviously not the case when it comes to the T200 & AP3 and T300 and AP1.

I am still torn on them. I’m Titleist all the way through but I am not sure that there will be enough of a difference between 718 AP2 and T100 to justify the difference in price that there will be.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @jacincm said:

> > @ksmiffi said:

> > Have a look at the T100 and hit it....then you'll understand. Whole new product.

> > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > AP2 has been such a successful franchise I just don’t understand why they would end the branding.

> >

> >

>

> Hoping this is the case. Currently a 716 AP1 player. Big fan of the forgiveness, not a fan of the look and offset (my typical miss is left). Want to try the T100 and T200 to see if they are better for me. I scheduled a Titleist Thursday fitting on 8/8, the day these are supposedly up for preorder. Can't wait!

The new T300 is greatly improved in appearance, reduce offset,thinner topline and shorter blade length. Make sure you give these a look!

> @"duck hook" said:

> > @jacincm said:

> > > @ksmiffi said:

> > > Have a look at the T100 and hit it....then you'll understand. Whole new product.

> > > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > > AP2 has been such a successful franchise I just don’t understand why they would end the branding.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Hoping this is the case. Currently a 716 AP1 player. Big fan of the forgiveness, not a fan of the look and offset (my typical miss is left). Want to try the T100 and T200 to see if they are better for me. I scheduled a Titleist Thursday fitting on 8/8, the day these are supposedly up for preorder. Can't wait!

> The new T300 is greatly improved in appearance, reduce offset,thinner topline and shorter blade length. Make sure you give these a look!

>

Thanks for the info! I can't wait. Anyone have any experience with a Titleist Thursday fitting? It said my appointment is 45 minutes long? Do they use the Mizuno swing analyzer to determine the shaft or is everything Trackman based

Also, the Mizuno MP20 series is looking fantastic but I'm a Titleist fanboy and can't bring myself not to get one of the new T-xxx series or even the Ap3 discounted

> @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> If Titleist managed to lower the spin on the T100 (compared the AP2’s) I will probably give them a shot.

+1

• Like 1

[b]Driver[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 9*, Fuji Ventus Black 6X[/color]
[b]Fairway Wood: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 14*, Fuji Ventus Blue 7X[/color]
[b]Hybrid[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM Max 19*, Tensei Pro White 90S[/color]
[b]4-9 iron[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Miura CB57, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color] 
[b]PW, GW[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color]
[b]Sand, Lob[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, Dynamic Gold 120 S400 Tour Issue[/color]
[b]Putter[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Toulon Las Vegas, Stroke Lab[/color] 
[b]Ball[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist ProV1, Titleist AVX

> @jacincm said:

> > @"duck hook" said:

> > > @jacincm said:

> > > > @ksmiffi said:

> > > > Have a look at the T100 and hit it....then you'll understand. Whole new product.

> > > > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > > > AP2 has been such a successful franchise I just don’t understand why they would end the branding.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Hoping this is the case. Currently a 716 AP1 player. Big fan of the forgiveness, not a fan of the look and offset (my typical miss is left). Want to try the T100 and T200 to see if they are better for me. I scheduled a Titleist Thursday fitting on 8/8, the day these are supposedly up for preorder. Can't wait!

> > The new T300 is greatly improved in appearance, reduce offset,thinner topline and shorter blade length. Make sure you give these a look!

> >

>

> Thanks for the info! I can't wait. Anyone have any experience with a Titleist Thursday fitting? It said my appointment is 45 minutes long? Do they use the Mizuno swing analyzer to determine the shaft or is everything Trackman based

>

> Also, the Mizuno MP20 series is looking fantastic but I'm a Titleist fanboy and can't bring myself not to get one of the new T-**** series or even the Ap3 discounted

Titleist fittings don’t utilize Mizunos swing analyzers. :wink:

I would say don’t knock it till you try it. In person the aesthetics look very good. Maybe not as clean as 714 or 718 but you’ll never see it once you pull the club out of the bag. Look great at address. Feel is very similar but better distance. My current 718 irons are 2 degrees strong and the T100 with same shaft at its stock loft was same distance and similar spin characteristics. I would also say if your an AP2 gamer then try the CB. Gives you that clean look. Very surprising forgiveness. Only reason I never tried it in the past but these seem very similar forgiveness to my current Ap2. Hit a few off the toe but wasn’t harsh and still flew. Only knock was that it was about 600rpms higher spin for me or else I would have pre-ordered these instead of the T100. Need less spin so T100 was the better fit for me

• Like 1

> @golfer912 said:

> I would say don’t knock it till you try it. In person the aesthetics look very good. Maybe not as clean as 714 or 718 but you’ll never see it once you pull the club out of the bag. Look great at address. Feel is very similar but better distance. My current 718 irons are 2 degrees strong and the T100 with same shaft at its stock loft was same distance and similar spin characteristics. I would also say if your an AP2 gamer then try the CB. Gives you that clean look. Very surprising forgiveness. Only reason I never tried it in the past but these seem very similar forgiveness to my current Ap2. Hit a few off the toe but wasn’t harsh and still flew. Only knock was that it was about 600rpms higher spin for me or else I would have pre-ordered these instead of the T100. Need less spin so T100 was the better fit for me

Good to hear about the spin with T100's. I play AP2's 1 deg strong. Are you keeping the T100 standard or going to adjust it? I feel like AP2 I should have went 2 deg strong to bring launch and spin down more so thinking T100 1 degree strong will work out great.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > @golfer912 said:

> > I would say don’t knock it till you try it. In person the aesthetics look very good. Maybe not as clean as 714 or 718 but you’ll never see it once you pull the club out of the bag. Look great at address. Feel is very similar but better distance. My current 718 irons are 2 degrees strong and the T100 with same shaft at its stock loft was same distance and similar spin characteristics. I would also say if your an AP2 gamer then try the CB. Gives you that clean look. Very surprising forgiveness. Only reason I never tried it in the past but these seem very similar forgiveness to my current Ap2. Hit a few off the toe but wasn’t harsh and still flew. Only knock was that it was about 600rpms higher spin for me or else I would have pre-ordered these instead of the T100. Need less spin so T100 was the better fit for me

>

> Good to hear about the spin with T100's. I play AP2's 1 deg strong. Are you keeping the T100 standard or going to adjust it? I feel like AP2 I should have went 2 deg strong to bring launch and spin down more so thinking T100 1 degree strong will work out great.

>

>

>

>

Couldn’t agree more.... great early feedback on the spin!

I know of at least a couple Titleist staffers in our area who chose the T300. That is surprising and also very exciting as that's probably where my best fit will be.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > @golfer912 said:

> > I would say don’t knock it till you try it. In person the aesthetics look very good. Maybe not as clean as 714 or 718 but you’ll never see it once you pull the club out of the bag. Look great at address. Feel is very similar but better distance. My current 718 irons are 2 degrees strong and the T100 with same shaft at its stock loft was same distance and similar spin characteristics. I would also say if your an AP2 gamer then try the CB. Gives you that clean look. Very surprising forgiveness. Only reason I never tried it in the past but these seem very similar forgiveness to my current Ap2. Hit a few off the toe but wasn’t harsh and still flew. Only knock was that it was about 600rpms higher spin for me or else I would have pre-ordered these instead of the T100. Need less spin so T100 was the better fit for me

>

> Good to hear about the spin with T100's. I play AP2's 1 deg strong. Are you keeping the T100 standard or going to adjust it? I feel like AP2 I should have went 2 deg strong to bring launch and spin down more so thinking T100 1 degree strong will work out great.

>

I ended up going a degree strong on the T100. My current Ap2 setup was a fraction lower spin then the stock T100 so I went the degree stronger to match.

> @golfer912 said:

> > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > @golfer912 said:

> > > I would say don’t knock it till you try it. In person the aesthetics look very good. Maybe not as clean as 714 or 718 but you’ll never see it once you pull the club out of the bag. Look great at address. Feel is very similar but better distance. My current 718 irons are 2 degrees strong and the T100 with same shaft at its stock loft was same distance and similar spin characteristics. I would also say if your an AP2 gamer then try the CB. Gives you that clean look. Very surprising forgiveness. Only reason I never tried it in the past but these seem very similar forgiveness to my current Ap2. Hit a few off the toe but wasn’t harsh and still flew. Only knock was that it was about 600rpms higher spin for me or else I would have pre-ordered these instead of the T100. Need less spin so T100 was the better fit for me

> >

> > Good to hear about the spin with T100's. I play AP2's 1 deg strong. Are you keeping the T100 standard or going to adjust it? I feel like AP2 I should have went 2 deg strong to bring launch and spin down more so thinking T100 1 degree strong will work out great.

> >

>

> I ended up going a degree strong on the T100. My current Ap2 setup was a fraction lower spin then the stock T100 so I went the degree stronger to match.

>

>

I'm ordering a degree strong on the T100's so that seems like it will be perfect. Just a matter of deciding between 3 shafts which is the hard part since I can't test them all.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > @golfer912 said:

> > > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > > @golfer912 said:

> > > > I would say don’t knock it till you try it. In person the aesthetics look very good. Maybe not as clean as 714 or 718 but you’ll never see it once you pull the club out of the bag. Look great at address. Feel is very similar but better distance. My current 718 irons are 2 degrees strong and the T100 with same shaft at its stock loft was same distance and similar spin characteristics. I would also say if your an AP2 gamer then try the CB. Gives you that clean look. Very surprising forgiveness. Only reason I never tried it in the past but these seem very similar forgiveness to my current Ap2. Hit a few off the toe but wasn’t harsh and still flew. Only knock was that it was about 600rpms higher spin for me or else I would have pre-ordered these instead of the T100. Need less spin so T100 was the better fit for me

> > >

> > > Good to hear about the spin with T100's. I play AP2's 1 deg strong. Are you keeping the T100 standard or going to adjust it? I feel like AP2 I should have went 2 deg strong to bring launch and spin down more so thinking T100 1 degree strong will work out great.

> > >

> >

> > I ended up going a degree strong on the T100. My current Ap2 setup was a fraction lower spin then the stock T100 so I went the degree stronger to match.

> >

> >

>

> I'm ordering a degree strong on the T100's so that seems like it will be perfect. Just a matter of deciding between 3 shafts which is the hard part since I can't test them all.

My Current setup is PX 6.5. During the fitting I hit that along with PX 6.0, C-Taper S+ and DG S400. Ranking based on how I hit them it was Ctaper, PX 6.0, PX 6.5, and DG s400. Got similar spin numbers from CTaper and both PX shafts. DG was about 300rpm higher. Got a tighter dispersion and most distance from C Taper.

I always felt the decision to have a cast face on the AP3 was a mistake for players who wanted an "AP2 plus" --- more distance and forgiveness but with that sweet Titleist feel. I am pleased to see the whole line has forged faces. Even to me, as a mid-cap, I could feel the difference in strikes between AP2 and AP3. This should equalize that variable.

M6 10.5
M4 3W
Titleist 816h 21
CF19 5-AW
SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
Byron Morgan 612
V1X/ERC Soft

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > @golfer912 said:

> > > @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > > > @golfer912 said:

> > > > I would say don’t knock it till you try it. In person the aesthetics look very good. Maybe not as clean as 714 or 718 but you’ll never see it once you pull the club out of the bag. Look great at address. Feel is very similar but better distance. My current 718 irons are 2 degrees strong and the T100 with same shaft at its stock loft was same distance and similar spin characteristics. I would also say if your an AP2 gamer then try the CB. Gives you that clean look. Very surprising forgiveness. Only reason I never tried it in the past but these seem very similar forgiveness to my current Ap2. Hit a few off the toe but wasn’t harsh and still flew. Only knock was that it was about 600rpms higher spin for me or else I would have pre-ordered these instead of the T100. Need less spin so T100 was the better fit for me

> > >

> > > Good to hear about the spin with T100's. I play AP2's 1 deg strong. Are you keeping the T100 standard or going to adjust it? I feel like AP2 I should have went 2 deg strong to bring launch and spin down more so thinking T100 1 degree strong will work out great.

> > >

> >

> > I ended up going a degree strong on the T100. My current Ap2 setup was a fraction lower spin then the stock T100 so I went the degree stronger to match.

> >

> >

>

> I'm ordering a degree strong on the T100's so that seems like it will be perfect. Just a matter of deciding between 3 shafts which is the hard part since I can't test them all.

My current setup is AP2 with PX 6.5. During the fitting I hit that plus C Taper S+, PX 6.0, and DG S400. Lost a little speed due to back issue from 2 years ago but starting to get back to my normal swing. Based on my averages I would rank them C Taper, PX 6.0, PX 6.5, and DGs400. Similar spin with the C Taper and PX shafts with most spin from DG. C Taper was 4 yards longer with tighter dispersion.