• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thumbs down to that epoxied insert in the cavity.

Never understood why the CB was still in the lineup as long as they had the AP2. With the introduction of the T100 it is obvious. The CB are good looking and the T100 quite ugly..

I wonder if the slight hump in the back of the short irons is Titleist way to distribute weight higher in the club.

I hope that the people that are saying that they will game only Titleist, or that think AP2s are the best thing since cavity backs were released haven't hit Bridgestone J15CB, Srixon 745/765, Callaway X Forged (2013), or ANY Mizuno MP (MP5 sticks out) or the 900T... because you have, and think they are even in the same category... You need help. There is not one Titleist iron that can hold a candle to those other forgings, their soft buttery feel is incomparable. There is a very big reasons why Titleist players are using Titleist irons, is because they are paid too. However, look at any non-contracted, mixed bag tour pro and you will find Mizuno irons.

Do yourselves a service and find those where you can, the J15CB is arguably the best feeling, best performing, and most forgiving players CB ever made.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

> @jonn443 said:

> I hope that the people that are saying that they will game only Titleist, or that think AP2s are the best thing since cavity backs were released haven't hit Bridgestone J15CB, Srixon 745/765, Callaway X Forged (2013), or ANY Mizuno MP (MP5 sticks out) or the 900T... because you have, and think they are even in the same category... You need help. There is not one Titleist iron that can hold a candle to those other forgings, their soft buttery feel is incomparable. There is a very big reasons why Titleist players are using Titleist irons, is because they are paid too. However, look at any non-contracted, mixed bag tour pro and you will find Mizuno irons.

>

> Do yourselves a service and find those where you can, the J15CB is arguably the best feeling, best performing, and most forgiving players CB ever made.

Odd perspective. You have a preference, correct? Isn’t that exactly what people these people that “need help” have???

> @jonn443 said:

> I hope that the people that are saying that they will game only Titleist, or that think AP2s are the best thing since cavity backs were released haven't hit Bridgestone J15CB, Srixon 745/765, Callaway X Forged (2013), or ANY Mizuno MP (MP5 sticks out) or the 900T... because you have, and think they are even in the same category... You need help. There is not one Titleist iron that can hold a candle to those other forgings, their soft buttery feel is incomparable. There is a very big reasons why Titleist players are using Titleist irons, is because they are paid too. However, look at any non-contracted, mixed bag tour pro and you will find Mizuno irons.

>

> Do yourselves a service and find those where you can, the J15CB is arguably the best feeling, best performing, and most forgiving players CB ever made.

I've hit the xforged wasnt impressed (mb was good) only mizuno I've been able to try there the 54 (meh) and the 18-sc (terrible iron) (lefty so cant hit any of their better stuff) didnt care for the sole on the srixon (shallower swing). The 716 cb felt as nice as anything I've hit. Titleist cb is probably my favorite range of iron, thin soles less offset, and dont have jacked lofts like a lot of the companies are trending towards. I don't want a 45* Pw

These look so good. Wonder how they will compare to the previous CB's and JPX 919 Tours as far as forgiveness and the MPF.

Titleist TSi3 8 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5

Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X

Titleist T200 4 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

> @Nate7357 said:

> How much more forgiving are the ap2 then cbs. I play ap2 now. And these look great.

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> These look so good. Wonder how they will compare to the previous CB's and JPX 919 Tours as far as forgiveness and the MPF.

The 718's were a surprisingly forgiving head for their overall size

Driver = Taylormade SIM 8* Hzrdus green 6.0

1 iron = Titleist U501 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
Irons = Wilson Staff tour blade,  4-PW
Wedges = Titleist 52* SM6

Taylormade 56* and 60* MG2

Putter =Ping ZB3

Ball = Bridgestone Tour B RXS

> @medici said:

> was going to get some Mizuno Jpx 919 tour but might wait for these instead!

Just get them both

Putter =Ping ZB3

> @jonn443 said:

>

Make up your mind....Mizuno is the best, but the Bridgestone is greatest ever?

I’d put the MP-32, the MP-60, the MP-64, and the MP-15 ahead of the Bridgestone.

I know...two are modifications of a cavity back, but better in my opinion. Obviously, I played a lot of Mizuno’s, starting with MP-14’s.

And as someone who has played them for two years since they were released, you are severely underrating the feel, performance, and forgiveness of the 718 AP2’s.

WITB

Titleist TSi3 9.0 degree HZRDUS Smoke 70g 6.0 Stiff 
Titleist TSi3 15.0 degree HZDRUS Smoke 70g 6.0 Stiff 
Taylor Made SIM Max 19 degree Hybrid Ventus Stiff
Titleist T100 4 - 9 AMT White S-300
Titleist Vokey SM8 46-10F
Titleist Vokey SM8 52-12F
Titleist Vokey SM8 56-10S
Titleist Vokey SM8 60-10S
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport T22
Titleist ProV1X

GO VOLS!
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone heard the release date on these?

Titleist Tsi3 10* (9.25*) Hzrdus Smoke Blue Rdx 70 

Titleist Tsi3 16.5* Tensei Raw White CK 70

Titleist Tsi3 18*Tensei Raw White CK 70

Srizon u85 20* KBS Tensei White HY 90

Mizuno 921 HMP 4,5,6 DYG TI X100
Mizuno 921 Forged 7-PW DYG TI X100
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Raw 52M/58M DYG TI Onyx X100 
Bettinardi Tour Proto Hexperimental 6.0 Cresent Neck

Can't decide between these and the new T100 (AP2 2.0) with the smaller head and thinner topline of the T100 making it more comparable to the CB. Decisions, decisions.

Callaway Rogue 9 Diamana D+ S72g /Titleist 917D3 9.5 HZRDS Yellow 6.0
Callaway M2 3HL/Titleist 917F3 15*
Callaway M2 3HB
Titleist 716 CB 4-PW / Mizuno MP30 4-PW
Titleist SM6 50/54/58
Scotty Phantom x 5.5

Got to hit the new CB and MB yesterday, I was in luck as the rep walked into the store just as I was hitting irons. I wasn't disappointed in either but the CB won me over, they felt great, look much better in person plus having a demo in the iron shaft I normally use didn't help either.

Putter =Ping ZB3

> @BDowning said:

> Will never touch another Titleist after the feeling Mizuno's have given me. My 919 Tour's are night and day softer then my 716 cb's were.

I just hit the 919 tours today compared to the the new Titleist CB and t100 and both of the titleist offerings were "softer" to me. These are the softest Titleist forgings I have hit. I will be buying one of these. They are both very sexy irons, and the pictures do not do them justice. Titleist has hit a homerun with these!!!

> @moorebaseball said:

> > @BDowning said:

> > Will never touch another Titleist after the feeling Mizuno's have given me. My 919 Tour's are night and day softer then my 716 cb's were.

>

> I just hit the 919 tours today compared to the the new Titleist CB and t100 and both of the titleist offerings were "softer" to me. These are the softest Titleist forgings I have hit. I will be buying one of these. They are both very **** irons, and the pictures do not do them justice. Titleist has hit a homerun with these!!!

When I got to hit the CB's I did also pick up the 919 Tour iron as well, I did find the Mizuno to feel a little softer but wasn't overly keen on the long blade length. The CB looked a lot better from address

Putter =Ping ZB3

> @craz-e said:

> > @moorebaseball said:

> > > @BDowning said:

> > > Will never touch another Titleist after the feeling Mizuno's have given me. My 919 Tour's are night and day softer then my 716 cb's were.

> >

> > I just hit the 919 tours today compared to the the new Titleist CB and t100 and both of the titleist offerings were "softer" to me. These are the softest Titleist forgings I have hit. I will be buying one of these. They are both very **** irons, and the pictures do not do them justice. Titleist has hit a homerun with these!!!

>

> When I got to hit the CB's I did also pick up the 919 Tour iron as well, I did find the Mizuno to feel a little softer but wasn't overly keen on the long blade length. The CB looked a lot better from address

Although I'm super happy with my Srixon 785's, I'll be looking into these. I too like a shorter blade length so will give them a go. That said, my 785's are Endo forged and it doesn't get better than that! ?

I hit the CB's a couple days, and they fall in line with past Titleist irons for me. They look amazing, but don't feel quite as good as irons from a few other companies. They also upcharge for far more customs shafts than they should. Priced and look like the best of the best, but performance and feel are very much in the middle. 919 Tours are where you should start, and Srixon Z Forged/785's and Cobra CB/MB's are excellent value options.

• Like 1

Cobra F9 9* - Ventus Black 7X / Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

TM TP Juno or Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

• 2 weeks later...

> @Trying4Better said:

> Has anyone hit these yet? Really would hate to know how amazing they are. My '19 Apex Pro's are getting scared.

I was able to hit these the other day. They look great in person. They have about as perfect a shape as you can get in an iron to my eye. Very little offset, nice straight lines and they have what I would call a very nice crisp feel without being harsh. I hit them with PX LZ 6.0s. Those are not the best fitting shaft for me. They launch and spin a little too much, but I was still getting very good numbers. These will be a set that could fit in a lot of players bags.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX