I was just looking at the TXG Video about the technology in the 620 CB and 620 MB and Ian Frasier made an interesting comment about forgiveness - it's not the heel and toe we should worry about as much grind the camber. You'll lose way more ball speed with fat shots than you will with those that are more in the heel or toe. So, the grind of the sole and how it interacts with the ground can help save ball speed.

In my roundabout way, I'm thinking these may be more forgiving than most people will think when they look at the clubhead.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thumbs down to that epoxied insert in the cavity.

Never understood why the CB was still in the lineup as long as they had the AP2. With the introduction of the T100 it is obvious. The CB are good looking and the T100 quite ugly..

I wonder if the slight hump in the back of the short irons is Titleist way to distribute weight higher in the club.

> @lordemsworth said:

> I was just looking at the TXG Video about the technology in the 620 CB and 620 MB and Ian Frasier made an interesting comment about forgiveness - it's not the heel and toe we should worry about as much grind the camber. You'll lose way more ball speed with fat shots than you will with those that are more in the heel or toe. So, the grind of the sole and how it interacts with the ground can help save ball speed.

> In my roundabout way, I'm thinking these may be more forgiving than most people will think when they look at the clubhead.

I think you need to look at YOUR miss. I rarely hit the ball fat but catch them thin regularly. Leading edge doesn't help me much now that I am shallow (too shallow) opposed where I used to be steep.

TSi3 TS3 3 Wood | 915H 2 | 718 T-MB 3, T100 4-PW | Vokey SM6 52, SM8 58 | Byron DH89 LongNeck

> @lordemsworth said:

> That’s fair. It was just a comment about that there are different ways to perceive forgiveness. Some of us look at small club heads and think there is no forgiveness. There is more than one way to define forgiveness and not just lateral with tungsten in toe and heel.

I could not agree more. I have found more and more that clubs with tungsten stabilize the head in a way to help find center for some that find heel or toe to much. For people who find the middle and sometime high or low on the face, one would expect little forgiveness with out the tungsten. Thats not always the case. I have played clubs that appear to have no help and If I catch one to low on the face and it spins more and stops on the green at more or less the same distance, that's the forgiveness I want. If I hit it High off of the center of the face and launch goes up, spin comes down to offset.

PING G410 LST 9° PING TOUR 6X

PING G410 LST 14.5° PING TOUR 7X

Mizuno  MP SEL 3 PX LZ 6.5

Mizuno JPX SEL 4-P,G PX LZ 6.5

MP-T20 55.09 LZ 6.5

MP-T20 60.10 LZ 6.5

???????????

This is where the maltby index comes into play, placing a high weight on vertical COG location. If you struggle with hitting the ball low on the face, Maltby’s scores will help you immensely. Something like a P730 TaylorMade will be disastrous while an MP32 Mizuno will play like a game improvement iron, for example.

[size=1]Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5* - Aldila 130msi Rogue Black 60 tx[/size] 
[size=1]Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Accra TZ6 75 x[/size]
[size=1]Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - VA Raijin 84 x[/size]
[size=1]Mizuno MP-54 (4,5) MP-20 (6-PW) - Nippon Modus 125 s [/size]
[size=1]Vokey SM7 RAW 52F 56S 60D - Nippon Modus 125 wedge[/size]
[size=1]Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball [/size]

[size=1]Lefty, Lead tape enthusiast[/size]

I hit these at a local shop today and loved the look and feel of these along with the MB's. Playing Mp18 now. 10 hcp primarily due to missing putts not irons. Small heads yet but was actually hitting them flush every time. Feel was amazing. Love the thin top line. Guy at the store kind of offended me by saying I shouldn't even think about bagging these clubs. Said with my HCP i should play a more forgiving club. F off. Am I off base here? The MB and this club are just timeless and maybe I'm missing something but if you're hitting them well, so what that they have a smaller head. My game is improving every day. On verge of breaking 80 and the way I look at it I want to get better so maybe these clubs will actually help dialing things in. I'd also play around with perhaps the T100 for longer irons and then blend in the CB and MB along wth the U for long. Any feedback much appreciated because this guy at the shop didn't make me happy on a day off!!!! :(

> @mtnbiker5 said:

> I hit these at a local shop today and loved the look and feel of these along with the MB's. Playing Mp18 now. ** **10 hcp primarily due to missing putts not irons.** ** Small heads yet but was actually hitting them flush every time. Feel was amazing. Love the thin top line. Guy at the store kind of offended me by saying I shouldn't even think about bagging these clubs. Said with my HCP i should play a more forgiving club. F off. Am I off base here? The MB and this club are just timeless and maybe I'm missing something but if you're hitting them well, so what that they have a smaller head. My game is improving every day. On verge of breaking 80 and the way I look at it I want to get better so maybe these clubs will actually help dialing things in. I'd also play around with perhaps the T100 for longer irons and then blend in the CB and MB along wth the U for long. Any feedback much appreciated because this guy at the shop didn't make me happy on a day off!!!! :(

That's a lot of missed putts

• Like 1
TaylorMade SIM, 9*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 70TX
TaylorMade SIM TI, 15*, MRC Tensei Pro White - 80TX
Callaway UT 3i, PX 6.0
TaylorMade P7-TW, 4i-PW, DGTI X100
Callaway Jaws MD5 raw 52S, 56S, 60T, DG TI S400
Piretti GOAT
TayloreMade TP5

I was SUPER stoked to hit the MBs, CBs and T100's the other day but the CBs felt way to clicky for me. The MBs were fine and even the T100's felt less clicky but I think the new Mizuno MBs are a few hundred less (in Canada) so dollar for dollar I'll be switching to the MP20 MB eventually. Shame as I really like the look of the 620 MBs

Tsi3 7.25* Velocore Black 6x

Tsi3 15* Tensei Raw White 75x

TM P770 3i Velocore Black HB 9x

Titleist T100 4-PW DG X100

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

• 2 weeks later...

Still think these are the best looking iron for Titleist this year but just not forgiving enough for me and spun way too much, even considering the loft difference from T100 was way too much.

Titleist TSi3 8 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5

Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X

Titleist T200 4 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1