2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2019 Titleist MB irons

Could always get some iron covers like club pro guy ?‍♂️

> @mtnbiker5 said:

> This forum is great. I too hit the MB and CB today at local golf shop. Playing MP 18 now and love the grain flow feel. MP 20 look gorgeous so waiting until my other shop has them to compare. I really thought I'd find the MB hard to hit. Smaller head, almost scary in the past and everyone always said the clubs are only meant for tour pros. Harder feeling club than Mizuno. I am wrong for now. Was striking MB and CB's pure dead center. Feel was amazing. The look of the MB is just timeless. Love the thinner top line compared to mizzy. Can easily blend MB, CB possibly T100 and a utility long iron. I love the look of the new MP 20 though. The one thing I've noticed about my current MP 18, maybe a softer metal. They get banged up. Not the face. I've got dents and bruises all over back and around my clubs. They look borderline sh*t now. I'd almost hate to invest in the MP20 if the softer metal just gets like that. Any other Mizuno owners see this with their clubs? I dunno have to look at the numbers and feel to compare apples to apples. I think this Thursday Mizzy drops. The one thing that really pissed me off, this old guy at the store telling me I shouldn't be playing the MB's, said I should go with a more forgiving club. Oh really? I'm a 10 HCP and its still dropping. Only thing that is killing me is my putting but thats my fault. Here's a guy who's never seen me play only took a few swings off a mat (I won't name the retailer-annoying) Was hitting every shot pure and he's trying to get me into a more forgiving club. He even said Titleist is not for me. Said they make clubs hard to hit. Wtf....get the **** outta here.

> @jjrussell12 said:

> It sounds like a lot of the custom orders are taking longer than expected to ship. I’m going on 2 weeks after my fitting and my club said they haven’t received shipping notification yet. Waiting sucks... :(

I hadn't received shipping notification for mine, but they showed up a day earlier than estimated delivery without notice. Don't get too discouraged yet.

> @mtnbiker5 said:

> This forum is great. I too hit the MB and CB today at local golf shop. Playing MP 18 now and love the grain flow feel. MP 20 look gorgeous so waiting until my other shop has them to compare. I really thought I'd find the MB hard to hit. Smaller head, almost scary in the past and everyone always said the clubs are only meant for tour pros. Harder feeling club than Mizuno. I am wrong for now. Was striking MB and CB's pure dead center. Feel was amazing. The look of the MB is just timeless. Love the thinner top line compared to mizzy. Can easily blend MB, CB possibly T100 and a utility long iron. I love the look of the new MP 20 though. The one thing I've noticed about my current MP 18, maybe a softer metal. They get banged up. Not the face. I've got dents and bruises all over back and around my clubs. They look borderline sh*t now. I'd almost hate to invest in the MP20 if the softer metal just gets like that. Any other Mizuno owners see this with their clubs? I dunno have to look at the numbers and feel to compare apples to apples. I think this Thursday Mizzy drops. The one thing that really pissed me off, this old guy at the store telling me I shouldn't be playing the MB's, said I should go with a more forgiving club. Oh really? I'm a 10 HCP and its still dropping. Only thing that is killing me is my putting but thats my fault. Here's a guy who's never seen me play only took a few swings off a mat (I won't name the retailer-annoying) Was hitting every shot pure and he's trying to get me into a more forgiving club. He even said Titleist is not for me. Said they make clubs hard to hit. Wtf....get the **** outta here.

Having played MP18 combo set for the last year, I agree with everything you've said. I think this Titleist line is easier to hit despite looking far more intimidating from address. The center and off center hits feel better, as well, and have a lot better flight for me with the same shaft. For what it's worth, I went with T100 three iron, 4-6 CB, 7-9 MB, Vokey rest of the way and love it so far.

Thanks Rouski12. I still pissed on this guy telling me at the store for me not to consider Titleist because their not forgiving and how I should be playing a more forgiving club. Guy walks back over with some plastic Callaway shovel for me to hit. Wtf. Get outta here. I'll play him at my club, $5 hole and walk away with all his money. Drop da mic.

Have to really compare the new MP 20's because to be fair they look stunning and I have fallen in love with the feel of Mizuno. However, I wish they made the Mizzy top lines just a little thinner to match how the MB/CB look at address. Will compare side by side once Mizzy released (I think this Thursday?) I just prefer a thin top line like the MB/CB but personal pref. I will say having played AP2 for many many years before the reason I left Titleist, probably the same as everyone else who has, was the feel. The whole grain flow forging process Mizzy uses is just amazing. Now with these Titleist clubs I just don't know yet. Its pretty darn close. I was pleasantly surprised. As for the condition of my Mizuno's, I carry my bag a lot at my club so maybe all the jingle and jangle that goes on causes all the dents and bruises but they do look banged up and wondering if that attributes to a softer metal they use? Seems like a solid Mizzy tribe on this site overall so maybe someone knows about the softness of metals between the two. That could explain all the dents and bruises I have. I've seen a lot of older Mizzy models guys at my club carry and they're all banged up but, the feel overall is still there which matters. I also wish Mizuno stamped the numbers a little further down on the toe (like Titleist-and PXG for the matter-it makes sense) rather than right on the sole of the clubs where turf hits it. All my numbers are worn and look like crap no matter how hard I clean them. This is nit picking too but I'm not a fan of Mizzy white stamping their numbers either. The new MB/CB's are just timeless though. Timeless. They are stunning to look at and hold. The brushed finish is glorious to say the least. Even if on a day you don't have game you can at least make an impression to say you've got it. Lol. These are clubs you have in bag for many many years to come. I have to look at the numbers though in the end especially dispersion factors. Distance I gotta believe almost the same. If I go Titleist I probably will do a U 510 iron, CB 6 & 7, MB 8-PW. Might look into bending them perhaps 2*. We'll see. My guy knows how to dial in he's amazing. Vokey of course for my 3 wedges, 52, 56 & 60, staying in the bag. The other club I need to dial into is the 5 iron. I'm not sold on Mizzy's new HMB line yet. I game a 5 FliHi now. Its ok, wouldn't say its a missile as much as Mizzy claims it to be. It can go high but wouldn't call it a missile launcher by any stretch especially on damp thick air days. I hit the U510 today but it was a 3 iron (all they had) and it was a tomahawk. Pure wtf power. Scary. I gotta believe a 5 iron in the U510 would launch well. 185-190 shot to green uphill, ball sitting perfectly in second cut and I gotta believe the U510 would get there effortlessly and hold perfectly. I just have to stack it up against Mizzy's new MP 20 HMB to see. That could be deciding factor for me overall. Appreciate your feedback.

• Like 1

I am so torn between the new Titliest MBs and the MP-20s! Both look fantastic and the Titleist's performance was awesome. I will have to test side by side here soon once I can get my hands on an SEL MP-20 and make a decision.

10.5˚ TaylorMade Stealth Plus

18° Titleist TSR2 5 Wood

21° Titleist TSR2 7 Wood

4-PW Titleist T100s Black

50˚ Titleist SM8 Black

54˚ Titleist SM8 Black

60˚ Titleist SM8 Black

Bettinardi Hive 8.0

Bridgestone Tour B-XS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

> @Tony_Ireland said:

> r7neykmhykif.jpeg

> Mine came in thursday, straight to the course for a comp :) . PUREEEEE

They look so good! How did the competition go???

Driver - Taylormade SIM 10.5°

3 wood - Titleist 910f 15°

Hybrid- Titleist 910h°

Irons - Mizuno 919 Tour 4 - PW

Wedges - Titleist SM7 51 / 55 / 60 DG

Putter - Yes! Callie

Ball - Titleist Pro v1x

> @"Oliver Klozoff" said:

> Gorgeous. But I fail to understand titleist putting the lift on the PW. I assume it’s cause in the ap1 there is a P and a W And the P is like 42 degrees? Seems weird in an MB. I’d have to stop at the 9i and go to the vokeys.

The mb pw is 47°

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

I’ve got the 718 cb’s and was thinking about just buying a half set to replace my short irons, I love the 718’s and these look rad but I don’t want to change my long-mid irons, I don’t think hah

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

> @fore_life said:

> I’ve got the 718 cb’s and was thinking about just buying a half set to replace my short irons, I love the 718’s and these look rad but I don’t want to change my long-mid irons, I don’t think hah

I’ve got to correct my myself, before purchasing the 620 combo, I played the 718 CB 3 iron and the 718 MB 4-pw. But before that, I played the 718 CB 3-pw, and before that the 716 CB 3-pw. I sometimes forget which are all the clubs that I’ve played lol. The 718 CB 3 iron was the club that I hit the best in my bag but I’ve replaced it with the U500 Driving three iron. I’m only receiving the driving iron next week, so the verdict is still out if it was a wise decision to trade in my beloved 3 iron lol. In hindsight I think the more prudent decision would have been to keep my 718 CB 3-6 and only get the 620 MB 7-pw. I don’t find any difference performance wise between the 718 CB 4-6 and the 620 CB 4-6 irons. But, I’ve been known to make idiotic decisions in the past. But having said that, I suspect that the transition from the combo 620 CB to the 620 MB is more seamless than what transition from the combo 718 CB to the 620 MB would be. But that is just me

> @Aren said:

> > @fore_life said:

> > I’ve got the 718 cb’s and was thinking about just buying a half set to replace my short irons, I love the 718’s and these look rad but I don’t want to change my long-mid irons, I don’t think hah

> I’ve got to correct my myself, before purchasing the 620 combo, I played the 718 CB 3 iron and the 718 MB 4-pw. But before that, I played the 718 CB 3-pw, and before that the 716 CB 3-pw. I sometimes forget which are all the clubs that I’ve played lol. The 718 CB 3 iron was the club that I hit the best in my bag but I’ve replaced it with the U500 Driving three iron. I’m only receiving the driving iron next week, so the verdict is still out if it was a wise decision to trade in my beloved 3 iron lol. In hindsight I think the more prudent decision would have been to keep my 718 CB 3-6 and only get the 620 MB 7-pw. I don’t find any difference performance wise between the 718 CB 4-6 and the 620 CB 4-6 irons. But, I’ve been known to make idiotic decisions in the past. But having said that, I suspect that the transition from the combo 620 CB to the 620 MB is more seamless than what transition from the combo 718 CB to the 620 MB would be. But that is just me

You've already ordered but imo cb 3 iron is way better for me than u500.

• 9 months later...

Can someone give me a picture of a 7 iron head sitting next to a ruler/tape measure? So I can see how long the clubhead is.

Or a link to the exact dimensions.

Thanks