The Open Championship at Royal Portrush GC/Dunluce Links - Shane Lowry is the 2019 Champion Golfer

tiderider

> @DatSliceDoe said:

> Not sure that's a good look on Brooks tbh. At least TW laughed it off.

Woods keeps his knowledge of Augusta to himself (rightly so) and Koepka has an inside track with his caddy. They are direct competitors and the reason Woods laughed is because it's probably what he expected.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @DatSliceDoe said:

> > Not sure that's a good look on Brooks tbh. At least TW laughed it off.

>

> Woods keeps his knowledge of Augusta to himself (rightly so) and Koepka has an inside track with his caddy. They are direct competitors and the reason Woods laughed is because it's probably what he expected.

Exactly

Tiger say golf isn’t the most important thing for him anymore.

> @pgapromex said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > Tiger probably wanted access to koepka’s caddie ... big cat don’t give a **** about brooks “I have a chip on my shoulder” Koepka ...

>

> Uh huh, Big Cat hasn't done **** since BK mopped the floor with him at Bethpage.

Sure he did.

He went on vaca ; )

sncgtxas3xpu.png

> @pgapromex said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > Tiger probably wanted access to koepka’s caddie ... big cat don’t give a **** about brooks “I have a chip on my shoulder” Koepka ...

>

> Uh huh, Big Cat hasn't done **** since BK mopped the floor with him at Bethpage.

negative ... had to rearrange that trophy room to find space for that 5th Masters trophy ...

> @tiderider said:

> > @pgapromex said:

> > > @tiderider said:

> > > Tiger probably wanted access to koepka’s caddie ... big cat don’t give a **** about brooks “I have a chip on my shoulder” Koepka ...

> >

> > Uh huh, Big Cat hasn't done **** since BK mopped the floor with him at Bethpage.

>

> negative ... had to rearrange that trophy room to find space for that 5th Masters trophy ...

Cherish that Masters win, probably the last you will see. Tiger saw the future at Bethpage and it wasn't him.

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @jngolf said:

> > > Any news on why CH3 withdrew?

> >

> > He's not a big fan of playing The Open Championship.

> >

> > https://www.rotoworld.com/golf/golf/player/33548/charles-howell-iii

> >

> > _It was his fourth straight cut made with each of his last four results being an improvement over the previous start. Despite the trending form, CH3 deciding against the long flight this week and will get a bit of rest before the final push to the FedExCup title. Howell III has played just two Open Championships since 2013 and both were missed cuts. In fact, he is just 4-for-10 overall at the event with nothing better than a T28 (2011). It's easy to see why he's skipping. Martin Kaymer is now the first alternate._

>

> I like him but this is an interesting and revealing insight into his psyche.

Why? Because he doesnt like long air travel and he clearly doesnt play well in links-style golf?

I remember this type of banter back and forth a few years ago when Steve Stricker decided to skip The Open one year (and maybe the year after as well) because he simply wanted to be at home with his family. The rubes here who would all give their left nut to play The Open just couldnt understand why someone would intentionally skip a major, and wouldnt take any reasoning as sufficient. Him simply saying "I have a family vacation planned, and that's what I'm doing" seemed to bother people, as if everyone who gets an exemption to a major is suddenly obligated to use it....not realizing that in the summer in America is when most Americans take vacations.

CH3 earned an exemption to play, and chose not to, for whatever reasons. If it is family reasons, good for him. He's played 23 events this year, which is more than any other player in the top 20 in the FedEx Cup this year. He'll likely be playing 4 out of the next 5 weeks. I hope he enjoys his break, and I look forward to watching him play for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @DatSliceDoe said:

> > Not sure that's a good look on Brooks tbh. At least TW laughed it off.

>

> Woods keeps his knowledge of Augusta to himself (rightly so) and Koepka has an inside track with his caddy. They are direct competitors and the reason Woods laughed is because it's probably what he expected.

Not just what he expected but what he would have done himself.

> @pgapromex said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > > @pgapromex said:

> > > > @tiderider said:

> > > > Tiger probably wanted access to koepka’s caddie ... big cat don’t give a **** about brooks “I have a chip on my shoulder” Koepka ...

> > >

> > > Uh huh, Big Cat hasn't done **** since BK mopped the floor with him at Bethpage.

> >

> > negative ... had to rearrange that trophy room to find space for that 5th Masters trophy ...

> Cherish that Masters win, probably the last you will see. Tiger saw the future at Bethpage and it wasn't him.

mx1zl9prs932.png

> @pgapromex said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > > @pgapromex said:

> > > > @tiderider said:

> > > > Tiger probably wanted access to koepka’s caddie ... big cat don’t give a **** about brooks “I have a chip on my shoulder” Koepka ...

> > >

> > > Uh huh, Big Cat hasn't done **** since BK mopped the floor with him at Bethpage.

> >

> > negative ... had to rearrange that trophy room to find space for that 5th Masters trophy ...

> Cherish that Masters win, probably the last you will see. Tiger saw the future at Bethpage and it wasn't him.

Most of us are cherishing that win. Who expected it? 15 majors, 81PGA wins and half as many overseas means Tiger can hang up his cleats and ride off into the sunset today and still be considered no worse than 2nd best golfer ever.

Tiger at 16-1? All the interviews he is giving he keeps going on and on about how much the Masters win took out of him physically etc. Play in PGA and U.S. Open supported that. Must really be uncomfortable physically if he is willing to admit he really can’t practice much and definitely can’t play tournaments leading up to majors anymore. I guess for all we know the 2019 Masters May be his 1986 Masters..Last one. Weather sure won’t help this week...

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @grm24 said:

> > > > @jngolf said:

> > > > Any news on why CH3 withdrew?

> > >

> > > He's not a big fan of playing The Open Championship.

> > >

> > > https://www.rotoworld.com/golf/golf/player/33548/charles-howell-iii

> > >

> > > _It was his fourth straight cut made with each of his last four results being an improvement over the previous start. Despite the trending form, CH3 deciding against the long flight this week and will get a bit of rest before the final push to the FedExCup title. Howell III has played just two Open Championships since 2013 and both were missed cuts. In fact, he is just 4-for-10 overall at the event with nothing better than a T28 (2011). It's easy to see why he's skipping. Martin Kaymer is now the first alternate._

> >

> > I like him but this is an interesting and revealing insight into his psyche.

>

> Why? Because he doesnt like long air travel and he clearly doesnt play well in links-style golf?

>

> I remember this type of banter back and forth a few years ago when Steve Stricker decided to skip The Open one year (and maybe the year after as well) because he simply wanted to be at home with his family. The rubes here who would all give their left nut to play The Open just couldnt understand why someone would intentionally skip a major, and wouldnt take any reasoning as sufficient. Him simply saying "I have a family vacation planned, and that's what I'm doing" seemed to bother people, as if everyone who gets an exemption to a major is suddenly obligated to use it....not realizing that in the summer in America is when most Americans take vacations.

>

> CH3 earned an exemption to play, and chose not to, for whatever reasons. If it is family reasons, good for him. He's played 23 events this year, which is more than any other player in the top 20 in the FedEx Cup this year. He'll likely be playing 4 out of the next 5 weeks. I hope he enjoys his break, and I look forward to watching him play for the rest of the season.

Yeah but, it’s really going to hurt his chances of running down Jack’s 18 majors.

> @howaboutme said:

> It looks like we can stream on the Open website. Is this open to all? I don't have GC so no access to that streaming....

If need be you can always subscribe to a quality VPN service that will get around any Geo blocking. Then just cancel the VPN service after the tournament.

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @grm24 said:

> > > > @jngolf said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > _It was his fourth straight cut made with each of his last four results being an improvement over the previous start. Despite the trending form, CH3 deciding against the long flight this week and will get a bit of rest before the final push to the FedExCup title. Howell III has played just two Open Championships since 2013 and both were missed cuts. In fact, he is just 4-for-10 overall at the event with nothing better than a T28 (2011). It's easy to see why he's skipping. Martin Kaymer is now the first alternate._

> >

> > I like him but this is an interesting and revealing insight into his psyche.

>

> Why? Because he doesnt like long air travel and he clearly doesnt play well in links-style golf?

>

> I remember this type of banter back and forth a few years ago when Steve Stricker decided to skip The Open one year (and maybe the year after as well) because he simply wanted to be at home with his family. The rubes here who would all give their left nut to play The Open just couldnt understand why someone would intentionally skip a major, and wouldnt take any reasoning as sufficient. Him simply saying "I have a family vacation planned, and that's what I'm doing" seemed to bother people, as if everyone who gets an exemption to a major is suddenly obligated to use it....not realizing that in the summer in America is when most Americans take vacations.

>

> CH3 earned an exemption to play, and chose not to, for whatever reasons. If it is family reasons, good for him. He's played 23 events this year, which is more than any other player in the top 20 in the FedEx Cup this year. He'll likely be playing 4 out of the next 5 weeks. I hope he enjoys his break, and I look forward to watching him play for the rest of the season.

LOL! No, actually everyone here who has sense quite clearly understands why he isn't playing - as has been stated by multiple posters in this thread - and everyone is just fine with whoever is next up in the queue.

Get a lot of weird rants in this forum, but this is certainly one of the oddest. Never knew CHIII could generate such strong feelings in someone before.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> Wait, what? When did Americans start putting ice in their beer?

>

> Anyways two things:

>

> Scott Hoch is a dolt if he didn't go play the British because of the weather OR the money. It's the oldest most prestigious golf tourney out there. It's a MAJOR. He has/had plenty enough money (and what's the point of having money if you don't spend it on something like.... playing in a major?) and the weather thing just couldn't be more lame. TBH I never read anything that said it was about the money.

>

> And.... two more sleeps and then we get to wake up really early to watch golf. Now THAT is living!!

>

> ps - "the weather". Really?

>

>

Most prestigious?

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> And the winner for strongest golf field of the year goes to.......

>

> The PGA Championship

>

> top 5

> 1 PGA Championship SoF 901

> 2 British Open 898

> 3 Players Championship 882

> 4 United States Open 838

> 5 The Masters 796

if only CHIII had shown up ...

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @grm24 said:

> > > > @jngolf said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

Course I understand why he isn't playing and its 100% his prerogative if he values other aspects of his life but it definitely reveals something about him as a competitor. Looks at his record, particularly the comparative lack of wins vs perceived talent levels plus his major record, it's indicates a lot about him and to suggest otherwise is in complete contradiction to the evidence.

• Like 1
[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @LICC said:

> > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > Wait, what? When did Americans start putting ice in their beer?

> >

> > Anyways two things:

> >

> > Scott Hoch is a dolt if he didn't go play the British because of the weather OR the money. It's the oldest most prestigious golf tourney out there. It's a MAJOR. He has/had plenty enough money (and what's the point of having money if you don't spend it on something like.... playing in a major?) and the weather thing just couldn't be more lame. TBH I never read anything that said it was about the money.

> >

> > And.... two more sleeps and then we get to wake up really early to watch golf. Now THAT is living!!

> >

> > ps - "the weather". Really?

> >

> >

>

> Most prestigious?

Sure, or close enough.

There's only two others that are close so it's not something that can be objectively proven either way. I'll drop it to one of the top 3. Still a curious choice to miss. It's certainly more prestigious than anything else he played in this year other than the US Open and the Masters.

I think Tiger has finally put himself in a good place in his life. Winning the Masters and then not winning the next two Majors doesn't mean much more than you didn't win but you are still able to fight another day and he will.

Sometimes when you quit chasing something it becomes easier to catch....

**ticket count -**

R McIlroy

B Koepka

X Schauffele

J Rose

T Fleetwood

T Woods

**money wagered -**

D Johnson

R McIlroy

B Koepka

T Woods

L Oosthuizen

F Molinari

**Winning Score**: 272.5

**Lowest Round**: 64

**R McIlroy/B Koepka/D Johnson Win Open Championship?**

Yes +350

No -450

**R McIlroy/B Koepka/D Johnson/J Rahm/T Woods Win Open Championship?**

Yes +200

No -250

> @idrive said:

> Sometimes when you quit chasing something it becomes easier to catch....

Just ask CHIII

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.