The Open Championship at Royal Portrush GC/Dunluce Links - Shane Lowry is the 2019 Champion Golfer

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @jngolf said: > Any news on why CH3 withdrew?     Something about no ice.

spoiler alerts... lol what year is this? you come onto wrx and pretend not to know who shot what?? give me a break

I wonder if TaylorMade will now release a 79 degree wedge to commemorate Rory’s opening round?

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > Would anyone here really want to play this course with rain and a 25 mph wind? Not me.

> >

> > would play it in a heartbeat ... nothing like links with wind ... have to bear down and play hard ...

> Have fun. I’ll be in the pub.

>

and the golfers will be on the course ... enjoy that pint ...

> @MountainGoat said:

> Would anyone here really want to play this course with rain and a 25 mph wind? Not me.

rain I am not a fan of but the wind, 15mph is just a normal day!

• Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 18* UDI Project X 6.5
  • Ping Blueprint 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Guess we didn't know what we were missing (Essex and Kent). Yup, we're just tourists and hit the tourist trails in Devon and Cornwall, hiked in Cotswalds, not exactly places where struggling people would be found, more like being dropped off in the middle of a BBC historical period tv show. But the golf in SW England is so good.

> @MountainGoat said:

> Would anyone here really want to play this course with rain and a 25 mph wind? Not me.

Wind for sure - be great fun. Rain: no. Even with the quality bad weather gear these days, it's still not fun.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Yeah! Now that's how you open The Open Championship :-D

That had to be a pretty emotional start for Clarke too, well done!

• Like 1

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @"Vardon Grip" said:

> Good lord, not even 1 hole played and the play through ads are out of control, it was like double the number of ads that would be shown in a commercial break.

Yikes. This has been a brutal start for the splitscreen ads + the regular ones :-s

Time to call it a night for trying to watch this thing live, but I want to see a few groups play 4/5 tonight darnit.

F.T.

The coverage on Sky Sports so far has been great. A few advert breaks but nothing too much and they only last for a minute at a time which is fine in my book.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

> @juliette91 said:

> Can we reply to individual posts anymore? Doesn't look like it. Anyway, for the two guys who had the car accident, I've been to the Republic and N. Ireland about 5 times (for golfing mostly) and along with SW England where I recently toured (yah, golf too) I met the friendliest, well informed and resilient people, more so than any of my travels and I've traveled extensively. I encourage others to go to England or Ireland and experience whatever they're there to do. We bought one of those National Trust memberships (if you're American they call it the Royal Oak Society) and you can get in free to any of the National Trust sites as well as park for free (which often turns out to be quite a savings.). Anyway, even if you golf your brains out you might consider seeing a bit more of the country.

I'm a little biased but the people in the north west of England are said to be (some of) the nicest. And we have top-class golf courses to go with it along England's golf coast. For any golfing trip to England you must visit the north west.

Similar to National Trust there's also English Heritage. You can get access to over 400 historic places including castles etc. to re-live a bit of our medieval history and beyond to 6000+ years ago!

Absolutely gutted that I have to slope off to work and miss this...what a response for GMac on the 1st tee. Delighted to see him there.

Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

Beef with the eagle on two!! It is so so good seeing him playing well again.

Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

> @tiderider said:

> > @MountainGoat said:

> > Would anyone here really want to play this course with rain and a 25 mph wind? Not me.

>

> would play it in a heartbeat ... nothing like links with wind ... have to bear down and play hard ...

I'd play it every day if I could. It's what I grew up playing (albeit I was in West Cornwall)

I've added Portrush to my bucket list - it looks fabulous - how golf is meant to be played.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > > @M4TT said:

> > > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > Rory's Stone Island jacket with a Nike Swoosh on the chest is unexpected.

> > >

> > > Agree. It would be very strange even seeing Stone Island on any of the players let alone Rors. Not sure it suits his style. I am sure however that it suits his wallet.

> >

> > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > Disappointing news from the R&A regarding taking the event to the rest of the world.

> > > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/british-open-2019-randa-chief-martin-slumbers-quells-talk-of-taking-the-open-championship-beyond-the-british-isles

> > >

> > > Looks like I can keep calling it the British Open for the foreseeable future.

> >

> > ?? ... you really want it taken outside the isles?

>

> Why not? Have some in Japan, Mexico, USA, South Africa, Australia, etc.

>

> That's the only way to make it "The Open Championship".

I struggle to understand your logic - it's an Open because of the entry criteria, not where it's held. I don't know how things are done in the US, but most British clubs have a Club Championship and an Open Championship - the former is for members and the latter is (amazingly) open to anyone to enter. My old club did not play it's Open championship at a different course :|

• Like 1

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

> @stanger37 said:

> Wow, Rory looked like me on the first hole.

I'd love to be able to hit a 2 iron far enough to get into trouble...

Looking to get a bet on Rory missing the cut but can't find one any where, probably too late now as he will be evens or worse.

Callaway Rogue Even Flow 6.0

Callaway Rogue Heavenwood Even Flow 6.0

Cleveland Launcher HB 25* Myazaki stiff

Ping i210 4-UW DG 105 reg
Ping Glide 3.0 DG 54* WS DG 105 stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 60* SS DG 105 stiff
Scotty Cameron Special Select Del Mar