Jump to content

Is the new Titleist Linksmaster Series Golf Bag better than Stitch SL1 / SL2?


Recommended Posts

> @gambit said:

> > @Gremnich said:

> > saw one (member bag, or at least labeled as such) yesterday -- wanted to buy it, but took it out to make sure the top wasn't too tight first. was a no go for me -- more trouble getting 14 clubs in than in my jones utility trouper.

>

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > If they are made by the same people making the current Players series bags...take a hard pass, with extreme prejudice. It will not be a quality bag, much less a quality bag worth $350.

>

> Well, that's disappointing to say the least.

 

Just to be clear, I don't know for a fact it's the same maker as their regular range of bags. Just saying if it is, the quality isn't there.

From August 18, 2021 I will be away from GolfWRX for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To those that have seen it in person, in pictures the bag looks like leather. I know it says that it's a nylon material in the descriptions. Any thoughts on how it looks in the wild? Does the "fake leather" look good or cheap?

Cobra King Speedzone 10.5°, HZRDUS Small Batch Smoke Green 60 6.5

Cobra King Speedzone Big Tour 13°, HZRDUS Small Batch Smoke Green 70 6.5
Titleist 818H2 19° MCA Tensei Pro White 90X
PXG 0311T Gen2, 4-6, Project X 6.5
TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Raw: 54.11, DG Tour Issue S400
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe Raw: 60.12, 64.12, DG Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron T22 Newport 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @gioguy21 said:

> if i'm gonna spend that much - might as well buy a vessel and customize it as you like. i saw one of these in the wild at the state open in navy -- looked ok, nothing to write home about tho.

 

Might want to check out the “Vessel thread” in the Deal or No Deal section... They may have issues with the durability of their material.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75

Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite

Cleveland RTX4 60* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Olson Manufacturing Legacy Stainless

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m about 2 weeks in with using this series of bag, specifically the “members bag”.

I’ve used multiple bags in the past:

Ping L8

Ping Hoofer

Ping Hoofer Lite

Sun Mountain 2.0

Titleist Stadry 2018 version

 

This bag is basically a Sta Dry with a different configuration with the 3 slots on top vs. 5. I find it’s much easier to get mid sized grips in and out of the bag. As far as the weight of the bag, I feel it’s very comparable to the Ping Hoofer Lite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @invistone said:

> I’m about 2 weeks in with using this series of bag, specifically the “members bag”.

> I’ve used multiple bags in the past:

> Ping L8

> Ping Hoofer

> Ping Hoofer Lite

> Sun Mountain 2.0

> Titleist Stadry 2018 version

>

> This bag is basically a Sta Dry with a different configuration with the 3 slots on top vs. 5. I find it’s much easier to get mid sized grips in and out of the bag. As far as the weight of the bag, I feel it’s very comparavl

 

 

How would you compare to the L8?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @jbo89 said:

> > @invistone said:

> > I’m about 2 weeks in with using this series of bag, specifically the “members bag”.

> > I’ve used multiple bags in the past:

> > Ping L8

> > Ping Hoofer

> > Ping Hoofer Lite

> > Sun Mountain 2.0

> > Titleist Stadry 2018 version

> >

> > This bag is basically a Sta Dry with a different configuration with the 3 slots on top vs. 5. I find it’s much easier to get mid sized grips in and out of the bag. As far as the weight of the bag, I feel it’s very comparavl

>

>

> How would you compare to the L8?

 

Larger than the L8 with more pockets and more room up top. I would say it’s 1-1.5 pounds heavier than the L8. The L8 is by far my favorite bag.

>

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @invistone said:

> > @jbo89 said:

> > > @invistone said:

> > > I’m about 2 weeks in with using this series of bag, specifically the “members bag”.

> > > I’ve used multiple bags in the past:

> > > Ping L8

> > > Ping Hoofer

> > > Ping Hoofer Lite

> > > Sun Mountain 2.0

> > > Titleist Stadry 2018 version

> > >

> > > This bag is basically a Sta Dry with a different configuration with the 3 slots on top vs. 5. I find it’s much easier to get mid sized grips in and out of the bag. As far as the weight of the bag, I feel it’s very comparavl

> >

> >

> > How would you compare to the L8?

>

> Larger than the L8 with more pockets and more room up top. I would say it’s 1-1.5 pounds heavier than the L8. The L8 is by far my favorite bag.

> >

>

>

 

I love my L8 as well. Can you share some photos of your linksmaster bag?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

> @DMAIC said:

> Anyone know when these will be available and where to purchase one?

 

I believe they are available only at the Top 50 courses in the world. I saw one recently at RCD and one of the guys in the pro shop mentioned that. Makes sense based on others’ comments about where they’ve seen/purchased them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine was delivered yesterday. If anyone wants specific pictures of a black members bag, let me know.

 

Here are a few notes since I only loaded it up before life got in the way:

1. I use NDMC Midsize grips with 4-6 wraps. Club tangle is not going to be a big deal. I have it loaded with driver/4 wood and putter in a super stroke putter tube on the top, 3 iron to 9 iron in the middle and PW/GW/SW/LW on the bottom.

2. The water bottle sleeve is a tight fit for a 24oz hydro flask

3. Ball pocket is small but big enough for the balls you need for 18. If you need more than what fits, buy more at the turn or invest in some lessons.

4. Every other pocket is useful and deliberate. No excess BS.

5. There are 2 straps that come with it- a single and a double. If you can’t change the straps out with the four clips in less than 10 seconds, there’s a problem.

6. The bag carries lighter than it is, hard to explain but it feels like my original hoofer, feels lighter than it really is.

7. Matching rain hood is slick.

8. This bag is awesome, can’t wait until next spring to really use it. Until then, the Taylormade Flextech is still my go to for winter practice and sloppy rounds. I see going back to the Flextech when it’s less than perfect to keep the Linksmaster clean.

 

Any photo requests, I’ll follow up tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lets see some pics!

 

what made you decide to go with the member bag over the caddy bag? Ive had my eye on the caddy bag and am about ready to pull the trigger.

 

were you able to see any other colors in person? i saw the black navy and slate a few months back but have my eye on the ash or cool white but am curious if anyone has seen them and how they look compared to the catalog

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw them at Aronimink a month ago at a member guest and had to find one for myself. My pro was able to source one for me from his Titleist rep since our club doesn't carry them. I suggest trying that if your club is not one of the "exclusive" clubs that has them. I don't expect you'll ever see these at retail shops. I went with the member bag for the storage and the double strap since I'm a walker. Carries lighter due to excellent straps. I love the clean, no logo look. Best bag I've ever owned, functional yet high class look and feel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @Zac1321 said:

> lets see some pics!

>

> what made you decide to go with the member bag over the caddy bag? Ive had my eye on the caddy bag and am about ready to pull the trigger.

>

> were you able to see any other colors in person? i saw the black navy and slate a few months back but have my eye on the ash or cool white but am curious if anyone has seen them and how they look compared to the catalog

 

I saw the catalog, liked what I saw and picked up the phone. I was going to order an all black Vessel, but since I walk 90% or more, the legs were a deal breaker. No idea what the other colors look like in person, thought about the navy one but really wanted a black one and pulled the trigger. I don’t have a great reason that I bought the members bag over the caddy bag, just preferred the layout of the members bag.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

damn, that white bag is so clean. the biggest thing holding me back (on any bag) is the water bottle pocket, how would you say the under pocket zipper section works for this? a tangent but ill never understand how 99% of bags are designed so that if you use the water bottle section the pocket its over is basically unuseable

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 18 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
      • 25 replies
    • 2021 BMW Championship - Discussion and Links
      Put any questions of comments here
       
       
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #7
       
       
      Cameron T-11 & T-11.5 putters at 2021 BMW Championship
      Mizuno Pro FliHi and 225 irons - 2021 BMW CHampionship
       
       
       
      • 18 replies
    • 2021 Ping i59 irons & Glide Forged wedges in hand comparison pics!!!
      In hand pics of the new 2021 Ping i59 irons and Glide Forged wedges...
       

       
      Ping i59 7 iron
       

       
       
      Ping i59 PW
       

       
      Ping i59 Comparison Photos

       

       

       

       
       
       
       
      PING Glide Forged Wedges

       
      Ping Glide Eye Toe Wedge
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 98 replies
    • 2021 The Northern Trust - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #1
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #2
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #3
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #4
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #5
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #6
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #7
       
       
      New Cameron for JT - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Cameron putters for Garrick Higgo - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Odyssey putter covers - 2021 The Northern Trust
       
       
      • 6 replies

×
×
  • Create New...