Is the new Titleist Linksmaster Series Golf Bag better than Stitch SL1 / SL2?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone that has one of these bags please weigh them? I haven't been able to find a weight for these anywhere. Would love to know for both styles and fabrics but I'll take what I can get!

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love my bag. I ordered the white and navy caddie bag from my club. By far the best bag I have ever owned. Materials are very premium. Leather and felt and zippers all seem to be of sturdy construction. Does not feel cheap and thin. Strap is an awesome big leather strap that is very soft. My fiancé liked it so much she ordered one and she never orders golf stuff for herself. Titleist did a great job on this one. Ordered it from my club for around $300 including American flag embroidery on the ball pocket and my club logo on the side. You also get a free custom initials plate from titleist. 

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a "members" bag for my wife (or that's what I told her) last month. Most items have already been covered, but a few items to add and/or emphasize:

1. I really, really like how certain pockets have mesh dividers to allow for better organization. A nice touch without adding much weight.
  2. The Members bag has a longer apparel pocket than the Caddie bag. However, the apparel pocket doesn't seem that large. Perhaps it is due to the material which almost seems to compress the pockets for a clean look. I'll do some test packing this fall as my wife stops playing, and I begin my attempt at commandeering the bag.
  3. The rain hood is offensively bulky, yet, premium. I can't imagine a scenario where I'd ever carry it. To my point above, it absolutely dominates the apparel pocket.
  4. If your bag only came with a single strap, it is likely that you have a caddy bag not a members bag. I'm fairly certain you cannot put the dual strap on a caddy bag. Yet another reason to go with the members bag.
  5. Someone else said it, but I think it is worth emphasizing - this bag really does carry lighter than a scale might suggest. The more bags I go through, the more I become convinced that people talk far too much about absolute weight and not enough about weight distribution. 
  6. The absolute worst part of this bag is the lack of grab handle at the top opening. This is the single biggest reason this bag may remain in my wife's possession over the next 6-12 months.

I have not owned a Stitch SL2, though I have a few playing partners that have. Aside from the grab handle, I can't think of any reason to purchase a Stitch bag over the Linksmaster Members Bag. At roughly the same weight and price, the Titleist bag is much more full featured and versatile.

My club was a few of these in the pro shop and they always catch my eye. Very good looking bag. Even more so with the club logo embroidered on the side. 

That being said another member got one and I was kinda taken back by how heavy his bag was. I do not know what was in it but man it had some weight to it. As a walker I do not think I could justify it, also its close to 600 here in Canada. 

• 4 months later...

I love the way these Linksmaster bags look and the quality sounds great.  The one thing I wish they had was a grab handle at the top.

@IC3BURGH is saying this a likely deal-breaker for him on this bag.

Any other Linksmaster users find this to be a problem or concern?

Edited by OK_Golf

WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS, stock stiff, 9*
3 wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max, stock stiff, 15*,
Hybrid: Callaway XR Pro stock pro stiff 18*
Irons: Callaway Apex (2014) 4-AW, KBS Tour-V 110 S
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T 56*; Callaway X Series Jaws 60*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Fastback

I came from the SL1 and haven't had an issue with it. I will echo what others have said, Linksmaster is an awesome bag. I've got 10 rounds or so on mine since I got it and have no regrets. 

Cobra LTDx Aldila NV 75 

TaylorMade Stealth Fairway 3HL FUJIKURA VISTA PRO 21 65S

Cobra LTDx 4 Hybrid 20* KBS PGI 85

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist SM9 55*/60*
Bobby Grace F-18

On 2/15/2021 at 4:05 PM, OK_Golf said:

I love the way these Linksmaster bags look and the quality sounds great.  The one thing I wish they had was a grab handle at the top.

I’ve never had an issue with it, funny part is that I didn’t even think about not having the top handle until it was pointed out.

On 2/15/2021 at 4:05 PM, OK_Golf said:

Never even crossed my mind actually. I don't think I've ever used the grab handle on the top of a bag before.

Thanks for the feedback on the lack of top grab handle.  My current bag does not have the top grab handle ... but I always have to put my hand exactly where a grab handle would be (and just squeeze the top cuff) when sliding the bag off of my shoulders to set down.  I've started walking more (both winter and COVID) and have actually been thinking a top grab handle would be a key reason to get a new bag.

When walking, do you grab the top cuff of the bag to help set it down when you slide it off your shoulders?

WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS, stock stiff, 9*
3 wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max, stock stiff, 15*,
Hybrid: Callaway XR Pro stock pro stiff 18*
Irons: Callaway Apex (2014) 4-AW, KBS Tour-V 110 S
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T 56*; Callaway X Series Jaws 60*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Fastback

I picked up the Linksmaster Caddie style bag about half way through the year last summer.  My experience so far:

• Great styling and quality materials all the way around.  Looks absolutely fantastic.  I love not having the manufacturer logo all over the bag.
  • I'm more of a minimalist type in what I carry, so for me the Caddie style/pocket offerings were fine.  I also typically carry no more than 12 clubs and size is also fine for that.
  • What I thought I would like about the caddie style versus member style is a little less weight and the fact that I carry a one strap bag on my left shoulder and that pocket design allows for carry on either shoulder.
  • Lack of a grab handle - a bit of an issue.  As previous poster surmised, yes, if needed I grab the top cuff when I go to set it down.

The one issue that I think will cause me to look for something else this year - weight.  It's simply not a lightweight bag.  Even the caddie model checks in at roughly 5.5 lbs.

I think my mistake was possibly not just going with the member bag.  A little more in weight but the dual strap design would likely feel better when carrying.  For a single strap bag I think it would have been better for me to go super lightweight with something 3 lbs or less.

I did use a Stitch SL1 for a handful of rounds early in 2020 (it's still in my basement.)  Thought that was a nice bag for carrying 10-11 clubs and just the essentials.  But the strap just was not comfortable at all.  And even that bag is almost 4.5 lbs.

I tried to like the bag, but as I said before, and others have brought up me saying, no grab handle on the top cuff awkward. Combining this with the bag being meaningfully heavier than my SM 2.5+, I just can't possibly switch. I might consider taking this bag on some golf trips, but as an everyday looper it's DOA. Wife can keep it.

It is a bummer though because it looks amazing in every way.

I walk almost exclusively.    

I have a plain, unmarked members links master.  It’s a great bag.  Double strapped it’s no heavier then the stay dry stand bag from a few years ago that it replaced.  It had a slightly smaller profile tho. 

I think it comes down to whether you want the thin materials used in run of the mill stand bags - and the related weight savings that provides - or, higher quality and durability - and the required weight.  Those stainless strap buckles vs the plastic clips.... that sort of thing.  

I looked at SL2 hard.....but came upon just enough mixed reviews about the strap or whatever to give me pause.   I couldn’t find any poor reviews of the links master members.   I found an unmarked and new out the box one on eBay at retail price and pounced.

Quite happy with it.  

G430 LST 9* Ventus TR Black 6S

Darkspeed 15* 1K Pro White 70S

G430 19* LIN-Q TSPX Black 85H F4

Black Ops 22* AV White 85S
ZX5 MkII (5-P) Modus3 105X
MG4 50,54,58 Modus3 125S

Futura 5.5 Weld Neck by Slighter

• 4 weeks later...

For those that own the Linksmaster bags, are there any issues with the legs folding up and staying tight against the bag when carrying? Or, do the legs hang down and away from the bag when carrying? I’ve had similar issues in the past with other Titleist bags like the Players 4, and the bag legs would hang down and catch the back of my thighs when walking with it. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

8 hours ago, ace036 said:

For those that own the Linksmaster bags, are there any issues with the legs folding up and staying tight against the bag when carrying? Or, do the legs hang down and away from the bag when carrying? I’ve had similar issues in the past with other Titleist bags like the Players 4, and the bag legs would hang down and catch the back of my thighs when walking with it. 

Zero issues with the legs while carrying.

Callaway, Titleist, Miura, Mizuno, Piretti

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2021 at 1:03 PM, ace036 said:

I have had the legs hang down when I use the single strap but let it hang more behind me like it would with a double strap. Its been a great bag though

Titleist TSi4 9* D4                                         - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* A1 fairway                           - Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li 7X

Titleist TSi2 21* C4 fairway                          - Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li 8X

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4                                   - Graphite Design Tour AD 95X

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-6                               - KBS $-Taper 120S Black PVD

Mizuno MP-20 7-PW                                      - KBS $-Taper 120S Black PVD

Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/55/60                 - KBS Tour 130X Black Nickel

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport       - KBS CT Tour Black

Byron Morgan Long Neck Oil Can DH-89     - BGT Stability Tour3 Blackout