2019 Travelers Championship

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @pgapromex said: > > @golfnoob25 said: > > Imagine if Tiger had the weeks brooks is having > > Like he had a Bethpage?   I think he means in his prime. How about Reavie l

2018 was the best field the Hartford Open had since the advent of the OWGR. The first place points were 58 and it matches that with this year's field. The SoF in 2018 was 446 and is down slightly to

Any fan of K Bradley for this week?

Interesting... Brooks is IN, but Rory is OUT.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

2018 was the best field the Hartford Open had since the advent of the OWGR.

The first place points were 58 and it matches that with this year's field. The SoF in 2018 was 446 and is down slightly to 436 this year.

This is the pro debut for 2018 US Amateur Champion Viktor Hovland and the 2019 NCAA POY Matthew Wolff.

tee times are up

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/travelers-championship/tee-times.html

featured groups

Bubba Watson/ Brooks Koepka/ Tony Finau (NORAD is on alert)

Phil Mickelson/ Jordan Spieth/ Marc Leishman

Paul Casey/ Jason Day/ Bryson DeChambeau

Patrick Cantlay/ Francesco Molinari/ Justin Thomas

Chip McDaniel's wild ride to Monday qualify

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/chip-mcdaniels-wild-18-hour-odyssey-from-the-final-round-at-pebble-beach-to-monday-qualifying-for-travelers-championship

• Like 2

> @HitEmTrue said:

> I was wondering why Hovland wasn’t able to declare himself a pro for the US open, knowing he was playing in the Travelers. Once qualifying as an an amateur, it can’t be changed?

No, becoming a pro cancels his exemption, so he would have had to qualify. He will have to requalify to get back into the British Open next month.

> @thevaporz said:

> ^Yes, he wouldn't have been eligible to play in the US Open had he declared professional status. My DK picks: Koepka, Oosti, Wolff, Byeong An, Sungjae Im, and Ryan Armour.

>

> Hovland and Wolff are gonna light up the Tour. I predict a few top tens for each of them the rest of the season.

Keep and eye on Morikawa as well. He has had two good starts to begin his career.

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> 2018 was the best field the Hartford Open had since the advent of the OWGR.

> The first place points were 58 and it matches that with this year's field. The SoF in 2018 was 446 and is down slightly to 436 this year.

Thats surprising it's down, albeit only slightly, as at a glance the field looks way stronger this year compared to last.

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> featured groups

> Bubba Watson/ Brooks Koepka/ Tony Finau (NORAD is on alert)

Yes the long hitting will be awesome to watch but the contrasting styles too, excellent group to watch.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @Philomathesq said:

> Interesting... Brooks is IN, but Rory is OUT.

Yeah I thought Rory was supposed to be playing this event.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

I know its a massively over used expression but what's up with JB Holmes? Since his win at Riviera his results have been pretty much horrible. He's in the field this week.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

i find it ironic that the betting populous still think brooks at 7/1 when he does nothing in regular tournaments, especially those following majors.

SiM2 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45"

SiM / Rocket 3w (set 1 tick higher loft) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 2.5"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X

MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

> @gioguy21 said:

> i find it ironic that the betting populous still think brooks at 7/1 when he does nothing in regular tournaments, especially those following majors.

He's due a win in a regular tournament.

T19 here at Travelers last year after his US Open win (next again week) and T8 at Northern Trust after his PGA win (2 weeks after), that's decent showings.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > i find it ironic that the betting populous still think brooks at 7/1 when he does nothing in regular tournaments, especially those following majors.

>

> He's due a win in a regular tournament.

>

> T19 here at Travelers last year after his US Open win (next again week) and T8 at Northern Trust after his PGA win (2 weeks after), that's decent showings.

It also has to do with Vegas and the books protecting themselves. There are a few handful of big names in golf and that is who the general public are going to bet on. Some drunk stumbler in Vegas sees "BRUCE KOEPKA AT 30/1 TO WIN? I'LL TAKE THAT!" and too much money would be bet on him if he came through and won a non-major. They'd take a big loss. That isn't why they're in business.

The same reason Tiger will never be at a realistic odd to win any major. He'll always be around 12/10-1 to win because people would hammer him if he was any less favorited. And even that may be too high to get the people to shy away from betting too much on him. Books feed off the fish, not the people that do their homework.

> @stanger37 said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > i find it ironic that the betting populous still think brooks at 7/1 when he does nothing in regular tournaments, especially those following majors.

> >

> > He's due a win in a regular tournament.

> >

> > T19 here at Travelers last year after his US Open win (next again week) and T8 at Northern Trust after his PGA win (2 weeks after), that's decent showings.

>

> It also has to do with Vegas and the books protecting themselves. There are a few handful of big names in golf and that is who the general public are going to bet on. Some drunk stumbler in Vegas sees "BRUCE KOEPKA AT 30/1 TO WIN? I'LL TAKE THAT!" and too much money would be bet on him if he came through and won a non-major. They'd take a big loss. That isn't why they're in business.

>

> The same reason Tiger will never be at a realistic odd to win any major. He'll always be around 12/10-1 to win because people would hammer him if he was any less favorited. And even that may be too high to get the people to shy away from betting too much on him. Books feed off the fish, not the people that do their homework.

I know how odds are compiled. The original comment was unclear but I don't think that was the point being made. I think what was being suggested was the lack of value at those odds yet people still thinking its a good bet but not about how the odds were derived.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

The oddsmaker I check has Hovland shortened from 50/1 to 40/1 but Wolff's odds have remained unchanged. Must be significant money being staked on Hovland.

I'll probably be wrong but my feeling is that Wolff will do better this week.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @stanger37 said:

> > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > i find it ironic that the betting populous still think brooks at 7/1 when he does nothing in regular tournaments, especially those following majors.

> > >

> > > He's due a win in a regular tournament.

> > >

> > > T19 here at Travelers last year after his US Open win (next again week) and T8 at Northern Trust after his PGA win (2 weeks after), that's decent showings.

> >

> > It also has to do with Vegas and the books protecting themselves. There are a few handful of big names in golf and that is who the general public are going to bet on. Some drunk stumbler in Vegas sees "BRUCE KOEPKA AT 30/1 TO WIN? I'LL TAKE THAT!" and too much money would be bet on him if he came through and won a non-major. They'd take a big loss. That isn't why they're in business.

> >

> > The same reason Tiger will never be at a realistic odd to win any major. He'll always be around 12/10-1 to win because people would hammer him if he was any less favorited. And even that may be too high to get the people to shy away from betting too much on him. Books feed off the fish, not the people that do their homework.

>

> I know how odds are compiled. The original comment was unclear but I don't think that was the point being made. I think what was being suggested was the lack of value at those odds yet people still thinking its a good bet but not about how the odds were derived.

yes, this is what i was getting at. i know how odds are made

SiM2 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45"

SiM / Rocket 3w (set 1 tick higher loft) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 2.5"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X

MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

Brooks looks like a well oiled machine. His game just looks so rock solid it's untrue.

"The kiss has happened. The kiss has happened."

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @Lagavulin62 said:

> He does have a rather cocky demeanor. I missed the comments just before he teed off to start the round. I just heard, “I thought about” referring to his look waiting to tee off. They were sort of ribbing his cockiness. Anyone get the full scoop?

https://www.pgatour.com/video/2019/06/19/brooks-koepka-comments-on-his-mental-approach-leading-into-trave.html

I believe it's just ultimate confidence in his ability and he feels he has earned it the hard way via Challenge Tour and European Tour. In addition, he keeps things super simple which makes it sound like he's saying it's easy which to some sounds cocky.

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]