2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

What has made it into your bag so far in 2019?

craz-e

Mizuno JPX919 Forged with UST Recoil shafts. Not sure if it's the club or shaft but night and day difference in my iron play. I also had terrible wrist and elbow pain prior to switching to the recoils. I'll NEVER go back. No pain even after long range sessions.

SM7's swapped out for Callaway PM grind 56 and 60 (also with Recoils). Love the bounce, love the high toe. Just great wedges! Not sure if I'd say they're better than Vokeys, but I sure have a lot more confidence with my wedges with these Callaways. Weird looking at first, but I have hit so many good shots with them so consistently, I don't care what they look like.

I can't believe it, but the Mizuno ST190 with an Atmos Black 6X has dethroned the M1 440 with the AD DI 6x. My spin is still within 100 revs on the LM average, which really surprised me. Just sets up so well for my eye and I think that truly makes a difference for me. I hit every driver I test about the same distance, given the shaft is within reason. This thing just gives me confidence when I look at it. Like I have an idea where the ball is going to end up! Wasn't even looking for a driver, but one of our pros wanted one of my old sets of irons and told me he'd trade a custom fit Mizuno for them. So happy I made the swap. My fail has been in the driving iron department. Bought a Mizzy 2 iron and just couldn't make it work anywhere but the tee. Too low of spin to hit into any firm green. I don't need low laser 250 yard knuckle balls. I don't live in Scotland. The old 915 hybrid went back to her rightful perch in my bag.

2019 in MP63

G20 driver

SM6 58S

Gone xr16 3 wood no use off fairway 4 me. Happy Bag.NZ summer is 95 days away☺

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

Over the last year I went from playing approximately 5-7 times a year to once or twice per week, so of course I had to upgrade every piece of equipment I owned.

Driver: TM 2017 M1 9.5 to Titleist TS3 (actually got fit for once and picked up 17 yards carry avg.)

Fairway: Nike VR Pro Ltd to Tour Edge EXS

Hybrid/Driving Iron: Switch between a TM UDI 18* and a Ping I25 17*

Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo (will never get rid of these) to Srixon Z765

Wedges: A mashup of nike/mizuno wedges to Titleist SM7s

Putter: Scotty Golo 5 replaced by an old friend in a Rife Cayman Brac

Handicap went from approximately a 14 to a 6.3 in that time. This of course has nothing to do with my equipment but regularly playing weekly and playing in competition as well. But fresh gear never hurts either!

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X

Sim TI Rocket 14* w/ Atmos Black TS 7x

Callaway UW 17* w/ Tensei Pro White 70tx

T100S (4-P) w/ Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 w/ Project X 6.5 Wedge (50/54/58)

***Custom Goodwood G6***

I upgraded from Callaway Apex CF16s to the CF16 Pros. I thought I would lose some distance but that really hasn't been the case mainly due to a different shaft in the irons I think (S300s in the CF16 and Project X LZ 5.5s in the CF16 Pros).

I also swapped Big Bertha Fusion 3W and 5W for Rogue 3W and 5W. The Fusions were a little more forgiving but the face was too closed for my liking. The Rogue 5W has become my most dependable club outside of my SW.

Lastly, I upgraded the Big Bertha Fusion Driver to an Epic Flash Driver. Again the BBF was a little more forgiving but the Epic Flash is definitely longer. I'll always keep the BBF driver as a security blanket if I run into issues with my Driver as it is a fairway finder, just sacrifice some distance when I play with it

My entire bag outside of putter is Callaway family, I have a Callaway Pre Owned problem

Took a lesson late spring and my ballstriking has improved. I ditched the Callaway X20 Pros, Cally X Forged '07s, added Mizzy MP15s with C Taper Lites. Not sure if those shafts will work for me in the long run, but I am going to play them for a bit as I am still working on swing changes from the lesson.

Rotating three drivers (2 Titleists and a Callaway Epic), thinking about going to get fit for my driver soon..

> @Joelsim said:

> Ping Tour shaft has replaced the Alta in my driver.

>

> TM Mini Driver has replaced Ping G400 3 Wood.

>

> Got a Cobra Ltd Black 5 Wood coming which I expect to replace my 19* Titleist 818 hybrid.

>

> Ping G410 SW has replaced Cleveland CBX 52*.

>

> And several putters are in rotation, only had one at the start of the year, now have 6. I suspect I’ll sell the SL and the Exo as I prefer a milled face, find it much more consistent and pleasing to hit. Maybe will replace those two with either a Bettinardi Queen Bee #9 or a Toulon Palm Beach.

And as if by magic, a Toulon Palm Beach has been ordered, along with another Winn Dri-Tac Jumbo Lite grip (10g lighter than the Odyssey SL grip the Toulon comes with).

> @dvdt said:

> In and out

> Cobra F9 driver

> F9 fw

> M6 driver

> 410 hybrid

> Apex 19 combo

> Apex 19 pro

>

> Currently in

> 410 lst driver

> Original one

> Crossover

> Blueprints

> Betti queen b

Love the set up!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

The Cobra F9 driver replaced my 2018 M2. I mentioned in the Cobra F9 thread that the F9 simply blew the M2 away. As with all club hos, I promised myself that I'd keep my bag as is for the 19/20 season. Once I saw the driver and the reviews it got I got a demo of it on course for a few weeks to see how it performed in the various conditions we have here. The numbers spoke for themselves but when I saw the results on the course I ordered one immediately.

One item that didn't make it into the bag was the F9 Tour with Atmos blue stiff. No matter how well I hit it, I just couldn't find the trajectory that I wanted.

I decided to get rid and ordered the standard head (yellow) with an Oban shaft. Trajectory is perfect, can draw and fade it and the ball pops hot off the face.

Driver: Out- Epic w/ Tp6 to F9 w/ Atmos Black 6x to Atmos Black 7S tipped 1 in.

3WD- Out Tm something to Titleist TS2 w/Atmos Black 8S Tour Stiff

Irons- Out Callaway Apex '16 Pro PX 6.0 to Miura 1007 w/ Super Peening to Apex Pro/ Apex Pro Dot w/ Elevate ( en route)

Wedges- Out Ping Glide 2.0 to Miura 51,55,59 w/ Nippon 125

Putter- Out Tank to Cameron Phantom 7

On deck- TMB 4 iron w/ PX 6.0

Driver: Tour Issue Epic Flash TD 10.5o w/ Fuji Ventus Black 6x 

5wd: Taylormade Sim2 SHAFT???    

Hybrid: 19Titleist 915 w/ Diamana 90 Stiff

Irons: 4Iron thru GW Titleist T100  Shaft????     

Wedges: Edel Wedges 54 & 58 Nippon Modus 125 

Putter: PXG Bat Attack Gen1

Back at Thanksgiving, I switched to TE Exotics CB Pro Tungsten irons, in part to increase ball spin. Good and bad days hitting them, mainly because I can't seem to get my golf playing schedule in regular mode.

Last week...

* I took the Alpha 815 FW (18°) head that I had been playing at 20° as a 7W. Lofted it down to 17°, got slightly open face (stopped draw from becoming hook). Result: I can hit it just as far - and more consistently - as the Alpha 815 (14° head) at 16° (half-inch longer shaft). 17° is my new 4W, and the 21° XRail 7W is going back in bag.

* Got a face-balanced Ping Sigma.G Tyne putter. After first price cut, a sale discount and a trade-in, I got it for $120. I've been using SBST putting stroke, and my Slotline had too many left-right sprays. The Tyne has clean, sleek alignment back - other OEMs Spiders and Ray Cook options look like a distracting pinball machine when trying to line up putt. After some practice sessions, used Tyne in Friday scramble and sank a half-dozen putts for the team.

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

Tried Ping LST (copper mamba) and Callaway Rogue SZ (Hzrdus yellow) drivers. Ping has been sold and Rogue is next to be sold. Neither could knock out the old Callaway GBB (lightening bolts on bottom) with Aldila Rogue shaft.

Tried Callaway Rogue (non sz) 13.5* 3 wood with HZRDUS Yellow and Cobra f7 3 wood with Fuji shaft. Both are great and knocked out my Tour Edge xcg7 beta Ti. The Rogue 13.5* is my favorite right now with the F7 a close second.

Still have the P790's........haven't felt the need to try anything else.

Sold all my sm6 wedges and Glide wedges and put in TM milled grinds 50*, 56* and 60*. These are keepers....

Replaced the Tommy Armour Impact series #3 with a Odyssey 2 Ball Fang Stroke Lab.

Out: 2016 Cobra King MB/CB irons w/ C-Taper 120 shafts

Out: Titleist 712U 4 iron with KBS 120 stiff shaft

In and Out and Back In but Probably Out Again: Piretti Cottonwood 2 putter

In: Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW w/ Modus 120 shafts

In: Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-5 irons w/Modus 120 shafts

I hit the Cobras alright but I could feel my spin dropping considerably. The C-Taper 120 is bit too low spin/low launch of a shaft for me and I had enough forgettable rounds in terms of ball striking that it was easy to justify moving on. The JPX 919 Forged were bent one degree strong to blend with the Tours and that also took away some offset. The Tours are just as demanding as the Cobras but the Modus 120's are a better fit for my swing. I also missed having Mizuno irons in my bag. The putter looks great and feels even better but I've got a row of Anser-style putters waiting for their turn.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Almost the whole current bag at this point... 2017 M2 9.5 has been my favorite addition by far. J15cb have also taken my game up a level... So much good stuff out there, even if you want to go back a few years.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I bought a new Ping putter cover. My old Ping putter cover was showing some wear. I’ll still use the old one when I practice, but I’m definitely “gaming” the new one when I actually play.

I don’t think I’ve bought any new clubs in a couple years...and those were just trading out old Titleist wedges for new Ping wedges.

Mizuno MP-20’s

Ping G-410

I'm a club ho, so I've changed everything. Started the year with MP18 SC, m1 driver and 3 wood, vokey sm6 wedges. I then went to p790, m6 driver, m5 3 wood, hi toe wedges. Now, I'm back to my mlp18 SC. Just put in TS3 driver, TS2 3 wood, and sm7 wedges.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 10.5* 

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 5 wood 

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Tour X PROTO putter

> @Sdschutt said:

> > @cflo2382 said:

> > It's been quite a year:

> >

> > Failures:

> > -Cobra F9 Driver - Failed, wanted to love this but just couldn't get consistency.

> > -Titleist T-MB 2 Iron - Just couldn't get along with it.. Granted, I only tried one shaft.

> >

> > Successes:

> > -PING G410 Plus w/ Accra TZ6 - replaced the standard G400 w/ HZRDUS Black.

> > -Cobra F9 Tour Fairway w/ Tensei Pro Orange 80x - replaced 2017 M2 3HL w/ HZRDUS Red. - Love the heavier shaft in the fwy.

> > -Driving Iron/Utility - G410 Crossover w/ HZRDUS Red 105x. Replaced PXG 0311X w/ AD DI 105x.. However, about to test out that New Level Utility so this is subject to change.

> > -Iron and wedge shafts - Just recently swapped out the Modus 120x w/ Super Peening Blue X.

> > -Wedges - Went from a 52/58 set up back to a 51/55/60 set up (dropped my 3 iron).

>

> I had the same issue with the F9 Driver. I think the head is too light for me and that was the issue. Maybe if I tried heavier weights it would have worked.

I just wanted to share that I had a similar experience. I'm a fan of Cobra products and I really wanted to fit into the F9, (especially since it's less expensive) but I just couldn't get the numbers I needed - it spun more and didn't launch as optimally as the TS3, which I also preferred the shape and sound of.

I'm not sure exactly what it was about the head that didn't jive with me because we didn't do a ton of investigating. With multiple shaft changes it just wasn't doing what I needed it to when the M5 and TS3 were great with several different shafts, so we focused on optimizing those.

> @craz-e said:

> What has made it into your bag this year guys and what have you also tried but failed to kick out your existing equipment?

> Share the glory and the horror stories too!

Well, 2019 has been the year of the purge...

- Ping G400 LST replacing the M3

- Ping G410 3 wood replacing the Rogue

- Ping g410 3H and 4H replacinging the Rogue 5W and 4H

- Mizuno 919 Forged replacing the 718 AP2s

- Scotty Newport 3 replacing the Scotty Delmar

- SM7 58d replacing the SM7 60D

Very pleased with all of my changes ;-)

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]