2019 Rocket Mortgage Classic

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the Monday qualifier at The Orchards Golf Club and it was a great experience. It’s interesting to watch those guys grind: 18 holes, 4 spots. Doc Redman shot a course record 62, and Austen Tr

The announcers were continually giving props to the city of Detroit and those who had anything to do making this tournament go well. Also, a great story book winner today in Nate Lashley. All in all i

Is this the week we find out what PMI means?  

> @CaymanS said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > I thought The Open Championship was this week, or was that last week?

> >

> > I honestly thought it was this week too. Lol

>

> C'mon guys! Two majors in the same month? Maybe you were hoping The Open Championship was this week.

I thought the first three happened Almost back to back. Not crazy to think the 4th would follow. It’s going to suck for the season to end in July this year. I mean. Makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw  

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

I think it's great that the PGA Tour and Quicken Loans are throwing a bone to the long-suffering Detroit area. I lived there 40 years ago and used to visit every year after I left. I saw continuous, non-stop economic degradation every year. It was brutal. The course will play 7,3XX yards, but seems quite easy (and flat) with the longest par 4 only 460 yards. The field is pretty decent. Should be an interesting show. Looking forward to it.

10.5* Ping G400 MAX

16.5* Titleist TS2

20* Titleist TS2

22* TM M2 Hybrid

5~U Ping G710

54* Ping Glide 3.0 WS

58* Ping Glide 3.0 EYE2

Scotty Fastback 2

> @PZero said:

> > @MattyO1984 said:

> > Looking at the field - middling at best, I think would be the way to describe it, it's a real eye opener that Bill Haas is only an alternate. I think everyone is aware that he hasn't been the player that he was but being an alternate for this field given the heights that he reached seems crazy.

>

> The field is very weak and I can't believe Bill didn't get in, but Smylie did. So many there that we had no clue who they were.

Smylie's priority status on the PGA Tour is above Haas due to his medical exemption status which places him in a higher priority category.

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2018/priority-ranking-2018-19-season.html

> @tommg said:

> I’ll be working the practice facility on Friday and Sunday, spectating on Saturday. Was out there this past Saturday, it looks great!

Where are they hitting balls out there? From what I remember the practice range was short (in the 200 yard range) and really narrow at the end. I remember the holes being packed in tight, and I am not sure which of the 18's I played. This was quite awhile back though.

• Driver - Epic Max LS
  • 4 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • Hybrid - Ping G400 17*
  • Irons - Srixon ZX4 4 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX5 5 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 (6-PW) on Recoil 110
  • Wedges - Cleveland 50* mid Zipcore, Callaway MD5 54*, Cleveland Zipcore 60* Mid all on Recoil 110
  • Putters -  Sunset Beach Ocracoke or Mannkrafted MA/66
  • Ball - TP5 or Srixon Z Star 

> @CaymanS said:

> I think it's great that the PGA Tour and Quicken Loans are throwing a bone to the long-suffering Detroit area. I lived there 40 years ago and used to visit every year after I left. I saw continuous, non-stop economic degradation every year. It was brutal. The course will play 7,3XX yards, but seems quite easy (and flat) with the longest par 4 only 460 yards. The field is pretty decent. Should be an interesting show. Looking forward to it.

7,3XX yards? I thought both courses out there were only in the 6800 range and it is pretty packed out there from what I remember, where did they find another 500 yards?

• Driver - Epic Max LS
  • 4 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • Hybrid - Ping G400 17*
  • Irons - Srixon ZX4 4 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX5 5 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 (6-PW) on Recoil 110
  • Wedges - Cleveland 50* mid Zipcore, Callaway MD5 54*, Cleveland Zipcore 60* Mid all on Recoil 110
  • Putters -  Sunset Beach Ocracoke or Mannkrafted MA/66
  • Ball - TP5 or Srixon Z Star 

> @flushem said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > Hurray, Hovland and Wolff have pictures this week.

> >

> > Yet, only Hovland is listed in the directory of players on the PGA Tour main site.

> >

> > bbpe29rclhq5.png

> >

>

> what are the odds Hovland & Wolff turn to Cameron Champ? nobody talks about him now.

not as much I think. Plus Champ has been injured for a few months now.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @flushem said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > > Hurray, Hovland and Wolff have pictures this week.

> > >

> > > Yet, only Hovland is listed in the directory of players on the PGA Tour main site.

> > >

> > > bbpe29rclhq5.png

> > >

> >

> > what are the odds Hovland & Wolff turn to Cameron Champ? nobody talks about him now.

>

> not as much I think. Plus Champ has been injured for a few months now.

Injured???? Still think Champ has one of the most beautiful swings ive ever seen.

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @flushem said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > > Hurray, Hovland and Wolff have pictures this week.

> > >

> > > Yet, only Hovland is listed in the directory of players on the PGA Tour main site.

> > >

> > > bbpe29rclhq5.png

> > >

> >

> > what are the odds Hovland & Wolff turn to Cameron Champ? nobody talks about him now.

>

> not as much I think. Plus Champ has been injured for a few months now.

Champ has still played quite a lot in 2019. His best finish was his first event at the limited field Tournament of Champions, the rest has been pretty much awful. His results in the 2018 part of 2018/2019 season are going to be crucial.

2019 = T11, T73, CUT, T67, T28, CUT, CUT, W/D, CUT, CUT, CUT, T54, T58, CUT, CUT

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @flushem said:

> > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > > > Hurray, Hovland and Wolff have pictures this week.

> > > >

> > > > Yet, only Hovland is listed in the directory of players on the PGA Tour main site.

> > > >

> > > > bbpe29rclhq5.png

> > > >

> > >

> > > what are the odds Hovland & Wolff turn to Cameron Champ? nobody talks about him now.

> >

> > not as much I think. Plus Champ has been injured for a few months now.

>

> Champ has still played quite a lot in 2019. His best finish was his first event at the limited field Tournament of Champions, the rest has been pretty much awful. His results in the 2018 part of 2018/2019 season are going to be crucial.

>

> 2019 = T11, T73, CUT, T67, T28, CUT, CUT, W/D, CUT, CUT, CUT, T54, T58, CUT, CUT

he will tee off in one hour. let's see.

• Like 1

> @flushem said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > > > > Hurray, Hovland and Wolff have pictures this week.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yet, only Hovland is listed in the directory of players on the PGA Tour main site.

> > > > >

> > > > > bbpe29rclhq5.png

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > what are the odds Hovland & Wolff turn to Cameron Champ? nobody talks about him now.

> > >

> > > not as much I think. Plus Champ has been injured for a few months now.

> >

> > Champ has still played quite a lot in 2019. His best finish was his first event at the limited field Tournament of Champions, the rest has been pretty much awful. His results in the 2018 part of 2018/2019 season are going to be crucial.

> >

> > 2019 = T11, T73, CUT, T67, T28, CUT, CUT, W/D, CUT, CUT, CUT, T54, T58, CUT, CUT

>

> he will tee off in one hour. let's see.

agreed.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

> @driveandputtmachine said:

> > @CaymanS said:

> > I think it's great that the PGA Tour and Quicken Loans are throwing a bone to the long-suffering Detroit area. I lived there 40 years ago and used to visit every year after I left. I saw continuous, non-stop economic degradation every year. It was brutal. The course will play 7,3XX yards, but seems quite easy (and flat) with the longest par 4 only 460 yards. The field is pretty decent. Should be an interesting show. Looking forward to it.

>

> 7,3XX yards? I thought both courses out there were only in the 6800 range and it is pretty packed out there from what I remember, where did they find another 500 yards?

I think the range was moved over to Palmer Park. The course is a combo of the South and North (primarily the north) and a few new tees were cut in.

> @King_Slender said:

> > @driveandputtmachine said:

> > > @CaymanS said:

> > > I think it's great that the PGA Tour and Quicken Loans are throwing a bone to the long-suffering Detroit area. I lived there 40 years ago and used to visit every year after I left. I saw continuous, non-stop economic degradation every year. It was brutal. The course will play 7,3XX yards, but seems quite easy (and flat) with the longest par 4 only 460 yards. The field is pretty decent. Should be an interesting show. Looking forward to it.

> >

> > 7,3XX yards? I thought both courses out there were only in the 6800 range and it is pretty packed out there from what I remember, where did they find another 500 yards?

>

> I think the range was moved over to Palmer Park. The course is a combo of the South and North (primarily the north) and a few new tees were cut in.

17 holes from North and 1 hole from South. Or vice versa.

> @"Wander Bread" said:

> This course is wayyy too easy.

Seriously. Already -9 on the first day lol Gonna be another -20 sunday posting.

but when you have a legitimately hard course setup like the API @ Bay Hill with high scores, people still complain. There's no winning.

Epic Max LS + Tensei CK Pro Blue / TS2 3W + Diamana BF / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas +  KBS CT Tour

> @King_Slender said:

> > > @CaymanS said:

> > > I think it's great that the PGA Tour and Quicken Loans are throwing a bone to the long-suffering Detroit area. I lived there 40 years ago and used to visit every year after I left. I saw continuous, non-stop economic degradation every year. It was brutal. The course will play 7,3XX yards, but seems quite easy (and flat) with the longest par 4 only 460 yards. The field is pretty decent. Should be an interesting show. Looking forward to it.

> >

> > 7,3XX yards? I thought both courses out there were only in the 6800 range and it is pretty packed out there from what I remember, where did they find another 500 yards?

>

> I think the range was moved over to Palmer Park. The course is a combo of the South and North (primarily the north) and a few new tees were cut in.

Radio said there are a few tees that you actually tee off on the north course and shoot towards a south course green to make it longer. well they used the word tougher, but the players are proving that to be false.

> @flushem said:

> > @King_Slender said:

> > > @driveandputtmachine said:

> > > > @CaymanS said:

> > > > I think it's great that the PGA Tour and Quicken Loans are throwing a bone to the long-suffering Detroit area. I lived there 40 years ago and used to visit every year after I left. I saw continuous, non-stop economic degradation every year. It was brutal. The course will play 7,3XX yards, but seems quite easy (and flat) with the longest par 4 only 460 yards. The field is pretty decent. Should be an interesting show. Looking forward to it.

> > >

> > > 7,3XX yards? I thought both courses out there were only in the 6800 range and it is pretty packed out there from what I remember, where did they find another 500 yards?

> >

> > I think the range was moved over to Palmer Park. The course is a combo of the South and North (primarily the north) and a few new tees were cut in.

>

> 17 holes from North and 1 hole from South. Or vice versa.

Most from the North

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> > @"Wander Bread" said:

> > This course is wayyy too easy.

>

> Seriously. Already -9 on the first day lol Gonna be another -20 sunday posting.

>

> but when you have a legitimately hard course setup like the API @ Bay Hill with high scores, people still complain. There's no winning.

What would the score at the US Open have been if they hadn't artificially turned #2 into a Par 4? -17.

> @King_Slender said:

> > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > @"Wander Bread" said:

> > > This course is wayyy too easy.

> >

> > Seriously. Already -9 on the first day lol Gonna be another -20 sunday posting.

> >

> > but when you have a legitimately hard course setup like the API @ Bay Hill with high scores, people still complain. There's no winning.

>

> What would the score at the US Open have been if they hadn't artificially turned #2 into a Par 4? -17.

Rare entire week where the wind never really kicked up and the greens stayed receptive.

> @King_Slender said:

> > > @CaymanS said:

> >

>

They are using the South Course for the range.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/rocket-mortgage-brings-week-unknown-tour-players-detroit-golf-club

_The crisscross layout, following the routing of the North Course while stepping over the South that this week is hosting the driving range and fan zone instead of actual golf shots, is one that they’ll have to learn on the fly._