2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Is Rickie Fowler the most overrated player on tour?

tsecor

> @pheenomz4774 said:

> > @sekrah said:

> > > @jjmurry said:

> > > The mere fact that this thread exists in the golfwrx universe means that Rickie will win the Open next month, right? Don't mind me while I'm off wagering my life savings.

> >

> > A lot of people have gone dead broke betting on Rickie.

> >

> > Rickie is 14th in OWGR. He belongs in the 25 to 30-1 group of golfers with guys like Matsuyama, Scott but is always bet down to 12-18 like a 5th-8th ranked because of his popularity.

> >

>

> Yeah but before this years Masters he was somewhere around 8th ranked in the world. 5-15 range in the OWGR is very volatile. All these players are so close together. 16 weeks ago, DeChambeau Rahm and Rickie were in the top 10, with Rory on the outside looking in. I wouldn't pay so close attention to the OWGR in relation to how they are handicapping the betting odds for anybody but Tiger.

I plot my own adjusted SG stats on yearly graphs and highlighting how well a player putted that week. Rickie has had basically one ball striking round capable of winning a tournament without white-hot putting in the past two seasons.. his 2018 Masters effort.

He honestly shouldn't be any less than 20-1 in this Detroit event this weekend, and Rickie is half that at 10-1. It's crazy how he's bet.

> @tsecor said:

> > @JaNelson38 said: "in an era where the Tour is undoubtedly the toughest and deepest its ever been. "

>

>

> Very debatable. Some would say its not even close to the best its ever been

>

>

Not even close to debatable and the only ones who think it's debatable have basements full of vinyl.

> @sekrah said:

> > @pheenomz4774 said:

> > > @sekrah said:

> > > > @jjmurry said:

> > > > The mere fact that this thread exists in the golfwrx universe means that Rickie will win the Open next month, right? Don't mind me while I'm off wagering my life savings.

> > >

> > > A lot of people have gone dead broke betting on Rickie.

> > >

> > > Rickie is 14th in OWGR. He belongs in the 25 to 30-1 group of golfers with guys like Matsuyama, Scott but is always bet down to 12-18 like a 5th-8th ranked because of his popularity.

> > >

> >

> > Yeah but before this years Masters he was somewhere around 8th ranked in the world. 5-15 range in the OWGR is very volatile. All these players are so close together. 16 weeks ago, DeChambeau Rahm and Rickie were in the top 10, with Rory on the outside looking in. I wouldn't pay so close attention to the OWGR in relation to how they are handicapping the betting odds for anybody but Tiger.

>

>

> I plot my own adjusted SG stats on yearly graphs and highlighting how well a player putted that week. Rickie has had basically one ball striking round capable of winning a tournament without white-hot putting in the past two seasons.. his 2018 Masters effort.

>

> He honestly shouldn't be any less than 20-1 in this Detroit event this weekend, and Rickie is half that at 10-1. It's crazy how he's bet.

>

>

I agree. The math is pretty simple on this 231 career PGA tour events with 5 wins. He wins once around every 46 starts. So since this isn't a high profile field maybe his odds shouldn't be 46/1 but maybe closer to 30/1.

This is not a small sample size either. This is who he is over a decade long career. Sure he could improve and start winning more but as of now this is the data we have to go on.

Big difference between being overrated as a player

and being extremely popular, well-liked, and a marketer's dream. Rickie is not overrated.

Rickie is popular for a many reasons, all of them good IMO. He's an excellent player with a great record in majors despite not winning one (yet) and his Players win was one for the ages. Love it or hate it, he's always had a unique style (both golf swing and fashion) that resonates strongly with consumers, especially junior golf kids. For years now if you were to attend the US Kid's World Championships you'd see hundreds of little Rickie Fowler lookalikes strolling the fairways. He's well mannered and respectful of the game, its fans, and his fellow competitors...much in the style of Arnold Palmer.

As such, as long as he remains relevant,

he'll continue to receive lucrative endorsement deals and ubiquitous television exposure. He obviously represents value and effectiveness to the commercial entities signing him to these deals. I think there's a lot of jealousy toward him because of his tremendous success off the course.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

"only sith deal in absolutes"

Scoring average in 2007 was lower than in 2016. Major equipment changes are the single largest contributor to scoring improvements since 1960, but even that has evened out. More guys win a single event nowadays but then fade away whereas guys in the past won more times on average. As you can see from this thread, the topic is extremely debatable. Especially since only 29 tour players have an average score of under 70. That is 14% of the top 200 players on tour.

[https://golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016](https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016 "https://golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016")> @sekrah said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > > @JaNelson38 said: "in an era where the Tour is undoubtedly the toughest and deepest its ever been. "

> >

> >

> > Very debatable. Some would say its not even close to the best its ever been

> >

> >

>

> Not even close to debatable and the only ones who think it's debatable have basements full of vinyl.

>

> @Cincy_Ken said:

> > @sekrah said:

> > > @pheenomz4774 said:

> > > > @sekrah said:

> > > > > @jjmurry said:

> > > > > The mere fact that this thread exists in the golfwrx universe means that Rickie will win the Open next month, right? Don't mind me while I'm off wagering my life savings.

> > > >

> > > > A lot of people have gone dead broke betting on Rickie.

> > > >

> > > > Rickie is 14th in OWGR. He belongs in the 25 to 30-1 group of golfers with guys like Matsuyama, Scott but is always bet down to 12-18 like a 5th-8th ranked because of his popularity.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah but before this years Masters he was somewhere around 8th ranked in the world. 5-15 range in the OWGR is very volatile. All these players are so close together. 16 weeks ago, DeChambeau Rahm and Rickie were in the top 10, with Rory on the outside looking in. I wouldn't pay so close attention to the OWGR in relation to how they are handicapping the betting odds for anybody but Tiger.

> >

> >

> > I plot my own adjusted SG stats on yearly graphs and highlighting how well a player putted that week. Rickie has had basically one ball striking round capable of winning a tournament without white-hot putting in the past two seasons.. his 2018 Masters effort.

> >

> > He honestly shouldn't be any less than 20-1 in this Detroit event this weekend, and Rickie is half that at 10-1. It's crazy how he's bet.

> >

> >

>

> I agree. The math is pretty simple on this 231 career PGA tour events with 5 wins. He wins once around every 46 starts. So since this isn't a high profile field maybe his odds shouldn't be 46/1 but maybe closer to 30/1.

>

> This is not a small sample size either. This is who he is over a decade long career. Sure he could improve and start winning more but as of now this is the data we have to go on.

He did get better. Since 2015 (his age 26 season), he's won the Players, 3 more regular PGA Tour events with high quality fields, and a couple of "A" Euro Tour events (ie better than many PGA Tour events).

He wasn't a prolific winner in his early 20s, but at an age when most guys are still in college and on the feeder tours, Rickie was playing in majors and making Ryder Cup teams - not sure why people hold this against him.

If you mean over rated in terms of his game then no. We know exactly what to expect from him. He will play well, maybe even contend, but after four rounds he will either fade to the middle of the pack or fall just short. Occasionally he will break through for a win. Maybe those breakthroughs will come more often in the future. His many fans hope so.

he is one of the games greats, 2 wins this year and all top 10's..having a great great season.....HOF'er > @dalehead said:

> Rory was at one time the best player in the world and looked on track to be one of the games greats. Any criticism of him centers around the fact that his performance of the last few years hasn't lived up to that early promise.

> @cdnglf said:

> > @Cincy_Ken said:

> > > @sekrah said:

> > > > @pheenomz4774 said:

> > > > > @sekrah said:

> > > > > > @jjmurry said:

> > > > > > The mere fact that this thread exists in the golfwrx universe means that Rickie will win the Open next month, right? Don't mind me while I'm off wagering my life savings.

> > > > >

> > > > > A lot of people have gone dead broke betting on Rickie.

> > > > >

> > > > > Rickie is 14th in OWGR. He belongs in the 25 to 30-1 group of golfers with guys like Matsuyama, Scott but is always bet down to 12-18 like a 5th-8th ranked because of his popularity.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yeah but before this years Masters he was somewhere around 8th ranked in the world. 5-15 range in the OWGR is very volatile. All these players are so close together. 16 weeks ago, DeChambeau Rahm and Rickie were in the top 10, with Rory on the outside looking in. I wouldn't pay so close attention to the OWGR in relation to how they are handicapping the betting odds for anybody but Tiger.

> > >

> > >

> > > I plot my own adjusted SG stats on yearly graphs and highlighting how well a player putted that week. Rickie has had basically one ball striking round capable of winning a tournament without white-hot putting in the past two seasons.. his 2018 Masters effort.

> > >

> > > He honestly shouldn't be any less than 20-1 in this Detroit event this weekend, and Rickie is half that at 10-1. It's crazy how he's bet.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I agree. The math is pretty simple on this 231 career PGA tour events with 5 wins. He wins once around every 46 starts. So since this isn't a high profile field maybe his odds shouldn't be 46/1 but maybe closer to 30/1.

> >

> > This is not a small sample size either. This is who he is over a decade long career. Sure he could improve and start winning more but as of now this is the data we have to go on.

>

> He did get better. Since 2015 (his age 26 season), he's won the Players, 3 more regular PGA Tour events with high quality fields, and a couple of "A" Euro Tour events (ie better than many PGA Tour events).

>

> He wasn't a prolific winner in his early 20s, but at an age when most guys are still in college and on the feeder tours, Rickie was playing in majors and making Ryder Cup teams - not sure why people hold this against him.

If you arbitrarily go back to his career year where he had his only multiple win tour season along with the Scottish Open win yes his numbers look better. Shrink the sample size to the last four seasons and he goes back to being a win once every year on tour guy plus the Abu Dhabi win which is a tour-level field. I look at his resume and I see 2015 (+ the Jan 2016 Abu Dhabi) as a career year. I don't think he's improved. I think he is what he is.

That is exactly the argument about field strength. Over the past 60+ years ago, the number of carpenters and plumbers in the field have been replaced by fully capable of professional golfers. Plop Chez Reavie back into 1960 and he'd be a Hall of Famer with 30 wins and 5 majors and old guys telling us how brilliant he was.

> @tsecor said:

> "only sith deal in absolutes"

>

> Scoring average in 2007 was lower than in 2016. Major equipment changes are the single largest contributor to scoring improvements since 1960, but even that has evened out. **More guys win a single event nowadays but then fade away whereas guys in the past won more times on average.** As you can see from this thread, the topic is extremely debatable. Especially since only 29 tour players have an average score of under 70. That is 14% of the top 200 players on tour.

>

> [https://golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016](https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016 "https://golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016")> @sekrah said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > > @JaNelson38 said: "in an era where the Tour is undoubtedly the toughest and deepest its ever been. "

> > >

> > >

> > > Very debatable. Some would say its not even close to the best its ever been

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Not even close to debatable and the only ones who think it's debatable have basements full of vinyl.

> >

>

>

agree......and pop tons of guys into this era with the equipment improvements and you never hear of guys like Chez Reavie and 90% of the current fields....but we drift.....the debate of era's can never be anything more in any sport....its just opinions> @sekrah said:

> That is exactly the argument about field strength. Over the past 60+ years ago, the number of carpenters and plumbers in the field have been replaced by fully capable of professional golfers. Plop Chez Reavie back into 1960 and he'd be a Hall of Famer with old guys telling us how brilliant he was.

>

> > @tsecor said:

> > "only sith deal in absolutes"

> >

> > Scoring average in 2007 was lower than in 2016. Major equipment changes are the single largest contributor to scoring improvements since 1960, but even that has evened out. **More guys win a single event nowadays but then fade away whereas guys in the past won more times on average.** As you can see from this thread, the topic is extremely debatable. Especially since only 29 tour players have an average score of under 70. That is 14% of the top 200 players on tour.

> >

> > [https://golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016](https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016 "https://golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016")> @sekrah said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > @JaNelson38 said: "in an era where the Tour is undoubtedly the toughest and deepest its ever been. "

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Very debatable. Some would say its not even close to the best its ever been

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Not even close to debatable and the only ones who think it's debatable have basements full of vinyl.

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

Overrated based on his OWGR? NO. The OWGR is what it is, based on your finishes against others finishes and strength of field. You think his OWGR is too low(or high depending upon how you look at it)? Go and talk to the folks or person that developed it he is rated right where his points says he should be. He makes Ryder Cup and President Cup teams, which means he is one of the 10 best American golfers in those years. Don't like how they weigh the points that determines the ranking? Too bad, go and complain to whoever devised that. Is he rated too high(or low) on the FedEx Cup points list, well you see the trend, go and complain to them.

Now that is over.....Do you mean overrated by announcers? If so, maybe, maybe not. Golf is a crap shoot. Sure Tiger had a high win percentage and a few others back awhile ago, but it is just not golf today. Announcers talk about whoever will drive ratings and prop them up. They still talk about Jordan all the time and he hasn't won in about two years now. Phil wins once a year or so and gets talked about, Tiger won the T Championship last year and the Masters this year. Phil can move the needle, Tiger drives the needle. The announcers job is to get people to stay on the channel when they are flipping through, they will say some wacky stuff. In the middle of that wacky stuff will be talking about marketable stuff. This is why Koepka was not the talk of the town after his first two Major wins.

Do you mean he is on TV a lot and construe that to mean he is overrated by companies that pay him to be a sponsor? Ummmm, TV commercials are about marketing. Sell this, sell that, get people looking to possibly buy from us. That is all, sure they want someone who wins to rep their crap, but in the end is the person marketable? That is why you have a pile of really good looking girls on instagram that get paid to go to this resort, or that resort, or that city, or wear these clothes. They are marketable because men will look, and lets be honest here, so will a bunch of women. Marketability has some do do with performance(or perceived rating), but it is not the end all be all.

Add his good looks, being bizzaro Patrick Reed, love for the Nicklaus family and Palmer family, pretty much always doing the right thing, and his humor together and you get a guy that is extremely marketable. Golf is no longer about people watching and pulling against or for Hogan/Palmer/Nicklaus/Woods, that is an old mindset. Golf to grow has to get kids involved, has to be flashy/likable/relatable to the younger generation to survive.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Lmao... Whatever you have to tell yourself as you ride off into the sunset.

Raymond Floyd wouldn't have 10 wins if he were born 40 years later.

> @tsecor said:

> agree......and pop tons of guys into this era with the equipment improvements and you never hear of guys like Chez Reavie and 90% of the current fields....but we drift.....the debate of era's can never be anything more in any sport....its just opinions> @sekrah said:

> > That is exactly the argument about field strength. Over the past 60+ years ago, the number of carpenters and plumbers in the field have been replaced by fully capable of professional golfers. Plop Chez Reavie back into 1960 and he'd be a Hall of Famer with old guys telling us how brilliant he was.

> >

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > "only sith deal in absolutes"

> > >

> > > Scoring average in 2007 was lower than in 2016. Major equipment changes are the single largest contributor to scoring improvements since 1960, but even that has evened out. **More guys win a single event nowadays but then fade away whereas guys in the past won more times on average.** As you can see from this thread, the topic is extremely debatable. Especially since only 29 tour players have an average score of under 70. That is 14% of the top 200 players on tour.

> > >

> > > [https://golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016](https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016 "https://golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016")> @sekrah said:

> > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > > @JaNelson38 said: "in an era where the Tour is undoubtedly the toughest and deepest its ever been. "

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Very debatable. Some would say its not even close to the best its ever been

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Not even close to debatable and the only ones who think it's debatable have basements full of vinyl.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

whatever makes you feel better......lets keep it on point though. > @sekrah said:

> Lmao... Whatever you have to tell yourself as you ride off into the sunset.

>

> Raymond Floyd wouldn't have 10 wins if he were born 40 years later.

>

>

> > @tsecor said:

> > agree......and pop tons of guys into this era with the equipment improvements and you never hear of guys like Chez Reavie and 90% of the current fields....but we drift.....the debate of era's can never be anything more in any sport....its just opinions> @sekrah said:

> > > That is exactly the argument about field strength. Over the past 60+ years ago, the number of carpenters and plumbers in the field have been replaced by fully capable of professional golfers. Plop Chez Reavie back into 1960 and he'd be a Hall of Famer with old guys telling us how brilliant he was.

> > >

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > "only sith deal in absolutes"

> > > >

> > > > Scoring average in 2007 was lower than in 2016. Major equipment changes are the single largest contributor to scoring improvements since 1960, but even that has evened out. **More guys win a single event nowadays but then fade away whereas guys in the past won more times on average.** As you can see from this thread, the topic is extremely debatable. Especially since only 29 tour players have an average score of under 70. That is 14% of the top 200 players on tour.

> > > >

> > > > [https://golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016](https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016 "https://golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-scoring-average-2007-to-2016")> @sekrah said:

> > > > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > > > > @JaNelson38 said: "in an era where the Tour is undoubtedly the toughest and deepest its ever been. "

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Very debatable. Some would say its not even close to the best its ever been

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Not even close to debatable and the only ones who think it's debatable have basements full of vinyl.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

> @Cincy_Ken said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @Cincy_Ken said:

> > > > @sekrah said:

> > > > > @pheenomz4774 said:

> > > > > > @sekrah said:

> > > > > > > @jjmurry said:

> > > > > > > The mere fact that this thread exists in the golfwrx universe means that Rickie will win the Open next month, right? Don't mind me while I'm off wagering my life savings.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A lot of people have gone dead broke betting on Rickie.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Rickie is 14th in OWGR. He belongs in the 25 to 30-1 group of golfers with guys like Matsuyama, Scott but is always bet down to 12-18 like a 5th-8th ranked because of his popularity.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah but before this years Masters he was somewhere around 8th ranked in the world. 5-15 range in the OWGR is very volatile. All these players are so close together. 16 weeks ago, DeChambeau Rahm and Rickie were in the top 10, with Rory on the outside looking in. I wouldn't pay so close attention to the OWGR in relation to how they are handicapping the betting odds for anybody but Tiger.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I plot my own adjusted SG stats on yearly graphs and highlighting how well a player putted that week. Rickie has had basically one ball striking round capable of winning a tournament without white-hot putting in the past two seasons.. his 2018 Masters effort.

> > > >

> > > > He honestly shouldn't be any less than 20-1 in this Detroit event this weekend, and Rickie is half that at 10-1. It's crazy how he's bet.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I agree. The math is pretty simple on this 231 career PGA tour events with 5 wins. He wins once around every 46 starts. So since this isn't a high profile field maybe his odds shouldn't be 46/1 but maybe closer to 30/1.

> > >

> > > This is not a small sample size either. This is who he is over a decade long career. Sure he could improve and start winning more but as of now this is the data we have to go on.

> >

> > He did get better. Since 2015 (his age 26 season), he's won the Players, 3 more regular PGA Tour events with high quality fields, and a couple of "A" Euro Tour events (ie better than many PGA Tour events).

> >

> > He wasn't a prolific winner in his early 20s, but at an age when most guys are still in college and on the feeder tours, Rickie was playing in majors and making Ryder Cup teams - not sure why people hold this against him.

>

> If you arbitrarily go back to his career year where he had his only multiple win tour season along with the Scottish Open win yes his numbers look better. Shrink the sample size to the last four seasons and he goes back to being a win once every year on tour guy plus the Abu Dhabi win which is a tour-level field. I look at his resume and I see 2015 (+ the Jan 2016 Abu Dhabi) as a career year. I don't think he's improved. I think he is what he is.

He was ranked mostly in the 30s until late 2014 and since then has mostly been in the top 10. Obviously he has improved.

> @tsecor said:

> > @JaNelson38 said: "in an era where the Tour is undoubtedly the toughest and deepest its ever been. "

>

>

> Very debatable. Some would say its not even close to the best its ever been

>

>

There's over 100 guys every week on Tour who are capable of winning. Perhaps more. That wasnt the case a couple of decades ago. The Web.com (OK, the Korn Ferry Tour) has PGA Tour winners in their events pretty much on a weekly basis. The talent pool from top to bottom is the deepest this Tour has ever seen, due largely to the youth who became serious about golfing during the Tiger era.

Anyone who's racked up double digit professional wins in this generation of golf (or close to it in the case of Fowler) has had a hell of a career, majors or not.

"capable of winning'?? everyone who is a pro fits that category. But once again, that is a thread of its own. Regardless of what you think, its all speculation and opinion..or debate....all good discussions, but its definitely its own topic. > @JaNelson38 said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > > @JaNelson38 said: "in an era where the Tour is undoubtedly the toughest and deepest its ever been. "

> >

> >

> > Very debatable. Some would say its not even close to the best its ever been

> >

> >

>

> There's over 100 guys every week on Tour who are capable of winning. Perhaps more. That wasnt the case a couple of decades ago. The Web.com (OK, the Korn Ferry Tour) has PGA Tour winners in their events pretty much on a weekly basis. The talent pool from top to bottom is the deepest this Tour has ever seen, due largely to the youth who became serious about golfing during the Tiger era.

>

> Anyone who's racked up double digit professional wins in this generation of golf (or close to it in the case of Fowler) has had a **** of a career, majors or not.

> @tsecor said:

> he is one of the games greats, 2 wins this year and all top 10's..having a great great season.....HOF'er > @dalehead said:

> > Rory was at one time the best player in the world and looked on track to be one of the games greats. Any criticism of him centers around the fact that his performance of the last few years hasn't lived up to that early promise.

>

>

Rickie is like 4 day old cooked chicken in the fridge - a gamble.

7vnquggycpbf.png

hn5jjy6ahjto.png

that chicken looks good> @Ferguson said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > he is one of the games greats, 2 wins this year and all top 10's..having a great great season.....HOF'er > @dalehead said:

> > > Rory was at one time the best player in the world and looked on track to be one of the games greats. Any criticism of him centers around the fact that his performance of the last few years hasn't lived up to that early promise.

> >

> >

>

> Rickie is like 4 day old cooked chicken in the fridge - a gamble.

>

> 7vnquggycpbf.png

>

> hn5jjy6ahjto.png

>

>

>

>

>

>

Corey Pavin has 15

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/the-20-win-career-on-the-pga-tour-could-be-rarer-than-ever-as-it-gets-harder-to-win

_Ten wins.

It doesn't sound like much, not compared with 79 wins by Tiger Woods, or Sam Snead's record of 82. Not even compared with 20 wins by Davis Love III.

"The global game makes it harder to win," Watson said after winning the HSBC Champions. "Ten wins for me personally, and any young player, that's the first goal. Because that number 10, we don't talk about it enough. Everybody in the field is so talented."

There was a time when 10 victories was good, but not even close to great.

The PGA Tour awards a lifetime exemption for 20 wins. Four active players on the PGA Tour have at least 20 victories — Woods, Phil Mickelson (42), Vijay Singh (34) and Love. But there are 33 others from previous eras who are in the 20-win club_.

> @aliikane said:

> Only 9 career wins? Lol. 9 wins is a incredible career especially when he has had chances to win a lot more.