Jump to content

the DDF Irish Open at Lahinch GC


Recommended Posts

I have a feeling a win must be round the corner for Mike Lorenzo-Vera. Tough ask to get your first ET win against this field though.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Links golf on TV!! Best three weeks of golf coverage there is. Looking forward to it!

> @MattyO1984 said: > Links golf on TV!! Best three weeks of golf coverage there is. Looking forward to it!   100% agree. This is the time of year I wonder if my family would care if I moved

So looking forward to this, worth getting up early to watch from Texas.   3 great weeks of golf on TV, makes me have no real interest on the PGA Tour this week.

I turned on the coverage briefly this morning.

 

It was sunny and it looked like very little wind. The fans were mostly in shorts.

Cobra RAD Speed 9* : Ventus Blue 6-S

Cobra RAD Speed 3W : Graphite Design AD TP8-S

Cobra ForgedTec 3-iron : Ventus Blue HB 8-S

Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S

Cleveland RTX3 50, 54: Nippon 115-S Wedge

Cobra MIM Black 58 : Nippon 125-S Wedge

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

Link to post
Share on other sites

looking good on the TV to me.

 

Keep in mind May in Britain was colder and wetter than the norm so conditions like last year have no chance to happen this year.

  • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 18* UDI Project X 6.5
  • Ping Blueprint 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
Link to post
Share on other sites

> @OldTomMorris said:

> My feelings on blind shots (blame Old Tom) aside I think the course looks fantastic and something I'd definitely love to play.

 

To me, blind shots are dictated by the lay of the land, and are not necessarily designed into a course intentionally. I personally really dislike blind shots for several reasons :

1) Too easy to hit into people for obvious reasons.

2) Slows down play.

3) Makes the hole too difficult (subjective)

Link to post
Share on other sites

very entertaining the Euro boys are


Ping G400 Max Fuji Ventus Red 6x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x 

Cally Apex '16 3h 20* KK Silver 80x

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* KK Silver 80x

Srixon ZX7 5i  AD DI di 95x 

Srixon ZX7 6 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120s
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD M 56* & 60*, SM2 64.07

Scotty GoLo 7
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @buckeye440 said:

> Watch for 20 mins today without seeing any goats, pretty disappointed.

 

 

They were removed from the property for the tournament. Too bad.

https://golfweek.com/2019/07/02/shackelford-q-a-with-paul-mcginley-host-of-the-dubai-duty-free-irish-open/

 

Last thing, will the famous goats roaming the property be present during the tournament?

 

“Unfortunately not. With twenty 25,000 people a day out there and hopefully sellout crowds, their safety would be in question. It would have been nice to have them and we inquired about that, even maybe corralling them just to have them there, but the animal rights groups said no, let’s not go there with the crowds. Because if something were to happen it would be a travesty.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > My feelings on blind shots (blame Old Tom) aside I think the course looks fantastic and something I'd definitely love to play.

>

> To me, blind shots are dictated by the lay of the land, and are not necessarily designed into a course intentionally. I personally really dislike blind shots for several reasons :

> 1) Too easy to hit into people for obvious reasons.

> 2) Slows down play.

> 3) Makes the hole too difficult (subjective)

 

One of my local courses has a blind shot on nearly every hole. I hate it and don't play there often because it's too easy to lose golf balls.

 

Good to see Padraig Harrington on top of the leaderboard. I hope he can put together a win.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting that people would want to see a links browner and playing firmer than it seems to be at the moment but whether or not that happens is completely out of the control of the greenkeepers. If the weather in Ireland has been anything like it has in Scotland then the difference between courses this year compared to last year is all but night and day. My home course has gone from playing the shortest I could ever remember playing it last year to the longest this year. The change is crazy.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

 

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eddie Pepperell now tied for the lead, in the coverage yesterday he appeared to be moving very gently like he was protecting his back.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]
Link to post
Share on other sites

> @MattyO1984 said:

> I am getting that people would want to see a links browner and playing firmer than it seems to be at the moment but whether or not that happens is completely out of the control of the greenkeepers. If the weather in Ireland has been anything like it has in Scotland then the difference between courses this year compared to last year is all but night and day. My home course has gone from playing the shortest I could ever remember playing it last year to the longest this year. The change is crazy.

 

True, virtually no rain last year whereas this year there has been quite a lot.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just fascinating how the weather is almost completely different today. Different test for the pros.

In terms of aesthetically pleasing, text-book and fluid swings, i think my fellow South Africans are only just behind the South Korean women. Have a look at Louis, Zander, Jaco Van Zyl, Van Rooyen, Porteous and Stone swings. Jeeeez

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @jvincent said:

> I turned on the coverage briefly this morning.

>

> It was sunny and it looked like very little wind. The fans were mostly in shorts.

 

> @grm24 said:

> > @buckeye440 said:

> > Watch for 20 mins today without seeing any goats, pretty disappointed.

>

>

> They were removed from the property for the tournament. Too bad.

> https://golfweek.com/2019/07/02/shackelford-q-a-with-paul-mcginley-host-of-the-dubai-duty-free-irish-open/

>

> Last thing, will the famous goats roaming the property be present during the tournament?

>

> “Unfortunately not. With twenty 25,000 people a day out there and hopefully sellout crowds, their safety would be in question. It would have been nice to have them and we inquired about that, even maybe corralling them just to have them there, but the animal rights groups said no, let’s not go there with the crowds. Because if something were to happen it would be a travesty.”

 

Goat can be quite aggressive, and they've VERY strong for their size. You have to know how to be around them to get along with them. I wouldn't want 25,000 people not used to goats turned loose around a herd of them either--bad recipe!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

> @OldTomMorris said:

> Eddie Pepperell now tied for the lead, in the coverage yesterday he appeared to be moving very gently like he was protecting his back.

 

He's been struggling with his back since last fall. Had to pull out of a few tournaments along the way and has taken some time off. Nice to see him back on form, though yes, moving gingerly.

 

Nice to see Harrington playing well too. He won at Adare in '07 which was kind of the kick off for his big 18 months. Caught most all of his round yesterday and he was swinging free and easy. Hope he keeps it up for another few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @MattyO1984 said:

> > I am getting that people would want to see a links browner and playing firmer than it seems to be at the moment but whether or not that happens is completely out of the control of the greenkeepers. If the weather in Ireland has been anything like it has in Scotland then the difference between courses this year compared to last year is all but night and day. My home course has gone from playing the shortest I could ever remember playing it last year to the longest this year. The change is crazy.

>

> True, virtually no rain last year whereas this year there has been quite a lot.

 

It's been horrendous...I am blaming my poor golf on simply not being able to get out there as much as I would like.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

 

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @buckeyefl said:

> Why do they bring Rich L. and his overdramatic/ vague references/ annoying nonstop announcing to these events? Make that any event. I swear hes been the only one talking for the last 10 minutes. Use the Euro tour announcers.

 

Well, he used the word "peripatetic" in describing the Euro Tour, so he has that going for him.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
      Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 115 replies
    • 2021 Wells Fargo - Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       

       
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #1
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #2
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #3
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #4
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #5
       
      2021 Wells Fargo - Wednesday #1
      2021 Wells Fargo - Wednesday #2
       
       

       
       
       

       
      Bettinardi putters & covers - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
      New Ping Glide Forged Pro wedge - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Behind the scenes on the PXG truck - 2021 Wells Fargo
      PXG Gen 4 0311 T & 0311 ST irons - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Jason Day testing a SIK putter with LA Golf shaft - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Scotty Cameron T2 putter - 2021 Wells Fargo
      KH Lee's Odyssey putter - - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Patrick Cantlay's Cameron T-5 - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Rory has the TM "Rors" protos in the bag - 2021 Wells Fargo
       
       
        • Like
      • 15 replies
    • 2021 Valspar Championship - discussion and links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #8
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #9
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #10
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #11
       
       
       
       
       
       
       

       
      Bettinardi putters - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Axis 1 Proto - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Jimmy Walker "testing" a LA Golf proto putter - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Scotty Cameron putter - 2021 Valspar Championship
       
      • 17 replies
    • Post in Ping 2021 Irons
      Victor has i59 in the bag this week!
        • Thanks
        • Like
    • 2021 RBC Heritage - discussions and links
      Please post any questions and comments here.
       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       

       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       
       

       
      Custom Cameron putters - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Bettinardi putter - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Robert Streb's custom stamped Vokey wedge - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Ben An's custom stamped Vokey - 2021 RBC Heritage
      • 17 replies

×
×
  • Create New...