2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Diamana ZF

autronicdsm

Swapped my AV Raw White 65TX for Diamana ZF 60TX tipped .5" and will not be looking back. Love the feel of the club compared to the Raw. Can feel the load and release much more substantially, launches the ball higher, and easier to swing then the Raw. Super happy with the switch. 

• Like 4

Titleist TSI3 Fuji Ventus Blue TR 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x 

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

When the ZF was introduced I couldn't wait to get one because I'd always wanted a Whiteboard performing shaft with a Blueboard feel. I ordered a 60TX and paired it a 2016 M2 and hit the range and course. It performed as advertised and I was satisfied with this setup but it couldn't outperform the Ventus Black 6X. Notice I didn't say it felt better.

While the gains with the VB were marginal, I went with the best performer and stuck with it for a year and a half. A few months later I traded a guy for a ZF 80TX because I had a college player who wanted one for his SIM 3WD. I glued the TM adapter to it and sat it in the drying rack where it sat for about a year.

Earlier this year I changed 3 woods for the first time since 2007 and went with an Exotics CBX-119 and the Ventus Red 8X. It was a really solid combo but the CBX-119 was a little too low spin for me so I grabbed an old OG 15* V-Steel and put the VR in it. I hit it as solid as I've ever hit a 3WD but it's realistically 12 yards or more shorter than the modern heads. So I went on a search for the best 3WD for me and hit every major brand. I finally narrowed it down to the TSi3 and the SIM2 Ti. I finally settled on the SIM2 although there wasn't much difference between them.

Around this time I cratered the face on my M2. I didn't have time to test out new heads so I grabbed my old JDM SLDR 430 TP and again paired it with the VB. I was searching through one of my golf piles looking for another club and spotted an X-17 that I'd forgotten I had. I glued a TM tip on it and after 20 balls on Trackman the Ventus was booted. So this got me to thinking about the aforementioned ZF 80TX and trying it in the new SIM2.

So this morning, I was able to go and hit the SIM2 with VR 8X against the ZF 80TX. Both are tipped .5 inch and play @ 42" OAL and D5. After warming up I hit 20 shots each beginning with the Ventus Red.

All 20 shots off the deck and with the Ventus I avg:

104.2 SS,

150.4 BS,

15.5 launch,

3722 Spin,

255 carry,

268 OAL.

Vertical dispersion 37 ft.

Lateral dispersion 54 ft.

Very serviceable for me and perfectly content to throw this in the bag.

With the ZF it was apparent after the 3rd shot that I was going to make a change but waited to evaluate the data to make sure it was the right thing to do. The feel (just like an OG Whiteboard to me) was noticeably better and the ball flight was not only in the mid-high window I prefer but as soon as I could pick the ball up with my eyes, it tracked like a radar guided missile to the target.

105.7 SS,

154.32 BS,

15.1 launch,

3588 spin,

261 carry,

273 OAL.

Vertical dispersion 33 ft

Lateral dispersion 55 ft.

The ZF is a winner for me and if you are a fan of the feel and performance of the old Whiteboard with a little better/softer feel in your hands, it's worth giving it a test run.

• Like 3

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

On 10/14/2021 at 12:44 PM, nitram said:

When the ZF was introduced I couldn't wait to get one because I'd always wanted a Whiteboard performing shaft with a Blueboard feel. I ordered a 60TX and paired it a 2016 M2 and hit the range and course. It performed as advertised and I was satisfied with this setup but it couldn't outperform the Ventus Black 6X. Notice I didn't say it felt better.

While the gains with the VB were marginal, I went with the best performer and stuck with it for a year and a half. A few months later I traded a guy for a ZF 80TX because I had a college player who wanted one for his SIM 3WD. I glued the TM adapter to it and sat it in the drying rack where it sat for about a year.

Earlier this year I changed 3 woods for the first time since 2007 and went with an Exotics CBX-119 and the Ventus Red 8X. It was a really solid combo but the CBX-119 was a little too low spin for me so I grabbed an old OG 15* V-Steel and put the VR in it. I hit it as solid as I've ever hit a 3WD but it's realistically 12 yards or more shorter than the modern heads. So I went on a search for the best 3WD for me and hit every major brand. I finally narrowed it down to the TSi3 and the SIM2 Ti. I finally settled on the SIM2 although there wasn't much difference between them.

Around this time I cratered the face on my M2. I didn't have time to test out new heads so I grabbed my old JDM SLDR 430 TP and again paired it with the VB. I was searching through one of my golf piles looking for another club and spotted an X-17 that I'd forgotten I had. I glued a TM tip on it and after 20 balls on Trackman the Ventus was booted. So this got me to thinking about the aforementioned ZF 80TX and trying it in the new SIM2.

So this morning, I was able to go and hit the SIM2 with VR 8X against the ZF 80TX. Both are tipped .5 inch and play @ 42" OAL and D5. After warming up I hit 20 shots each beginning with the Ventus Red.

All 20 shots off the deck and with the Ventus I avg:

104.2 SS,

150.4 BS,

15.5 launch,

3722 Spin,

255 carry,

268 OAL.

Vertical dispersion 37 ft.

Lateral dispersion 54 ft.

Very serviceable for me and perfectly content to throw this in the bag.

With the ZF it was apparent after the 3rd shot that I was going to make a change but waited to evaluate the data to make sure it was the right thing to do. The feel (just like an OG Whiteboard to me) was noticeably better and the ball flight was not only in the mid-high window I prefer but as soon as I could pick the ball up with my eyes, it tracked like a radar guided missile to the target.

105.7 SS,

154.32 BS,

15.1 launch,

3588 spin,

261 carry,

273 OAL.

Vertical dispersion 33 ft

Lateral dispersion 55 ft.

The ZF is a winner for me and if you are a fan of the feel and performance of the old Whiteboard with a little better/softer feel in your hands, it's worth giving it a test run.

Welcome to the darkside!  @JustinD had me sold.  I told him that my TB wasn't working out.  It's a 80X tipped an inch and it flew way too high and spun too much.  I was losing anywhere from 10 to 20 yards on average and the left side came into play way too often.  After consulting with him, I decided to go with the ZF 80TX tipped an inch.  Couldn't be happier.  Before the TB I had the Ventus Blue which performed well enough for me but lacked a little feel and would sometimes hook at the most inopportune times.  I would say that in terms of launch and spin, the ZF and Ventus were very similar but the ZF just feels so much better.  I think it flies under the radar because the Ventus line has gotten so popular with both pros and ams alike and rightfully so.  Also, as far as I know, the only big names on tour that play the ZF are JT and Patrick Cantlay.  If the blue board and white board had a baby, it would be the ZF. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 3

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

10 hours ago, BDowning said:

Swapped my AV Raw White 65TX for Diamana ZF 60TX tipped .5" and will not be looking back. Love the feel of the club compared to the Raw. Can feel the load and release much more substantially, launches the ball higher, and easier to swing then the Raw. Super happy with the switch. 

You must have a good fitter 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, back to square one.

Just went and hit balls for 2 hours at the range. My back is shot and I tried every combo I thought would work - and I can't decide. I think I need to buy a Mevo+ 🙃

AD VR - Noticeable kick, mid flight, low spin, best feel

TPB - Stable handle, mid flight, mid spin, best distance

ZF - Least kick, most stable overall, mid flight, low spin, best dispersion

I tested all 3 at D4/D5 and all at ~45" with alternating 10.5 loft and 10.5 -1 loft.

By the end of hitting two full pyramids of balls I was just hitting these monster draw/pull draws with all 3 so that means I was done.

I did find out for my 3 wood that I'm sticking with the ADHD tipped 1" over the AD MT tipped 1.5" and the BF tipped .5".

• Like 3

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

5 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Well, back to square one.

Just went and hit balls for 2 hours at the range. My back is shot and I tried every combo I thought would work - and I can't decide. I think I need to buy a Mevo+ 🙃

AD VR - Noticeable kick, mid flight, low spin, best feel

TPB - Stable handle, mid flight, mid spin, best distance

ZF - Least kick, most stable overall, mid flight, low spin, best dispersion

I tested all 3 at D4/D5 and all at ~45" with alternating 10.5 loft and 10.5 -1 loft.

By the end of hitting two full pyramids of balls I was just hitting these monster draw/pull draws with all 3 so that means I was done.

I did find out for my 3 wood that I'm sticking with the ADHD tipped 1" over the AD MT tipped 1.5" and the BF tipped .5".

Fatigue is real brother.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

1 hour ago, nitram said:

Fatigue is real brother.

Hence why I play better when I skip the range and just grab a beer and tee off 🤣

• Haha 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Here's some more testing feels from this weekend;

I hit about ~500 balls in 3 days at the range. Went out for a few holes as well.

Narrowed it down to the AD VR and the ZF. I cant bring myself to sell the TPB so i'll just shelf it for now. 

The AD VR is very smooth and has a pronounced kick and hammer effect when you hit the ball. Just fantastic. The ZF does not have that but still makes good contact and has nice compression feel on the ball - just less.

FWIW the AD VR is playing at 44.75" and the ZF is at 45".

On the course with both flushed shots and mishits the ZF is consistently about ~5 YDS past the AD VR in the current setup. Not sure if it's due to lower spin or the extra 1/4".

Its looking like a battle between feel and marginal performance. I havent played a full round with the AD VR yet, but I have played my best round of driving ever with the ZF.

So for now the AD VR will go in the signature and in the bag and we'll see how it plays during a few rounds but the ZF is also staying in the stable for future testing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Here's some more testing feels from this weekend;

I hit about ~500 balls in 3 days at the range. Went out for a few holes as well.

Narrowed it down to the AD VR and the ZF. I cant bring myself to sell the TPB so i'll just shelf it for now. 

The AD VR is very smooth and has a pronounced kick and hammer effect when you hit the ball. Just fantastic. The ZF does not have that but still makes good contact and has nice compression feel on the ball - just less.

FWIW the AD VR is playing at 44.75" and the ZF is at 45".

On the course with both flushed shots and mishits the ZF is consistently about ~5 YDS past the AD VR in the current setup. Not sure if it's due to lower spin or the extra 1/4".

Its looking like a battle between feel and marginal performance. I havent played a full round with the AD VR yet, but I have played my best round of driving ever with the ZF.

So for now the AD VR will go in the signature and in the bag and we'll see how it plays during a few rounds but the ZF is also staying in the stable for future testing.

Is either one more accurate than the other? If not, 5 yards is not the end all but it's worth something.

1 hour ago, nitram said:

Is either one more accurate than the other? If not, 5 yards is not the end all but it's worth something.

I wish I could say with any certainty, but my swing isnt good enough to really get any meaningful dispersion out of them.

I can probably start noticing a miss trend and see which has the better miss and which direction - that would probably tell me which to stick with.

After I play on-course with the VR some more here in the next week or so I will switch back to the ZF and see. I'll probably bring the ZF back out for a range session as well and take not of just the misses and how they look.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 9:33 AM, third-times-a-charm said:

In short the BF is the softer feeling higher launching more spinning version of the ZF. The ZF really sits in between the BF and DF but closer to the BF. 

The feel is similar but you will get MORE feel from the BF and more load, more deflection. Club will turn over more, etc. 

BF is a great compliment to the ZF depending on what your needs are.

I think this is the next experiment that I do before my bag gets locked out by life happenings. 

I played the BF 80 in my 3 wood today, and it was just fantastic. The first swing felt comfortable and I was able to hit a handful of different shots out on the course. The logical play here is to go for the ZF in 70TX for my driver. The Ventus Black I'm using now is okay, I think I've been trying too hard to make it work because it's so popular but to me it feels sort of numb. 

Either way I think the VB is so close in performance to my Atmos Black that it would make sense to sell the VB off and try something novel for a change. 

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

The ZF is just so good. Driving the ball batter than I have in a long time. Very stable with a nice little kick. Just gets out there and does not go either way. Just so stable, but not to stiff. No monitor data, but can tell it does not spin too much.

100 SS with a 60 S. Best driver shaft I have played in years. AD IZ was really good, but a bit too loose. AD TP was ok, just kinda dull and not that long. Ventus Black was too stiff for me with no action. 

Want to try the BF in my 3 wood. 

Edited by OspreyCI
  • Like 2

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

3 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

The ZF is just so good. Driving the ball batter than I have in a long time. Very stable with a nice little kick. Just gets out there and does not go either way. Just so stable, but not to stiff. No monitor data, but can tell it does not spin too much.

100 SS with a 60 S. Best driver shaft I have played in years. AD IZ was really good, but a bit too loose. AD TP was ok, just kinda dull and not that long. Ventus Black was too stiff for me with no action. 

Want to try the BF in my 3 wood. 

the BF in a 3w, i assure you is "so choice"...i'm gaming something different at the moment but - i swear by the original 83 blueboard, the pro blue tx and the BF. 

• Like 4

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

34 minutes ago, gioguy21 said:

the BF in a 3w, i assure you is "so choice"...i'm gaming something different at the moment but - i swear by the original 83 blueboard, the pro blue tx and the BF. 

I'm 100% converted to BF in fairways. I have been a 4/5 wood player for the past decade, and this thing has just put a 3w in my bag for the first time. 

• Like 2

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Welp, CPO got TD drivers in this week so I have one incoming.

....back to shaft testing. AD VR, TPB, and ZF will head back to the range later this week for a shootout 🤣

• Like 4

What's the general consensus on tipping?

I play short/heavy woods, and my BF is tipped 1" in the 3 wood. I was thinking .5" for the ZF in the driver....maybe 1"?

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

2 minutes ago, GooseHook said:

What's the general consensus on tipping?

I play short/heavy woods, and my BF is tipped 1" in the 3 wood. I was thinking .5" for the ZF in the driver....maybe 1"?

lol don't open that can of worms here! (there are plenty that will say you should never take advice from ANYONE on the internet...yet belong to a golf forum lol)

i think 1/2" tipping of the ZF in the driver is plenty. 

• Like 2

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

On 11/2/2021 at 10:23 AM, gioguy21 said:

lol don't open that can of worms here! (there are plenty that will say you should never take advice from ANYONE on the internet...yet belong to a golf forum lol)

i think 1/2" tipping of the ZF in the driver is plenty. 

It's in everyone's best interest to follow the herd, then if something goes wrong you don't have to blame yourself 🙂

I'm going to do 1/2", a full inch worked great in the 3w for the BF so I'm basically going with MCA's guidance plus an extra half inch for each wood. 

• Like 1

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

This is precisely what I did, tipped 1/2' since I always get heavier weight added to the head to play D4-D5 at 44.50".  Feels perfecto 

• Like 2

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

I just typed this kinda long response on my current AD VR vs ZF but I realized I'm a fool in a mans shoes and in all reality I'll probably alternate between both for the foreseeable future.

The AD VR (aka AD IZ, same shaft) is such a nice feeling high launch low spin bomber that i hit a consistent high draw with.

The ZF is a blueboard stiffened in all the right places that straightens out my flight into a baby-whatever that looks dead straight to the eye and is a few yards longer - but has less feel for me.

The AD VR is going to stay in the bag for now and the ZF will be on deck for when I'm feeling pro or that like 2 days a week my swing is actually working before it goes to trash again for the other 5 days.

Since it's winter right now here the temp just dropped below 80 so I'm pretty much freezing my a** off and i can't move anymore I think the AD VR will be more friendly when the temp outside is 79 and under and I have less range of motion.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

My ZF is finally here, tipped 1/2" and the epoxy is all cured up. The grip is going on today, but no idea when I'll be able to get it out to the range. Friday was supposed to be its maiden voyage (at Pikewood National, of all places) but the weather scrapped our plans. My backup plan is to get on a simulator and get to know it. 

• Like 3

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

5 minutes ago, GooseHook said:

My ZF is finally here, tipped 1/2" and the epoxy is all cured up. The grip is going on today, but no idea when I'll be able to get it out to the range. Friday was supposed to be its maiden voyage (at Pikewood National, of all places) but the weather scrapped our plans. My backup plan is to get on a simulator and get to know it. 

let us know how it goes!

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

ZF is back in the bag. Walked 9 just now and hit 4/7 drivable fairways.

Bonus points if you can guess the hole.

91858925-B9D0-4048-9615-808652A99664.jpeg.21019845bd46478329047d87dcf5a9d9.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

ZF is back in the bag. Walked 9 just now and hit 4/7 drivable fairways.

91858925-B9D0-4048-9615-808652A99664.jpeg.21019845bd46478329047d87dcf5a9d9.jpeg

Bay Hill hole 6? 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

Bay Hill hole 6? 

Yep!

Totally missed the fairway and hooked one into the water on this one. It was not one of my 4/7 🙃

7 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

if you know what i mean eyebrow raise GIF

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

3 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Yep!

Totally missed the fairway and hooked one into the water on this one. It was not one of my 4/7 🙃

Yikes.  Do bonus points mean that I can play Bay Hill as your guest if I get myself down to Orlando?  🤪