Diamana ZF

autronicdsm

Swapped my AV Raw White 65TX for Diamana ZF 60TX tipped .5" and will not be looking back. Love the feel of the club compared to the Raw. Can feel the load and release much more substantially, launches the ball higher, and easier to swing then the Raw. Super happy with the switch. 

• Like 4

Titleist TSI3 MCA Diamana ZF 60 TX

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 15* MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue 75X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x // Srixon ZX UI 2i 18* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 95x

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

When the ZF was introduced I couldn't wait to get one because I'd always wanted a Whiteboard performing shaft with a Blueboard feel. I ordered a 60TX and paired it a 2016 M2 and hit the range and course. It performed as advertised and I was satisfied with this setup but it couldn't outperform the Ventus Black 6X. Notice I didn't say it felt better.

While the gains with the VB were marginal, I went with the best performer and stuck with it for a year and a half. A few months later I traded a guy for a ZF 80TX because I had a college player who wanted one for his SIM 3WD. I glued the TM adapter to it and sat it in the drying rack where it sat for about a year.

Earlier this year I changed 3 woods for the first time since 2007 and went with an Exotics CBX-119 and the Ventus Red 8X. It was a really solid combo but the CBX-119 was a little too low spin for me so I grabbed an old OG 15* V-Steel and put the VR in it. I hit it as solid as I've ever hit a 3WD but it's realistically 12 yards or more shorter than the modern heads. So I went on a search for the best 3WD for me and hit every major brand. I finally narrowed it down to the TSi3 and the SIM2 Ti. I finally settled on the SIM2 although there wasn't much difference between them.

Around this time I cratered the face on my M2. I didn't have time to test out new heads so I grabbed my old JDM SLDR 430 TP and again paired it with the VB. I was searching through one of my golf piles looking for another club and spotted an X-17 that I'd forgotten I had. I glued a TM tip on it and after 20 balls on Trackman the Ventus was booted. So this got me to thinking about the aforementioned ZF 80TX and trying it in the new SIM2.

So this morning, I was able to go and hit the SIM2 with VR 8X against the ZF 80TX. Both are tipped .5 inch and play @ 42" OAL and D5. After warming up I hit 20 shots each beginning with the Ventus Red.

All 20 shots off the deck and with the Ventus I avg:

104.2 SS,

150.4 BS,

15.5 launch,

3722 Spin,

255 carry,

268 OAL.

Vertical dispersion 37 ft.

Lateral dispersion 54 ft.

Very serviceable for me and perfectly content to throw this in the bag.

With the ZF it was apparent after the 3rd shot that I was going to make a change but waited to evaluate the data to make sure it was the right thing to do. The feel (just like an OG Whiteboard to me) was noticeably better and the ball flight was not only in the mid-high window I prefer but as soon as I could pick the ball up with my eyes, it tracked like a radar guided missile to the target.

105.7 SS,

154.32 BS,

15.1 launch,

3588 spin,

261 carry,

273 OAL.

Vertical dispersion 33 ft

Lateral dispersion 55 ft.

The ZF is a winner for me and if you are a fan of the feel and performance of the old Whiteboard with a little better/softer feel in your hands, it's worth giving it a test run.

• Like 3

TaylorMade JDM SLDR TP 430 10*           MCA Diamana X17 60X

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15*                           MCA Diamana X17 70X

Bridgestone J33 AirMuscle 19*                 Velyx Rome Wildeye 988X
MIURA TC-201   4-6                                  MCA MMT-105TX

MIURA MB-101  7-P                                   MCA MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Prototype  52, 57, 60                MCA MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 1.5 34/350 Beached Prototype (A010656)

Duplicate

Edited by nitram

On 10/14/2021 at 12:44 PM, nitram said:

When the ZF was introduced I couldn't wait to get one because I'd always wanted a Whiteboard performing shaft with a Blueboard feel. I ordered a 60TX and paired it a 2016 M2 and hit the range and course. It performed as advertised and I was satisfied with this setup but it couldn't outperform the Ventus Black 6X. Notice I didn't say it felt better.

While the gains with the VB were marginal, I went with the best performer and stuck with it for a year and a half. A few months later I traded a guy for a ZF 80TX because I had a college player who wanted one for his SIM 3WD. I glued the TM adapter to it and sat it in the drying rack where it sat for about a year.

Earlier this year I changed 3 woods for the first time since 2007 and went with an Exotics CBX-119 and the Ventus Red 8X. It was a really solid combo but the CBX-119 was a little too low spin for me so I grabbed an old OG 15* V-Steel and put the VR in it. I hit it as solid as I've ever hit a 3WD but it's realistically 12 yards or more shorter than the modern heads. So I went on a search for the best 3WD for me and hit every major brand. I finally narrowed it down to the TSi3 and the SIM2 Ti. I finally settled on the SIM2 although there wasn't much difference between them.

Around this time I cratered the face on my M2. I didn't have time to test out new heads so I grabbed my old JDM SLDR 430 TP and again paired it with the VB. I was searching through one of my golf piles looking for another club and spotted an X-17 that I'd forgotten I had. I glued a TM tip on it and after 20 balls on Trackman the Ventus was booted. So this got me to thinking about the aforementioned ZF 80TX and trying it in the new SIM2.

So this morning, I was able to go and hit the SIM2 with VR 8X against the ZF 80TX. Both are tipped .5 inch and play @ 42" OAL and D5. After warming up I hit 20 shots each beginning with the Ventus Red.

All 20 shots off the deck and with the Ventus I avg:

104.2 SS,

150.4 BS,

15.5 launch,

3722 Spin,

255 carry,

268 OAL.

Vertical dispersion 37 ft.

Lateral dispersion 54 ft.

Very serviceable for me and perfectly content to throw this in the bag.

With the ZF it was apparent after the 3rd shot that I was going to make a change but waited to evaluate the data to make sure it was the right thing to do. The feel (just like an OG Whiteboard to me) was noticeably better and the ball flight was not only in the mid-high window I prefer but as soon as I could pick the ball up with my eyes, it tracked like a radar guided missile to the target.

105.7 SS,

154.32 BS,

15.1 launch,

3588 spin,

261 carry,

273 OAL.

Vertical dispersion 33 ft

Lateral dispersion 55 ft.

The ZF is a winner for me and if you are a fan of the feel and performance of the old Whiteboard with a little better/softer feel in your hands, it's worth giving it a test run.

Welcome to the darkside!  @JustinD had me sold.  I told him that my TB wasn't working out.  It's a 80X tipped an inch and it flew way too high and spun too much.  I was losing anywhere from 10 to 20 yards on average and the left side came into play way too often.  After consulting with him, I decided to go with the ZF 80TX tipped an inch.  Couldn't be happier.  Before the TB I had the Ventus Blue which performed well enough for me but lacked a little feel and would sometimes hook at the most inopportune times.  I would say that in terms of launch and spin, the ZF and Ventus were very similar but the ZF just feels so much better.  I think it flies under the radar because the Ventus line has gotten so popular with both pros and ams alike and rightfully so.  Also, as far as I know, the only big names on tour that play the ZF are JT and Patrick Cantlay.  If the blue board and white board had a baby, it would be the ZF. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 3

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Diamana ZF 60TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

10 hours ago, BDowning said:

Swapped my AV Raw White 65TX for Diamana ZF 60TX tipped .5" and will not be looking back. Love the feel of the club compared to the Raw. Can feel the load and release much more substantially, launches the ball higher, and easier to swing then the Raw. Super happy with the switch. 

You must have a good fitter 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, back to square one.

Just went and hit balls for 2 hours at the range. My back is shot and I tried every combo I thought would work - and I can't decide. I think I need to buy a Mevo+ 🙃

AD VR - Noticeable kick, mid flight, low spin, best feel

TPB - Stable handle, mid flight, mid spin, best distance

ZF - Least kick, most stable overall, mid flight, low spin, best dispersion

I tested all 3 at D4/D5 and all at ~45" with alternating 10.5 loft and 10.5 -1 loft.

By the end of hitting two full pyramids of balls I was just hitting these monster draw/pull draws with all 3 so that means I was done.

I did find out for my 3 wood that I'm sticking with the ADHD tipped 1" over the AD MT tipped 1.5" and the BF tipped .5".

• Like 3

Epic Speed + ZF 6TSi2 17.25 + AD HD 7 / TSi2 20.25 + AD MJ 8 / TW-X 4 + TR20P + Modus3 105 / MD5 Raw / Toulon JDM Austin 

5 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Well, back to square one.

Just went and hit balls for 2 hours at the range. My back is shot and I tried every combo I thought would work - and I can't decide. I think I need to buy a Mevo+ 🙃

AD VR - Noticeable kick, mid flight, low spin, best feel

TPB - Stable handle, mid flight, mid spin, best distance

ZF - Least kick, most stable overall, mid flight, low spin, best dispersion

I tested all 3 at D4/D5 and all at ~45" with alternating 10.5 loft and 10.5 -1 loft.

By the end of hitting two full pyramids of balls I was just hitting these monster draw/pull draws with all 3 so that means I was done.

I did find out for my 3 wood that I'm sticking with the ADHD tipped 1" over the AD MT tipped 1.5" and the BF tipped .5".

Fatigue is real brother.

Here's some more testing feels from this weekend;

I hit about ~500 balls in 3 days at the range. Went out for a few holes as well.

Narrowed it down to the AD VR and the ZF. I cant bring myself to sell the TPB so i'll just shelf it for now. 

The AD VR is very smooth and has a pronounced kick and hammer effect when you hit the ball. Just fantastic. The ZF does not have that but still makes good contact and has nice compression feel on the ball - just less.

FWIW the AD VR is playing at 44.75" and the ZF is at 45".

On the course with both flushed shots and mishits the ZF is consistently about ~5 YDS past the AD VR in the current setup. Not sure if it's due to lower spin or the extra 1/4".

Its looking like a battle between feel and marginal performance. I havent played a full round with the AD VR yet, but I have played my best round of driving ever with the ZF.

So for now the AD VR will go in the signature and in the bag and we'll see how it plays during a few rounds but the ZF is also staying in the stable for future testing.

• Like 1

Epic Speed + ZF 6TSi2 17.25 + AD HD 7 / TSi2 20.25 + AD MJ 8 / TW-X 4 + TR20P + Modus3 105 / MD5 Raw / Toulon JDM Austin 

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Here's some more testing feels from this weekend;

I hit about ~500 balls in 3 days at the range. Went out for a few holes as well.

Narrowed it down to the AD VR and the ZF. I cant bring myself to sell the TPB so i'll just shelf it for now. 

The AD VR is very smooth and has a pronounced kick and hammer effect when you hit the ball. Just fantastic. The ZF does not have that but still makes good contact and has nice compression feel on the ball - just less.

FWIW the AD VR is playing at 44.75" and the ZF is at 45".

On the course with both flushed shots and mishits the ZF is consistently about ~5 YDS past the AD VR in the current setup. Not sure if it's due to lower spin or the extra 1/4".

Its looking like a battle between feel and marginal performance. I havent played a full round with the AD VR yet, but I have played my best round of driving ever with the ZF.

So for now the AD VR will go in the signature and in the bag and we'll see how it plays during a few rounds but the ZF is also staying in the stable for future testing.

Is either one more accurate than the other? If not, 5 yards is not the end all but it's worth something.

1 hour ago, nitram said:

Is either one more accurate than the other? If not, 5 yards is not the end all but it's worth something.

I wish I could say with any certainty, but my swing isnt good enough to really get any meaningful dispersion out of them.

I can probably start noticing a miss trend and see which has the better miss and which direction - that would probably tell me which to stick with.

After I play on-course with the VR some more here in the next week or so I will switch back to the ZF and see. I'll probably bring the ZF back out for a range session as well and take not of just the misses and how they look.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 9:33 AM, third-times-a-charm said:

In short the BF is the softer feeling higher launching more spinning version of the ZF. The ZF really sits in between the BF and DF but closer to the BF. 

The feel is similar but you will get MORE feel from the BF and more load, more deflection. Club will turn over more, etc. 

BF is a great compliment to the ZF depending on what your needs are.

I think this is the next experiment that I do before my bag gets locked out by life happenings. 

I played the BF 80 in my 3 wood today, and it was just fantastic. The first swing felt comfortable and I was able to hit a handful of different shots out on the course. The logical play here is to go for the ZF in 70TX for my driver. The Ventus Black I'm using now is okay, I think I've been trying too hard to make it work because it's so popular but to me it feels sort of numb. 

Either way I think the VB is so close in performance to my Atmos Black that it would make sense to sell the VB off and try something novel for a change. 

SIM2 8*, Diamana ZF 70TX

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

Flash SZ 18°, VTS Silver 8x
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M
PXG Closer Gen 2  
Tour BX

The ZF is just so good. Driving the ball batter than I have in a long time. Very stable with a nice little kick. Just gets out there and does not go either way. Just so stable, but not to stiff. No monitor data, but can tell it does not spin too much.

100 SS with a 60 S. Best driver shaft I have played in years. AD IZ was really good, but a bit too loose. AD TP was ok, just kinda dull and not that long. Ventus Black was too stiff for me with no action. 

Want to try the BF in my 3 wood. 

Edited by OspreyCI
  • Like 2

TM Sim2 Max 10.5 GD HD 6s
TM Sim Max 15* Tensei Blue 65S

TM M2 19* Hybrid Fuji Pro S
PXG 0311 Gen3 P 4-GW Elevate Tour S
PXG 0311 Forged 54* Elevate Tour S 
TM MG3 60* HB DG S200

TaylorMade Spider Tour

Titleist ProV1

3 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

The ZF is just so good. Driving the ball batter than I have in a long time. Very stable with a nice little kick. Just gets out there and does not go either way. Just so stable, but not to stiff. No monitor data, but can tell it does not spin too much.

100 SS with a 60 S. Best driver shaft I have played in years. AD IZ was really good, but a bit too loose. AD TP was ok, just kinda dull and not that long. Ventus Black was too stiff for me with no action. 

Want to try the BF in my 3 wood. 

the BF in a 3w, i assure you is "so choice"...i'm gaming something different at the moment but - i swear by the original 83 blueboard, the pro blue tx and the BF. 

• Like 4

SiM2 / 9* / TZ6 65M5 tipped 1"

SiM2 Ti / 5w (set 1 tick lower loft) / TZ6 85M5 tipped 1"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

TI Apex TCB / 3-PW / Modus 130X

RTX Zipcore Black / 50,54,60 / KBS Tour X/S+

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"  & Spider EX Navy / 36"

34 minutes ago, gioguy21 said:

the BF in a 3w, i assure you is "so choice"...i'm gaming something different at the moment but - i swear by the original 83 blueboard, the pro blue tx and the BF. 

I'm 100% converted to BF in fairways. I have been a 4/5 wood player for the past decade, and this thing has just put a 3w in my bag for the first time. 

• Like 2

SIM2 8*, Diamana ZF 70TX

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M
PXG Closer Gen 2  
Tour BX

Welp, CPO got TD drivers in this week so I have one incoming.

....back to shaft testing. AD VR, TPB, and ZF will head back to the range later this week for a shootout 🤣

• Like 4

What's the general consensus on tipping?

I play short/heavy woods, and my BF is tipped 1" in the 3 wood. I was thinking .5" for the ZF in the driver....maybe 1"?

SIM2 8*, Diamana ZF 70TX

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M
PXG Closer Gen 2  
Tour BX

2 minutes ago, GooseHook said:

What's the general consensus on tipping?

I play short/heavy woods, and my BF is tipped 1" in the 3 wood. I was thinking .5" for the ZF in the driver....maybe 1"?

lol don't open that can of worms here! (there are plenty that will say you should never take advice from ANYONE on the internet...yet belong to a golf forum lol)

i think 1/2" tipping of the ZF in the driver is plenty. 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2021 at 10:23 AM, gioguy21 said:

lol don't open that can of worms here! (there are plenty that will say you should never take advice from ANYONE on the internet...yet belong to a golf forum lol)

i think 1/2" tipping of the ZF in the driver is plenty. 

It's in everyone's best interest to follow the herd, then if something goes wrong you don't have to blame yourself 🙂

I'm going to do 1/2", a full inch worked great in the 3w for the BF so I'm basically going with MCA's guidance plus an extra half inch for each wood. 

• Like 1

SIM2 8*, Diamana ZF 70TX

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M
PXG Closer Gen 2  
Tour BX

This is precisely what I did, tipped 1/2' since I always get heavier weight added to the head to play D4-D5 at 44.50".  Feels perfecto 

• Like 2

TM SIM2 MAX 10.5/ACCRA TZ6 65 M4/GP TW BLK 

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-7/PX IO 6.0/GP TW BLK

PXG GEN3 0311T 8-GW/PX IO 6.0/GP TW BLK

PXG 0311 FORGED 56/10 & 60/09/PX IO 6.0/GP TW BLK

TM SPIDER X CHALK CS/PX 6.5 BLK OUT/SS PS 1.0 BLK/WHT

TM TP5X 2021

I just typed this kinda long response on my current AD VR vs ZF but I realized I'm a fool in a mans shoes and in all reality I'll probably alternate between both for the foreseeable future.

The AD VR (aka AD IZ, same shaft) is such a nice feeling high launch low spin bomber that i hit a consistent high draw with.

The ZF is a blueboard stiffened in all the right places that straightens out my flight into a baby-whatever that looks dead straight to the eye and is a few yards longer - but has less feel for me.

The AD VR is going to stay in the bag for now and the ZF will be on deck for when I'm feeling pro or that like 2 days a week my swing is actually working before it goes to trash again for the other 5 days.

Since it's winter right now here the temp just dropped below 80 so I'm pretty much freezing my a** off and i can't move anymore I think the AD VR will be more friendly when the temp outside is 79 and under and I have less range of motion.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

My ZF is finally here, tipped 1/2" and the epoxy is all cured up. The grip is going on today, but no idea when I'll be able to get it out to the range. Friday was supposed to be its maiden voyage (at Pikewood National, of all places) but the weather scrapped our plans. My backup plan is to get on a simulator and get to know it. 

• Like 3

SIM2 8*, Diamana ZF 70TX

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M
PXG Closer Gen 2  
Tour BX

5 minutes ago, GooseHook said:

My ZF is finally here, tipped 1/2" and the epoxy is all cured up. The grip is going on today, but no idea when I'll be able to get it out to the range. Friday was supposed to be its maiden voyage (at Pikewood National, of all places) but the weather scrapped our plans. My backup plan is to get on a simulator and get to know it. 

let us know how it goes!

10 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

ZF is back in the bag. Walked 9 just now and hit 4/7 drivable fairways.

Bonus points if you can guess the hole.

91858925-B9D0-4048-9615-808652A99664.jpeg.21019845bd46478329047d87dcf5a9d9.jpeg

Bay Hill hole 6? 

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

Bay Hill hole 6? 

Yep!

Totally missed the fairway and hooked one into the water on this one. It was not one of my 4/7 🙃

7 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Bonus points if you can guess the hole.

if you know what i mean eyebrow raise GIF

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX || Taylormade SIM 9* Diamana X'17 70X
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Diamana DF 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti 15* Kuro Kage DCXM 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || TItleist 915FD 18* Fujikura Motore VC 9.2 Tour Spec X 
Srixon ZX Utility 20* HZRDUS Red 105 6.5 || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid  
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

3 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Yep!

Totally missed the fairway and hooked one into the water on this one. It was not one of my 4/7 🙃

Yikes.  Do bonus points mean that I can play Bay Hill as your guest if I get myself down to Orlando?  🤪