Diamana ZF

autronicdsm

10 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Yikes.  Do bonus points mean that I can play Bay Hill as your guest if I get myself down to Orlando?  🤪

Hah sure 

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

8 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

ZF is back in the bag. Walked 9 just now and hit 4/7 drivable fairways.

Bonus points if you can guess the hole.

91858925-B9D0-4048-9615-808652A99664.jpeg.21019845bd46478329047d87dcf5a9d9.jpeg

Back in the bag because...why?  Outperforming the VR?

Cally Epic Speed and Mavrik Std 9* with Tensei 1k White 50s, Titleist TSi2 4w RDX Black, Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid 19* 70S, Titleist TSi2 4Hy, Mizuno 223 PX 5.5IO PW-5i, Titleist 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08M, Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11 35" putter; Driver SS 99-104mph, 4.0 index

8 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Back in the bag because...why?  Outperforming the VR?

As I mentioned earlier, I'm mostly an idiot.

The ZF is the shaft I SHOULD be playing all the time but I keep trying to chase the dragon aka more feel.

On a whim after playing the AD VR I just threw it in for today's 9 holes and behold I hit another solid amount of fairways as I did previously with it.

The ZF is the most accurate and longest (for me) shaft I've tested in 2021. The GDI shafts just feel so nice but the higher launching models like the IZ/VR/etc just bring in a nasty hook for me more than than ZF does.

The ZF gives me a Ventus-like strike and dispersion - with better feel than the Ventus line.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

19 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

The ZF gives me a Ventus-like strike and dispersion - with better feel than the Ventus line.

EXACTLY!!!

• Like 3

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

Just now, third-times-a-charm said:

As I mentioned earlier, I'm mostly an idiot.

The ZF is the shaft I SHOULD be playing all the time but I keep trying to chase the dragon aka more feel.

On a whim after playing the AD VR I just threw it in for today's 9 holes and behold I hit another solid amount of fairways as I did previously with it.

The ZF is the most accurate and longest (for me) shaft I've tested in 2021. The GDI shafts just feel so nice but the higher launching models like the IZ/VR/etc just bring in a nasty hook for me more than than ZF does.

I hear you on the GD feel.  I never particularly cared for feel for the Ventus line but they flat out perform.  As far as the ZF goes, it's been really good in my 3 metal.  Has a little kick to it and fits in my launch window without excessive spin.  It performs almost exactly like the Ventus Blue that I had last year but has so much more feel to it which is a bonus. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I use a Diamana S+ Limited 60 stiff in both of my PXG drivers. I want to try to tighten the dispersion on the 0811xf, so I was thinking about a D+ in a regular flex ( at 60 years old, I am not sure about a stiff in that profile ). I also was looking at the ZF in a 60 stiff because this thread says it has a good feel, and small kick. So, at my age with a 95+ swing speed, which shaft do you Diamana connoisseurs think would be best to slightly lower the flight, tighten dispersion, and still be easy to swing? Thanks to all reply in advance. 

Edited by muniman

18 hours ago, nitram said:

ZF 60 stiff, no tipping.

This. I also used many GD shafts and the Stock PXG Diamana S+ Limited. Two rounds with the Ventus Black. At 100 SS the ZF gives me perfect launch window and does not get wild like the AD IZ did and has way more feel than the Ventus Black. I went 60 S with not tipping. Been loving it so far. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

20 hours ago, muniman said:

I use a Diamana S+ Limited 60 stiff in both of my PXG drivers. I want to try to tighten the dispersion on the 0811xf, so I was thinking about a D+ in a regular flex ( at 60 years old, I am not sure about a stiff in that profile ). I also was looking at the ZF in a 60 stiff because this thread says it has a good feel, and small kick. So, at my age with a 95+ swing speed, which shaft do you Diamana connoisseurs think would be best to slightly lower the flight, tighten dispersion, and still be easy to swing? Thanks to all reply in advance. 

If you like the S+ but want lower launch then the ZF is the way to go IMO. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Although it was not GC Quad or Trackman, I was able to get some approximate data on the ZF Friday afternoon. The shaft feels great, combined with the SIM2 head it was also quite easy to time. The Full Swing sims at my local place are pretty good for club data and measuring speed, but spin can be a little hit or miss sometimes. 

The downside is I haven't been playing much, and my recurring bad habit of exteme inside path+ open face was definitely impacting my numbers. Some drives were launching in the 15 degree range at 2800-2900rpm, which is actually really playable in terms of a bad miss. 

Good ones with decent path and face control were closer to 12 degrees @ 2500rpm, with a ball speed max at 171. Handicap season is now over locally but with good winter weather I'm looking forward to seeing how this combo plays in real golf. 

• Like 1

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

2 hours ago, muniman said:

Thank you gentlemen for your replies. I ordered a ZF 60 stiff, and a PXG adapter. Can't wait to try it out!

You will enjoy man! I double down on that. Let us know. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 9:47 AM, GooseHook said:

Although it was not GC Quad or Trackman, I was able to get some approximate data on the ZF Friday afternoon. The shaft feels great, combined with the SIM2 head it was also quite easy to time. The Full Swing sims at my local place are pretty good for club data and measuring speed, but spin can be a little hit or miss sometimes. 

The downside is I haven't been playing much, and my recurring bad habit of extreme inside path+ open face was definitely impacting my numbers. Some drives were launching in the 15 degree range at 2800-2900rpm, which is actually really playable in terms of a bad miss. 

Good ones with decent path and face control were closer to 12 degrees @ 2500rpm, with a ball speed max at 171. Handicap season is now over locally but with good winter weather I'm looking forward to seeing how this combo plays in real golf. 

My free time is nonexistent, I only got to hit my ZF for the first time outdoors over the weekend. 

Hitting to a real target is so much nicer than figuring out the quirks on an individual simulator. So far it actually looks like the ZF launches a little lower than my Ventus Black did. Dispersion was really nice as well, no major banana misses and even with range balls nothing seemed to be knuckling all that badly. 

• Like 1

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Taking my newly acquired ZF 60X to be built up today - 45" at D4 in Mizuno ST-Z.  Pretty torn on whether to tip it .5" or just go straight in (SS 107-110mph on TM), but leaning towards the latter. Any last minute recommendations? I promise not to hold you accountable 😁

Coincidentally I snapped my RDX black last week, but already had the ZF waiting at home.

My WITB

Cobra Darkspeed LS 10.5º -1º | Tour AD VF 6x

TBD | LIN-Q M40x Blue 7F5

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus Rescue 19.5º | Tour AD IZ 95x

Srixon ZX Utility 4i | MMT 105tx

Titleist T150 | Modus 115x

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack 50º & 54º | DG TI S400

Cleveland RTX Full Face 58º |  Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon Garage Las Vegas H7 | KBS CT Tour

Ball: TP5x or Prov1

8 minutes ago, STank724 said:

Taking my newly acquired ZF 60X to be built up today - 45" at D4 in Mizuno ST-Z.  Pretty torn on whether to tip it .5" or just go straight in (SS 107-110mph on TM), but leaning towards the latter. Any last minute recommendations? I promise not to hold you accountable 😁

Coincidentally I snapped my RDX black last week, but already had the ZF waiting at home.

Tipping a half inch won't hurt at all, I'm playing a little shorter but at a similar swing weight and I'm glad that I decided to tip trim. I think a full inch would be overkill.

• Thanks 1

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Have kept this in the bag now since my flurry of posts in here weeks ago switching between several shafts. I kinda made myself do it by way of selling all the others and not having a choice and I'm glad I did. Such a great shaft in driver.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Have kept this in the bag now since my flurry of posts in here weeks ago switching between several shafts. I kinda made myself do it by way of selling all the others and not having a choice and I'm glad I did. Such a great shaft in driver.

This site always has me guessing too. Glad I kept the ZF. Now she has a new head on her shoulders….Sim2 Max. We shall see. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I just plugged in my new ZF and loving it so far (coming from the Tensei 1k).  Only 1 round and 1 range session under my belt but it's made a good argument for the #1 spot.  Touch higher ball flight but a "strong" mid/high flight if that makes sense; seems to keep going despite and doesn't balloon or appear to drop out of the sky.  Feels stable but pretty smooth.  Dispersion tighter so far and it appears I'm getting 5-10 yards more distance.  I look forward to more time with it.  Thanks to all of you for your feedback and posts!

Cally Epic Speed and Mavrik Std 9* with Tensei 1k White 50s, Titleist TSi2 4w RDX Black, Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid 19* 70S, Titleist TSi2 4Hy, Mizuno 223 PX 5.5IO PW-5i, Titleist 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08M, Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11 35" putter; Driver SS 99-104mph, 4.0 index

• 3 weeks later...

Playing the ZF for a bit now and thinking I need something a little lower launch, but like a bit softer tip. Any suggestions? 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 12/10/2021 at 4:04 PM, OspreyCI said:

This site always has me guessing too. Glad I kept the ZF. Now she has a new head on her shoulders….Sim2 Max. We shall see. 

This post did not age that well… haha

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

1 hour ago, OspreyCI said:

Playing the ZF for a bit now and thinking I need something a little lower launch, but like a bit softer tip. Any suggestions? 

53 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

This post did not age that well… haha

I fear you are chasing a shaft that may not exist. Drop 1° of loft and check your numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

2 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Lower launch and softer tip don’t go together. As was mentioned tweak the head and not the shaft.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Lower launch and softer tip don’t go together. As was mentioned tweak the head and not the shaft.

I got you. I went lower setting today at the range and did help. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 12/6/2021 at 9:39 AM, GooseHook said:

My free time is nonexistent, I only got to hit my ZF for the first time outdoors over the weekend. 

Hitting to a real target is so much nicer than figuring out the quirks on an individual simulator. So far it actually looks like the ZF launches a little lower than my Ventus Black did. Dispersion was really nice as well, no major banana misses and even with range balls nothing seemed to be knuckling all that badly. 

That's very interesting.  I find that the ZF launches 1-2* higher on average than the Ventus Black did.  That being said, I still have the ZF in my 3 metal.  Currently tinkering with the HD in my driver and I'm pleased so far.  That may change though.  😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

That's very interesting.  I find that the ZF launches 1-2* higher on average than the Ventus Black did.  That being said, I still have the ZF in my 3 metal.  Currently tinkering with the HD in my driver and I'm pleased so far.  That may change though.  😂

Same for me. The ZF launched a little higher than the VB.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Like to hear your thoughts on the HD vs ZF. I just unloaded the ZF for an HD. IZ was my favorite GD shaft and used for a long time. Hoping the HD has some more feel than the ZF at my measly 100 SS. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

6 hours ago, nitram said:

Same for me. The ZF launched a little higher than the VB.

It could just be how I load it or a swing fault. Personally I've never seen much of a difference between shafts when it comes to launch, mainly consistency differences in ball flight. 

For several years I used the Motore 757 which on paper was a high launch shaft. 

• Like 1

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Put the Diamana ZF in play and that thing is amazing. Unfortunately the shaft got splintered and broke in my downswing, but I think that was from unnatural causes of it landing on a cart path 😕

• Sad 1

Driver - Titleist TSR3 9 degree w/ Rogue Aldila Silver 125 MSI 60 TX 

3 Wood - Taylormade Stealth+ (tour issue) 15 degree w/ Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid - Callaway Apex UW 19 degree w/ Ventus Blue 9X

4 Iron - Titleist U500 w/ MMT UT 125 TX

5-PW - Muira CB-801 w/ Dynamic Gold X7's

51 Degree - Titleist Vokey SM 9 51 degree 12F grind 

56 Degree - Titleist Vokey SM 9 56 degree 12D grind

60 Degree - Titleist Vokey SM 9 60 degree T grind 

Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura X5 w/ custom welded long neck, Stability Tour Black, Super Stroke Wrist Lock (red/white)

10 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Looking forward to hearing the results and feedback about the HD.  I like the ZF so far and will continue to test along side the 1k but also looking at the HD.  Can't get the DF out of my head either...