How to add Width and be on Plane

> @blehnhard said:

> He plays in some of the South Florida GA (I think that's right) one day events. Plays most of his golf at Jacaranda in the summer and wherever he can get a good deal in the winter.

I saw his name for FSGA, but he might have to work weekends too if he's at Dick's. I'll look for him in the FSGA when I play.... I have the Florida State 4-Ball today down by you at Pine Tree which is one of my favorite courses in Florida.

> @blehnhard said:

> Meant to wish you good luck for the tournament this weekend.

Thanks! We actually did pretty well today considering our total age is 95 which is more than double the age of most teams. I got lucky and eagled ? the 9th hole, our last hole of the day for a 65.

https://www.fsga.org/Tournament/Results/a062522e-4ae2-4cb9-b1f6-af326abf0fe9?boolQual=False

First practice range session with the Right Angle 2 (set at half). At first, I had a little pain/awkwardness in my follow-through. I guess I'm used to folding my right arm at the end of my follow-through. Anyway, I quickly adjusted to that and I was rather surprised that, while wearing the RA2, I was able to hit solid full 6-iron shots (with ball speeds at my "peak", so to speak) more frequently. After I took it off, it was interesting how replicating the solid shots took more "attention" and was less reliable. Seems like, more swings with it on should help.

I did notice that I couldn't get that "peak" ball speed with the driver. Not sure if there's actually something different mechanically there, or if it's just a small-sample-size issue.

Of course, now my back is sore from taking too many range swings!

> @lchang said:

> I did notice that I couldn't get that "peak" ball speed with the driver. Not sure if there's actually something different mechanically there, or if it's just a small-sample-size issue.

Try putting the RA2 on 3/4 setting with the driver and see what that does to your swing speed.

• Like 1

> @Deadaimz said:

> Well I broke down and ordered an RA2 along with a zfactor. I should be recieving it next week. I hope to add width as I've been told I am quite narrow. This is what my swing looks like prior hopefully o can get it somewhat respectable after RA2.

> http://youtu.be/

I’m not saying you can’t improve your backswing, but you look more narrow on the through swing than the backswing to me and need to work on your sequence. I only know my own swing from years of playing and don’t teach, but do yourself a favor and sign up for some online lessons with @iteachgolf, his online lessons are very, very reasonably priced for the level of instructor he is and I’ve studied the swings of a bunch of his students and love many of the swing characteristics they all have, so much so that I’m going to see him myself in person tomorrow. I’m not expecting a quick fix, but I’m looking to get out of some bad habits I got into after some serious hip injuries that caused me to groove a swing that protected them.

> @97speedster said:

> > @Deadaimz said:

> > Well I broke down and ordered an RA2 along with a zfactor. I should be recieving it next week. I hope to add width as I've been told I am quite narrow. This is what my swing looks like prior hopefully o can get it somewhat respectable after RA2.

> > http://youtu.be/

>

> I’m not saying you can’t improve your backswing, but you look more narrow on the through swing than the backswing to me and need to work on your sequence. I only know my own swing from years of playing and don’t teach, but do yourself a favor and sign up for some online lessons with @iteachgolf, his online lessons are very, very reasonably priced for the level of instructor he is and I’ve studied the swings of a bunch of his students and love many of the swing characteristics they all have, so much so that I’m going to see him myself in person tomorrow. I’m not expecting a quick fix, but I’m looking to get out of some bad habits I got into after some serious hip injuries that caused me to groove a swing that protected them.

>

You're going to see him tomorrow!?!? Please report back how it went. Been thinking about driving up to see him.

@iteachgolf - got any openings for a lesson in the next week or 2 :)

> @97speedster said:

> > @Deadaimz said:

> > Well I broke down and ordered an RA2 along with a zfactor. I should be recieving it next week. I hope to add width as I've been told I am quite narrow. This is what my swing looks like prior hopefully o can get it somewhat respectable after RA2.

> > http://youtu.be/

>

> I’m not saying you can’t improve your backswing, but you look more narrow on the through swing than the backswing to me and need to work on your sequence. I only know my own swing from years of playing and don’t teach, but do yourself a favor and sign up for some online lessons with @iteachgolf, his online lessons are very, very reasonably priced for the level of instructor he is and I’ve studied the swings of a bunch of his students and love many of the swing characteristics they all have, so much so that I’m going to see him myself in person tomorrow. I’m not expecting a quick fix, but I’m looking to get out of some bad habits I got into after some serious hip injuries that caused me to groove a swing that protected them.

>

Iteach has been on my radar for awhile; I will be doing some online lessons with him soon.

I had an awesome lesson today with Dan Carraher (@iteachgolf)... seriously one of the best lessons I have ever had in 42 years of playing golf. I don't want to get in the details of what we worked on because it might help 2 guys while hurting 3, but I would highly recommend going to see him in person or doing online lessons with him.

Before

r0gqyqj0jf12.png

During my lesson today where Dan got me to....

xj5a21oka4gc.jpeg

wj99d04py6b9.jpeg

I don't have more time now because I want to do an hour of drills before it's too late.

> @97speedster said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > Looks great. Without giving too much away, did he only have you work on that end of the BS position or were there some other changes?

>

> One great drill fixed all the things that have bothered me; hands, plane, face angle, pivot and release. Hence, a great lesson!

>

>

Please share the wealth sir :smile:

> @TIM929 said:

> > @97speedster said:

> > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > Looks great. Without giving too much away, did he only have you work on that end of the BS position or were there some other changes?

> >

> > One great drill fixed all the things that have bothered me; hands, plane, face angle, pivot and release. Hence, a great lesson!

> >

> >

>

> Please share the wealth sir :smile:

What’s right for one, is not right for all ?

• Like 1

> @97speedster said:

> > @TIM929 said:

> > > @97speedster said:

> > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > Looks great. Without giving too much away, did he only have you work on that end of the BS position or were there some other changes?

> > >

> > > One great drill fixed all the things that have bothered me; hands, plane, face angle, pivot and release. Hence, a great lesson!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Please share the wealth sir :smile:

>

> What’s right for one, is not right for all ?

>

>

But it takes one, to know one :smiley:

> @TIM929 said:

> > @97speedster said:

> > > @TIM929 said:

> > > > @97speedster said:

> > > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > Looks great. Without giving too much away, did he only have you work on that end of the BS position or were there some other changes?

> > > >

> > > > One great drill fixed all the things that have bothered me; hands, plane, face angle, pivot and release. Hence, a great lesson!

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Please share the wealth sir :smile:

> >

> > What’s right for one, is not right for all ?

> >

> >

>

> But it takes one, to know one :smiley:

Only kidding sir.. glad you enjoyed the lesson, I feel Dan is one of the Top instructors.

> @97speedster said:

> > @TIM929 said:

> > > @97speedster said:

> > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > Looks great. Without giving too much away, did he only have you work on that end of the BS position or were there some other changes?

> > >

> > > One great drill fixed all the things that have bothered me; hands, plane, face angle, pivot and release. Hence, a great lesson!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Please share the wealth sir :smile:

>

> What’s right for one, is not right for all ?

>

> But that’s why these forums exist! We’re all hoping to benefit from random advice on the internet. Seriously though - what do you attribute difference in top of backswing position to? Different wrist conditions - flatter left wrist at top in the after pic?

> @Ripper212 said:

> > @97speedster said:

> > > @TIM929 said:

> > > > @97speedster said:

> > > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > Looks great. Without giving too much away, did he only have you work on that end of the BS position or were there some other changes?

> > > >

> > > > One great drill fixed all the things that have bothered me; hands, plane, face angle, pivot and release. Hence, a great lesson!

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Please share the wealth sir :smile:

> >

> > What’s right for one, is not right for all ?

> >

> > But that’s why these forums exist! We’re all hoping to benefit from random advice on the internet. Seriously though - what do you attribute difference in top of backswing position to? Different wrist conditions - flatter left wrist at top in the after pic?

>

>

I’ll make a video of the drill so it’s easy to understand and do correctly which is key, otherwise it can do more harm than good.

• Like 1

I've worked with Dan (Iteach) in person for 3 days and online. Topnotch and he knows the swing inside and out. Highly suggest him to anyone interested in getting better and learning more about the swing.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO