How to add Width and be on Plane

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday I exchanged a few DM's with @Iteachgolf (Dan) about the GravityFit and watched quite a few videos of his students too on his Instagram and YouTube, all of which had multiple things in their

I’m just an amateur, not a teacher, that tries to help others get better too. I have nothing to gain financially or otherwise, I just love golf.... that’s it.

> @Hawkeye77 said: > > > @97speedster said: > > > @Hawkeye77 said: > > > > @97speedster said: > > > > > @Krt22 said: > > > > > &gt

I have been following thread (along with DJ's comments in the Ballard thread) with great interest as I continue to work to improve my ball striking. I have had the RA2 for about 10 days now and done some work with it at home.

Looking at the stills (and some action) photos of DJ and Iteach, I am working on the following: Better posture at address; More width in backswing; More left side bend at top of BS to create a 90* angle between upper body and thighs which gets my hands higher at top; Working right shoulder more under as I approach impact.

During warmup for round on Wednesday, I was able to launch ball on a much higher (better) trajectory and freeing up release was giving me at least 10 yds more carry with all my irons. Also, I was able to launch driver higher. During round, I hit a number of very good shots (also some not so good) but was pleased.

Yesterday, driver was pretty good, but irons including a lot of wedge shots were poor. Overall, I think I am on the right track.

Thanks to DJ for keeping this thread going and also to those who add their comments.

Bruce

After following the evolution of this thread and where it has arrived, 97speedster, you sir have the nads and the grinder mindset to play exceptional golf. You have stuck to your guns yet been open to change, humble enough to take a lesson from iteach and always kept the focus about just your swing. And now the rewards to follow. Well done!

> @oikos1 said:

> After following the evolution of this thread and where it has arrived, 97speedster, you sir have the nads and the grinder mindset to play exceptional golf. You have stuck to your guns yet been open to change, humble enough to take a lesson from iteach and always kept the focus about just your swing. And now the rewards to follow. Well done!

Thanks buddy!

> @commoditybroker said:

> > @jonsnow said:

> > Really looking forward to your video. Especially like how the shaft lines up with your right forearm on downswing. Tough to hit it anything other than pure from there.

>

> Got to admit, I'm jealous as **** of that position!

? If you wear out the drill I post later and do it correctly you can get there.

• Like 1

> @97speedster said:

> > @commoditybroker said:

> > > @jonsnow said:

> > > Really looking forward to your video. Especially like how the shaft lines up with your right forearm on downswing. Tough to hit it anything other than pure from there.

> >

> > Got to admit, I'm jealous as **** of that position!

>

> ? If you wear out the drill I post later and do it correctly you can get there.

>

I am ready to put the work in and, as Hogan said, "dig it out of the dirt"

Post that drill my man!! :)

> @97speedster said:

> It fixed all the issues that bothered me; hands on take away, open clubface on takeaway, across the line at top with a slightly shut face and being steep on the downswing. Now I just need to put 3,000 - 5,000 reps in of doing it perfectly, which is key.

Will it help me grow hair, lose weight & be a better dancer, too? Beginning to think it must include CBD oil. :D

Here is a video I made of how to do the Plane and Wrist set drill correctly that @iteachgolf had me working on yesterday. Your best bet would be to go see him for a lesson so he can put together a protocol to help you with your swing step by step.

Here is how my swing looks after working on the drill for one day since my lesson yesterday. I've got a ways to go, but there are subtle changes already.

• Like 2

Awesome stuff! Thanks so much for taking the time to not only share what you learned and what you're working on but to put together such a quality presentation.

It really brings it all to life and makes it so much easier to comprehend.

Best of luck and I'm sure you're going to experience great success going forward.

I sure wish guys like iTeach and Monte weren't so far away from where I live....

I bought that right angle 2 thing, messed with it in the house a bit and finally hit some balls before my round today and had the best ball striking day of the year or possibly ever replicating the feel. It made me able to do what my notes from lessons with Dan were instructing me to do. Now everything he gave me has fallen into place, that’s definitely a good training aid. It made me do what he was telling me to do I just couldn’t apply it without a robotic device on and now it everything feels more natural and less forced. My misses today were as good as my good shots the past two months

> @"27x10.5" said:

> I bought that right angle 2 thing, messed with it in the house a bit and finally hit some balls before my round today and had the best ball striking day of the year or possibly ever replicating the feel. It made me able to do what my notes from lessons with Dan were instructing me to do. Now everything he gave me has fallen into place, that’s definitely a good training aid. It made me do what he was telling me to do I just couldn’t apply it without a robotic device on and now it everything feels more natural and less forced. My misses today were as good as my good shots the past two months

Dan Carraher likes the GravityFit.

I stumble on the same thing in one of Butch's videos where he says make sure the club head starts the swing not the hands, shoulder or any thing else. This drill is the same thing and will definitely accomplish the same thing. I will be using it religiously.

As a side note I have said this before but thank you speedster my game has improved at an unbelievable pace thanks to this thread and the JB thread.

• Like 2

In the golf swing it's good to remember that the backswing is opposite to the downswing, so anything you want to do better in the downswing, you should also do oppositely better in the backswing. For example, if you want to get shallower in the downswing, then you should get steeper in the backswing.

Backswing

s49n49h1znua.png

Downswing

mu8kdm69mze9.png

To get shallower in the downswing you want the logo on your glove to point more skyward, which then means you want the logo on your glove to point more towards the ground on the backswing. Getting the club facet more shut going back will get it more open coming down (square). You can't play golf flat to flat or square to square, so whatever you want to do better coming down, do the opposite going back.

whsc0k92ao5r.png

x7x5deu53rlp.png

The top of my backswing

6kl8nx75cnvf.png

Into impact coming down.

mu8kdm69mze9.png

Jim Furyk has made his living doing a great job of opposites on his backswing and downswing, it's more of an exaggeration in his swing, but it also makes it a lot easier to see what I am talking about and is one of the many reasons he has been so good for so long.

a1to2znah2m8.jpg

l4c37qg369k4.gif

• Like 1

> @"Mr. Grumpy" said:

> Great thread and love your detailed posts, keep them coming. I know you are an RA2 user, but have you converted to the Gravity Fit?

> Android users, beware, the Hudl app is virtually useless,, still seems fully functional for Apple users though..

I like them both, but I am partial to the Right Angle 2. It's one of the only long game training that Butch uses with his students and he doesn't even have an endorsement deal with them so that speaks volumes.