Scotty Cameron 2019 Teryllium T22 (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @NewWildcatOrder said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > I love this putter, but I am not a fan of the grip at all. I really want to change it, but I am not going to....

> >

> > The first thing I did was pull the original grip and throw a Super Stroke Pistol GTR Tour on it. I'm really liking it so far on the two trips to the putting green I've made, just need to get out on the course!

>

> On a putter like this. I could never change the grip.. resale you know??

Don't sweat resale...changing the grip won't affect it drastically.

Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/80141-ckays-witb-duw-update-on-pg-3/page__st__60__p__7710766__hl__+ckay#entry7710766"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple of pics. I ended up doing a textured fill to have it stand out a little bit. If I let the enamel harden fully it would be smooth and shiny and was thinking it would get “lost” a litt

> @Wilkmaur said: > > @ckay said: > > > @Wilkmaur said: > > > You guys kill me with all this buying to Jack the price up and resale. It's a putter. A piece of steel, with

> @Wilkmaur said: > You guys kill me with all this buying to Jack the price up and resale. It's a putter. A piece of steel, with a little technology built in. It's made to use so use the darn

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > I love this putter, but I am not a fan of the grip at all. I really want to change it, but I am not going to....

> >

> > The first thing I did was pull the original grip and throw a Super Stroke Pistol GTR Tour on it. I'm really liking it so far on the two trips to the putting green I've made, just need to get out on the course!

>

Pull the stock shaft and leave the grip in plastic...reshaft later for resale!

• Like 2

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> >

>

Grip means very little in terms of resale value for a used Scotty, unless you're talking a CT grip or something exotic. No plans anytime soon to move it, not worried about the resale value whatsoever.

> @jtitleist12 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @NewWildcatOrder said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > I love this putter, but I am not a fan of the grip at all. I really want to change it, but I am not going to....

> > >

> > > The first thing I did was pull the original grip and throw a Super Stroke Pistol GTR Tour on it. I'm really liking it so far on the two trips to the putting green I've made, just need to get out on the course!

> >

> > On a putter like this. I could never change the grip.. resale you know??

>

> Pull the stock shaft and leave the grip in plastic...reshaft later for resale!

>

you my friend... are a genius.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

> @NewWildcatOrder said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @NewWildcatOrder said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > I love this putter, but I am not a fan of the grip at all. I really want to change it, but I am not going to....

> > >

> > > The first thing I did was pull the original grip and throw a Super Stroke Pistol GTR Tour on it. I'm really liking it so far on the two trips to the putting green I've made, just need to get out on the course!

> >

> > On a putter like this. I could never change the grip.. resale you know??

>

> Grip means very little in terms of resale value for a used Scotty, unless you're talking a CT grip or something exotic. No plans anytime soon to move it, not worried about the resale value whatsoever.

unless it still looks pristine,

You guys kill me with all this buying to Jack the price up and resale. It's a putter. A piece of steel, with a little technology built in. It's made to use so use the darn thing OMG. NO WONDER THEY RUN THE PRICE OF EQUIPMENT UP (Because people who actually want to play it arnt the ones actually buying it????. PLEASE stop the madness ?. I had to drive 5hrs to pick one up that had not had the price ran up 200.00+, so I could get one and PLAY IT. AND YES, I ALREADY CHOPPED IT UP AND PUT AN OZIK BLACK 120 PUTTER SHAFT IN IT AND ADDED A SECOND LAYER OF TAPE UNDER THE GRIP. . . . What a crazy thought right. Someone who bought it TO USE IT INTO THE DIRT....LOL

• Like 2

> @Wilkmaur said:

> You guys kill me with all this buying to Jack the price up and resale. It's a putter. A piece of steel, with a little technology built in. It's made to use so use the darn thing OMG. NO WONDER THEY RUN THE PRICE OF EQUIPMENT UP (Because people who actually want to play it arnt the ones actually buying it????. PLEASE stop the madness ?. I had to drive 5hrs to pick one up that had not had the price ran up 200.00+, so I could get one and PLAY IT. AND YES, I ALREADY CHOPPED IT UP AND PUT AN OZIK BLACK 120 PUTTER SHAFT IN IT AND ADDED A SECOND LAYER OF TAPE UNDER THE GRIP. . . . What a crazy thought right. Someone who bought it TO USE IT INTO THE DIRT....LOL

You drove 10 hours round trip to save $200??

• Like 4

Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/80141-ckays-witb-duw-update-on-pg-3/page__st__60__p__7710766__hl__+ckay#entry7710766"]WITB Link[/url]

> @NJGolfer0624 said:

> I didn’t pre-order and was able to call Golf Galaxy the day before and have them hold 2 putters for me.

> Rolled it yesterday and love it! This putter goes back to the true Cameron feel before the nonsense of the 2016 & 2018 putter line.

> It does feel about 10g heavier but I like that.

> As for the headcover, most stock Scotty headcovers aren’t good anyway with the exception of the California Art of Putting headcover. I think this one is too flashy and screams “steal me” to those who play public golf (which I do not).

>

> After using this model, I am convinced that he went to the insert since 2016 as a business decision to “sell more putters” vs keeping it the same with the 2012/2014 Select line. I hope to see more putters like this and the 2012/2014 Select line as well as earlier models.

That sounds so ignorant to say, "it is begging to be stolen at a public golf course". As if those who can't play private golf courses are somehow a bunch of disadvantaged people who have no class but at a private golf course this could just never happen. It is so easy to see why young people who are true athletes stay away from this great game....THE SNOBS THAT INFEST OUR GAME AT SO MANY LEVELS IS THE BIGGEST THREAT TO GROWTH OF ANY SPORT BEING PLAYED. JUST A MAN WITH A DOCTORATE IN PSYCHOLOGY THINKS.

> @mbbrewer said:

> > @drgolf975d said:

> > Got my Newport and have played a couple time. I've noticed that the black finish gets a lot of smear marks on it. Not sure if its the finish the way it came or just smears from handling. Anyone else notice this on their T22.

>

> Yep. I put a layer of synthetic car wax on it and it got a lot better.

...go onnnnnn. Did you just rub it on?

> @Wilkmaur said:

> > @NJGolfer0624 said:

> > I didn’t pre-order and was able to call Golf Galaxy the day before and have them hold 2 putters for me.

> > Rolled it yesterday and love it! This putter goes back to the true Cameron feel before the nonsense of the 2016 & 2018 putter line.

> > It does feel about 10g heavier but I like that.

> > As for the headcover, most stock Scotty headcovers aren’t good anyway with the exception of the California Art of Putting headcover. I think this one is too flashy and screams “steal me” to those who play public golf (which I do not).

> >

> > After using this model, I am convinced that he went to the insert since 2016 as a business decision to “sell more putters” vs keeping it the same with the 2012/2014 Select line. I hope to see more putters like this and the 2012/2014 Select line as well as earlier models.

>

> That sounds so ignorant to say, "it is begging to be stolen at a public golf course". As if those who can't play private golf courses are somehow a bunch of disadvantaged people who have no class but at a private golf course this could just never happen. It is so easy to see why young people who are true athletes stay away from this great game....THE SNOBS THAT INFEST OUR GAME AT SO MANY LEVELS IS THE BIGGEST THREAT TO GROWTH OF ANY SPORT BEING PLAYED. JUST A MAN WITH A DOCTORATE IN PSYCHOLOGY THINKS.

Chill guy. I'm sure it's more about being around a bunch of people you don't know compared to a private club where everyone is familiar with each other

Yes just rub it on let it dry and rub it off. Water will just bead right off and it will reduce the smearing on the finish

> @hwturner17 said:

> > @mbbrewer said:

> > > @drgolf975d said:

> > > Got my Newport and have played a couple time. I've noticed that the black finish gets a lot of smear marks on it. Not sure if its the finish the way it came or just smears from handling. Anyone else notice this on their T22.

> >

> > Yep. I put a layer of synthetic car wax on it and it got a lot better.

>

> ...go onnnnnn. Did you just rub it on?

> @Wilkmaur said:

> You guys kill me with all this buying to Jack the price up and resale. It's a putter. A piece of steel, with a little technology built in. It's made to use so use the darn thing OMG. NO WONDER THEY RUN THE PRICE OF EQUIPMENT UP (Because people who actually want to play it arnt the ones actually buying it????. PLEASE stop the madness ?. I had to drive 5hrs to pick one up that had not had the price ran up 200.00+, so I could get one and PLAY IT. AND YES, I ALREADY CHOPPED IT UP AND PUT AN OZIK BLACK 120 PUTTER SHAFT IN IT AND ADDED A SECOND LAYER OF TAPE UNDER THE GRIP. . . . What a crazy thought right. Someone who bought it TO USE IT INTO THE DIRT....LOL

this ^^^

Titleist TSi3 
Callaway Mavrik 15
Srixon H85 19 & 22
Titleist T200 5-GW
Titleist SM6 54 & 60
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

> @hwturner17 said:

> > @mbbrewer said:

> > > @drgolf975d said:

> > > Got my Newport and have played a couple time. I've noticed that the black finish gets a lot of smear marks on it. Not sure if its the finish the way it came or just smears from handling. Anyone else notice this on their T22.

> >

> > Yep. I put a layer of synthetic car wax on it and it got a lot better.

>

> ...go onnnnnn. Did you just rub it on?

hahaha. Reading this post made me spit out my redbull. Hahaha..

> @ckay said:

> > @Wilkmaur said:

> > You guys kill me with all this buying to Jack the price up and resale. It's a putter. A piece of steel, with a little technology built in. It's made to use so use the darn thing OMG. NO WONDER THEY RUN THE PRICE OF EQUIPMENT UP (Because people who actually want to play it arnt the ones actually buying it????. PLEASE stop the madness ?. I had to drive 5hrs to pick one up that had not had the price ran up 200.00+, so I could get one and PLAY IT. AND YES, I ALREADY CHOPPED IT UP AND PUT AN OZIK BLACK 120 PUTTER SHAFT IN IT AND ADDED A SECOND LAYER OF TAPE UNDER THE GRIP. . . . What a crazy thought right. Someone who bought it TO USE IT INTO THE DIRT....LOL

>

> You drove 10 hours round trip to save $200??

No .... I drove 7 to save 250.00 from a bunch of blood sucking clowns out here. And last time I checked 250.00 is alot of money in my house and alot of households. Not to mention spending some time with my pops. Smart ***

> @Wilkmaur said:

> > @ckay said:

> > > @Wilkmaur said:

> > > You guys kill me with all this buying to Jack the price up and resale. It's a putter. A piece of steel, with a little technology built in. It's made to use so use the darn thing OMG. NO WONDER THEY RUN THE PRICE OF EQUIPMENT UP (Because people who actually want to play it arnt the ones actually buying it????. PLEASE stop the madness ?. I had to drive 5hrs to pick one up that had not had the price ran up 200.00+, so I could get one and PLAY IT. AND YES, I ALREADY CHOPPED IT UP AND PUT AN OZIK BLACK 120 PUTTER SHAFT IN IT AND ADDED A SECOND LAYER OF TAPE UNDER THE GRIP. . . . What a crazy thought right. Someone who bought it TO USE IT INTO THE DIRT....LOL

> >

> > You drove 10 hours round trip to save $200??

>

> No .... I drove 7 to save 250.00 from a bunch of blood sucking clowns out here. And last time I checked 250.00 is alot of money in my house and alot of households. Not to mention spending some time with my pops. Smart ***

Between gas, time spent traveling and wear and tear on the car did you really save $250?

• Like 1

Just got my FB today. I think it looks even better in person. Now I just have to decide whether to keep it and remove the white paint fill or move it on to somebody else.

Cobra Speedzone 9* Project X Yellow Smoke 6.0

Nike SQ2 19* Hybrid Aldila VS Proto 95s 

Mizzy MP18 SC 4-6 MB 7-PW C-Taper S

Vokey SM7 50/08, 54/10, 58/04

Scotty T22 Fastback 1.5

I got my Newport a about 10 days ago and was able to take it out onto decent greens for the first time yesterday. 27 putts with 6 birdies will do nicely! I really got this putter for the sentimental value as I grew up with the original teryllium putter. After yesterdays round it may just find its way into the bag. I have a qualifier on Wednesday so it'll get a roll during Tuesdays practice round and see how it goes!

> @ckay said:

> > @Wilkmaur said:

> > > @ckay said:

> > > > @Wilkmaur said:

> > > > You guys kill me with all this buying to Jack the price up and resale. It's a putter. A piece of steel, with a little technology built in. It's made to use so use the darn thing OMG. NO WONDER THEY RUN THE PRICE OF EQUIPMENT UP (Because people who actually want to play it arnt the ones actually buying it????. PLEASE stop the madness ?. I had to drive 5hrs to pick one up that had not had the price ran up 200.00+, so I could get one and PLAY IT. AND YES, I ALREADY CHOPPED IT UP AND PUT AN OZIK BLACK 120 PUTTER SHAFT IN IT AND ADDED A SECOND LAYER OF TAPE UNDER THE GRIP. . . . What a crazy thought right. Someone who bought it TO USE IT INTO THE DIRT....LOL

> > >

> > > You drove 10 hours round trip to save $200??

> >

> > No .... I drove 7 to save 250.00 from a bunch of blood sucking clowns out here. And last time I checked 250.00 is alot of money in my house and alot of households. Not to mention spending some time with my pops. Smart ***

>

> If $250 is a lot of money in your house, why are you spending $600 on a putter?

Someone had to say it

• Like 1

> @hwturner17 said:

> > @ckay said:

> > > @Wilkmaur said:

> > > > @ckay said:

> > > > > @Wilkmaur said:

> > > > > You guys kill me with all this buying to Jack the price up and resale. It's a putter. A piece of steel, with a little technology built in. It's made to use so use the darn thing OMG. NO WONDER THEY RUN THE PRICE OF EQUIPMENT UP (Because people who actually want to play it arnt the ones actually buying it????. PLEASE stop the madness ?. I had to drive 5hrs to pick one up that had not had the price ran up 200.00+, so I could get one and PLAY IT. AND YES, I ALREADY CHOPPED IT UP AND PUT AN OZIK BLACK 120 PUTTER SHAFT IN IT AND ADDED A SECOND LAYER OF TAPE UNDER THE GRIP. . . . What a crazy thought right. Someone who bought it TO USE IT INTO THE DIRT....LOL

> > > >

> > > > You drove 10 hours round trip to save $200??

> > >

> > > No .... I drove 7 to save 250.00 from a bunch of blood sucking clowns out here. And last time I checked 250.00 is alot of money in my house and alot of households. Not to mention spending some time with my pops. Smart ***

> >

> > If $250 is a lot of money in your house, why are you spending $600 on a putter?

>

> Someone had to say it

Not even that.

7 hours driving @ 60mph is 420 miles, assuming a conservative 20mpg - that's 21 gallons of gas at $2.30ish is another $48. That shaft is $150. With taxes it's a minimum of $640 for the putter. Lunch is another $10.

So he's 640+48+150+10 ~ $850 right now, assuming he drove all that way and only bought one thing at the golf store and does his own shaft work.

....and there are a couple on BST right now that are $700ish shipped. So between taxes and gas he's there.

• Like 1

Bag set (hopefully) for at least a year...NOPE. Today's date is ~~10/8/2019~~. 7/16/2020 Driver:

Taylormade M5 9* (set at Standard) - Project X Smoke Black 60 6.5

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - Project X Smoke Black 70 6.5

Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 19* - Diamana D+ 90x (on the bench)

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI 2 @ 17* - Project X 6.5 (on the bench)

Irons: 2-5 Taylormade 300 Forged (1* weak) - Project X 6.5 6-9 Taylormade Smoke MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

PW: Scratch 1018 47* - Project X 6.5

GW: Scratch 1018 DOG 53* - KBS Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 1018 DD SFU bent to 59* - KBS Ctaper 130x

Putter: Bettinardi BB1 Copper Classic - 35" @ 68* and 1.5* loft. 

> @D0ch0l1d4y said:

> > @hwturner17 said:

> > > @ckay said:

> > > > @Wilkmaur said:

> > > > > @ckay said:

> > > > > > @Wilkmaur said:

> > > > > > You guys kill me with all this buying to Jack the price up and resale. It's a putter. A piece of steel, with a little technology built in. It's made to use so use the darn thing OMG. NO WONDER THEY RUN THE PRICE OF EQUIPMENT UP (Because people who actually want to play it arnt the ones actually buying it????. PLEASE stop the madness ?. I had to drive 5hrs to pick one up that had not had the price ran up 200.00+, so I could get one and PLAY IT. AND YES, I ALREADY CHOPPED IT UP AND PUT AN OZIK BLACK 120 PUTTER SHAFT IN IT AND ADDED A SECOND LAYER OF TAPE UNDER THE GRIP. . . . What a crazy thought right. Someone who bought it TO USE IT INTO THE DIRT....LOL

> > > > >

> > > > > You drove 10 hours round trip to save $200??

> > > >

> > > > No .... I drove 7 to save 250.00 from a bunch of blood sucking clowns out here. And last time I checked 250.00 is alot of money in my house and alot of households. Not to mention spending some time with my pops. Smart ***

> > >

> > > If $250 is a lot of money in your house, why are you spending $600 on a putter?

> >

> > Someone had to say it

>

> Not even that.

>

> 7 hours driving @ 60mph is 420 miles, assuming a conservative 20mpg - that's 21 gallons of gas at $2.30ish is another $48. That shaft is $150. With taxes it's a minimum of $640 for the putter. Lunch is another $10.

>

> So he's 640+48+150+10 ~ $850 right now, assuming he drove all that way and only bought one thing at the golf store and does his own shaft work.

>

> ....and there are a couple on BST right now that are $700ish shipped. So between taxes and gas he's there.

>

>

r/theydidthemath

> @Wilkmaur said:

> > @ckay said:

> > > @Wilkmaur said:

> > > You guys kill me with all this buying to Jack the price up and resale. It's a putter. A piece of steel, with a little technology built in. It's made to use so use the darn thing OMG. NO WONDER THEY RUN THE PRICE OF EQUIPMENT UP (Because people who actually want to play it arnt the ones actually buying it????. PLEASE stop the madness ?. I had to drive 5hrs to pick one up that had not had the price ran up 200.00+, so I could get one and PLAY IT. AND YES, I ALREADY CHOPPED IT UP AND PUT AN OZIK BLACK 120 PUTTER SHAFT IN IT AND ADDED A SECOND LAYER OF TAPE UNDER THE GRIP. . . . What a crazy thought right. Someone who bought it TO USE IT INTO THE DIRT....LOL

> >

>

> No .... I drove 7 to save 250.00 from a bunch of blood sucking clowns out here. And last time I checked 250.00 is alot of money in my house and alot of households. Not to mention spending some time with my pops. Smart ***

I applaud you for doing what you did. I personally would do it too just so not to support the scalpers, not to mention quality time with pops = priceless!

2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H, Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

> @hwturner17 said:

> > @D0ch0l1d4y said:

> > > @hwturner17 said:

> > > > @ckay said:

> > > > > @Wilkmaur said:

> > > > > > @ckay said:

> > > > > > > @Wilkmaur said:

> > > > > > > You guys kill me with all this buying to Jack the price up and resale. It's a putter. A piece of steel, with a little technology built in. It's made to use so use the darn thing OMG. NO WONDER THEY RUN THE PRICE OF EQUIPMENT UP (Because people who actually want to play it arnt the ones actually buying it????. PLEASE stop the madness ?. I had to drive 5hrs to pick one up that had not had the price ran up 200.00+, so I could get one and PLAY IT. AND YES, I ALREADY CHOPPED IT UP AND PUT AN OZIK BLACK 120 PUTTER SHAFT IN IT AND ADDED A SECOND LAYER OF TAPE UNDER THE GRIP. . . . What a crazy thought right. Someone who bought it TO USE IT INTO THE DIRT....LOL

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You drove 10 hours round trip to save $200??

> > > > >

> > > > > No .... I drove 7 to save 250.00 from a bunch of blood sucking clowns out here. And last time I checked 250.00 is alot of money in my house and alot of households. Not to mention spending some time with my pops. Smart ***

> > > >

> > > > If $250 is a lot of money in your house, why are you spending $600 on a putter?

> > >

> > > Someone had to say it

> >

> > Not even that.

> >

> > 7 hours driving @ 60mph is 420 miles, assuming a conservative 20mpg - that's 21 gallons of gas at $2.30ish is another $48. That shaft is $150. With taxes it's a minimum of $640 for the putter. Lunch is another $10.

> >

> > So he's 640+48+150+10 ~ $850 right now, assuming he drove all that way and only bought one thing at the golf store and does his own shaft work.

> >

> > ....and there are a couple on BST right now that are $700ish shipped. So between taxes and gas he's there.

> >

> >

>

> r/theydidthemath

Well F me...there's a rabbit hole I didn't know existed.

Bag set (hopefully) for at least a year...NOPE. Today's date is ~~10/8/2019~~. 7/16/2020 Driver:

Taylormade M5 9* (set at Standard) - Project X Smoke Black 60 6.5

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - Project X Smoke Black 70 6.5

Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 19* - Diamana D+ 90x (on the bench)

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI 2 @ 17* - Project X 6.5 (on the bench)

Irons: 2-5 Taylormade 300 Forged (1* weak) - Project X 6.5 6-9 Taylormade Smoke MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

PW: Scratch 1018 47* - Project X 6.5

GW: Scratch 1018 DOG 53* - KBS Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 1018 DD SFU bent to 59* - KBS Ctaper 130x

Putter: Bettinardi BB1 Copper Classic - 35" @ 68* and 1.5* loft. 

>@Wilkmaur said:

> > @ckay said:

> > > @Wilkmaur said:

> >

>

These are still moving steadily on eBay but not commanding the same prices as last week and earlier. Definitely can be had for less than $250 over retail. One guy on FB today sold two for $625 each.