Course between Bellingham and Renton

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courses close to Bellingham; North Bellingham, nice course, in great shape when I played it a month or so ago. Shuksan, always fun to play, no idea how the conditions are this year. I have played Avalon a few times, not bad, but somehow it's not memorable to me. Agree with bellken about the traffic, I hate driving the 405 during the day!

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
Mizuno ST 180 5 wood, set to 16*
Srixon H85 20* hybrid
Srixon H85 22* hybrid
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-AW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Mizuno S18 58* wedge
Cleveland VP Milled No. 3 putter

@TheShaun

Without knowing anything about you or what kind of experience you're looking for it's hard to make the best suggestion.

I've played most of the courses that have come up so far and found them all to be fun so you have good options to choose from. Though admittedly Eaglemont has fans and detractors.

Out of the course's listed, by far North Bellingham is my personal favorite but that doesn't mean there are not other decent choices depending on what you want out of the experience?

Example [Druids Glen](https://www.mapquest.com/directions/from/us/wa/renton-282039590/to/us/washington/druids-glen-golf-club-366324509 "Druids Glen") as mentioned above is a beautiful big boned lay-out just past Renton or [Chambers Bay](https://www.mapquest.com/directions/from/us/wa/renton-282039590/to/us/washington/chambers-bay-26902488 "Chambers") is like 15 miles farther from Renton than Druids but only a 10 minute longer drive depending on traffic and Chambers has been on TV is extremely photogenic, has cool swag, and plays differently than most of the courses in the region and never mind the recent rain it's high summer now so it's a perfect time to play there if you can make it work. Neither CB nor Druids are nearly as friendly in the "bumper seasons."

Your friends will want to know about Chambers vs North Bellingham which they all know about already presumably.

> @CMCSGolf said:

> I'll nominate North Bellingham. Avalon is nice as well. I'll also vote against Echo and Eaglemont. Eaglemont isn't bad, but it's just not my preference for type of course I enjoy. I think Echo is a terrible course with power lines all through the front nine.

Echo Falls is short, quirky, hilly and a tough walk from what I've heard. I've never played it based on those reasons, despite living 15 minutes from it.

> @erichake said:

> > @CMCSGolf said:

> > I'll nominate North Bellingham. Avalon is nice as well. I'll also vote against Echo and Eaglemont. Eaglemont isn't bad, but it's just not my preference for type of course I enjoy. I think Echo is a terrible course with power lines all through the front nine.

>

> Echo Falls is short, quirky, hilly and a tough walk from what I've heard. I've never played it based on those reasons, despite living 15 minutes from it.

1- on the shorter side (6k from the blues),

2- wouldn't call it quirky

3/4- never had issue walking it aside from the green to tee on 11/12, which is a hike.

To each their own, but given the other options in the area it's a solid track. The power lines only come into play on one hole on the front. Other than that things need to go seriously awry for them to be a factor.

Callaway Epic Speed- 8*

Callaway Rogue 5w

Srixon ZX7 4-PW

Titleist SM8- 50*, 54*, 58*

TaylorMade Spider Tour

Titleist ProV1

Thanks all for the suggestions. I have played N. Bellingham several times but not anytime recently. I have also played Chambers each of the last 3 years. Right now, I'm digging the idea of playing 27 at Avalon and continuing on my merry way to Renton. Would be looking to tee off around 8am with the goal of hitting Renton at 3ish.

As for Avalon, if 27 is not possible, which of the 2 nines are preferred?

Avalon sounds lovely.

Renton at 3?

Doesn't that entail... Bellevue at 1:00? I fully admit that I am not the EASIEST going guy nor do I like getting stuck in OPT Other peoples traffic. I haven't dealt with that commute any time recently but I'd imagine we're talking about 45 mins at least on 405 from Lynnwood to Renton? I've been caught in Traffic in Everett on the way to Bellingham or BC and on the way back and 405 deserves a fair bit of respect I think.

> @SuperPapaBear said:

> The north and south nines are the two best at Avalon. The west nine is target golf. It's only 3,231 yards from the tips.

> I'm curious to hear why people don't like Eaglemont. Every time I've played it's been great.

@SuperPapaBear I haven't played Eaglemont in a long time. And I used to feel like you. But in brief I just say Eaglemont is like The Classic w/o the fairways.

> @JAMH03 said:

> Avalon sounds lovely.

> Renton at 3?

>

> Doesn't that entail... Bellevue at 1:00? I fully admit that I am not the EASIEST going guy nor do I like getting stuck in OPT Other peoples traffic. I haven't dealt with that commute any time recently but I'd imagine we're talking about 45 mins at least on 405 from Lynnwood to Renton? I've been caught in Traffic in Everett on the way to Bellingham or BC and on the way back and 405 deserves a fair bit of respect I think.

>

>

It is only about 5 miles from Bellevue to Renton, 20-40 minutes should be plenty of time from Bellevue to Renton around that time of day. I don't know much about Everett to Bellevue, but, commuting around Seattle can be painful, but, there are windows in the commute, where traffic flows, and, if you hit it right, Everett to Renton could be a less than 45 minute drive, or a 90 minute drive.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...