Jump to content

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a great round today and broke 90 for the first time, with an 89. That one and a half footer on 18 was intense. No 7’s or 8’s on the scorecard, just steady golf 

Made the drive up to Arcadia Bluffs from Benton Harbor. Once I got my clubs out of my car and saw the clubhouse, it was like the first time I went to Disney World as a kid and you are in awe of the pl

Last Wednesday a 20 year golf friend who I've play all over the country with, our own VNutz and I played Rich Harvest farms with the golf coach of my beloved NIU Huskies. Rich Harvest Farms is more li

Posted Images

Blackstone on Fri/Sat for the McHenry Co. Am tourney.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not that the thread has lost popularity, I think it's just that there is an error that the thread is not updating on the page corresponding to the date/time of the last post.

TEE EXS 220 10.5* - Testing continues - Accra TZ6 55M4 at 44.5”
TEE XCG7B 2h 17* -Aldila Tour Blue 85 
TEE XCG7B 4h 22* Aldila Rogue Blk85
TEE XCG7B 5h 25*- Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length Multiple sets with different shafts 
Vokey SM4 52-08F S200
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit; looks like its working again

 

TEE EXS 220 10.5* - Testing continues - Accra TZ6 55M4 at 44.5”
TEE XCG7B 2h 17* -Aldila Tour Blue 85 
TEE XCG7B 4h 22* Aldila Rogue Blk85
TEE XCG7B 5h 25*- Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length Multiple sets with different shafts 
Vokey SM4 52-08F S200
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry, completely out of it.

didn't realize this was the new thread.

maybe the old thread was too big for it to update correctly.

TEE EXS 220 10.5* - Testing continues - Accra TZ6 55M4 at 44.5”
TEE XCG7B 2h 17* -Aldila Tour Blue 85 
TEE XCG7B 4h 22* Aldila Rogue Blk85
TEE XCG7B 5h 25*- Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length Multiple sets with different shafts 
Vokey SM4 52-08F S200
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mt Prospect tonite

TEE EXS 220 10.5* - Testing continues - Accra TZ6 55M4 at 44.5”
TEE XCG7B 2h 17* -Aldila Tour Blue 85 
TEE XCG7B 4h 22* Aldila Rogue Blk85
TEE XCG7B 5h 25*- Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length Multiple sets with different shafts 
Vokey SM4 52-08F S200
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

Link to post
Share on other sites

DP you should play in it. The tourney director is still filling spots.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
Link to post
Share on other sites

Upcoming rounds through the weekend include Sunset Ridge tomorrow, Arrowhead on Saturday and Veteran's Memorial (formerly WIllow Glen) on Sunday. That'll make 27 rounds this year as of July 14, compared to only 16 rounds through mid-July last year. Hoping to get to 60+ this year, which will put me back in the pre-marriage/kids range.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I noticed the name change on Willow Glen. Curious when they did that.

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G400 7wd 20.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff 43"
Ping G400 9wd 23.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff
Ping G400 26 and 30 hybrids - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 7-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Symphonize said:

> Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

 

Played Prairie Isle on Sunday. Course is in excellent shape.

Titleist TS3 10.5*
Titleist TS2 15*
Titleist 915 FD 18*
Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 22*
Mizuno MP 18 SC (5-PW)
Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @TheBear95 said:

> > @Symphonize said:

> > Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

>

> Played Prairie Isle on Sunday. Course is in excellent shape.

 

It doesn't get enough love for the layout. Very unique...lots of undulation to the fairways and it doesn't seem to get a ton of play. They need to figure out how to incorporate a range into the facility.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @TheBear95 said:

> > > @Symphonize said:

> > > Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

> >

> > Played Prairie Isle on Sunday. Course is in excellent shape.

>

> It doesn't get enough love for the layout. Very unique...lots of undulation to the fairways and it doesn't seem to get a ton of play. They need to figure out how to incorporate a range into the facility.

 

Big fan of the course. The conditioning has been solid each time I've gone there and I like the mostly parkland layout. To be honest, I prefer PI over it's more popular neighbors, Foxford Hills and Chalet Hills.

  • Like 1

Titleist TS3 10.5*
Titleist TS2 15*
Titleist 915 FD 18*
Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 22*
Mizuno MP 18 SC (5-PW)
Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @TheBear95 said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @TheBear95 said:

> > > > @Symphonize said:

> > > > Supposed to hit up Prairie Isle on Saturday but my playing partner had to go to the ER last night and had some blood clots in his leg. Not DVT’s and just put him on aspirin, but not sure what his status will be for Saturday

> > >

> > > Played Prairie Isle on Sunday. Course is in excellent shape.

> >

> > It doesn't get enough love for the layout. Very unique...lots of undulation to the fairways and it doesn't seem to get a ton of play. They need to figure out how to incorporate a range into the facility.

>

> Big fan of the course. The conditioning has been solid each time I've gone there and I like the mostly parkland layout. To be honest, I prefer PI over it's more popular neighbors, Foxford Hills and Chalet Hills.

 

The location isn’t ideal as Prairie Grove is kind of in no-man’s land as far as toll road/highway access is concerned. Of course, Foxford and Chalet Hills are 5 minutes away and the former isn’t hurting for business while the latter has nearly constant league play. I wish it got more love because I like to see successful courses, but the current value there is so good ($29 after 12:00 on weekends; $23 after 3:00 on weekends) that I selfishly don’t want it to get TOO popular.

  • Like 1

Mizuno ST190G 9° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6S

Mizuno ST190 TS 15° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Titleist 917F2 18° w/ Aldila Rogue Black 80 Stiff

Titleist 816H2 21° w/ Aldila Rogue Max 85 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour w/ KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Honma TW W4 50°(9°)/54°(10°)/58°(8°) w/ Nippon Modus 125

Bettinardi Queen B #6 Black

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from 54 holes down in the Indianapolis area, I put a full report on the main page. Great two days but damn my back didn't hold up and the heat was brutal.

Taylormade M3 8.5* Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73x Taylormade M3 3 Wood Accra FX 300 Taylormade M3 5 wood Accra FX 300 Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW TT X100 MG2 50/54/58 S400 TM Itsy Bitsy

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @mci711 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > Just got back from 54 holes down in the Indianapolis area, I put a full report on the main page. Great two days but **** my back didn't hold up and the heat was brutal.

>

> How was Joliet GC when you went there recently - condition wise?

 

Good, greens rolled nice, fairways were firm and fast.

 

Taylormade M3 8.5* Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73x Taylormade M3 3 Wood Accra FX 300 Taylormade M3 5 wood Accra FX 300 Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW TT X100 MG2 50/54/58 S400 TM Itsy Bitsy

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @"Holy Moses" said:

> > Highlands of Elgin today. Should be the firmest it has played in some time.

>

> They seem to put a lot of water on the course and sometimes the front of greens are soft. Will be interested to hear about the conditions.

 

That is my one disappointment with the course. I play there expecting firm and fast conditions, which I think it is laid out for, but every time it is soft and over watered. Last time it hadn't rained in I don't know how long and I had a mud ball just about anytime I hit a fairway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @mci711 said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @"Holy Moses" said:

> > > Highlands of Elgin today. Should be the firmest it has played in some time.

> >

> > They seem to put a lot of water on the course and sometimes the front of greens are soft. Will be interested to hear about the conditions.

>

> That is my one disappointment with the course. I play there expecting firm and fast conditions, which I think it is laid out for, but every time it is soft and over watered. Last time it hadn't rained in I don't know how long and I had a mud ball just about anytime I hit a fairway.

 

They have a great course, practice area, etc. They run it well, too. It seems as though they think the course has to be plush green to be enjoyable. A true links course really isn't supposed to be green everywhere. It's supposed to be as nature "manages" it with some limitations. You've got to keep the greens alive and not let them get to the point of being fast and unmanageable but I'd be OK if the course faded a bit. Makes it even more linksy, if that's a word.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @mci711 said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > @"Holy Moses" said:

> > > > Highlands of Elgin today. Should be the firmest it has played in some time.

> > >

> > > They seem to put a lot of water on the course and sometimes the front of greens are soft. Will be interested to hear about the conditions.

> >

> > That is my one disappointment with the course. I play there expecting firm and fast conditions, which I think it is laid out for, but every time it is soft and over watered. Last time it hadn't rained in I don't know how long and I had a mud ball just about anytime I hit a fairway.

>

> They have a great course, practice area, etc. They run it well, too. It seems as though they think the course has to be plush green to be enjoyable. A true links course really isn't supposed to be green everywhere. It's supposed to be as nature "manages" it with some limitations. You've got to keep the greens alive and not let them get to the point of being fast and unmanageable but I'd be OK if the course faded a bit. Makes it even more linksy, if that's a word.

 

Completely agree. It's like their superintendent is scared to let it get firm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Highlands of Elgin falls under the Elgin Park District. My guess is if they made it firm and fast it would generally mean more brown as well, which to the uneducated golfer might make it look like it wasn't being maintained properly, and to the less experienced golfer more difficult to play, both of which would likely lead to taxpayers complaining about tax dollar usage. As it currently is they water the heck out of it, but it looks amazing all the time to the residents that show up to eat at the Grumpy Goat so they think it's being run well, the Super remains in good standing, as does the head of the park district, and the town doesn't have to answer a ton of questions and complaints. Works for everybody. Just my own speculation, no evidence behind it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

> @VNutz said:

> Highlands of Elgin falls under the Elgin Park District. My guess is if they made it firm and fast it would generally mean more brown as well, which to the uneducated golfer might make it look like it wasn't being maintained properly, and to the less experienced golfer more difficult to play, both of which would likely lead to taxpayers complaining about tax dollar usage. As it currently is they water the heck out of it, but it looks amazing all the time to the residents that show up to eat at the Grumpy Goat so they think it's being run well, the Super remains in good standing, as does the head of the park district, and the town doesn't have to answer a ton of questions and complaints. Works for everybody. Just my own speculation, no evidence behind it.

 

Good points! Everything always comes down to money. I can't wait to play in Scotland next month and experience true firm and fast.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @VNutz said:

> Highlands of Elgin falls under the Elgin Park District. My guess is if they made it firm and fast it would generally mean more brown as well, which to the uneducated golfer might make it look like it wasn't being maintained properly, and to the less experienced golfer more difficult to play, both of which would likely lead to taxpayers complaining about tax dollar usage. As it currently is they water the heck out of it, but it looks amazing all the time to the residents that show up to eat at the Grumpy Goat so they think it's being run well, the Super remains in good standing, as does the head of the park district, and the town doesn't have to answer a ton of questions and complaints. Works for everybody. Just my own speculation, no evidence behind it.

 

I'm sure this is spot-on. This is emblematic of golf in general - at least in the US - where people see on TV all the lush green courses regularly played by the PGA tour. That has to color the general golfing public's perception of what a quality golf course should look like, so anything leaning towards brownish hues is probably thought of as poor condition.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @mci711 said:

> > @VNutz said:

> > Highlands of Elgin falls under the Elgin Park District. My guess is if they made it firm and fast it would generally mean more brown as well, which to the uneducated golfer might make it look like it wasn't being maintained properly, and to the less experienced golfer more difficult to play, both of which would likely lead to taxpayers complaining about tax dollar usage. As it currently is they water the heck out of it, but it looks amazing all the time to the residents that show up to eat at the Grumpy Goat so they think it's being run well, the Super remains in good standing, as does the head of the park district, and the town doesn't have to answer a ton of questions and complaints. Works for everybody. Just my own speculation, no evidence behind it.

>

> Good points! Everything always comes down to money. I can't wait to play in Scotland next month and experience true firm and fast.

 

Jealous!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...