Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

On 11/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, TheBear95 said:

they would still be open if the four horsemen of the apocalypse came raining down

really liked that bit of prose..

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

Great day at the crook!

20 mph south winds kept the challenge up but what a nice walk

had been a couple years since I played Shepherd’s

always a pleasure 

Edited by geochitown
  • Like 3

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

4 minutes ago, Apindara said:

Great walking course. Minimal green to tee box spacing. My favorite good walk.  How were the greens holding up?

the greens are holding up

very welL minimal ball marks and running true and quicjk

if I could I would go play again on Friday 

Edited by geochitown

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

A few photos from today

81EDD8A7-7C49-4D56-B2A9-4CB17ABEA361.jpeg

A8A79DFD-044C-4961-AD30-4CA5BCEDE5B2.jpeg

1E27E068-FDD2-4564-AEA1-6F6BF91088B4.jpeg

2D4F1CBE-3361-46F8-A823-58CCD6ADE8B3.jpeg

• Like 4

TM TP5x

6 hours ago, geochitown said:

Great day at the crook!

20 mph south winds kept the challenge up but what a nice walk

had been a couple years since I played Shepherd’s

always a pleasure 

a great three season course. such different looks in spring and fall when the tall grasses aren't in full height.

number five is one of my all time favs with the trees framing the green.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

10 hours ago, @_the_crook said:

a great three season course. such different looks in spring and fall when the tall grasses aren't in full height.

number five is one of my all time favs with the trees framing the green.

number 5 green site is a beauty

They are taking down a few trees and taking out the brush in the area between 7th and 8 green and 12th fairway.

Should be nice in the summer.

I wonder if they are doing what other parts of lake county forest preserves are doing?

Clearing out buckthorn and less desirable trees to give the oaks a chance to survive/flourish.

TM TP5x

11 hours ago, geochitown said:

A few photos from today

That looks like fun. Never been there. Putting it on the list.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

updates have been posted to the Northbrook Park District site re: Sportsman's renovation.

thought you might be interested in progress and pictures.

link direct to the site.

https://www.nbparks.org/about/district-projects/sportsmans-country-club/

• Like 1

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

Bull Valley tomorrow to close out the season, hopefully the winds calm down.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

1 minute ago, DavePelz4 said:

We're very blessed to have bonus golf but please remember to be socially distant and wear masks. Played today at a location where the bar was open and everyone who was in there totalling 10+ people who refused to wear a mask. Golf itself is safe, stupidity isn't.

... I wish I could say I am shocked, but of course I am not. 

• Like 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, DavePelz4 said:

We're very blessed to have bonus golf but please remember to be socially distant and wear masks. Played today at a location where the bar was open and everyone who was in there totalling 10+ people who refused to wear a mask. Golf itself is safe, stupidity isn't.

So stupid. I played Mistwood yesterday and was pretty happy to not be paired up. It was obviously slow as a single, but I just played multiple balls and chipped and putted on every hole. That being said, everyone I did see had masks on and they had plenty of signs posted that you must have one to enter. I know Argonne has brought it up in the past, but there is no reason at all that we should even have to enter the pro shop, it is 2020, everything should be online. 

• Like 1

Annual Black Friday event at Big Run coming up. Can't wait! 😶

• Like 1

[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Hoping to play Sunday. And that the courses dry out a bit 

TM TP5x

17 minutes ago, @_the_crook said:

Hope everyone had the opportunity to sit down and share a plate of food with someone they cherish today.

If not, remember those you miss with a kind thought or word.

These times have stressed the importance of connections.

Our family and friends are geographically scattered a bit more now than in years past.

We were able to perform 'drive-bys' for ones close and message the others far.

Meals delivered and smiles brightened the day.

We are refreshed and restored.

Best to all.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bear and I played Whisper Creek today. The course was a sloppy mess with spongy fairways, zero roll and standard issue Billy Casper greens but when the sun came out it at least warmed up considerably. Granted, we didn’t get any sun until about the 15th hole. We played with a guy who had glaucoma. I wondered why he walked to Bear’s ball on the first hole when Bear’s drive was in the fairway and his was on the range. That’s why. I spotted for him and it was fine. We played in 3:40 and rarely had to stop. I had absolutely no distance today off the tee but my wedges and putter saved me. Birdie on 10 also helped. 77. 

• Like 2

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Yesterday at Heart Attack Hill.

20201127_144558.jpg.2c2733e874367b6b5bf59288015969ff.jpg

• Like 3

[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Heart attack or s**t yer pants!

TM TP5x

Got out to GCI yesterday. The course is in OK shape but at $53, definitely overpriced. There was 1 person in the bar who was the starter, pro shop person, bartender and everything else. At the point of reservation, they said the range was closed and the course wouldn't open until 10 so it appeared we'd have the 3rd tee time of the day.  Um...no.  Range open and they must have let people go out whenever they wanted.  Bunkers were in extremely rough shape and the majority were dirt/mud.

Long round and I remembered why I always have a difficult time driving the ball there.  With the course being so open, there aren't many holes with good sight lines. Managed to reach 11 in 3...hit a 3W in for the third shot and got a lucky bounce to get on. 

... Played my last round at Naperbrook before moving to Phoenix next month. Had the pleasure of playing with an Asian Dad and his 12 yr old son, an only child. I mention only child because he interacted with me right from the first tee like I was someone he knew, completely comfortable talking with a 67 yr old stranger. He was big for his age, more like a 15 yr old but a really nice game for a 12 yr old. I am guessing he shot somewhere in the low to mid 80's and only because he hit a few pop up drives working on a swing change. Just a really solid al around game and he out drove me twice playing from the same tees. 

... None of my business of course and I was not asked for my opinion so I kept it to myself but he switched from Titleist AP3's to Titleist 2018 CB's at the beginning of the summer and it was obviously not a good fit. I am guessing it is the old "it will make you a better ball striker and you will grow into them" silly WRX mantra. He could most definitely use a little more forgiveness and a higher trajectory as most of his shots were just too low, so not only perimeter weighting but more sole weight would be a much better fit for his game. He hit down and through nicely for any age let alone a 12 yr old and a different iron would just reward his dec ent swings much better. If he wanted to stay with Titleist, I think T100 irons or T100-S would have been a much better choice than those almost MB like CB's that were clearly too much club for him at this time. 

... All in all just a real treat for my last Chicago round of golf. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Played my last round at Naperbrook before moving to Phoenix next month. Had the pleasure of playing with an Asian Dad and his 12 yr old son, an only child. I mention only child because he interacted with me right from the first tee like I was someone he knew, completely comfortable talking with a 67 yr old stranger. He was big for his age, more like a 15 yr old but a really nice game for a 12 yr old. I am guessing he shot somewhere in the low to mid 80's and only because he hit a few pop up drives working on a swing change. Just a really solid al around game and he out drove me twice playing from the same tees. 

... None of my business of course and I was not asked for my opinion so I kept it to myself but he switched from Titleist AP3's to Titleist 2018 CB's at the beginning of the summer and it was obviously not a good fit. I am guessing it is the old "it will make you a better ball striker and you will grow into them" silly WRX mantra. He could most definitely use a little more forgiveness and a higher trajectory as most of his shots were just too low, so not only perimeter weighting but more sole weight would be a much better fit for his game. He hit down and through nicely for any age let alone a 12 yr old and a different iron would just reward his dec ent swings much better. If he wanted to stay with Titleist, I think T100 irons or T100-S would have been a much better choice than those almost MB like CB's that were clearly too much club for him at this time. 

... All in all just a real treat for my last Chicago round of golf. 

Are you moving for good or just the winter? Either way, safe travels and enjoy AZ. 

... Thanks. Phoenix forever. I grew up in the South but moved here in 78 expecting to stay 1 maybe 2 years max, so I am finally getting back to a warm climate.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Thanks. Phoenix forever. I grew up in the South but moved here in 78 expecting to stay 1 maybe 2 years max, so I am finally getting back to a warm climate.

congrats. Your posts will be missed 

• Like 1

TM TP5x

10 hours ago, DavePelz4 said:

Got out to GCI yesterday. The course is in OK shape but at $53, definitely overpriced. There was 1 person in the bar who was the starter, pro shop person, bartender and everything else. At the point of reservation, they said the range was closed and the course wouldn't open until 10 so it appeared we'd have the 3rd tee time of the day.  Um...no.  Range open and they must have let people go out whenever they wanted.  Bunkers were in extremely rough shape and the majority were dirt/mud.

Long round and I remembered why I always have a difficult time driving the ball there.  With the course being so open, there aren't many holes with good sight lines. Managed to reach 11 in 3...hit a 3W in for the third shot and got a lucky bounce to get on. 

I have the same issues off the tee at GCI. I always drive it poorly there. Just doesn't fit my eye.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo Belly No Belly

13 hours ago, DavePelz4 said:

$53 for GCI? Huh? I don’t have issues driving it there except for on 9 but I’ve never paid more than $32 for a round there. 

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Well, I have two weeks off of work to quarantine and not leave the house now as my significant other tested positive for Covid (and try not to catch it myself if I don’t already have it). Anyone have any recommendations for shows to binge or movies to watch? Just finished the new season of Fargo last night. Think I am going to buy PGA2K21 and try to play some golf since I can’t get out on the course actually. 

4 minutes ago, Symphonize said:

Well, I have two weeks off of work to quarantine and not leave the house now as my significant other tested positive for Covid (and try not to catch it myself if I don’t already have it). Anyone have any recommendations for shows to binge or movies to watch? Just finished the new season of Fargo last night. Think I am going to buy PGA2K21 and try to play some golf since I can’t get out on the course actually. 

Twin Peaks

1 hour ago, Symphonize said:

Best of luck that it avoids you somehow. It might seem unlikely but somebody I know came down with it and somehow didn't spread it to his wife or 3 kids.

What are you into and what do you have access to? If you've got Amazon Prime, Netflix or Disney+ there's no shortage of things to binge. I recently went back and re-watched Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime, as well as some other things on Netflix. I'm saving the new season of Mandalorian for the depths of this winter that I'm sure are coming.