Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

4 minutes ago, Symphonize said:

Well, I have two weeks off of work to quarantine and not leave the house now as my significant other tested positive for Covid (and try not to catch it myself if I don’t already have it). Anyone have any recommendations for shows to binge or movies to watch? Just finished the new season of Fargo last night. Think I am going to buy PGA2K21 and try to play some golf since I can’t get out on the course actually. 

Twin Peaks

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a great round today and broke 90 for the first time, with an 89. That one and a half footer on 18 was intense. No 7’s or 8’s on the scorecard, just steady golf 

Last Wednesday a 20 year golf friend who I've play all over the country with, our own VNutz and I played Rich Harvest farms with the golf coach of my beloved NIU Huskies. Rich Harvest Farms is more li

Hope everyone had the opportunity to sit down and share a plate of food with someone they cherish today. If not, remember those you miss with a kind thought or word. These times have stresse

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Symphonize said:

Well, I have two weeks off of work to quarantine and not leave the house now as my significant other tested positive for Covid (and try not to catch it myself if I don’t already have it). Anyone have any recommendations for shows to binge or movies to watch? Just finished the new season of Fargo last night. Think I am going to buy PGA2K21 and try to play some golf since I can’t get out on the course actually. 

Best of luck that it avoids you somehow. It might seem unlikely but somebody I know came down with it and somehow didn't spread it to his wife or 3 kids.

What are you into and what do you have access to? If you've got Amazon Prime, Netflix or Disney+ there's no shortage of things to binge. I recently went back and re-watched Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime, as well as some other things on Netflix. I'm saving the new season of Mandalorian for the depths of this winter that I'm sure are coming.

1 hour ago, Symphonize said:

My wife and I just finished The Queen's Gambit which was really good, but only 1 season. If you're looking for something funny/light Ted Lasso was a nice watch, also only 1 season. I think Ozark may be the best show that is still currently in production - kind of like a redneck southern missouri Breaking Bad, 3 seasons. 

Thoughts with you and your SO, hopefully a quick and easy recovery! 

... Yup, as an actor I think Better Call Saul is one of the best shows ever made. The cinematography is mind boggling every single show. I have never seen anything like it. Of course it is also very well written with great performances. I agree Ozark is also a special must show. Those 2 alone can keep you busy for quite awhile. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Callaway Super Hybrid 17*  ... Diamana Limited 65R

TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
4-Wedge Cobra King MIM Tour ... Nippon 950GH
Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950GH
Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950GH
Cleveland Huntington 11S ... 33.5"
2 minutes ago, VNutz said:

Ozark is good, but be in a a good mood going into that. I binged some of it this spring at the beginning of lockdowns and between the situation around and the overall darkness of the show, it really had me down. Breaking Bad can do the same.

... Good point, very dark show. Especially if you have anyone dealing with mental illness in your family. 

• Like 2

We have access to Prime, netflix, YouTube tv, and Hulu, and I think we can get Disney Plus too. So pretty much everything.

Have watched Ozark, such a great, dark series. enjoyed breaking Bad, The Wire might me my favorite shows of all time. Enjoy documentary type shows, especially drama/reenactment ones (not sure what to call them) like The People vs OJ Simpson. Might finish up Schitts creek for some lighter humor, haven’t watched that in a few months. 

We have heard a lot about Queens Gambit, my SO is currently reading the book so we are going to watch that after she’s done. 

Watching shows Together but in Separate rooms takes me back to a few years ago when we were long distance and would call each other on the phone to make sure we were at the same time stamp on the show or movie we were watching. Fun times. 

I tested positive for Covid just over 2 weeks ago... was going in to have surgery to fix my broken clavicle (needless to say, my golf season ended earlier than expected) and tested positive pre-op. I never would have known I had it if i didn't have surgery. Never had a single symptom, but tested positive twice. I didn't pass it to my wife or little girl, so fingers crossed you have the same luck!

Shows I would recommend:

• Peaky Blinders
  • Ozark
  • Queen's Gambit
  • Billions

The Letterman "My Next Guest Needs no Introduction" is decent... just depends on the guest.

Titleist TS2 Titleist TS2 3w Titleist 818 H1 Titleist T100 5-PW Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, 60* Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport

12 hours ago, ldchristopher said:

$53 for GCI? Huh? I don’t have issues driving it there except for on 9 but I’ve never paid more than $32 for a round there. 

I was shocked when she said $53. With you on never having paid anywhere near that much before. I did ride with a friend who is coming off foot surgery but even with that, very highly priced.

With that one person being the only employee that day, I can only imagine the look on the face of the person who had to deal with all the carts on Sunday morning.  Looked worse than the Eisenhowser  in rush hour with snow.

... I will be long gone but kinda surprised to get an email saying Naperbrook/Springbrook will be open all winter this year. No carts but I am guessing nobody would ride in the cold when walking is the only thing to keep you warm. Might be good info if you guys get one of those 45-50* days unexpectedly. 

16 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I will be long gone but kinda surprised to get an email saying Naperbrook/Springbrook will be open all winter this year. No carts but I am guessing nobody would ride in the cold when walking is the only thing to keep you warm. Might be good info if you guys get one of those 45-50* days unexpectedly. 

They're keeping the courses open, weather permitting. Historically, once there is a covering of snow, they shut everything down.  But it was surprising to see them keep both courses open until that point as they usually alternate closing courses to try and hold the conditions, hence that ugly pin placement on 18 at NB. 

Saturday at 43 and sunny isn't all that bad!

LE MOT BEAUTY
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.cmail20.com%2Fe

Springbrook and Naperbrook will remain open, weather permitting, this winter!

Off-season rates continue through March 31, 2021

• All green fees are discounted
  • Twilight rates begin at 12:00 PM daily
  • Weekday afternoon rates as low as $15
  • Senior rates as low as $12

2 hours ago, cpeck12 said:

I tested positive for Covid just over 2 weeks ago... was going in to have surgery to fix my broken clavicle (needless to say, my golf season ended earlier than expected) and tested positive pre-op. I never would have known I had it if i didn't have surgery. Never had a single symptom, but tested positive twice. I didn't pass it to my wife or little girl, so fingers crossed you have the same luck!

Shows I would recommend:

• Peaky Blinders
  • Ozark
  • Queen's Gambit
  • Billions

The Letterman "My Next Guest Needs no Introduction" is decent... just depends on the guest.

Sorry to hear about your clavicle and your delayed surgery. That’s good that you didn’t pass it along to the family. 

Loved Billions, although it has definitely fallen off in season 5. Succession was another great show. Can’t wait for season 3 

6 hours ago, Symphonize said:

You could always read. Just a wild thought from way out of left field. Not sure what you’re into but in two weeks you could knock out some quality literature. Or watch Cobra Kai. Nothing better than 25 year olds playing teenagers while Ralph Macchio continues to defy the aging process. 

Mizuno ST200 10.5° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS Stiff

Mizuno ST200 TS 15° w/ Fujikura Evolution II 661 Stiff

Titleist 917F2 18° w/ Fujikura Evolution II 661 Stiff

Titleist 816H2 21° w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 Stiff

Honma TW747v 4-10 w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Honma TW W4 50°(9°)/54°(10°)/58°(8°) w/ Nippon Modus 125

Piretti Matera FN

10 minutes ago, Symphonize said:

Sorry to hear about your clavicle and your delayed surgery. That’s good that you didn’t pass it along to the family. 

Loved Billions, although it has definitely fallen off in season 5. Succession was another great show. Can’t wait for season 3 

They actually still did the surgery... they just had to take lots of extra precautions. My break was so bad that the doctor didn't want to delay fixing it... I'm now the lucky owner of a plate and 9 screws!

Titleist TS2 Titleist TS2 3w Titleist 818 H1 Titleist T100 5-PW Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, 60* Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport

... I am packing up to move to Phoenix and I have too many electric carts. 3 remote and when push behind. I thought I would give you guys a shot at one of them. It is a Mottocaddy S7 Remote controlled cart that sold for $1899 new. Comes with everything including the original box, remote, battery and charger. US Service center for Mottocaddy is in Aurora so if something ever goes wrong they are right here which is very convenient. 

It is 3-4 years old but I have not used it much because I prefer the Zip Navigator. It is in great shape. I would like to sell it for $499. Local pick up in Bolingbrook and you can test it out if there is no snow on the ground. 

http://www.motocaddy.us/s7-remote-electric-trolley

the grasses took a while to thaw this morning, almost two hours.
it was pick your tee position morning, as no markers had been set out.

we had sunshine for the first nine, then dark clouds covered the sky and the wind picked up.

couple of birdies.

one more week until the course closes.

I asked if we could keep coming for coffee on weekends.

will miss the place.

• Like 2

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Ping G20 - FW
Hogan BH-5, 4-PW
Vokey 52, 56
Ping Anser 2 - Karsten grip
not flashy, reliable

Played Naperbrook for the first time this year. They have continued to take trees out on the course and it's really open now.  Surprised to see literally no water in the penalty area on 7 and 9. The course was literally plush and in fantastic condition but the greens were heavily sanded and really slow.  But this was December golf so I really shouldn't complain about anything.

• Like 2

Got out twice over the weekend. LD and I played Broken Arrow on Saturday and I played the Jemsek Course at lovely St. Andrews yesterday. 

For December, the courses are still pretty green and very dry (for the season). Some of the shaded greens were starting to freeze over, so that was an added challenge. When greens start to freeze, that's when you know the season has come full circle, haha. 

Let's keep the snow away and the season going. Last December was awesome. I got in a bunch of rounds around Xmas. 

Edited by TheBear95
  • Like 3

Titleist TS3 10.5*
Titleist TS3 15*

Titleist TS3 19*, 23*
Srixon ZX5 (5-PW)
Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*
Piretti Bosa

Royal George Dunne coming up Wednesday morning. Might bring these out to play...

20200305_194437.jpg.959409c492fa51155ed4a2c6915b3cb6.jpg

20200305_194428.jpg.2679a3d938fb5cf033e433fb094fdf5f.jpg

1864912833_20200305_194445(1).jpg.943d7ff35ce0f44ebb6ade70dd4268a8.jpg

• Like 4

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

drove past Highland Park CC this afternoon. saw flags on the greens.

the place looked really well tended and the bunkers were groomed.

thought the course closed some time ago. 

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Ping G20 - FW
Hogan BH-5, 4-PW
Vokey 52, 56
Ping Anser 2 - Karsten grip
not flashy, reliable

2 hours ago, @_the_crook said:

It closed a couple years ago. I wonder what's up. I'll have to check it out. Very interesting! I always liked that course. 

2 hours ago, @_the_crook said:

Here's an article about what they were supposed to do with it. Maybe the popularity of golf in 2020 changed their plans? https://patch.com/illinois/highlandpark/city-council-ready-close-sale-highland-park-country-club

Took the day off yesterday and headed out to Crystal Woods. Course was in great shape for December, usually winter golf is a complete compromise in terms of conditions, but this felt normal. A couple of the low lying or shaded greens took a little bit to thaw out, that was the only drawback, trying to determine what would be receptive and what wouldn't. Driver was super rusty as I only hit 3 fairways, but clawed my way to 2 birdies with 2 bogeys and 2 doubles for a decent round to finish off the year.

• Like 4

Had the privilege of playing Crystal Woods with V and 2 other old guys from our group yesterday.  Will echo his comments about course conditions which were really good for December 10. We also sat outside post round and had some socially distant adult beverages which was a great capper to a great round, day and possibly season. Yesterday's round gave me hope for a much better 2021 season.

• Like 3

Edited by geochitown
ineptitude at multi-quoting

TEE EXS 220 10.5* - Testing continues - Accra TZ6 55M4 at 44.5”
TEE XCG7B 2h 17* -Aldila Tour Blue 85 
TEE XCG7B 4h 22* Aldila Rogue Blk85
TEE XCG7B 5h 25*- Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length Multiple sets with different shafts 
Vokey SM4 52-08F S200
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0