Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

The state is opening up.  My kids went back to school for the first time since March.  

People will be back doing whatever they did before 2020 and will leave the courses to us.  

That or I put another 6,000 miles on my Harley again this summer.  

• Like 1

G425 LST

G425 2 hybrid

Apex-19 3 hybrid

CB-57 3-PW

Y Grind 51

PM Grind 56

Scotty Golo 3

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a great round today and broke 90 for the first time, with an 89. That one and a half footer on 18 was intense. No 7’s or 8’s on the scorecard, just steady golf 

Hope everyone had the opportunity to sit down and share a plate of food with someone they cherish today. If not, remember those you miss with a kind thought or word. These times have stresse

Fitting process was better than expected. Very thorough.   Quick summary: - 2:00 appt for an hour. Costs $100 but that goes to the cost if you purchase a putter on the day. - Fitte

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, DavePelz4 said:

Don't know about the rest of you but it seems like we're living in a snow globe that someone is shaking regularly.

Hmmm. My globe must be defective. Gotta shop at more reputable stores. 🙂 Hang in there. March is only two weeks away. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 6-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

I don’t think we’ll be on Chicago courses until mid-March. More snow coming in 3 of the next 4 days. 

Mizuno ST200 10.5° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS Stiff

Mizuno ST200 TS 15° w/ Fujikura Evolution II 661 Stiff

Titleist 917F2 18° w/ Fujikura Evolution II 661 Stiff

Titleist 816H2 21° w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 Stiff

Honma TW747v 4-10 w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Honma TW W4 50°(9°)/54°(10°)/58°(8°) w/ Nippon Modus 125

Piretti Matera FN

Yeah, March and April are basically hit or miss, with more misses. I played 5 rounds in the two months in '19, 6 in '18, 9 in '17, 6 in '16, and 9 in '15. 'Have to go back to 2012 to find a March with more than four rounds played. 

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

16 hours ago, ldchristopher said:

I don’t think we’ll be on Chicago courses until mid-March. More snow coming in 3 of the next 4 days. 

Was anyone playing in Chicago last year before the pandemic?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 5W (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-UW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

We've had an early April snow in the last 2-3 years (typically melts away within a day).

TEE EXS 220 10.5* - Testing continues - Accra TZ6 55M4 at 44.5”
TEE XCG7B 2h 17* -Aldila Tour Blue 85 
TEE XCG7B 4h 22* Aldila Rogue Blk85
TEE XCG7B 5h 25*- Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length Multiple sets with different shafts 
Vokey SM4 52-08F S200
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

3 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

I got in 4 rounds prior to the stay-at-home order. I've played multiple rounds in every March around here the past 9 years. 

Are the course conditions and weather great, no. But, it sure beats the alternative of no golf.

• Like 2

Titleist TS3 10.5*
Titleist TS3 15*

Titleist TS3 19*, 23*
Srixon ZX5 (5-PW)
Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*
Piretti Bosa

4 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

If I remember correctly the days right before the shutdown were unseasonably warm and courses were packed. I played an afternoon 9 at Oak Brook and literally right as I was paying they said the governor just shut us down, and told me to hurry up and tee off.

Edited by VNutz

My first round was may 6 , and I remember knowing that the weather had been nice for a while before the shutdown 

TEE EXS 220 10.5* - Testing continues - Accra TZ6 55M4 at 44.5”
TEE XCG7B 2h 17* -Aldila Tour Blue 85 
TEE XCG7B 4h 22* Aldila Rogue Blk85
TEE XCG7B 5h 25*- Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length Multiple sets with different shafts 
Vokey SM4 52-08F S200
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

10 hours ago, PuttCurseRepeat said:

I know we are in the cold hard grip of the off-season and we are living in interesting times, but is it just me, or has activity in the forum noticeably decreased from this time the past few years?

I think, for me at least, in years past I'd go on a couple trips in the winter and chime in with them on here. No trips this year, so I haven't had much to say. 

• Like 1

I've been to the Mistwood dome a few times since my last lesson in January. I had planned on going today since my next lesson is next week, but stomach issues sidelined me.

Is anyone making any equipment changes going into the 2021 season? I really don't need anything, but the new two-ball line from Odyssey looking tempting.

Ping 410 Plus 12*

Callaway X-Hot 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 4 hybrid, XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Taylormade P770 7-AW

Vokey SM6 M grind 56*

Mizuno Pro 60*

Black Lab BL-1

A few hardy souls would usually play a few rounds in February, but that's a little tough at the moment. 

Tough round this morning. The wind chill had to be 52. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Woodridge said:

I've been to the Mistwood dome a few times since my last lesson in January. I had planned on going today since my next lesson is next week, but stomach issues sidelined me.

Is anyone making any equipment changes going into the 2021 season? I really don't need anything, but the new two-ball line from Odyssey looking tempting.

I've been testing drivers the past month. Ended up ordering the new cobra. Came down to the Cobra and the Ping - Ping was a little more accurate but I was getting 10 more yards with the Cobra. I am always going to hit bad drives no matter what driver it is, so I'll take the 10 yards 😂

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Woodridge said:

Clubs 3-14 are all changing. Only driver & 3-wood remain. Already have the putter. Pix of the rest whenever they turn up, possibly in April?

• Like 1

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

12 hours ago, @_the_crook said:

I know we started playing our course in April.

All depends on what your course did. Lots of courses in IL were shut down for all of April, I think the first started opening at the end of the month. I've got my first round as early May. I know for sure I was taking my kids on bike rides around Oak Brook golf course many times in April.

• Like 1

Figured I'd throw a question to this Chicago group. Planning a buddies trip this summer to the city and we're looking at playing 3-5 rounds while we're there. Have done some research but wanted to see what you guys would pick for those rounds. Here's the courses I'm looking at. Did I miss any courses? Thanks

Cog Hill (Dubsdread) *this is the only must-play I have on the list so far*

Highlands of Elgin

Thunderhawk

Glen Club

Ravisloe

Cantigny

Stonewall Orchard

Ruffled Feathers

Mistwood

Haborside (Starboard)

Mt Prospect

SIM 9* TBD //  SIM 15* YS NanoReloaded 7S //  SIM 19* Tour AD DI 7S //  P770 KBS $-Taper 110 //  MG2 KBS $-Taper 110 //  Hi-Toe KBS $-Taper 110 //  Spider X SuperStroke 1.0 PT //  TP5X

1 hour ago, RobYakes said:

Figured I'd throw a question to this Chicago group. Planning a buddies trip this summer to the city and we're looking at playing 3-5 rounds while we're there. Have done some research but wanted to see what you guys would pick for those rounds. Here's the courses I'm looking at. Did I miss any courses? Thanks

Cog Hill (Dubsdread) *this is the only must-play I have on the list so far*

Highlands of Elgin

Thunderhawk

Glen Club

Ravisloe

Cantigny

Stonewall Orchard

Ruffled Feathers

Mistwood

Haborside (Starboard)

Mt Prospect

You put together a really nice list, just know that Ravosloe, Mt. Prospect and Ruffled Feathers really aren't on the same level as the others.  Only two I would add are Bowes Creek and Pine Meadow.  It will come down to whether cost is a factor.  If it is, that makes it easier since Glen Club, Mistwood and Cantigny are significantly more than the others.  For me, the other must play on your list would be Stonewall...gorgeous property,  great conditions,  very challenging and has hosted numerous US Open qualifiers.   Either way, you have a solid list.

• Like 1