2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

You need a Go-Pro on the front of your cart for these days. Either edit it down to a nice 5 minute highlights package or play at 15x speed. Lots of likes bound your way!

• Haha 1

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Yeah, that sounds awful.

We played PrairieView on Saturday and what a difference from last year.  7150 played like 6300 last year due to cement fairways.   This year it played closer to 7000 after the recent rains.  That was about as perfect as conditions could be, just amazing from tee to green.  There are a few uneven spots on tee boxes but you were usually able to find a flat spot if you tee's up a yard or two back.

Last year hole 2 was driver - 4i.  This year, driver - 3w.  Hole 10 was driver - 9i last year and driver - 4i this year.  Just so much more fun to play it this year.  The only hole I do not like is 11, as there is a gigantic tree in the middle of the fairway but I can deal with one bad hole out of 18.  The tee shot on 16 is majestic.  Pace was great at 4:20 minutes, only waited a couple times.  The staff is great and bar is wonderful after the round.  This place does not disappoint!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavePelz4 said:

On Sunday, VNutz, one of the guys from our comp group and I played with the NIU women's golf coach at Rich Harvest Farms. We were supposed to play last Wednesday but the storms took over 50 trees down and the clean up was still going on yesterday. It's truly a blessing to play RHF and I'm not sure if any course takes better care of the golfers.  Before we teed off, we had a full tour of the car museum and also the lower levels of that facility. In addition to a wall of baseball/football cards there was other memorabilia from every Chicago athlete you can imagine. Mr. Rich also built a small chapel as well as Sugar Grove did not have a church in the area.  Both VNutz and I commented that Mr. Rich does everything perfectly with attention to the details.  The locker room is loaded with so many great things to see and you could spend hours there alone.

Kim, the NIU golf coach is a hellulva player with probably the best non-professional, short game I've ever watched in person. She got up and down at least 7 times and there was only 1 time I can recall when she didn't get up and down. Her touch on short shots was amazing and her ability to spin the ball from traps or tough lies was beyond impressive.  I've always considered myself a fast player but Kim literally pulled a club, took a quick look and pulled the trigger. She maybe hit 3 less than perfect shots on the day.

Our business has been really fortunate so I made the day a little more intriguing by putting up $1,000 for the college golf program of either NIU or VNutz's college and my friend who graduated from Bradley. 18 holes of Match Play with Kim and VNutz playing from 6,800 yards and us old guys playing at 6,200 yards. Kim doesn't often play from that length but she held her own. We started out hot winning the first 3 holes.  V's team got it dialed up and brought the match back to even through 7. We made the turn with the advantage, got it to 3 up and then V kicked it back in gear, including an amazing shot from a fairway bunker on 15 that ended up 6 feet from the hole, bringing them back to only 2 down. 

On 16, I hit a hybrid from 185 to about 6 feet and we took the match to dormie. On 17, I hit my drive of the day and maybe the year, covering a tree on the right side of the fairway and leaving 60 yards to a front pin.  Yeah, turned that drive into a solid 6 but fortunately my partner of course, got up and down to close the our 3 and 1 and NIU women's golf team received a nice little donation.

So as crappy as Saturday was, Sunday made up for it as a perfect day.  The weather was amazing, the course was in very good shape all things considering, played a few good holes and enjoyed a round with 3 wonderful people and no one questioned my patience!

RHF is a cool place, I enjoyed playing there. Making her play from 6800 is pretty stingy lol! The US Women's open played 62-6300 this past year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mci711 said:

RHF is a cool place, I enjoyed playing there. Making her play from 6800 is pretty stingy lol! The US Women's open played 62-6300 this past year. 

Kim's a trooper and as soon as I threw out the challenge, she was all in. In our conversations she shared that she's responsible for generating $50K in donations specifically for her program so I think that possibility got her dialed up. Said she only played from that length a couple of times and the best she shot was an 84. Will have to go back and check the card but 99.9% sure she shot under 80.

On 13 which has a long forced carry, she said she had never played that far back and hadn't carried the junk before but she nuked a drive and made it with ease. As good of a player as she is, she's equally a great person who can also throw a little smack out there. She's been running the NIU women's program and in 7 years, her average team score per round in down 30 shots, or nearly 8 per player/round.  I asked her if she could do that for me and she said, "I'm a golf coach, not a Miracle Worker."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nearly a picture perfect day for golf. Weather wise at least. Glad last week's humidity has moved along. Wilmette this morning. Course was in nice shape. Fairways were getting some roll with things firming up. Bunkers were dry and fluffy, but sadly the weekend hacks left footprints galore. Greens were rolling at ~10, but for whatever reason the practice green was rolling 8 at best. On the 1st green I ran my putt at least 6 feet past the cup. Pace was OK at 4 hours, all thanks to me busting my behind to drag us along. I got paired up with a father and his junior kid. The young fellow was nice enough, but really had no business being on a course. Probably shot 130 with numerous mulligans. Couldn't get off the tee, with a combination of pop ups and topped shots. Second shots were buzzing in all directions. Yeah, I know we all had to start somewhere, but one needs to be able to hit at least 1/3rd of their shots decently, no? 

Rough round. Never found a groove. Only 6 fairways and 9 greens. One birdie and six bogies. 

• Like 4

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I played Chalet Hills with some friends Saturday afternoon. They got new carts with the super comfy seats that many of the new carts have, but no GPS due to the worldwide chip shortage. Chalet also didn't decide to buy rain covers for your clubs in back, but it was a perfect day so no harm done. 

Pace of play is always an issue here. My tee time was 1:39, but my group didn't tee off until 1:50. No starter, and two separate twosomes teed off right in front of us. I walked up to the clubhouse to inquire, but they didn't seem to care. "They just didn't want to play together." Chalet - it's your course, so you tell who is playing with who, especially if my tee time gets backed up as a result. Luckily, my group didn't have to wait much and the pace was probably the fastest I've had there. 

I love the layout at Chalet Hills. The course is plenty challenging, I just wish they had a larger maintenance budget. I'm sure they are hurting for help, as everyone is. A number of bunkers were completely washed out and riddled with pebbles. The rough in spots was 6" or more and thick, especially around the green. Made a tough course even tougher. But I had a great time on a beautiful day.

• Like 2

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping G425 Crossover 3, i20 4-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Got invited out to Barrington Hills CC today and what a treat. The course is 100 years old this year and can be played from 6 different tee locations. Drove it great but nothing else except the par 5 on the back where I left my eagle putt about two revolutions short.

• Like 2
M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

Very pleasant morning at Mt Prospect. First visit of the year. Conditions were playable. Fairways and rough were fine. The bunkers have some new sand that was heavy and wet, but they were properly groomed and played fine. Greens were disappointing. Poorly repaired ballmarks galore and bumpy as heck. Speeds were probably 9 to 10. The green on the 1st had a large dead spot front left. Pace was wonderful at 3:20. I joined another single that was following a foursome that was moving along fine, and when they stopped for drinks at the turn we played through and had clear sailing. 

Oy. I didn't think that I could drive the ball worse than yesterday, but I was wrong. Don't remember the last time I hit two fairways. Most of the misses weren't horrible, thankfully, as I did manage 10 greens. I also had a number of good scrambles. One birdie and five bogies. Highlight of the day came on the 6th. A poor drive into the left rough left me 205 to the center right pin. I hit a screaming 9 wood that ran up the front of the green and just missed hitting the flagstick. It can to rest on the back fringe. Lowlights were the snap hooks off the tee that appear to have come out of nowhere. The fact that I was try to hit a fade makes them all the more aggrevating. 

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

9 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Very pleasant morning at Mt Prospect. First visit of the year. Conditions were playable. Fairways and rough were fine. The bunkers have some new sand that was heavy and wet, but they were properly groomed and played fine. Greens were disappointing. Poorly repaired ballmarks galore and bumpy as heck. Speeds were probably 9 to 10. The green on the 1st had a large dead spot front left. Pace was wonderful at 3:20. I joined another single that was following a foursome that was moving along fine, and when they stopped for drinks at the turn we played through and had clear sailing. 

Oy. I didn't think that I could drive the ball worse than yesterday, but I was wrong. Don't remember the last time I hit two fairways. Most of the misses weren't horrible, thankfully, as I did manage 10 greens. I also had a number of good scrambles. One birdie and five bogies. Highlight of the day came on the 6th. A poor drive into the left rough left me 205 to the center right pin. I hit a screaming 9 wood that ran up the front of the green and just missed hitting the flagstick. It can to rest on the back fringe. Lowlights were the snap hooks off the tee that appear to have come out of nowhere. The fact that I was try to hit a fade makes them all the more aggrevating. 

When you solve those snap hooks, let us know how u did it? Been fighting them for years and can always plan on launching a couple per round.

8 hours ago, Apindara said:

When you solve those snap hooks, let us know how u did it? Been fighting them for years and can always plan on launching a couple per round.

Lol. Oh, I know what causes them. Now, making myself do what I'm supposed to do is another thing. I tend to overswing, and then it becomes all upper body with too little hip rotation. Add a little flip of the hands and you've got a perfect smother hook. If I dial back the swing 10%, and focus on finishing on my left side it's a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

Just booked Heritage Oaks Classic 18 for Friday morning. I know better than to play on new greens, but I'm curious to see how the renovation went. I grabbed a $49 walking rate on GolfNow.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Just booked Heritage Oaks Classic 18 for Friday morning. I know better than to play on new greens, but I'm curious to see how the renovation went. I grabbed a $49 walking rate on GolfNow.

Interested in your report back.

Though I will still call it Sportsman's. I find this rebranding effort pretty lame. Heritage Oaks? Really??

• Haha 1

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

28 minutes ago, TheBear95 said:

Interested in your report back.

Though I will still call it Sportsman's. I find this rebranding effort pretty lame. Heritage Oaks? Really??

Better than The Preserve at Sportsmans I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Hey Arg. Lots of numbers there. Tell us the only important one. Your score! 😄

• Haha 1

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

10 minutes ago, MountainKing said:

Heritage Oaks sounds like where I would go to buy a Ford or Chevy, not golf. 

Good credit, bad credit, NO CREDIT... EVERYONE is pre-approved at Heritage Oaks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

2 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Listened to a short interview by Rory Spears with Rick Jacobson and it appears most of the course redo was to regrass everything, rebuild the greens, lengthen a few holes and pull trees designated by the park district arborists.

Maybe they scaled back on course renovation for the clubhouse/driving range/practice area.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

1 minute ago, TheBear95 said:

Good credit, bad credit, NO CREDIT... EVERYONE is pre-approved at Heritage Oaks!

Heritage Oaks, where you ALWAYS SAVE MORE MONEY (sorry, Celozzi-Ettleson)

• Haha 1

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

1 hour ago, mci711 said:

Better than hearing Bob ROOOOOOHRMAN every other radio ad. Those ads alone would keep me from ever buying a car there. 

I'm about to bust out some Harry Schmerler Ford, your singing Ford dealer

In the good old summertime, Hi, I'm Harry Schmerler....

Edited by geochitown
too easy to mis-spell Schmerler
  • Haha 1

TM TP5x

15 minutes ago, geochitown said:

In the good old summertime, Hi, I'm Harry Schermler....

'Wonder if they changed the phone number to HEritage 3-2700

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, geochitown said:

In the good old summertime, Hi, I'm Harry Schermler....

Just remembered another ditty he used to belt out...

Rock a bye your BABY!  Hi, I'm Harry Schmerler

TM TP5x

... I'd love to see a competition like The Chase with Bob Rohrman, Bob Parsons, Jack the Hammer and My Pillow Guy. Doubt any of them could answer one question correctly but they would have some entertaining answers. 🤣 

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I'd love to see a competition like The Chase with Bob Rohrman, Bob Parsons, Jack the Hammer and My Pillow Guy. Doubt any of them could answer one question correctly but they would have some entertaining answers. 🤣 

My pillow guy would just make a bunch of sh!t up and promise proof and never deliver it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chisag said:

This has zero to do with golf, so I apologize in advance to others. 

Rohrman was an interesting guy. Everybody remembers him for his dumb TV ads, but he was a savvy businessman. His first dealerships were Toyotas way back in early 1960s. Selling Japanese cars in middle America during the 1960s was a hell of a gamble. But, he saw something that others didn't. He built the Rohrman Auto Group into one of the largest privately-held auto groups in the U.S.

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

... Fwiw I was not commenting on any of the individuals, just their TV persona's. 🤪

• Like 2

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

You guys are cracking me up today

thanks! Play well Arg.

• Thanks 1
M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

Got out to RF for quick afternoon 9.  Course is in pretty good shape and greens were rolling surprisingly well.  After an obligatory bogey, bogey start, turned it up a notch and finished the remaining 7 holes 3 under for a  smooth 1 under 35.  Could have been better, but left makable 15’ eagle putt on 4 and another 15’ birdie putt on 9 foot short 🤬.  I’ve been fighting a double cross most of the year, and remembered a tip I got from our caddie at Erin Hills about gripping the club (my left hand tends to be too weak and my right too strong).  What a difference it made - every tee shot after the “enlightenment” moment was a nice 5-10 yard draw.  Our club’s BIG tournament this Friday at Old Oak (73 last year only got me second place) and our bi-weekly golf league starts playoffs on Sunday at Harborside.  

Edited by stasek
  • Like 2

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter