Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

I like the idea of raising the cups. I'll be shooting all time lows... :)

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

You know I'm as passionate as any guy on this site about playing and the thought of the courses opening gives some hope of a return to normalcy.

But, I'm in healthcare and our teams are on the front line of this battle as we serve the group of individuals who are most susceptible to the dangers of the virus. We've literally spent almost $50,000 so far to protect our clients and team with every precaution you can imagine. This isn't just about who you are in contact with, this virus is like 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon and it's about who the guys you play with and who they have been in contact with, who those people have been in contact with etc. We have 3 of our employees in quarantine right now because several levels of contact prior, they were with someone who tested positive. There are people who are asymptomatic but tested positive and they're carrying the virus which is seen in younger and healthier people.

Play away but just be amazingly careful with spacing and be extra careful with someone who coughs or sneezes. The droplets which appear to be the transmission vehicle can project for 6 feet. Carry some hand sanitizer, just in case. I'd also suggest when you get home, throw your clothes in the washer and take a shower and soap down everywhere.

Apologies if this sounds like an old guy on a soapbox who doesn't want you on his lawn but it's really about you and everyone else being able to golf a month from now, a year from now, etc.

• Like 4

@DavePelz4 very well put! The longer we push the boundaries of what we do and what we want to do the longer this will go on. I think everyone agrees for the most part if you do it correctly golf may be ok. But you are putting your faith in a lot of other people as well, and simply put, the population has proven over and over again they can't be trusted to be smart. I watched guys a couple days ago in a 4 some celebrating what I assume was a birdie putt like they had just won a hole at the Ryder Cup. Pin out, high fives all around. (From my balcony)

I think walking and not serving alcohol cuts down on the foolishness that could happen though.

No worries, this is a very serious time. Thanks for everything you are doing. However, with walking only, playing outside and everyone staying multiple yards away, this may be one of the safest activities at this moment in time. I am a real estate attorney and this is certainly safer than me going to closings with five other people at the table (which is still happening right now because people need houses apparently).

Hopefully by now, the reality of the situation and the repeated precautions are sinking in with people.

• Like 1

Yes. Spinal Tap, here we come.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

BEH5F6KTNQK2.jpgHere's the problem. If one of these guys is asymptomatic now all 4 most likely have it (other guy dropped something behind). These 4 guys go home, give it to family and so on. The course is packed. I think it's just a bad idea, especially when grown men don't have the ability to distance themselves a bit. We can talk all day about what we should be dong to make golf safe. The fact is, we are surrounded by idiots.

... Isn't that the case for almost everything? We could get rid of at least 1/2 the rules if it weren't for morons trying to cheat. You go to the movies and it only takes a couple of idiots talking to ruin it for everyone else. Obviously this case is intense and vitally important so the masses suffer for the individuals but my guess is, anyone ignorant and selfish enough to not practice social distancing on a golf course is doing the same thing elsewhere. And those that practice social distances can easily play without coming into contact with anyone, especially playing alone. They get the fresh air, exercise and mental escape for a few hours so badly needed. So I kinda see both sides of it.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

... My wife got an invite to play cards and bring a bottle of wine. 8 total and they already had 6 only needing 2 more. She politely declined. Never underestimate the power of stupidity.

... I would still like to think most people are doing and will do the right thing. But of course it only takes a few bad apples ...

Agreed! They have busted multiple house parties in our area and areas where friends of mine live. People have told me that they've been going to hang out with friends to eat and drink. The problem is certainly the people that are straight up ignoring the social distancing rules. I've seen it at grocery stores, hardward stores, gas stations, and people standing in the neighborhood next to their neighbors. Kids playing with the kids next door. I get it's hard to keep them a part or close off these venues, but these are the spaces people are getting up close and personal.

I also wonder about apartment/condo building ventilation systems and how they may aid in spreading the issue. I don't know exactly how they work, but it seems it might be somewhat of a possibility?

And all the restaurants that people are eating from....if someone working there has it, that could spread like wildfire as they're handing food out a drive thru window. Because as much as I like to think that sanitation rules are being followed to the extreme, the skeptic in me doesn't believe it's true in these food venues.

We were out on the course today. We walked pretty far apart, but I won't say we didn't get within a few feet of each other at times. There were no hand shakes or fist bumps. We didn't share equipment or throw each other's golf balls back to one another when they hit it close enough to give it to them. Cups had Styrofoam in them so that the ball didn't go down more than half an inch. I had hand sanitizer which I used every couple of holes. And off the tee, very rarely were any of us in the same vicinity. I also think the walking and not sharing carts helps a lot as well since that spaces people out too.

The spread of the virus is extremely possibly in many situations. I think that a lot of people are doing a fairly good job of staying in compliance. But I also think there are a group of people that are not staying in compliance in situations that they can completely control (house parties, birthday parties, watching movies together, hanging out in parks, etc...) . I'm not one to think golf courses are going to be the way that this virus spreads quickly, but I'm also not one that is up close and personal on my partners during the round. But I've also seen that Illinois is trying to close up courses again. :-(

I don't doubt the stupidity of people. I've seen it far before Carona came around. I just don't think that courses open for walking are much of a threat if people are half smart about things. But I guess the belief they'll be half smart about things is the hard part.

And what also bothers me is the fact that courses were hurt badly by rain both early and late in the season last year. If this shuts them down until mid - May or later.... I think there are courses already in enough financial stress, that something like that could be the end....and I hate that.

So I guess we just wait to see it all play out.

• Like 1

I really wanted to try to get out this morning by 10 before the rain but couldn't find anything within 30 minutes of Kenosha. No one answering the phone at Shepherds Crook. Wondering if maybe because they are park district they are closed. Thunderhawk closed until late April, Bonnie Brook closed last time I checked and they are run by the city. Only place I found was Bittersweet in Gurnee and they are allowing tee times every 20 minutes. They didn't have an opening until almost 11 and I don't want to run into the rain coming early afternoon. They are asking $35 to walk which I thought was a little steep as well but they are allowed to set the market so there is that. If anyone knows any far north Lake County courses that are operating please let me know. Weather looks crappy this weekend but I am working from home the next month so I should have some flexibility during the week when the weather looks good.

TaylorMade M5 9 degrees

Callaway X-Hot 3 Wood  14.5 degrees

Callaway Super Hybrid 18 degrees

Callaway Apex 4 Hybrid 21 degrees

Callaway Super Hybrid 24 degrees

Titleist T100  5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM6  52,58

Scotty Cameron California Coronado

Hi again...Mr. Safety here. If you've never watched Scrubs, it's one of the best comedies out there that occasionally has a tone of seriousness to it. One of the episodes years ago had a great scene on how germs are spread. Not trying to scare anyone here but offering this as a public service announcement so you understand how easily a virus like what we're facing can spread by contact. It's less than 2 minutes and let's be honest, you've got the time to take a peek.

• Like 1

Lol. I finally got tired of paying $25 for 5 minutes of work on my mostly bald head. I picked up a Remington haircut kit, and it's saved me over $200 in the past few years. Of course, one has to like a simple style. Amazon.com: Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit, Beard Trimmer, Hair Clippers for Men (13 pieces): Beauty

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

I’m setting a personal record over here

• Like 1

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x