Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

Played Palmira this afternoon. Even though it seemed like the course had close to full tee sheet, there were definitely no cringe worthy sights. Our group had 6 foursomes , and to be honest I might have seen only half of the guys that played. I only saw one group sit in the parking lot on lawn chairs having some brewskis, and they were definitely more than the magical 6’ apart. After the round, we all left without waiting for the rest of our group to finish.

Regarding course itself - it’s about as good as can be expected in the first week of April. Some wet spots here and there, no maintenance on bunkers, but very much playable. Struggled with snap hook most of the round - only 1 birdie, bunch of pars and WAY too many doubles and “others”. Instead of raised cups, they had a piece of foam around the flag stick. You still had to actually hole the putt, but no need to touch the flag. I’ve gotten lazy in the past couple years, so it was nice to actually carry the bag (note to self - empty your g... d.... bag next time you intend to carry). Round took us 4:20 and we kept pace with the group in front of us.

YH4JGK4VXOTC.jpeg

AC1GHP4JE4WV.jpeg

• Like 1

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I have an annual pass to Seven Bridges. I am wondering, if the course doesn't open until late may-July, should I ask for money back? Obviously courses are losing money with all of this, but I feel like missing out on 30+ rounds (compared to last years total going into June) I should get some sort of kick back.

They should for sure offer something back. If I was in your position, I’d tell them to keep my money for this year (knowing they need it) and work out a nice deal for next season. Don and Geoff will take care of you.

Titleist TSi2 Titleist TS2 3w Titleist TS2 Hybrid Titleist T100 5-PW Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, 60* Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport

Needed to take the kids out to burn off some energy yesterday, but with the nearby paths full of people already we took them biking on the Oak Brook golf course cart paths. Was fun but bittersweet given that it was a perfect day to play. So bizarre to see a perfect golf course completely empty on a gorgeous day. On the plus side it appears they're still mowing and maintaining, giving me hope that other courses are doing that as well in the downtime, given they can afford it.

• Like 2

Played Palmira today. What a gem of a course. Started out foggy and a little chilly, but turned beautiful quickly. Conditions were a little wet after the rain last night, but overall, fantastic! Best $25 I've ever spent on a round. Greens rolled well. Fairways were cut. I'll certainly find my way back again this year.

Q180ZVXJT63M.jpg

LDCYQFBM3X4J.jpg

787A7VXGEIQC.jpg

31EZ7YW8UCWM.jpg

• Like 1

Lol, that is going to do nothing. The funniest part about that petition is the part that ask if golf is safer than going to the grocery store... Well no sht it is safer. Can you buy your family food, water, medicine at a golf course? While golf may be safe for the most part, it isn't essential. I don't 100% disagree with courses being open, I'm not one driving to Indiana to play though. I do know people won't social distance on the course. The comparison with walking in parks or trails isn't all that valid because for the most part you do that alone or with family (obviously not everyone). If it were only singles or households playing it would be much different. I have enough to do to keep me busy, not playing golf for a couple months isn't going to kill me. I've accepted I won't hit 100 rounds this year. But comparing golf to a grocery store is so f'ing stupid. Might as well throw hospitals on there as well.

" But comparing golf to a grocery store is so f'ing stupid." ... Well dam don't be shy mci711

... Going to the park in our subdivision, there are many more people too close together than there would be on a golf course. Walking together, riding bikes too close together and walking right past each other in opposite directions without talking a wide berth. Dog owners stopping to talk to each other in close proximity. Obviously there will be a few people doing the same on a golf course, but I think the majority will be safer on the course than they are in the park and will practice social distancing simply because of the nature of the game and the people that are drawn to it. And certainly safer than the grocery store so I must be f'ing stupid. I can drive to a golf course, touching nobody or anything, play a round of golf distancing myself from anyone with me as a walker, get back in my car and be much safer than a walk at my park or Whalon Lake right across the street from my park is even more crowded. That said, I am not driving to another state to play golf for a number of reasons.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

I think we all agree going to the grocery store isn't as safe as golfing. That's not stupid. My point was one was a leisure activity and one was a necessity to survive. I think if they open golf courses then they should limit groups to singles or household family members.

Sorry for the original aggressive reply. I've seen the grocery store comparison multiple times and it is maddening. You cant compare the 2. If we could survive without food and water stores would be closed too.

... I would add I think this is what his wrong with our country. Power is only available to the individual if they use it. There are probably many things that might be a waste of time and signing some petitions is one of them, but doing what you think is right is never wrong. So sign that petition that you believe in, even if you think it is futile because you never know and once you throw in the towel thinking your voice makes no difference, it won't.

... Not an easy subject for sure but there are more than a few in the mental health profession that would disagree with you. Being stuck at home, indoors with kids 24/7 or in a difficult relationship without a physical outlet can be very detrimental to all parties health. Golf is a perfect outlet if cautious guidelines are followed. I know I am probably in the minority but I would not allow riding carts at all, even one person to a cart, and would only allow walkers on the course. Too much contact with a cart of not only golfers but the employees that have to deal with the carts. As I said, parks are more dangerous than a golf course but I recognize this is not an easy decision for any district to make and people will be adamantly on either side of the issue. I see both camps and there are good arguments for either side and no easy answers.

I'm missing golf as much as anyone but this is really the time to be smart. One of the biggest challenges with this virus is people can have it, be 100% asymptomatic, and distribute it without anyone ever giving consideration to it. The person or people you golf with could be a carrier, give it to you and you can take it home to your family. The virus particles can be as small as .125 microns which is about 1/200th the size of an average human hair. With wind, the virus can carry well beyond the suggested social distancing limit of 6 feet.

We have 250 healthcare workers on our team and so far there have have been 11 losses of life with their family members including some as young as 25 who were 100% healthy before becoming infected. One of our caregivers who is still asymptomatic brought it into her house and now there are 5 people in the same house with the virus. We also have a client who is 97, tested positive and became symptomatic but survived, thankfully. No one understands yet how this virus works.

This being Masters weekend and not being able to play and watch the Masters is painful but exposure to this virus can literally be deadly.

Be safe whatever you decide.

• Like 2

With it being walking-only and having properly spaced tee-times, pace-of-play shouldn't be an issue. And, without the carts, the courses will be in better shape.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

Just thankful that people like dp4 and mci exist. The question is not safe or not safe - it's essential vs non-essential, worth a risk or not worth a risk.

We all love golf, that's why we are here. Incredibly selfish to risk more community spread just because you've thought of a way to falsely justify your indulgences.

Shame.

I do my best staying home unless it's a must go... And then I wear my mask. My wife and daughter stay home almost 100% of the day. I have wipes and hand sanitizer. I do everything the CDC recommends I do when I'm out. Visiting a golf course and following social distancing rules is a nice walk in the park getting exercise.

And before you say I'd change my mind if it affected someone I know... I know 3 people that have recovered from it, 2 that are in quarantine, and one in the ICU fighting for his life. Not one is a golfer.... And 5 are under 35 years old. Golfing safely is not the issue. But you trying to shame people that are following the rules probably better than 95% of folks out there....is wrong. Take your 39 posts and disappear.

I have 1500 post, does that make my opinion and agreement with him right and you wrong then? My wife and I had the virus in March, it wasn't terrible for us. I went from working out and doing aggressive cardio daily to barely being able to walk to the kitchen. That was basically the extent of it for me - extreme fatigue and weakness. It isn't a death wish for everyone and a lot of people are lucky like us. But a lot are way worse. Before this all blew up I was extremely careful, probably to the point people thought I was crazy. I canceled flights in very early March and and used sanitizer religiously. I didn't touch anything without a disinfectant wipe. It is very easy to get no matter how careful we are.

That being said, there is no reason to allow people who don't live in the same house on a golf course together. Walking only, with housemates only (impossible to enforce) would be ideal. I played over 100 rounds last year, I really want to play, but I'm going to survive with out teeing it up. This isn't even an argument worth having because there is no headway to be made. You have your opinion (less than 1000 post though, so does it really count? ?) I have mine. People aren't going to social distance on the course, it just isn't going to happen. One of the reasons I won't play is because I don't want to be paired with idiots. You, like me, would be the minority on the course following guidelines. And yes, I get people are going to not social distance elsewhere, but why give them another outlet to spread it?

That is a good question. For me, having already had it, in reality I shouldn't be able to get it again. That isn't for sure though but pretty likely. I think when JB announces that we are opening more things up I'll follow his lead. Maybe it will be when I look out my bedroom window in the morning and the course isn't covered in fresh snow ?. I have been symptom free for over 2 weeks. I have really no threat to myself or anyone else. I just don't really think I should be out golfing when my sister is busting her butt as an RN. I also feel for the employees of the courses.

No not at all, but if you notice, every time I've posted about playing or courses being open... He pops in to tell me I'm the problem.

You're speaking your opinion and speaking it with sense. I can and always will respect an opinion. No doubt. And if you don't feel safe or trust people enough to play them, I get that. Whatever reasons you're not playing, or don't feel like you should be playing, I'm cool with that.

But I don't respect him coming in here every time I post about playing or about courses being open... And having him tell me I'm the problem. That's where I take issue with it. He's not contributing to the discussion one bit. He calls those of us that play the problem... And then gone until he can come say it again. And in my opinion, that's nothing but nonsense.

History will be on my side. And you can take comfort that your actions contributed. You profess to only having an opinion, but lambaste mine. typical attitude - YOU can express your opinion, OTHER people can't express theirs. Actually, makes perfect sense given your take - the rules apply only to things you think they should. Since you don't think I'm contributing to the convo, I'll leave it at that.