Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

This is 100% going to be a problem. People will definitely be waiting for carts to come off 18 at some courses. Then they have to go through the disinfecting process - which is going to most likely be rushed or skipped completely, then right to the next group/groups waiting. I think going to foursomes, with carts, 10 min apart is the worst thing to do, other than shutting golf back down.

... I am sure that will be the case for some, but I played behind a twosome that drive their carts to each others ball and talked once they got out. We waited on every hole at PB after catching them on #6 and thankfully they stopped for food after 9. They came up to the tee box and while we were getting ready to tee off said "you guys just go ahead as you have waited a few holes. Sorry but we lost a few balls and that really set us back". Completely clueless as to why a 2some walking and teeing off 15 minutes behind a 2some in carts had to wait. 4 of those in carts 10 minutes apart especially if cart girls are back on the course are going to bring the round to a standstill .

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

I agree, but the courses lobbied for this, so they have to figure out a way to make it work. I wouldn't be shock to see courses start providing a disclaimer when booking that carts may not be available during busy periods.

Just another reason to walk. If guys are fighting it out for carts in the parking lot, I know I will be laughing when I stroll by with my Clicgear.

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

Agreed, I do not think the cart thing will be an issue at all. If it is not available, then you don't get one. I have had it happen to myself once in last year and once to a friend. Not a big deal, you just carry. If you don't want to carry, then you don't play.

I'm super excited that foursomes are back as I normally play with 2 or 3 others, but selfishly I will miss the quick rounds...

No question. My comments were more in-general. But, you're right, slow play is slow play no matter if it is one or two riders in a cart. If I had a dollar for every cart twosome that LD and I have played through over the years walking, I would have enough for a new Scotty.

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

People who do not play ready golf in carts will play quicker than people who do not play ready golf while walking. Walking Vs Riding isn't the issue, it is ready golf Vs not ready golf and when it comes down to that cart not ready golf is quicker.

I love walking, I think having no carts keeps the course in better shape (as well as the golfer) and also keeps some of the nonsense off the course as well. But I'll never agree that a full tee sheet of your average golfer walking is quicker than a full tee sheet of riders.

... Having played 107 rounds with strangers in Phoenix last winter along with playing mostly as a single here and Orlando, I would agree the slowest of the slow is always slower walking than riding. That said, most walkers are faster than most cart riders if they are more intent on the social side as opposed to the main focus being golf. MOST of the time walkers go to their balls, while riders go to each others ball, talk a bit, finally hit the shot, talk some more sometimes even checking their phones and then finally move to the others ball and repeat. And the thing I hate most is watching them drive to the next tee box and just sit in their carts usually on the phone but sometimes just talking. Nothing more frustrating to wait for the green to clear, hit 4 approach shots and be on the green putting while the group in front his laughing and having a great time without even getting their clubs out of their bags. Usually in their 20's or 30's although I have seen seniors do the same. The one thing the younger crowd has in common is the never look behind them, living in their very own 10 foot bubble. OTOH senior rider/talkers will look back and just ignore the back up. Not sure which is worse.

Bah. A good day for golf ruined by a flat tire. I pulled out of my parking spot this morning, heading to Balmoral Woods, and I discovered that the right rear tire was flat. I was able to put some air in it, and get it to my local mechanic, but we discovered the vehicle had locking lug nuts. The key should be with the spare, but it wasn't there. I bought it used last year, and hadn't noticed the locking lugs. D-mn good thing I didn't get a flat out in the middle of nowhere. I wound up taking it to a dealer, who had a universal key, but unfortunately the tire is punctured near the sidewall, and can't be repaired. Of course the dealer doesn't have the tire in stock. Hopefully they'll be able to get one by the close of business. 'Whole day shot. Pffft.

Glendale Lakes tomorrow if I manage to get by vehicle back.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Pffft! You’re a funny guy. By “disinfect,” you mean “spray with a garden hose,” right?

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

EDIT: Tee time cancelled

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Willowcrest yesterday afternoon. Hadn't played there for about 5 years. Course was generally dry but oh my, was the rough thick and luscious. Heavy going. While I remember the layout quite well I could not recall the greens being that relatively small. They rolled well and true and thank goodness not too fast as some of those downhillers were scary (looking at you 17th). Fairways while not damp, did not roll out and playing off the tips made it extra long. I can't remember hitting so many 5-irons to greens especially a lot of the par 3s. All's well that ends well hitting the last to 2-feet and making the putt.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Glendale Lakes today. Conditions were OK. Wet, but playable. Not much roll out on the fairways. The rough was recently cut, so one had somewhat of a chance of hitting a green coming out of the stuff. The bunkers were toast. The greens looked very nice, but were rolling on the slow side. I'd say 8 to 9. Pace of play sucked. How is it possible for twosomes teeing off 15 minutes apart to take 3:45 for a round? Incredible.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Hoping the rain holds off tomorrow. We’ve got our first 36 hole walk of the season planned for Prairie View and Chalet Hills.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

When carts are allowed for everyone next Friday, they are going to run out by 10 or 11 AM. More will be coming in as golfers finish, but I’d hope that not every group takes 4 to a foursome.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

... Sheesh, at age 67 I am missing Phoenix fairways where I was reaching 500+ yd par 5's in 2. After battling a herniated disc this winter and going thru rehab along with the wettest May in history these all carry drives that either hop back or forward a few inches are killing me. I am using long irons or (gulp) a hybrid at Prairie Bluff on holes I normally use mid to short irons. And the next 10 days don't look like fairways are going to be running 20 yds anytime soon. I hope you young guys are hitting them well!

Yeah, Sand Valley is quite special. 'Not near the level of Bandon Dunes, but being only a few hours drive vs. almost a full day of travel it's hard to beat. Add Erin Hill, Lawsonia Links, Sentry World, and/or Wild Rock to the trip and it's a fantastic weekend getaway.

Ugh super jealous of that last minute SV trip... Good rates right now and I'm sure its drier than any thing out here with that sand base. But my car is in worse shape than Argonne's so I wont be making that drive anytime soon.

That said, I played CCC Wednesday, the greens were running better than early May and I knocked in a couple birds. The course was damp but nothing too crazy. The rough was unable to be cut in places and was absolutely brutal. My buddy hacked out of a bad lie only to find 6 inch high rough 6 inches off the fairway on 15, only to lose his eventual shot into the green in the tall rough. Somehow i managed to not lose a ball all day, but had plenty of untenable lies. I think making it my home course this season will improve my game as it's a course that really makes you grind. Add that fact that it's not long for this world, and I'm a big Donald Ross fan, gives it a special place in my heart.

Today I went out to Winnetka. The north burbs got more rain than down south 7 days ago and it really showed up there. I know it's built on a flood plain, and wettest May ever and all that, but it was swamp city with the rough half cut, and where it was cut there were trenches cut into the turf by the mowers. They were really stuck between a rock and a hard place on that though... Not cut anything and let the hackers play in 5 hours twosomes losing everything, or cut what they could... We got around in 4 hours mainly because my buddy (and I for that matter) were spraying it all over the place on the front. The greens were amazing though considering it all. The golden age architects really were on to something with those old school push-up greens. Rolling medium and very true and not too many unfixed ball marks. If it ever dries out will def head back, as my buddy sprung for their public membership as he lives not too far and grew up playing it.

Tomorrow it's out to Sunset Valley at a far later tee time than we would like. Hope we don't get hailed on. And then booked for MtP Monday morning. Hope that goes smoothly

Cobra KING LTD Pro 8.5º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 15º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
*Titleist 816H2 21º (C1) - Graphite Design AD DI 105S (Double Eagle/Albatross 7/15/17)

OR - *Titleist 712U 3i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 712U 4i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist Vokey SM5 46.08, SM6 50.12F, SM6 56.14F bent to 55 True Temper DG S200
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks V-Grind 60.10 True Temper DG S200
Scotty Cameron Bullseye Blade By Titleist

Blackstone tomorrow for first time this year, love this course. I'm assuming pace of play won't be great with foursomes every 10 minutes but that just means more time to enjoy this beautiful course. I don't remember there being a combo tee last year, but there are only like four holes that are not the backs, not much of a combo! It is not a long course but with damp conditions, it may play long.

I don't think Winnetka ever really dries out. Well, not unless we have a dust bowl producing drought.

Played Balmoral Woods today for the first time. Really enjoyed it, lots of elevation changes, and a pretty good walking workout to boot. Couldn’t find fairways (seems to be my MO this season), but did have a nice chip in birdie on that dogleg left on the front. Was a bit surprised at how wet and squishy it was, but was happy to be out there and couldn’t have asked for better weather.

Pleasant round at Coyote Run today. Don't normally play weekends these days, but with my round canceled Thursday due to car troubles, and Monday being a holiday, I figured it wouldn't be that bad with twosomes on the course. The course was in much nicer shape than last Monday. A little soft in spots, but they were rare. 'Actually got some roll on a few drives, although it still not summer conditions. Bunkers were decent. Rough was at a good height. Greens looked fine, and were rolling 8 to 9. The pace was on the slow side at 3:20, but at least it wasn't pushing four hours.

Couple of birdies on the 9th and 17th, but otherwise I was scrambling most of the day. The short game kept the round from coming off the rails.

It looks like showers and t-storms Monday through Wednesday, so I probably won't play again until Thursday unless the radar looks like they'll be a decent opening.

I was referring more to the fact that there no longer seems to be even dynamic pricing or a twilight offer through their site on the weekend/holiday walking rate. Compare that to the Highlands of Elgin rate structure where they’re solid most of the day.

TaylorMade M2 9° Fujikuri Pro Stiff
Ping I3 2-PW Blue
Cleveland 588 RTX Tour Satin 52°
Cleveland 588 RTX Tour Satin 56°
Ping Karsten Ally i Putter