> @Swisstrader98 said:

> What do ppl mean when they say stickman arms?

To me it means a feeling of no wrist bend/c0cking as far as setting the wrists during the BS goes, and also as little as possible rear elbow bend in the BS also. However, I was trying to also pretty much maintain this feel during my DS, albiet I was swinging the club indoors probably like... 30mph, borderline slow motion, but it was the only way I was able to replicate the proper finish position with the band touching my rear forearm instead of near my bottom hand wrist.

My normal swing 'feels' like I whip the clubhead thru the hitting zone. It feels fast and it feels powerful to me...but it pretty much results in a swing where I can only hit draws, on my good days, and blocks and nasty hooks on my bad days. Normally I don't buy into hype stuff when it comes to golf, but when TXG reviewed it and kind of said that it's a good aid and then I start to see Matt's impact condition sreally improve, it has me becoming a believer.

Taylormade SIM Max 9* - Ventus Black 6x

Cobra Speedzone Big 3 Tour - Accra FX 2.0 370 M5

Cobra Speedzone - Accra FX 2.0 380 M5

Titleist 818H1 - Ventus Blue 10x

Cobra Forged Tec Black 6i, Forged CB 6-GW - AMT X100 Onyx

Titleist SM8 54.12D, 58.8M - S400 Tour Issue Onyx

Custom Atwood

TP5 (testing Vice Pro)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Planematemania in full effect for this guy. I’ve had the planemate for almost a month. Decided to warmup with it before my round yesterday. Results: my first Hole In One and shot a personal best by 3

In my opinion I think the instant feedback is what makes this tool so valuable. How many times have you taken a lesson and implemented things quickly while your instructor was there watching and givin

> @jgonz69 said: > > @kobe123 said: > > I just started yesterday. I'm a little nervous. My current handicap is a +0.1 so I'm a little skeptical, but hey, if rory is using it, i'll try

Posted Images

I played 27 holes today, first time golfing since the PM arrived. I've only used it 2x & haven't done anything past the first 3 protocols. First session I just used the PM up to protocol 3. 2nd session a few days later I coupled the PM with my V Harness. And Went through the 1st 3 protocols.

Today's round??? Like others have said, the full swing isn't quite there yet. But any small swing, pitching, chipping, Just incredibly easy. Ball striking couldn't be better.

Draws & fades were simple. I even hit a couple hooks.

I played another 9 with some different swing thoughts. Hand path, club path, how hard/fast to turn. Taking it all in collecting yardage data.

ALL swings I took, I stayed within myself. No shots without perfect balance.

I hit some of the most deadly accurate shots with effortless power today. To be able to swing that smooth & easy AND still hit the ball every bit as far as I ever so shows so much promise.

I'm definitely going to keep working with this thing as it's giving me results already. Only 2 sessions & the first 3 protocols.

• Like 1

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Most of the "criticism" I am seeing on the forum and from teaching professionals involves the release the Planemate teaches. I am not a teaching professional so I can only apply what the PlaneMate does to my swing and what "release" has proven effective while hitting the intended checkpoints of the protocols.

That said, despite that criticism, those same people rave about it's short game applications.

Personally, I am hitting the ball better than ever on long and short swings. I have always been a low spin player, but my spin numbers are WAY up with irons and so is my angle of descent numbers.

My main issue with the long swing is I am still having a dead right now and then trying to do the rotate release and not letting the hands release correctly focusing too much on the pivot to the left heel and my hands freeze near the bottom and don't continue rotating to square. I give about 4 shots away a round with this miss. It's usually my reminder to step back and ingrain the feels again before addressing the ball on the next shot. Thus far, when I do the mid-round refresher, it's there again every time.

I also wonder if the new swing has changed my fit in terms of dynamic lie angle. I have been hitting basically straight or right with everything now. When I mess around with upright clubs my baby draw returns. I currently play 1 degree flat in irons and 2 degrees flat in wedges. Case in point, I was hitting some Ping Greens instead of my usual Reds and I saw the same shot window I was used to.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tour AD XC7 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): RTX-4 Raw/DGS400
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

So I combined my PM drills especially around shallowing the club with GG moves and for the first time, the “relax” part of the Downswing with the PM felt natural to me.

Basically, what GG puts out there in vid below is rotating using the left femur (aka your leg!) and hence opening up the left side with real rotation and makes for a whole different (positive) feel for me.

You can check out the vid below but when I do the leg movements GG talks about in the last few mins of the video, it just naturally allows my club to shallow and I don’t have to think much about softening wrists or lowering hands or just about anything else...it just happens.

Unsure if this is right, wrong or otherwise but may want to check it out:

• Like 1

My range just moved back to mats for the winter and I was really struggling with protocols 3 & 5 (I think 3 is my favorite as it makes you rotate hardest) off the mats, but once I used the little rubber tee instead of just off the mat, my body instantly responded due to not having to pick the ball. Started hitting tight little draws with and without PM and getting a great turn/low finish.

Using the tee is annoying and not “cool”, but I highly recommended that you follow the advice in the protocols on that one. Made a huge difference.

• Like 1

With my homemade version it’s been a absolute game changer. Play yesterday for the first time in 5 weeks and I gained at least 20 yards with my driver and I wasn’t that short to begin with. I drove 2 greens I haven’t drove in 5 plus years with softish conditions. I didn’t score well and my wedges were awful but I hit a lot of quality shots.

During my 5 weeks off I started working out again after a couple of year layoff. I got a workout program from

https://instagram.com/golffreakfitness?igshid=113a2okeee0v4

So I don’t know what contributed more to my swing speed but my buddy said my hands were actually above my head for the first time in years and that is because of the plantemate bands. Over the years my swing has gotten quicker, shorter, and laid off. The planemate bands take care off all of that. In one of Martin’s videos he says that he thinks the planemate will have the most positive effect on the older golfer and absolutely believe he is correct.

As far as the style of swing it teaches I think great for most people. Most of us just want to rotate or swing towards the target so anything that gets me closer to that is a positive imo.

I did ask Martin on a Instagram post whether or not you should have a left flat wrist or even bowed past impact. He replied either one the hand path and rotation was more important. The reason why I asked was messing with it on a longer club and I couldn’t keep from flipping it but If I kept my wrist flat or bend in the follow thru I could? So I will be messing around with that for a few days to see how it changes things.

> @GolfChannel said:

> Most of the "criticism" I am seeing on the forum and from teaching professionals involves the release the Planemate teaches. I am not a teaching professional so I can only apply what the PlaneMate does to my swing and what "release" has proven effective while hitting the intended checkpoints of the protocols.

>

>

>

That seems weird since many of the modern instructors seem to teach the same exact pivot driven low left hand path exit/release.

• Like 1

> @Krt22 said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > Most of the "criticism" I am seeing on the forum and from teaching professionals involves the release the Planemate teaches. I am not a teaching professional so I can only apply what the PlaneMate does to my swing and what "release" has proven effective while hitting the intended checkpoints of the protocols.

> >

>

> >

> >

>

> That seems weird since many of the modern instructors seem to teach the same exact pivot driven low left hand path exit/release.

Yeah the only person I know of that's popular and teaches more of an active release is Shawn Clement, at least that's how I've always interpreted his teachings. GG and others really seem to be more about using body rotation and shallowing out the club to get the club face square.

Custom Atwood

TP5 (testing Vice Pro)

> @Krt22 said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > Most of the "criticism" I am seeing on the forum and from teaching professionals involves the release the Planemate teaches. I am not a teaching professional so I can only apply what the PlaneMate does to my swing and what "release" has proven effective while hitting the intended checkpoints of the protocols.

> >

>

> >

> >

>

> That seems weird since many of the modern instructors seem to teach the same exact pivot driven low left hand path exit/release.

These aren’t known teachers (I doubt they know what YouTube is let alone how to post a video), these are 20-30 year guys.

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @GolfChannel said:

> > > Most of the "criticism" I am seeing on the forum and from teaching professionals involves the release the Planemate teaches. I am not a teaching professional so I can only apply what the PlaneMate does to my swing and what "release" has proven effective while hitting the intended checkpoints of the protocols.

> > >

> >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That seems weird since many of the modern instructors seem to teach the same exact pivot driven low left hand path exit/release.

>

> These aren’t known teachers (I doubt they know what YouTube is let alone how to post a video), these are 20-30 year guys.

In that case I guess it makes sense. I wonder what Paul Wilson thinks.

• Like 1

Did the full swing band and experienced my first hosel rockets. The cure for me was just going full speed and trusting I would do it right after a practice swing to get the feels instead of thinking about the band.

What also worked was doing position freezers to a full finish.

Anything slower and mindful of positions led to a horrible result. I can do pitch or chipping speed with the short band, but thus far it’s a no go with the full band unless it’s full speed or freezers.

• Like 1

> @Krt22 said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @GolfChannel said:

> > > > Most of the "criticism" I am seeing on the forum and from teaching professionals involves the release the Planemate teaches. I am not a teaching professional so I can only apply what the PlaneMate does to my swing and what "release" has proven effective while hitting the intended checkpoints of the protocols.

> > > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That seems weird since many of the modern instructors seem to teach the same exact pivot driven low left hand path exit/release.

> >

> > These aren’t known teachers (I doubt they know what YouTube is let alone how to post a video), these are 20-30 year guys.

>

> In that case I guess it makes sense. I wonder what Paul Wilson thinks.

Probably thinks it’s not effortless enough.

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM 9.0 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk 6.5
Taylormade SIM Max 15° Project X Even Flow Riptide 70X

Titleist TS3 19° Hybrid Tensei Pro White 100X
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Tour Issue S400
Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
Vokey SM8 Jet Black LE 60-10S S200
Taylormade Spider X Chalk

> @GolfChannel said:

> Did the full swing band and experienced my first hosel rockets. The cure for me was just going full speed and trusting I would do it right after a practice swing to get the feels instead of thinking about the band.

>

> What also worked was doing position freezers to a full finish.

>

> Anything slower and mindful of positions led to a horrible result. I can do pitch or chipping speed with the short band, but thus far it’s a no go with the full band unless it’s full speed or freezers.

I’m having a tough go with the full swing band as well. Seeing as the short band is still providing significant results 3 weeks in, I’m not in a huge hurry to make the switch.

Actually did everything I could today to bring my PM 3/4 swing to the course. I hit a ton of absolute dimes with scoring clubs and guess what? Hit some hozels and clunkers with the long irons... with high speeds maybe I’m losing the body/arm sync. I definitely can’t pull off the driver protocol yet. Is anyone else winning with the driver protocol?? I know Martin mentions tour pros liking the driver protocol, it’s super tough!!

• Like 2

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> So I combined my PM drills especially around shallowing the club with GG moves and for the first time, the “relax” part of the Downswing with the PM felt natural to me.

>

> Basically, what GG puts out there in vid below is rotating using the left femur (aka your leg!) and hence opening up the left side with real rotation and makes for a whole different (positive) feel for me.

>

> You can check out the vid below but when I do the leg movements GG talks about in the last few mins of the video, it just naturally allows my club to shallow and I don’t have to think much about softening wrists or lowering hands or just about anything else...it just happens.

>

> Unsure if this is right, wrong or otherwise but may want to check it out:

>

>

jeez, too much info, too many positions, just hit the damn ball :-)

• Like 1

[size=3][b][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the damn ball.[/font][/b][/size]
[size=2]TM R1[/size]
[size=2]Adams Tight lies 2 5w[/size]
[size=2]Cleveland Mashie 5h[/size]
[s][size=2]Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW[/size][/s]
[size=2]Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW[/size]
[size=2]Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*[/size]
[size=2]MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*[/size]
[size=2]Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.[/size]

> @Golfbeat said:

> > @Shanky_McShankface said:

> > Cheapo weight-lifting belt, u-bolts and a coat-hanger.

> >

> > asa52mwnflcj.jpg

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Those bolts might become a bit uncomfortable. Maybe turn them to the outside?

bolts on the outside, like this

o4ihxs7iggcn.png

[size=3][b][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the damn ball.[/font][/b][/size]
[size=2]TM R1[/size]
[size=2]Adams Tight lies 2 5w[/size]
[size=2]Cleveland Mashie 5h[/size]
[s][size=2]Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW[/size][/s]
[size=2]Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW[/size]
[size=2]Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*[/size]
[size=2]MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*[/size]
[size=2]Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.[/size]

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @QMany said:

> >

> >

> > Day One Protocol done, I'm liking it so far.

>

> Very nice.

>

> One comment: on the “relax” part, I don’t see the band relaxing much in your swing unless it’s just so subtle that it doesn’t show much in vid.

I think it's hard to relax it on that length of swing. I think it's a feel during the practice swing. Just me though.

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @QMany said:

> >

> >

> > Day One Protocol done, I'm liking it so far.

>

> Very nice.

>

> One comment: on the “relax” part, I don’t see the band relaxing much in your swing unless it’s just so subtle that it doesn’t show much in vid.

I haven't got to any "relax" instruction yet. Day One Protocol is just a very short basic pitching motion maintaining light tension throughout.

Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

Taylormade TP5

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @Shanky_McShankface said:

> > Cheapo weight-lifting belt, u-bolts and a coat-hanger.

> >

> > asa52mwnflcj.jpg

> >

> >

> >

> >

> Start selling them on Etsy!

>

Somewhat serious post but if they patented this design, he could possibly get sued, no? Either way, very cool.

Custom Atwood

TP5 (testing Vice Pro)

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> Somewhat serious post but if they patented this design, he could possibly get sued, no? Either way, very cool.

I'm always astonished at people who would otherwise never shoplift or steal don't think twice about stealing intellectual property from someone else.

Martin's "smart ball" had a lot of knockoffs, but there were golfers with homemade tennis balls on lanyards prior to that.

This is really a unique invention on a lot of levels.

I think the posters displaying their "knock offs" should be ashamed. Not applauded...

• Like 3

> @games said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > Somewhat serious post but if they patented this design, he could possibly get sued, no? Either way, very cool.

>

> I'm always astonished at people who would otherwise never shoplift or steal don't think twice about stealing intellectual property from someone else.

>

> Martin's "smart ball" had a lot of knockoffs, but there were golfers with homemade tennis balls on lanyards prior to that.

> This is really a unique invention on a lot of levels.

> I think the posters displaying their "knock offs" should be ashamed. Not applauded...

I think it's fine as long as he doesn't try to start mass producing them and selling them. I made my own tour striker ball but I didn't try to sell them or otherwise profit off Martin's IP. As long as there is no patent, he's just putting stuff out there. I'm not a lawyer though so I don't want to say something that's not true.

• Like 2

Custom Atwood

TP5 (testing Vice Pro)

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > @Shanky_McShankface said:

> > > Cheapo weight-lifting belt, u-bolts and a coat-hanger.

> > >

> > > asa52mwnflcj.jpg

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > Start selling them on Etsy!

> >

>

> Somewhat serious post but if they patented this design, he could possibly get sued, no? Either way, very cool.

Absolutely. It's one thing to replicate something for personal use, it's another to profit off said replicas.

• Like 2

> @Golfbeat said:

> The one Planemate on eBay is currently at a $250 bid + shipping with 4 days to go. I encourage anyone who will not be using their PM to put it on eBay. There will be some good bids.

Craziness!

And the bidding is just beginning. You could sell your used PM today for easily $100 profit and simply wait a cpl weeks until new stock comes in. Treat yourself and the wife (or significant other!) to a nice steak dinner:)

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @Golfbeat said:

> > The one Planemate on eBay is currently at a $250 bid + shipping with 4 days to go. I encourage anyone who will not be using their PM to put it on eBay. There will be some good bids.

>

> Craziness!

>

> And the bidding is just beginning. You could sell your used PM today for easily $100 profit and simply wait a cpl weeks until new stock comes in. Treat yourself and the wife (or significant other!) to a nice steak dinner:)

>

>

More like 3 months waiting.

• Like 1