Latest round (see below), a tale of two 9’s. Typically, I lose it on the front and then right the ship on the back. Today I did things backwards.

Overall, I hit the ball magnificently, one of the best ball striking days I’ve ever had from wedges through driver. The PlaneMate is the real deal. I have never struck the ball this well. Today what actually sabotaged me was my short game decision making. Normally wedge play is the hallmark of my game, but today it handcuffed me on many of the holes.

In reality, I just made some bad decisions from the sand which was wet, clumpy, and kind of fluffy (which I didn’t know was possible) so I was hitting it almost double the length I expect to hit it out of the bunker with each of my wedges. I also had few difficult lies which I dialed in carry wise, but came out with less spin than I was expecting and the ball released to the back fringe or over on a few greens even though it landed dead on my number (the greens on this course are super firm and fast so land angle is deeply important).

A few breaks here or there, or better execution on my wedge decision making and this round starts to look like scratch or under. Play again tomorrow with my boys preparing for their next tournament on Tuesday.

ycagq9sakjko.png

Not mine, but a playing partners for chuckles. Let me know when you see it.

ji7n71p2vkq9.jpeg

Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tour AD XC7 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): RTX-4 Raw/DGS400
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Planematemania in full effect for this guy. I’ve had the planemate for almost a month. Decided to warmup with it before my round yesterday. Results: my first Hole In One and shot a personal best by 3

In my opinion I think the instant feedback is what makes this tool so valuable. How many times have you taken a lesson and implemented things quickly while your instructor was there watching and givin

> @jgonz69 said: > > @kobe123 said: > > I just started yesterday. I'm a little nervous. My current handicap is a +0.1 so I'm a little skeptical, but hey, if rory is using it, i'll try

Posted Images

> @jwm1 said:

> > @MaineMariner said:

> > My last two rounds have featured some of the best iron and wedge play of my life. I mean just unbelievable ball striking and ball flight. I've had several of those "shots that make you come back" type of iron shots.

> >

> > Conversely, my driver has just totally fallen apart. Just, completely gone. I'm hitting HARD pulls and duck hooks, which was not my miss before I started using the PM (usually big blocks, sometimes featuring an ugly slice).

> >

> > I have to figure there's something to be learned from that, and the only difference in my game has been the introduction of the PM. I still have only done a few of the protocols and am overall taking it very slow.

>

>

> I had the same duck hook issue. I was only practicing wedges in my yard and then I played a round without ever hitting my driver with the new feel. I was a high fade before and it became a smother hook. Halfway through the round I tried really getting my chest open through the swing and weakening my grip. I had some of the longer drives of my life after that. You have to figure out what your compensations were with your old swing, strong grip, not rotating your chest, that are causing the smother hooks but I hear you. It was scary at first. It went from my strength to awful and then back to strength.

>

@jwm1 I think hearing this is what I needed. I can execute the short band very well and am having quite a bit of success- with that said, I can’t even come close to pulling off the driver protocol. I hadn’t thought about my previous swing compensations and just assumed I could figure it out with reps- wasn’t really happening. Need to slow down and drill in an open chest move as you suggested.

Hopefully the tourstriker folks put out more protocols for this type of thing- almost like a ‘fault protocol’ series or ‘compensation series’. I heard Martin say on a podcast he posted recently that they were thinking about something like this- hopefully it’s true!

The PM is helping me no end, played a competition each of the last 2 weekends and my ball striking has been superb, especially considering i haven't hit a single ball in between these rounds and haven't been to the range for a month. All i've done is protocols without a ball in my lounge most evenings, 10 - 15 mins normally. This is where i am seeing a huge benefit, when i get to the course i don't feel rusty or like the swing feels alien, it feels almost automatic. Given i have very little time to practice this is huge.

In my last 2 rounds i've hit 23/28 fairways, not had a single hook which i have been fighting for months with longer clubs, and hit 29/36 greens.

Now i just need to find something to help my putting out as much as the PM is helping my swing!

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

> @Krt22 said:

> $250...minus ebay/paypal fees...factor in the sales tax paid on the first...and your windfall profits are down to 3 buckets of balls. You will likely improve more in 3 months with the PM than you will with that extra 3 bucket of balls

>

>

It's almost at $400 with 10 hours to go.

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM 9*
Taylormade M6 15*
Callaway Apex 18*

PXG 0211 4-PW
Callaway MD4 50* | 54* | 58*
PXG Mini Gunboat Gen 2

> @spineshank said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > $250...minus ebay/paypal fees...factor in the sales tax paid on the first...and your windfall profits are down to 3 buckets of balls. You will likely improve more in 3 months with the PM than you will with that extra 3 bucket of balls

> >

> >

>

> It's almost at $400 with 10 hours to go.

There are two more PM's now.

> @spineshank said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > $250...minus ebay/paypal fees...factor in the sales tax paid on the first...and your windfall profits are down to 3 buckets of balls. You will likely improve more in 3 months with the PM than you will with that extra 3 bucket of balls

> >

> >

>

> It's almost at $400 with 10 hours to go.

Would not be surprised if they are fraudulent or shill bidders. It's a great device, but almost 3x retail is silly.

_Is this supposed to make you feel like you have to rotate your chest super hard?_

For my experience, I wouldn't characterize it as a super hard (intense) turn. However, if I don't just keep turning through impact, it is impossible for me to get my hands/arms in the desired position and my wrists will flip instead of re-hinge. It is much more rotation than I ever managed previously.

• Like 2

> @ShankLife said:

> Where are these being manufactured? Are they being assembled in the same place and shipped direct from their to the consumer or are they sending to a distro center stateside?

>

> This doesn't seem to be anything from Planet Mars. the design and appeal is scary simple and effective. I'd be surprised if TS doesn't contract another facility to assist in production.

>

> For anyone else looking to buy this, I recommend you visit the tour striker site and practice the protocols at home WITHOUT the PlaneMate. Those videos, on their own are worth their value alone and they're free. You don't need to planemate to rebuild your swing like this. It's a tool and you're its master.

>

> Still waiting to hear if anyone practices these protocols on uneven lies.

I practice them on any lie I can encounter. We played a practice round today and I used it from some ridiculous lies that only if God truly hated you would you ever end up in. Still put on a stripe show.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tour AD XC7 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): RTX-4 Raw/DGS400
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

i kind of prefer the feel of the tour striker smart ball and doing freezers with that for what im working on (better shoulder turn, keeping arms in front, eliminating arm overrun) than the plane mate will probably sell mine with them backordered until january. seems more repeatable too on the course with what feels work for me. PM feels more handsy to me and hands feels dont work as well. doing the first couple days takeaway protocols with the pitch band though has been fantastic for my chipping.

> @ShankLife said:

> Where are these being manufactured? Are they being assembled in the same place and shipped direct from their to the consumer or are they sending to a distro center stateside?

>

> This doesn't seem to be anything from Planet Mars. the design and appeal is scary simple and effective. I'd be surprised if TS doesn't contract another facility to assist in production.

Anything but China would really surprise me.

> @ShankLife said:

>

>

> For anyone else looking to buy this, I recommend you visit the tour striker site and practice the protocols at home WITHOUT the PlaneMate. Those videos, on their own are worth their value alone and they're free. You don't need to planemate to rebuild your swing like this. It's a tool and you're its master.

>

> Still waiting to hear if anyone practices these protocols on uneven lies.

Based on the packaging and ship from location, I’d say final packaging is actually being done locally by a smaller venture. Im guessing the bottle necks in delivery are due to supply constraints on individual components fabricated offshore.

> @mole-in-one said:

> > @ShankLife said:

> > Where are these being manufactured? Are they being assembled in the same place and shipped direct from their to the consumer or are they sending to a distro center stateside?

> >

> > This doesn't seem to be anything from Planet Mars. the design and appeal is scary simple and effective. I'd be surprised if TS doesn't contract another facility to assist in production.

>

> Anything but China would really surprise me.

You think they could pump them out faster then.

Taylormade SIM 9*
Taylormade M6 15*
Callaway Apex 18*

PXG 0211 4-PW
Callaway MD4 50* | 54* | 58*
PXG Mini Gunboat Gen 2

> @dblinden said:

> Martin Chuck posted that the item might sell out from pre-orders before stock even arrives. He may have been kidding, but I don't think so.

>

That’s pretty much been the case every release. They post the pre order, it sells out, shipment comes 2 months later. I think the current pre order date of January is so they can get as many as possible in stock. I’ve seen licks from previous pre orders and they have hundreds of boxes come in

> @SUNLINE said:

> PlaneMate broke

>

> The club attachment clip snapped in two. Waiting to hear back fro Tour Striker

Back when I got the PM initially, I posted my concern about the longevity of the club attachment. You have to really cinch it on tight to get it to stay in place during operation, and it's just a piece of plastic and a screw. This is going to be the component that fails easiest, I would imagine.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5 deg.

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood

Cobra F9 5 Wood

Srixon H45 4 hybrid

Srixon 565 5-AW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 deg.

Callaway PM Grind 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock 17

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @kobe123 said:

> > Been working with the planemate for about 5 days mostly indoors. Only taken it 2x to the range. Here is what my swing is looking like

> >

> >

>

> Nice but before/after may help vs just after?

>

>

Whoops! Done :)

> @MaineMariner said:

> > @SUNLINE said:

> > PlaneMate broke

> >

> > The club attachment clip snapped in two. Waiting to hear back fro Tour Striker

>

> Back when I got the PM initially, I posted my concern about the longevity of the club attachment. You have to really cinch it on tight to get it to stay in place during operation, and it's just a piece of plastic and a screw. This is going to be the component that fails easiest, I would imagine.

I would 100% agree with this. I'm not sure if there is a possibility of stripping the screw on attachment either.

I think I'm hitting the ball higher but shorter now that I've started used the PM and am focused on getting the handle left by rotating. I think its because I have less forward press at impact as I historically have a steep swing but have adjusted to hit down on the ball. Now that I think I'm flatter, I think I have more dynamic loft so it's a higher but shorter shot.

Could be age as well though......sigh.

> @dhc1 said:

> I think I'm hitting the ball higher but shorter now that I've started used the PM and am focused on getting the handle left by rotating. I think its because I have less forward press at impact as I historically have a steep swing but have adjusted to hit down on the ball. Now that I think I'm flatter, I think I have more dynamic loft so it's a higher but shorter shot.

>

> Could be age as well though......sigh.

Not necessarily. This is where "matchups" come in!

When I learned to rotate my body more (flip less), I had to move to stronger grip (lead hand more on top; trail hand underneath) and put my ball position back in my stance.

IMO, increased body rotation produces a more rounded arc to the swing, while the "hand flip" is more of a "curved line". If you increase your body's rotation, to optimize distance and direction, you probably have to make compensating changes to grip and/or ball placement. Possibly even change club length and/or lie angles!

• Like 1