> @SkolGolfTN said:

> > @danielt823 said:

> > I’ve gone through all protocols using the planemate. Haven’t been able to hit balls with it yet but it’s worked wonders, I was habitually a roll the fore arms/club laid off/ stuck behind flipper with early extension. But now I can take it back much more vertical which allows me to shallow it better.

> >

> > I’m working on some proper videos for a before and after but it really does work.

> >

> > However I am struggling with the last protocol where you need to shallow/relax the wrists and shift pressure, this is leading to thin strokes when I shallow and don’t shift my weight forward.

> >

> > I’m very confident that if I can actually hit some balls with it soon then that will change. I just don’t want to look like an idiot at the driving range haha!

>

> You’ll look like an idiot at the driving range no matter what. Wearing the belt with the band attached to your club is a total attention getter, and you look like a total rookie out there with it on. BUT. Once you stripe a couple you won’t care- I hate going to the range without it now. The instant feedback is worth all the goofy looks.

See I'm the opposite I could careless what people think. I'm out there getting better just like anyone else. If anyone gives me funny looks, I always just ask if they want to try it. lol

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Planematemania in full effect for this guy. I’ve had the planemate for almost a month. Decided to warmup with it before my round yesterday. Results: my first Hole In One and shot a personal best by 3

you can’t teach that guy anything, he never stops interrupting instructors, it’s a painful watch for me

In my opinion I think the instant feedback is what makes this tool so valuable. How many times have you taken a lesson and implemented things quickly while your instructor was there watching and givin

Posted Images

> @dslatt33 said:

> Seems to be a mixed bag of people who like it and will continue training with it and those who tried it and found out it wasn't for them.

>

I don't think that is 100% the case. There are those who have pretty quick success and those who need to work a bit harder since their swing might be a bit further away from the model/pattern the planemate is designed around. One of my playing partners is a mid cap, always had speed, always was a bit steep, low ball flight, etc. He has one as well, last round together I've never see him hit the ball so well. Ended up hitting 12 GIRs with a much higher/straighter/consistent ball flight.

• Like 1

I also have a tough time > @dslatt33 said:

> Seems to be a mixed bag of people who like it and will continue training with it and those who tried it and found out it wasn't for them.

>

All depends on what type of teaching style you like. I'm not sure people who follow certain instructors would get behind this.

You either square it with your hands or rotation. If you want to square with your hands... well good luck with the PM.

If you want to square it with rotation then it takes a lot of practice and perseverance. People who give up on this imo didn't practice with it enough. I'm roughly around scratch and am still struggling with it, but it's about to be winter time so I plan to revamp my swing.

All depends on what type of teaching style you like. I'm not sure people who follow certain instructors would get behind this.

Agree 100% with that statement its why I think some people will buy it, try it and decide its not for them.

From what I've read and the videos I've watched the takeaway and magic move on the DS reminds me of what Leadbetter teaches in his A swing. Clubhead outside the hands turn the takeaway then club head behind hands in DS. Its one side of the A and the other side.

> @dslatt33 said:

> All depends on what type of teaching style you like. I'm not sure people who follow certain instructors would get behind this.

>

> Agree 100% with that statement its why I think some people will buy it, try it and decide its not for them.

>

> From what I've read and the videos I've watched the takeaway and magic move on the DS reminds me of what Leadbetter teaches in his A swing. Clubhead outside the hands turn the takeaway then club head behind hands in DS. Its one side of the A and the other side.

If you're a Bender guy I don't think you'd get behind this as his release is with the hands and thoroughly believes the wrists control the fac.e

> @kobe123 said:

> > @dslatt33 said:

> > All depends on what type of teaching style you like. I'm not sure people who follow certain instructors would get behind this.

> >

> > Agree 100% with that statement its why I think some people will buy it, try it and decide its not for them.

> >

> > From what I've read and the videos I've watched the takeaway and magic move on the DS reminds me of what Leadbetter teaches in his A swing. Clubhead outside the hands turn the takeaway then club head behind hands in DS. Its one side of the A and the other side.

>

> If you're a Bender guy I don't think you'd get behind this as his release is with the hands and thoroughly believes the wrists control the fac.e

More of a Tinker guy, swing is always changing. Got good with Manzella and Jacobs, moved on to Leadbetter and Malaska.

Always trying to find something to make me better and I guess that why this device has caught my eye. Something to work on in my house over the winter.

> @kobe123 said:

> > @dslatt33 said:

> > All depends on what type of teaching style you like. I'm not sure people who follow certain instructors would get behind this.

> >

> > Agree 100% with that statement its why I think some people will buy it, try it and decide its not for them.

> >

> > From what I've read and the videos I've watched the takeaway and magic move on the DS reminds me of what Leadbetter teaches in his A swing. Clubhead outside the hands turn the takeaway then club head behind hands in DS. Its one side of the A and the other side.

>

> If you're a Bender guy I don't think you'd get behind this as his release is with the hands and thoroughly believes the wrists control the fac.e

Or a paul wilson guy, strong is wrong and a draw is a flaw. Kapow!

• Like 1

> @kobe123 said:

> > @dslatt33 said:

> >

> >

>

Zach Johnson does not look very wristy.

> @Golfbeat said:

> > @kobe123 said:

> > > @dslatt33 said:

> > > All depends on what type of teaching style you like. I'm not sure people who follow certain instructors would get behind this.

> > >

> > > Agree 100% with that statement its why I think some people will buy it, try it and decide its not for them.

> > >

> > > From what I've read and the videos I've watched the takeaway and magic move on the DS reminds me of what Leadbetter teaches in his A swing. Clubhead outside the hands turn the takeaway then club head behind hands in DS. Its one side of the A and the other side.

> >

> > If you're a Bender guy I don't think you'd get behind this as his release is with the hands and thoroughly believes the wrists control the fac.e

>

> Zach Johnson does not look very wristy.

>

>

And rotation in downswing actually opens the face.

Enjoy every sandwich

> @Golfbeat said:

> > @kobe123 said:

> > > @dslatt33 said:

> > > All depends on what type of teaching style you like. I'm not sure people who follow certain instructors would get behind this.

> > >

> > > Agree 100% with that statement its why I think some people will buy it, try it and decide its not for them.

> > >

> > > From what I've read and the videos I've watched the takeaway and magic move on the DS reminds me of what Leadbetter teaches in his A swing. Clubhead outside the hands turn the takeaway then club head behind hands in DS. Its one side of the A and the other side.

> >

> > If you're a Bender guy I don't think you'd get behind this as his release is with the hands and thoroughly believes the wrists control the fac.e

>

>

>

> @Golfbeat said:

> > @kobe123 said:

> > > @dslatt33 said:

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

If you follow bender Instagram like I do, he 100% says you square the face with your wrists.

> @kobe123 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @kobe123 said:

> > > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > > > @willbones said:

> > > > > Anyone having toe shanks with this?

> > > > I don’t hit balls w the PM. Found that I’m better at just going through the protocols without a ball because anytime I tee a ball up with this contraption on, my club goes crashing into the ball. Also had one of our local pros try the PM and then try to hit balls and he couldn’t do it just justice as well.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'd recommend hitting balls with it. It takes time but it really helps.

> > >

> >

> > Agreed, the feedback is great. If you can't hit balls with it on, it means you just have more work to do

>

> 100% if you can't hit balls with it you're doing it incorrectly. It has taken me a good two weeks but I'm getting a little better.

Weather getting too cold to hit balls with it?

Still literally hit and miss with the full band on. Most of the time I hosel rocket it to kingdom come. Always funny to see the chuckles and glares from the older crowd on the range as I shank it over and over and never step out of the process with the PlaneMate. Each shot purposeful. Each shot with full intent. Then take it off, and no matter the contact with it on, it’s a stripe show when you take it off. Then I get the joy of watching my range compatriots change their demeanor to awe. I then wish them luck on their continued journey to duffdom as I walk proudly to the 1st tee.

Yesterday was the quickest I warmed up on course. My body no matter how much I warm up seems to wake up slowly to rounds from all my wrestling injuries. It usually takes me 10 holes and then I go pin-hunting to save my score. Yesterday only took 6 holes. The feeling was liberating. My fairway numbers were down, but everything except for one drive was within 2 feet of the fairway so fairway in my mind and often sitting up better than the fairway.

Average distance away from the hole on the back 9 was a little over 10 feet. Just needed to convert some putts, which I did not do.

3v7sqae22cqz.png

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tour AD XC7 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): RTX-4 Raw/DGS400
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Had promised myself to never buy another training aid. However after following this thread and reading some reviews I pulled the trigger and ordered one (from UK) and received it last week. Have been working with it several hours the last couple of days, mainly indoors. It`s and interesting aid that I think will help me with my inside take away and the pivoting, so far I really like it. The only thing that annoys me is that the club connector is twisting specially when hitting balls. I try to tighten it as hard as I can but it still moves. Any other having the same problem?

> @grillkungen said:

> Had promised myself to never buy another training aid. However after following this thread and reading some reviews I pulled the trigger and ordered one (from UK) and received it last week. Have been working with it several hours the last couple of days, mainly indoors. It`s and interesting aid that I think will help me with my inside take away and the pivoting, so far I really like it. The only thing that annoys me is that the club connector is twisting specially when hitting balls. I try to tighten it as hard as I can but it still moves. Any other having the same problem?

What you’re describing only happened to me when I would forget to rotate properly on the forward swing (letting the arms sync with the rotation versus lagging behind it). I typically do 10 swings on video, back off, watch the video and reflect. Then start again.

• Like 1

Always record in slow motion. I have fixed so many issues just using the proper setting on my phone to video so I can analyze it to the best of my ability.

• Like 1

> @drh90 said:

> Anyone else have both a Planemate and The Hanger?

>

> Interested in others thoughts about the comparison.

>

> I’ve found PM to be more ‘allowing’ of a stall and hit/flip in the moment (which then gives you great feedback in the form of a tangled mess around your arm). But is also far superior at giving lasting feels after it’s taken off.

>

> Hanger is perhaps more ‘ruthless’ by nature of having the bar on your arm through the swing stopping a flip and by nature forcing you to rotate to hit the ball. But a bit like stabilisers on a bike I’ve found it’s not particularly easy to then ween yourself off the aid and still retain feels.

>

> Interested to hear from others though!

Same question with one exception. Planemate vs the Power Package. Anyone use both? How do they compare? How well do these protocols work with the power package?

• Like 1

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
Cleveland RTX 54*
Cleveland RTX 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

> @grillkungen said:

> Had promised myself to never buy another training aid. However after following this thread and reading some reviews I pulled the trigger and ordered one (from UK) and received it last week. Have been working with it several hours the last couple of days, mainly indoors. It`s and interesting aid that I think will help me with my inside take away and the pivoting, so far I really like it. **The only thing that annoys me is that the club connector is twisting specially when hitting balls. I try to tighten it as hard as I can but it still moves. Any other having the same problem? **

After some more research I found this [https://youtu.be/u56AjXx8QPg] (starts at 5.00) on the tour striker site and Martin Chuck explains how to fix this issue with some tape and sandpaper. Anyone tried this?

This is , hands down, the best training aid I have ever used. And I’ve tried a bunch over the years. I’ve had mine for several weeks. Been practicing the first three protocols in my den. Even without hitting balls I have seen a definite improvement in my ball striking. Today, for the first time, I took the PM outside to a local park to pitch some balls. After a few warm-up swings I proceeded to pitch balls, in groups of ten to allow for my thinking to process the activity, to a 25 yd. target. I pitched 10 groups of 10. 9 out of each 10 landed within 2-3 yds.of my target. The worst miss was 5 yds. from my target. I couldn’t get any kind of read on roll out as the park grass was about 3” long. I’m carry a low single digit hcp. So I have some expectations of hitting a decent shot on a short pitch but I’ve never seen accuracy like this. On my less than best attempts I typically tend to hit these short pitches a little toward the toe. Using the PM I hit dead center almost every time. After the initial 100 balls I took the PM off and hit an additional 2 groups of ten. I experienced the “ghost” swing others have talked about. It was as though the club was swinging itself. I wasn’t quite as accurate without the PM on. My line remained excellent but of the twenty, 3 carried 4-5 yds. longer than I wanted and 2 came up 4-5 yds. short. The others landed pretty much dead on. My strike remained virtually dead center, which I was very pleased with. Really looking forward to going on to the next protocols. I’m playing tomorrow but I doubt the “ghost swing” feel will last until tomorrow. I’ll give this device 5 out of 5 stars so far.

• Like 2

> @grillkungen said:

> Had promised myself to never buy another training aid. However after following this thread and reading some reviews I pulled the trigger and ordered one (from UK) and received it last week. Have been working with it several hours the last couple of days, mainly indoors. It`s and interesting aid that I think will help me with my inside take away and the pivoting, so far I really like it. The only thing that annoys me is that the club connector is twisting specially when hitting balls. I try to tighten it as hard as I can but it still moves. Any other having the same problem?

Same problem.......I took a old range mat rubber tee. Cut it to about 1" length of connector and cut it open so it slips on club like a rubber sleeve. Also added a small piece of duct tape inside connector to give better contact with rubber tee sleeve. Connector does not move on club and much less force used to tighten.

• Like 1

> @dslatt33 said:

> All depends on what type of teaching style you like. I'm not sure people who follow certain instructors would get behind this.

>

> Agree 100% with that statement its why I think some people will buy it, try it and decide its not for them.

>

> From what I've read and the videos I've watched the takeaway and magic move on the DS reminds me of what Leadbetter teaches in his A swing. Clubhead outside the hands turn the takeaway then club head behind hands in DS. Its one side of the A and the other side.

Ding ding ding.....

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

> @hurley999s said:

> Same. I had some decent feels the first couple protocols and then my swing went to the garbage. By not getting deep enough on the backswing, when I started rotating, I was coming massively over the top - like shaft coming down in line with my *lead* forearm (from DTL). My follow through is balanced and I was ending up with the band in the proper spot, not crossed up, so I thought everything was ok and I chalked the nasty ball striking up to new feels. But when I looked on video, I was shocked at the horrendous disaster my swing had become.

>

> Before people get in an uproar, I’m not trashing the PM at all. I think it’s a fantastic device, but I would just say that it’s extra important to video yourself or have someone watch you to correct/adjust in real time. My swing isn’t wrecked and I’m confident that the PM will benefit me so I’m going to continue to use it. Now I know for the future that I need to have checkpoints along the way so I’m ingraining proper moves and not “fooling” the PM.

100% I'm in same boat. Hitting shanks and coming down steep because I'm not near deep enough.

> @Krt22 said:

> Most EE comes with a stall/flip which will get you all tangled up with the planemate

What I tried to say is that when you have been stall/flipping for years you probably also were EEing (you had to). If you stop stall/flipping and properly rotate with a more shallow path you can no longer goat hump or you will shank it. With the short swings this will not be so evident but with the full swings it might show up.

> @ShankLife said:

> Now, I have been messing with the protocols that are on the website. You don’t need a planemate for this. Those protocols are relatively well made and can help you rebuild a swing quite easily. Martin Chuck was onto something with this.

>

> I’m fresh off the best round of my life. By 3 strokes. My tools for improvement lies within using the protocols and the smart ball.

>

> Even if you guys don’t have a planemate or are waiting for one, there’s nothing stopping you from using those protocols. They’ve been paying back in spades.

>

I did the protocols before buying a PM just like you did to see if I felt the PM was actually needed. And I agree that they provide a benefit on their own... But coming from someone who now has a PM... it’s literally night and day. The instant feedback and feeling the right feels is hard to describe. I don’t expect to convince you, but you should absolutely go out of your way to try one out.

I warmed up with it before my round yesterday and it built in my swing feels for the day. PB by 3 strokes as well! Crazy minimal swing thoughts during the round, just rehearse and commit to the shot. - any others warming up before rounds with it??

• Like 1

Just snuck out for a range session to work on hands exiting low and left and I am pretty sure I hit the best wedge shot of my life and then proceeded to repeat that best wedge shot of my life through the entire bucket.

It was just stupid. Also, pretty sure after today’s fitting I will have some new RTX4’s soon. Now I just need to determine my preferred finish black or raw.