Tourstriker Planemate

I am looking forward to picking one of these up really cheap about mid 2020 after a few hundred 30 handicaps get one and abandon it after 3 days after waiting months to get one.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

A buddy let me borrow his planemate he bought a while back. He basically never used it so it’s mine for as long as I want. Score!

so played around at the range for about an hour today before my round. I watched the 7 protocols before getting to the course. Got there and strapped it on. I had a pretty good idea what to do and basically jumped into taking half shots and into 3/4 shots with my PW on the range.

I will agree this is probably best training aid I’ve ever used. Immediately gave me some insight. I definitely quickly realized I do flip and stall a little. Another thing is it seemed to make me stay down on the ball through the shot. Guess I have a tendency to look up.

anyway. After about an hour and a large bucket I was getting the jist of it pretty well and played my round today. Overall I played decent. Hit some great shots and thinned a lot of shots. But was to be expected considering I was trying out a brand new swing and was trying to play the entire day imagining I had on the planemate.

my one big concern is it seemed like I lost distance. Is that normal? About half a club to a full club at times. Even on shots I seemed to pure. Didn’t go as far? Also my lower back is on fire!!!

curious if anyone else experienced this?

• Like 1

IG: golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Cobra F9 3 Wood
Titleist 818 H1 19° Hybrid
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50°, 54°, 58°
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

@00bolt The inherent challenge in swing changes is being able to execute the correct move without thinking about performing it. If you're thinking about the swing, you're slowing it down...
If a move is resulting in pain, you probably shouldn't do it. I'm liking the Planemate because it is encouraging me to use a modicum of lower body movement. I suspect many of us "club" players don't have enough lower body rotation. But, if it's hurting you, don't do it.
You mentioned you were thin on some shots. I would complement the PM with purchase of a Tour Striker club to promote a slightly steeper angle of attack and maybe proper hand/wrist conditions at impact.
  • Like 1

Never tried it personally.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

There is no particular reason the planemate should cause a distance loss. i certainly have not experienced that. If anything I’m a little longer due to more solid contact. As far as your back, I’m guessing the planemate is having you rotate through the ball more than you ever have in the past. From your post it also looks like you have progressed through the protocols way faster than your body can deal with. Go back and work each protocol for a few days before advancing to the next. The planemate is a great training aid but there are no short cuts.

• Like 1

Hi fellow planematers!

I've ordered the PM and I'm in the Feb 24 shipment, so I've made my DIY rather than wait 2 months. Someone mentioned the swingyde, I installed it 4 inches from my 50* wedge grip after laying down about 12" of blue tape around the shaft. I used an approx. 18" green bungee hooked around the swingyde with the other end tied around my right belt loop, the first loop right of the fly. I shortened the bungee a bit to create some minor tension at address. First I did the no Bswing follow thru drill and proceeded to the shaft parallel to ground drill where you create some shallowing with right wrist extension. Proceeded to start shanking as I was massively stuck and under and sliding, my usual issues. Once I realized that the butt had to go around and not down After you shallow, I was able to hit some good shots. Question for you guys: Martin wants a steep backswing, but how about depth? Is depth bad or neutral as long as you are steep and the club stays in front of you?? Thanks, this feels like the real deal, and even if you hit some bad shots, when you take it off, you are going to at least rotate better.

In the advanced protocols they talk about as much width and height as you can around left arm parallel (within reason of course).

Also I definitely found it worth concentrating on impact for the first month or so and really ignoring the backswing beyond hip high/p2. I found doing that and the one handed swings as often as you can really dials in solid repeatable impact position feels if you have the patience. It will definitely help sort those shanks.

Who do you guys recommend for video on line lessons for planemate ? I guess Martin Chuck is not available, but I did notice there are 3 pros on the tourstriker website offering vid lessons. Any planemate guys try them ? Any other guys, I noticed Zach Allen is a big planemate fan, he does vid lessons I think.

I received mine about a week ago. I have always been had an OTT swing, a real digger and it always lead to inconsistency in my ball striking, some days were good, some were particularly bad.

I spent a few days following the protocols and the moment I went into a semi full swing I actually laughed out loud at the feeling of shallowing. I attached the Garmin truswing on the club to just see the physical change and it is night and day difference to what I was doing. The extra rotation required is the biggest challenge and if not done enough I hit blocked shots.

I have tried a few things over the years but nothing can get you to actually feel a golf swing like the Planemate can.

I believe they stated they would ship by order received. If you pre ordered on Oct, you would get yours before those that pre ordered in Dec. hopefully that’s false and they all arrive about the same time.

The last email I received simply stated my preorder was on schedule for a Jan delivery.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Interested in Planemate users and how they used the Protocol videos initially--and then in the steady state.

Did you do just as the video stated? I.e., do this particular movement 30 times ..... and done for the day? Or do you do it more than 30? Or after the 30, do you hit balls for fun or take a bunch of swings without the Planemate?Did you follow it exactly as far as one-protocol-per-day? Or did you do the first 3 protocols on Day 1? Or repeat Protocol 4 for 3 straight days? After you went through all the protocols, which protocols do you review and repeat?Did you play or take full swings at the range while going through the protocols for the first time? Is that counterproductive? If you did it anyway, what were your results like?Thanks in advance for sharing!

Interested as well

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I got my PM back in October. I mainly hit wiffle balls in the garage with the PM. Initially I followed the original short band profiles and worked through all of them in about 2 hours. I then spent the next few weeks working through them either in order, or focusing on ones that felt the most impactful. I was able to play a round in Nov at Chamber's Bay. One of the numbnuts in our group insisted we play from the tips, which made for a tough round, but I haven't hit so many flushed iron shots in my life. Since then I've continued to spend 30 mins or so a couple times a week working on back swing and follow through positions. I'll wrap up with 75% swings with the planemate on. When I go to the range I'll warm up with the planemate then hit the bulk of the shots without the PM on, trying to find a simple swing thought/feel I can use on the course and not be too technical. I played one more round before the weather turned to crap at a course I'd never played before and shot well below my 12 handicap and used the PM to warmup. Overall I'm feeling quite confident with my irons, now to work on the driver...

Thanks codyrh22. The swing thoughts from the videos do seem to apply more to irons than the driver (though they should generally apply to the driver swing also). Your driver swing didn't benefit the way your irons have?

Other than more solid contact, any noticeable difference in swing speed / power?

I haven’t put in a lot of work on the driver yet, and it’s so “natural” to try to swing that club as hard as possible. I find it more difficult to relax and rotate, which is what the PM teaches.

I've always had a long, armsy, over the top swing with all clubs. This has really helped me shorten up the swing, or at least take some of the excessive wrist hinge out. And my distances have changed. I’ll trade accuracy for distance any day as I’ve always been able to hit it decently far. So if anything I’ve slowed down a little while learning a new way to swing.

My next goal is to really work on using my legs more efficiently with this new swing. I expect that along with more solid contact will increase swing speed.

• Like 1