2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Tourstriker Planemate

It is interesting to hear all the points made on all sides of this. For the record I placed my order Oct 3rd and have not gotten an email either. I placed another order for two PMs for my high school golf teams to use

a few days later. I am not totally sure if these delays are going to help or hurt sales long term. Everyone wants what they ordered as fast as possible. There's a really good chance most of this was a supplier issue as well. I too think we have been spoiled buy the Amazons of the world.

I know I am old enough to remember waiting 4-6 weeks or longer for catalog orders so this just feels like the olden days in some ways. Personally I was hopeful for this week but when they arrive they arrive.

I’m a little shocked by some of the responses. I agree, they should not have charged until the unit shipped. That stated, I feel they have been up front and honest regarding their product availability estimates.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I have a golf trip coming up Jan 31: 4 rounds in 3 days. The big question for me will be, depending on when the PM arrives, should I train with it before I go?!

The "conservative" thing might be to just play with what I've got rather than risk being "between swings" (or between swing thoughts) for that trip. That will, of course, mean I'd have to resist playing with the new toy for a while. Maybe it's best if it doesn't arrive for me til after the end of the month!!

While that’s nice for the customer that’s a terrible business move. So say they take reservations or whatever on 10k of them without charging. They have 10k built and ready to go. Then what? You have to contact your customers and say “do you still want to buy?” Or charge a card several months afterwards? What happens with all the customers whose cards had since expired, had to get new ones, etc. It would be a nightmare. Imagine the bounced transactions, buyers remorse, people who ghost you...you make the sale when you can and disclose as much as you can about the timing to the best of your ability. That’s the smart move.

In my opinion nothing here wasn’t ”up front and honest“ - everyone who placed an order did so knowing that they would be shipping in January. I get it’s frustrating when you expect exact timelines to be held to, but knowing the situation that you bought into, I wouldn’t be too concerned that things are a few days behind. All things considered it’s a pretty good forecast that far out.

Disclosure - not at all affiliated with tourstriker. I bought a PM back in the summer and went through the same deal. I have owned a small e-commerce business though so my views are looking at it from that standpoint

• Like 1

In my experience with it, you can follow the protocols and train with it and if you can just “shut off” the range and swing thoughts while playing, it will be fine.

If you find yourself playing and thinking more than 1 or 2 swing thoughts, it doesn’t matter if it’s PM, any other aid, or lessons, you’d swing will be a wreck on the course.

When you’re playing just focus on hitting the ball where you’re trying to. Save all the other stuff for the range.

• Like 1

I do not disagree. That’s simply a result of the size of the company. They are not likely to have the capital to cover such a practice.

I feel they were honest in their estimates. Demand has exploded beyond their expectations and they are likely trying like crazy to catch up.

I, like many others, wish it was already in my possession. That stated, it will be here when it gets here. After all, it’s January.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Maybe delay was the wrong word. What I meant was the extended time between order and delivery compared to most transactions that happen today. When I ordered it said estimated shipping on Jan 8 so unless it gets to February they aren't too far off for my liking. Putting out a product like this has got to be very complicated if you really think about the layers involved.

I would say it depends on how much you already swing tinker. Everyone is different. For me, having an improved takeaway and better awareness of my pivot and exit was instantly beneficial. The PM has this really great confidence boost- when you use it, you can FEEL what is correct. This is big. It makes you happy. And when you warm up with it, you get this nice little confidence boost to start your day. You can shut off some swing thoughts. (I’m a swing thought guy- for me it really helps!)

with that said, my short yardage numbers got all out of whack- all my full swing shots have all basically stayed the same (with much more accuracy) but for the first 2 months of PM, my 50-125 shots were way different. I assume due to me previously chopping wood vs the smooth groove I have built now.

if you’re an Adam Young fan, you’ll realize you shouldn’t be in Technical mode as you try and peak for a golf trip anyway... so you just need to decide for yourself. I think the instant upgrade in feels and confidence boost in “knowing it’s right” is probably worth the trouble, and it just might free you up!

• Like 1

For me, I did exactly that and had no problem with it. For the most part when I played the only thought I had was keeping the takeaway similar to that of the PM (not letting the clubhead go inside or wildly out of the hand line. I knew if I did any more like thinking about the rest of the swing, I’d screw myself up so my thought was just keep width on the takeaway and I was fine.

My round wasn’t screwed up and when I got back to PM routines I wasn’t screwed up.

Again, this is my experience only and even though I had no issue, I can’t say that you won’t. If you’re out playing and overthinking mechanics, it’s not going to go well. You have to find a way to just focus on the shot.

• Like 1

"Isn't built to last",one reason I built my own.From doing a little research and with others having issues with the same clip you're talking about,it wasn't that hard to make something much stronger than what the 'current' PM uses.Also Martin even states in one of his videos,that you might need to add something on the "rail" like lip balm I think it was,so the clip slides easier...that's not a good endorsement of your own product.Metal to metal on something that is the main part of this training aid (rail and clip),would've been a better/stronger choice.IMO....And before anybody starts throwing out 'patent infringement' backlash posts,as far as I can tell there is NO patents currently listed for the PlaneMate....could be a "pat.pending" stamped on it though.....My point in all of this,for the current price point of the PM $162 (remember when it first came out it was around $80),it could've been made better and probably even cheaper.

Wonder if those clips that are breaking can just be replaced by some commercial carabiners... there are hundreds of different sizes, grades, materials, etc for them. I think you’d just need to get the clip dimensions.

Hopefully we won’t have that problem and tour striker will take care of us in the unlikely event something does go wrong

Cheap,really LOL? I figured my post might crack a few nuts and ruffle a feather or two.Just wanted to point out there might be a weak link or flaw in the design of the PM after reading where several posters have had an issue with breaking the clamp that hooks on the rail.And like Stanks suggested,a simple fix to help with this apparent problem,would be to add a small metal carabiner to the plastic snap hook and connect the carabiner to the rail.

Another issue some might encounter is the clamp that attaches to the club,could/might slip.Put a couple wraps of masking tape around the shaft where the clamp goes.It does a two things,clamp won't slip and you'll have the same reference point where the clamp goes each time,if you're using a dedicated club.

Look I think the PlaneMate is a pretty cool and effective training device!At the time I made mine,I just didn't want to wait 2 mos.or more to get one,and it was a fairly simple thing to replicate....hence I made my own.I also think that maybe the better value might be in the protocols themselves.Sell the PM at a lesser price,but charge an access fee for how to use it!JMO In the long run,Tour Striker would generate more revenue by doing such!

Yeah brother I’m with you. To their defense, they did notate “estimated” arrival dates or ship dates of product coming to them. They could’ve hired temp labor which would cut into costs and make the next waves of product more expensive to relieve the offset. We are all just customers on the ride. I, personally, don’t mind the delay but I’m not stoked. I still think the best training aid is going out and playing 18 as often as possible.

They are charging $162 for some bands and a belt, the production cost has to be a small fraction of that. They are primarily being paid for the cleverness of their idea. As a business, they could absolutely afford to staff up for a few days to make-up for whatever snag happened with this batch and still be very profitable.