Tourstriker Planemate

I felt this tonight...I was studying the video of Kestner trying to achieve those same positions and I found out how much I was getting my arm across my body and hands behind. Working to get the club to the top was a workout lol. Seriously it was forcing me to lay it off but I had to fight it to try & achieve the proper position.

When I took the PM off I was able to get in the positions a bit easier I felt like. Again no expert and just my opinion but think I really felt what you're describing. Actually makes me think I've been screwing up the swing from the start for quite a while now. lol

ย 

ย 

Anyone else get a short standard band. I was wondering why my full shots are SO restrictive on the backswing. Looking at the band he's using on the protocols (7 iron), I can barely clamp mine half way down without significant resistance. Mine is also green. Did he cut away at the length of these things? How long do yours measure? Are they green or yellow?

ย 

V5YSF6OJUZ6S.png

PM continues to be good to me and most of my players who I put it on. It is not perfect by any means but I feel like it does a few things really well.

It has all but eliminated my early roll and under take away. It also has added some additional structure to the top of my backswing. And my former early steepening move that I have fought for years has been eliminated.

ย 

In my players it has improved their understanding of rotation almost universally. Only one player struggled after using it.

You are likely right, Martin Chuck and David Woods were probably sitting on a huge cache of PMs and secretly timing their release. Quite the ballsy move to throw all modern notions of the importance of time to market to the wind, and instead willfully keep a product out of the hands of eager/impatient/gotta have it now/angry/amazon can get me something in a day type consumers ready to drop $150+, during the most lucrative portion of a retail year (the holiday's).

ย 

Well they had no problem getting $160+ From enough consumers to create multiple back order dates. Everyone can have their opinion and I feel they wouldnโ€™t have sold as many units in comparison to the # of back-orders they received. Not saying it was intentional but look at the T22 release as another example of a multi stage release of a hot item.

My opinion is they would have sold more had they been available for immediate purchase, especially during the holiday shopping period. An IOU just doesn't work as well for gift giving purposes. These were never marketed as limited edition either, they will absolutely sell as many as they can. Not having them on hand did not benefit them in any way IMO.

Been discussed before. Would be a very dumb idea if it were strategic because they missed out on the holiday rush. Most likely new items werenโ€™t mass produced to gauge demand and they were at the mercy of their factory for subsequent re-ups. Itโ€™s a small golf training aid company, not Apple. Occamโ€™s razor.

If they are constantly selling out every release how could they sell more? They arenโ€™t producing them and probably needs to have cash flow to place more orders with a minimum to make. The presale of the first batch was ever sl months and initially was offered at $80 for a period before going to the current price.

if selling out every release announcement is hitting them we have different opinions on hurting.

Those are simply profiteers taking advantage of the temporary supply constraint. The latest batch of flippers are already dropping prices since the shortage is apparently over with units shipping earlier than previously expected. And there is a big difference between unexpected demand exceeding supply for a small operation and intentionally limiting supply by a multimillion dollar corp. One is fully in control of their supply chain and the other is not.

ย 

Either way all this talk is pointless and has nothing to do with the PMs merits at a training aid.

• Like 1

About the training aid, it reminds me of the time my coach tied my golf club to my belt loop with a similar style exercise band. I wasn't able to remove it the entire afternoon. I was able to try the PM for the first time today, and my first response after removing the band from the club was, GHOST ARMS! I think the device could be very helpful with rotating my lower body through on my pitch shots, which is what I purchased it for. Hopefully I'll see some better contact, consistency, and control in my short game down the road.

ย 

Unfortunately,ย half of this 50+ page thread coversย when are they shipping me my Planemate or whether there was a conspiracy to not ship out the Planemateย 

ย 

Would be a more useful threadย if we were toย hearย more about the success or failuresย of those using the Planemate.ย 

• Like 1

Hearing about success of the training aid and seeing actual improvement would be nice, but being such a new product it will take some time before seeing true results of change in the swings of those who are using them.

Labeling a training aid as a failure is not really fair as it might not be for everyone, it's not a fix any swing miracle device. If people are honestly unsure if it could be beneficial for their swing, how about sign up for a local lesson with a teaching pro and spend your money that way before dropping $160 on something that may actually make their swing worse. See what the pro suggests and if they think the Plane Mate could help them.

Instead consumers see Rory McIlroy using it and the product goes back-ordered immediately.

• Like 1

What about the other half? Thatโ€™s still ~25 pages worth. Thereโ€™s been plenty of reviews, thoughts, and discussions both ways. You just actually have to read through it. I get it, thereโ€™s a lot there. If you donโ€™t have the patience to read through it or search specific keywords, I donโ€™t know what to tell you. Maybe time to start a new thread just on reviews? Who knows...

Back to my original comment, if there was no benefit from it for a good amount of people, there wouldnโ€™t be as much interest in the thread. With training aids that are helpful for only a minority, have a major flaw, etc, you may have to search and find some threads with a handful of responses because who really is going to take the time to review and keep a discussion going about some junk training aid?

like above, not saying itโ€™s a miracle or anything. Iโ€™m one who has said several times you need to be patient, do protocols, use mirror/video.

I really wanted to work on mastering the protocols before advancing. Depends on the skill level of player & how diligent they want to be with the protocols I guess...

Ive tried to do the full day protocol for a week before advancing to the next. Iโ€™ll mix in bits of the next day protocol but I really have tried to atleast do 5-7 days with each protocol.

Update for anyone considering this thing: after a couple of weeks drilling the feels, it's completely changed my swing. For the better.

Here's my big takeaways from starting it to where I am nowTrained me to keep arms in and clubhead out: I've always coiled with the arms and shoulders and then fired everything at the ball. Works good when i have my timing in order, but I always felt cramped at impact and slapped the ball with my right side. When my timing goes off and my arms go out of sync with the body, i'll go from shooting 70s to 80s. I spin out and save it with good hand eye co-ordination. Lots of effort. The PM has taught me that the elbows, hands, arms stay really connected to the body and rotate on their own internal line, separate to that of the clubhead. I knew this in theory, but didn't realize how far from that feeling i was. It now feels like I have an enormous amount of space in front of me for the clubhead to travel out to. My natural instinct would have been to lunge at that space with everything to get to the ball. Now I realize that the pivot moves the club head into that space with little to no arm involvement.Tamed my hit instinct: Similar to the above. Now that my brain has realized how to pivot, its calmed itself down with its need to hit the ball. Because I know how fluid and smooth the pivot motion is, my body isn't amped up to smack it from the takeaway. I have little to no desire to hit the ball. Rather pivot and let the ball get in the way. This has cooled my backswing immensely. I don't whip it inside or collapse my right arm or wrap my arms around my body in anticipation of a hit. I merely get the club into position for a body pivot. I feel i'm swinging 60% of what I used to. But find the center a hell of a lot more often. This is the biggest concept my brain had to adapt to.Square clubface feel: I would have always thought path and clubface. Different feels for draw, fade, high, low. Release the clubface with some form of rotation. Like ping pong. This new "feel" has it feeling completely square to the arc of the swing, with the body pivot controlling the clubface at impact. My setup or initial clubface alignment can change slightly for different shots, but the swing remains the same.I'm undoing a lot of old habits, but the results are great. I still need to take a few pitchy practice swings without the PM to get the feel I want. Body in, club out via pivot. I check the cable and and club relationship all the time. That's been my key. That angle between the right arm and the belt. Pivoting that round to the finish. I bring that visual out onto the course. Misses are caused my hit instinct taking over and rushing it. But these are usually minor mishits. Not a pull down with the arms slicing the ball off 40 yards because of being so out of sync.

I never got this concept before, but now it's my main feel:

Yes - works fine for lefties. It's basically a belt. Just reverse it so the rail is on the left hip instead of the right.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2ย 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

@glk...really been working on my backswing with your comments. Trying not to get laid off...you really have to fight the band and it's helping me groove the right feels. Thanks for pointing that out. This is me working on protocol 3 tonight.
https://youtu.be/qrC3g-PY86A
I'm trying to limit my hand & arm movement and work to keep my arms and hands in front of me while rotating back. I used to hit a lot of these shots fat on day 3...felt like I couldn't get to ball without sliding. Feel like I'm grooving a much better takeaway because I hit 30 of these tonight solid...no fats.
Let me know if you see any difference between this & my first video.
Thanks again.