Tourstriker Planemate

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > Can one use this indoors without hitting balls? I'm looking for a winter time training aid; I live in a small condo, no basement, no garage.

>

> The feels don’t need a ball which makes it such an exceptional swing aid. I personally recommend going a few days at first without a ball and just focusing on the feels before jumping right into the protocols. If you do the protocols, do them correctly and in order. If you have a bad day go a protocol or 2 back and build into that protocol again.

I want to see protocols first to to prep myself but all the vids on the website are down or permission is locked.

One thing I learned (the hard way) was that if you're not used to shallowing the club that much and doing the pivot/rotation move to square the club face....S Word city. I guess it goes to show how much your old swing is ingrained in you that even with resistance you’re mind meats are still trying to put clubface to ball.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > Can one use this indoors without hitting balls? I'm looking for a winter time training aid; I live in a small condo, no basement, no garage.

> >

> > The feels don’t need a ball which makes it such an exceptional swing aid. I personally recommend going a few days at first without a ball and just focusing on the feels before jumping right into the protocols. If you do the protocols, do them correctly and in order. If you have a bad day go a protocol or 2 back and build into that protocol again.

>

> I want to see protocols first to to prep myself but all the vids on the website are down or permission is locked.

Has to be down, they don’t charge for content. Check YouTube as well.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @dhc1 said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > j3bpmftnz722.png

> >

> >

> > This is what I see.

> >

>

> You need to check your privacy / cookie settings on your device

I did, I fixed it now. I watched all 7 videos... Started working on the first few drills sans planemate. I can still make sure I'm hitting the positions via my Mirror Vision app.

I do plan to buy this though because I think over the winter while I rest my body and I'm not hitting many balls, just drilling that feel of shallowing out and also finishing properly will be really helpful. Plus, I'll still go to the indoor sim maybe once a month just to see some flights, etc.

• Like 1

Well this has improved my swing massively already.

I have done some slow mo stuff at home with no ball, then half an hour with it on the range, followed by a couple of hours with it today. So barely any time really but it's already had a big effect on me.

The main reason I bought it was to fix my inside take away. I've had it my whole golfing life and never been able to get rid of it. I've had a few lessons where the pro has fixed it temporarily in the lesson, but as soon as I went to the range on my own I'd lose all the feels and back to sucking it inside.

Well here is a swing from two weeks ago, along with a swing today after a few hours on the Plane Mate:

![](https://i.imgur.com/YZUtfVP.png "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/mJ6qGzW.png "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/BcmObgA.png "")

Inside take away magically disappeared, and got me in a much better position at the top.

It also seems to have got me more rotation (you can see more of my butt), plus less clubface rotation in the follow through...

![](https://i.imgur.com/oxZDei1.png "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/AgRBaG2.png "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/4Zthh8e.png "")

Not bad for a few hours work I'd say...

• Like 3

First round in ages with no duffs. Pretty impressed and only through protocol 1 (to be honest I have done protocol 1 three days in a row to ingrain the feels).

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @dblinden said:

> Question: Just looking at Day 1 protocol and the follow-through portion of the swing, do you feel that the body turns the arms through or do the arms pull the body around?

Feels like a mix of both to me. If you are all arms/flippy the band crosses over, a mix of arm and body the band feels like it lengthens and doesn’t cross over for me personally...

SLDR 10.5 Oban Kyoshi Black 75g
SLDR Mini 16* Oban Kyoshi Black 75g
4-PW Ping S55 Project X 6.0
54* Ping Glide TS
60* Ping Glide TS
Odessey Tank Cruiser #1

> @moadhia said:

> Yes it can be used indoor. Pair it with accustrike mat to make sure low point and club face control is good

I have same setup ??

Device is crazy good

• Like 1

SLDR 10.5 Oban Kyoshi Black 75g
SLDR Mini 16* Oban Kyoshi Black 75g
4-PW Ping S55 Project X 6.0
54* Ping Glide TS
60* Ping Glide TS
Odessey Tank Cruiser #1

You stupid jerks made me buy this thing. I was going to wait until the offseason, but I'm really interested in trying it out. It seems like it was basically made for my swing flaw (snatching down on the handle and coming in too steep).

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

> @pusb365 said:

> Well this has improved my swing massively already.

>

> I have done some slow mo stuff at home with no ball, then half an hour with it on the range, followed by a couple of hours with it today. So barely any time really but it's already had a big effect on me.

>

> The main reason I bought it was to fix my inside take away. I've had it my whole golfing life and never been able to get rid of it. I've had a few lessons where the pro has fixed it temporarily in the lesson, but as soon as I went to the range on my own I'd lose all the feels and back to sucking it inside.

>

> Well here is a swing from two weeks ago, along with a swing today after a few hours on the Plane Mate:

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/YZUtfVP.png "")

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/mJ6qGzW.png "")

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/BcmObgA.png "")

>

> Inside take away magically disappeared, and got me in a much better position at the top.

>

>

> It also seems to have got me more rotation (you can see more of my butt), plus less clubface rotation in the follow through...

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/oxZDei1.png "")

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/AgRBaG2.png "")

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/4Zthh8e.png "")

>

>

> Not bad for a few hours work I'd say...

>

WOAH! That's pure!

Guys not a lot more that I can add then what has been said. I took the weekend off with the Planemate, but did play a round on Saturday. To be honest I probably had the best ball striking round that I can remember. Hit 9/14 fwy, 12 greens and tied my low round of +1 and that's with burning the edge on 3 other birdie putts inside 15 feet. I repeated the first three protocols over and over at home. If you have 15 minutes you can strap it on and just work on ingraining the feel. There is no rocket science or magic involved in this as far as what the concept teaches. I have had a few lessons with a very high quality instructor and those first 3 protocols are what we would work on every lesson. What I love is that I am able to get the instant feedback while I do them at home. Makes it so much easier to ingrain the feels and KNOW that I am doing them correctly. I would often time leave a lesson and everything was looking great, but slowly I would get out of the right positions and revert back to where I was previously. This tool helps you to continue to perform the move correctly, and honestly no need for a teacher or having to film yourself over and over to see if you are in the right positions. I am excited for this journey and to see where the next protocols will take me. Feel free to ask any questions.

The planemate as some good first reviews. However, Im really cautious on swing trainers since I have been burned many times in the past. Here are just some of the trainers that I own that promised changes but didn't help. I want to believe in the planemate but skeptical of long term benefits. Im going to keep watching with interest.

Klassy Swing Magic

Medicus

Momentus

Orange Whip

Tour Striker

Swingyde

The Hanger

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

> @LowAndLeft32 said:

> The planemate as some good first reviews. However, Im really cautious on swing trainers since I have been burned many times in the past. Here are just some of the trainers that I own that promised changes but didn't help. I want to believe in the planemate but skeptical of long term benefits. Im going to keep watching with interest.

> Klassy Swing Magic

> Medicus

> Momentus

> Orange Whip

> Tour Striker

> Swingyde

> The Hanger

>

>

My light-hearted response to that:

List of swing trainers that sounded like BS and that I do not own:

-All of those

List of swing trainers that I own and do exactly what I thought they would:

-Swingmate

• Like 1

> @psufish said:

> > @LowAndLeft32 said:

> > The planemate as some good first reviews. However, Im really cautious on swing trainers since I have been burned many times in the past. Here are just some of the trainers that I own that promised changes but didn't help. I want to believe in the planemate but skeptical of long term benefits. Im going to keep watching with interest.

> > Klassy Swing Magic

> > Medicus

> > Momentus

> > Orange Whip

> > Tour Striker

> > Swingyde

> > The Hanger

> >

> >

>

> My light-hearted response to that:

> List of swing trainers that sounded like BS and that I do not own:

> -All of those

> List of swing trainers that I own and do exactly what I thought they would:

> -Swingmate

I second this. The only decent one on your list is the Hangar which can replicated with well.. a Hanger.

Solid list of swing trainers there... I own a few of those also. What I really like about the planemate is that it is instant feedback on all aspects of the swing from takeaway to transition to rotation in the follow through. All those other swing trainers, for the most part, can be manipulated to function even if you aren't using them properly. Also I feel like they only focus on a single aspect of your swing, where the planemate is teaching you what faults you have, and also what is the correct path to fix them. It's not a miracle tool, but the feedback that it gives is valuable and can help a lot of people out. The first three protocols alone are golden and such crucial building blocks to a repeatable and consistent swing, but my guess is the majority of amateurs do not perform them properly and many probably have never even had them explained to them. If you want to know what the planemate can do, I would go watch the protocol videos. This will give you a good understanding on what you are trying to accomplish with this swing trainer. That is probably why people are having such great success, they are having these concepts explained in a clear and concise manner to go along with the planemate.

> @Sushiyoshi said:

> How much tension are you supposed to feel at setup and at P2? Is it supposed to be same at both position?

I would say that you should not have to overpower the band at set up. It should sit naturally with the band taut. If you get that right then that amount of tension will be sufficient for each phase of the swing. I would watch the protocol videos and how to videos a few times just to get a good understanding of what it is that you are trying to do.

After doing day 3, I hit some without the band on and I was shallowing the club like never before.

I know I gripped the club tight before, but now my right (trail, I'm a righty) wrist was incredibly loose and it felt like my right hand/wrist were just along for the ride and that I was just whipping the club at the ball. Anyone else feel that sensation?