Tourstriker Planemate

Best training aid I’ve ever used. I’ve used plenty. This fixes my issues (right elbow gets behind me and then stuck so stall flip. It literally took me 30 minutes to stop doing that with the planemate. Obviously I need to continue to use it to ingrain it but I took it off after 30 minutes with it and immediately changed my pattern. I am truly amazed. Generally speaking there is no such thing as a magic bullet, but this is it at least for me. Just wow!!!!! 

• Like 2

$$$$

Has anyone found a cheaper source in the UK than the UK Tour Striker website? I don't mind paying for the device but the big difference between the UK and US price is a bit hard to swallow. £212 ($280) here in the UK v $162 in the US.

After reading all 64 pages this seems great for me even when I'm away with work to work on half shots in the hotel room. I've started the day 1 protocols without the PM but excited to see how it improves my swing.

Recently got this off the WTB forum here and have to say the PM is amazing. Haven't shot any better because my driver is the problem, and I haven't gotten around to those protocols, but my wedges are absolutely pure after the first 5 protocols. Every shot is crisp, on line, and hit in the same part of the face. The protocols are difficult, and can be tedious, but they're worth the time and effort. You really get what you put into this. Can't wait to do this as much as possible now that we're in the offseason.  

• Like 1

Recently started using this with a impact bag sort of and my striking hasn’t been better. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

• 2 weeks later...

Been struggling with driver as of late after weakening my right hand grip a bit. I've been hitting big block fades that end up on the right side of the adjacent fairway. I finally tired using the short band on my driver the past week making dry swings in the yard. Took the feel to the course and have driven it better then I have in months. Everything just seemed to be synched together so much better. Ball was on a rope unless I was intentionally shaping it around a dogleg. I was also getting it out to 265 yards consistently which is my normal summer time distance. Pretty stoked to be getting those numbers in the fall/winter. To be fair, I have been doing overspeed training this month.

• Like 1

I need to do a more complete post on my experience, but just wanted to chime in. Using the PM for 2 months now. Last month just off and on. But I can say with certainty - my ball speed is way up. 

I’m a SkyTrak user for going on 5 years. I know my spin, launch, ball speed numbers down pat. I’m up 3-4 mph with my 7i and it translates thru the bag. The “gather” and more upright backswing must have improved my launch and contact. 

I still have a hard time breaking 20 years of flat take away and then sway- but the ghost hands don’t lie. Really happy with the device. 

Got one on the way.  Pumped.

My fatal flaw is far too much shoulder turn coupled with an armsy/handsy swing with the hands behind my head at the top.  Super-stuck.  No idea I was taking it that far back; until I saw the video, never would have believed it.  

Hoping this can lock in a more structured and wide swing.  I can make that swing when I focus, but it feels so foreign, like I’m taking the club back way outside.  I always lose it when I hurry or ‘just swing’.

Already registered (no trouble buying it off BST) and watched all the intro protocols.  Even mirrored the initial pitch ones on the range last night.  Felt good.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here using the planemate and George Gankas golf system? Seems like they’d be compatible but want other’s advice before pulling the trigger on the GG online system given the $$. 

Anyone have other instructors (besides Martin Chuck and David Woods) that teach a swing that is compatible with the movements that this aid ingrains? 

thanks! 

On 12/24/2020 at 8:25 AM, scopek said:

Anyone here using the planemate and George Gankas golf system? Seems like they’d be compatible but want other’s advice before pulling the trigger on the GG online system given the $$. 

Anyone have other instructors (besides Martin Chuck and David Woods) that teach a swing that is compatible with the movements that this aid ingrains? 

thanks! 

Was a member of Gankas's first member site. Moves are absolutely compatible IMO. Gankas prefers you use his legwork to get you in the relaxed band position. I prefer using the hand and wrist movements to shallow. To each their own. Purchased Monte's NTC video last night and it also teaches very similar movements imo.  Seems like the majority of modern instruction is taking different routes but arriving at the same destination.

• Like 1

Just ordered mine today. Hover between a 2.5-3.5 and my main issue is consistency of ball striking with my irons. Hoping this will help implant consistency in my swing and get my consistently lower long term. Very excited, especially after reading most of the reviews and feedback above. 

Titleist TSI3 Fuji Ventus Blue TR 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x 

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

On 11/15/2020 at 11:50 PM, benjo009 said:

Has anyone found a cheaper source in the UK than the UK Tour Striker website? I don't mind paying for the device but the big difference between the UK and US price is a bit hard to swallow. £212 ($280) here in the UK v $162 in the US.

After reading all 64 pages this seems great for me even when I'm away with work to work on half shots in the hotel room. I've started the day 1 protocols without the PM but excited to see how it improves my swing.

are you still looking for one?

im going to sell mine and live in the UK, was going to put it on ebay

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

My planemate arrived yesterday. I decided to take the plunge after reading this thread. I used to be an 8 handicap back in my early twenties but with time away from the game, extra weight, lower back and knee problems my swing has completely changed resulting in a 21 handicap. I am so erratic it's scary, snap hooks huge pushes, so club face stability is clearly an issue. I am really hopeful this will help me get some basics back correctly. As we are in lockdown it's the perfect time to do the drills and hit some foam balls around the garden. Will let everyone know how it goes once back playing after lockdown. Update...... So here we are after using the planemate for bones of 3 months, I have played 4 rounds since courses opened here in UK. My honest feedback is the planemate is a great tool for take away and transition through the ball. I dont think it has helped me shallow the club and I still flip my hands on occasion.  BUT! I am so much more stable through impact. I have completely lost the wild right push. In fact the right side of the golf course is completely safe. My miss now is a slight pull with draw. Today I shot 12 over with 5 three putts and 3 duffed chips. Flushed every shot. 45 points off my 21 handicap. Could have been a sub 80 round easily with a decent short game. So to my mind the planemate has been a complete game changer and would completely recommend

Edited by MallyT
Update

Working slowly through the initial protocols, it has demonstrably improved my chipping technique and consistency.  

So much so that I need to completely retool my short game to account for the solid contact and consistency!  😅  Pretty sad commentary on my homegrown shortgame, which blended moments of competency and even excellence with rank wildness and unrepeatable outcomes.  

After just two sessions with the PM, I was making much better contact on pitch and bunker shots in my first nine out after the sessions.  I’m at about protocol 4/5 on the 7 days, and can’t wait to get deeper into full swing.  

Just received my PM and am very excited, I did have a quick question regarding starting out on the Protocols. They mention there should be slight tension and I connected a 60* (similar to what they did), what has everyone else been starting out with? A wedge, 9 iron, 7 iron? Not sure if it really matters assuming you still hit pitches, etc.

Regards

Ryan

New 7 day challenge with a chance to refund if it doesnt work for you. 

If you haven’t picked up a PlaneMate yet, there’s no better tool to work on your swing this winter. Whether you’re stuck inside at home, at the office or on the range, the Tour Striker PlaneMate is the best full swing training aid.

For anyone looking to make gains, we challenge you to the 7-Day PlaneMate Challenge.  

The challenge is simple.  The gains are real.

The Challenge
  1. Hit 10 balls (the baseline) with your least favorite club (or the one you want to improve most.)
  2. Do the 7-Day PlaneMate Protocol with that same club. 
  3. Hit another 10 ball baseline with the same club.
The average golfer with a 16 handicap can expect to gain 20-30 yards in just 7 days.

Get a PlaneMate.  Take the challenge.  If you don’t gain at least 20 yards, return it for a full refund.

Seldom does a product come around that has this much impact on so many players, from rank beginners to seasoned Tour pros.

If you love golf, you owe it to yourself... and your swing.  Get a PlaneMate.  Take the challenge.  Show off your new gains.  Just don’t forget to tag @tourstrikergolf 💪
  • Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

On 1/13/2021 at 2:40 PM, RTP419 said:

Just received my PM and am very excited, I did have a quick question regarding starting out on the Protocols. They mention there should be slight tension and I connected a 60* (similar to what they did), what has everyone else been starting out with? A wedge, 9 iron, 7 iron? Not sure if it really matters assuming you still hit pitches, etc.

Regards

Ryan

I’ve been using a 54* and a 60*.  Hope to start in on 6i/8i next week.  

I’m floored at how much my pitching and chipping has improved after about 5 sessions with the PM.  Night and day.  The ability to actually trust that I’m less likely to fat or thin, and far less likely to hoselhoff, it than to make solid contact is an amazing feeling.  

Spent a good amount of time at the short game area this morning, and, while I left plenty of balls short and missed my share, it was a joy to mainly be working on tempo, trajectory and setup, instead of hoping I wasn’t about to butcher the ball.

21 hours ago, Samdbone said:

Has anyone improved their handicap with the planemate? Most of the reviews seem to be quickly after buying the planemate 

Don't have an official handicap but I've noticed my last 20 rounds are trending down. Admittadely, short game is my biggest weakness and hitting more GIR is surely helping. Nothing crazy, maybe 2-3 strokes over 6 months.

Just started working with this a little over a week ago. It's made a HUGE difference in my backswing as I use to have a lot of run off and go across the line at the top. It's also helped TREMENDOUSLY on my downswing as I use to come way over the top and come in super steep. I played one round so far and hit the ball  very well. Im very encouraged by that round alone and look forward to seeing what one month, 6 months or even one year will look like. 

Ping K15 driver
Ping G10 3, 4, 5 hybrids
Ping G15 irons
Cameron Newport, Ping Anser 3
Titleist Vokey 50* 54* wedges

Hi! 

I just got my planemate. However I still need to make an extension for it to fit me well. That's easy enough to make. I've read that rail should go past your hips.. Problem it's a bit short for this big boy. 

Will it still work for me? Should I offset the D-ring closer to my right hip or will it still work regardless if it's short of going past my hips and around to my back? 

Are there extension users out there that has had success regardless? 

Thanks a lot! 

I’ve been using it off an on for a few weeks to get my hand path in a better place and a touch shallower feel. Anyway I’ll have the occasional shank doing 3/4 7 irons with the long band. I’m trying to figure out the likely culprit with this thing and shanking it...

Not deep enough going back? Lower body stall?

I got the planemate a couple of weeks ago, and have been working through the protocols. My biggest issue just hitting everything to the right with a center start. Based on my slow Mo video I think I’m leaving the club space way to open on the downswing. Can anyone comment on how to keep it closed? I certainly do not want to ingrain bad habits for full swings

Hand path reaches out too much, away from you. Keep tension on the band, but get the hands a bit more in, with the club head more outside the hands. As you start to bend your right elbow and stand up the shaft, you'll have a chance to shallow it and better manage your wrist conditions. Go to the Advanced Protocols and watch "Developing Backswing," and "Transitioning." You'll get it. Cheers

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PAndaemonium89 said:

So less tension on the takeaway? It’s so difficult to feel what’s right. I also feel I narrow up and create too much slack on downswing

No you definitely want the tension on there. But as other poster said you want the hands to work in and club outside of the hands . I would put a ball or a block of wood behind the ball and try to push it straight back on the takeaway. You’re hands are pushing out instead of straight back/inward and getting you off plane from the start 

you are starting the takeaway with hands and arms, try to feel the takeaway with your shoulders and your body will follow

Edited by Liveonce