Apologies up front if this has been addressed already in the thread, but I haven't found an answer yet...

I'm wanting to order/get some SM8s but haven't found the best way to go about it. I'm looking for a place to order, other than Wedgeworks, to get KBS Hi-Rev shafts. I realize the price is pretty set right now with a non-standard shaft request. Anyone have a dealer or suggestion? I'm also open to buying just the heads and shafts separately to take them to a local guy that can assemble, but haven't found anywhere to buy just the heads.

It may be that with everything shut down right now, its just not possible to do any customizing since it all comes from Titleist anyway. They just have the stock that is already out in the market with standard setups.

Any help/insight is appreciated.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s how they ended up

I stand corrected! I had the good judgement to call into Titleist and ask how I can try and create, maybe through the L or M grind with smoothing out the lines (custom grind option), the low K grind.

Raw.

discountdansgolf.com That shaft is available via wedgeworks so........

email: [email protected]

Tell them what you want and ask for a quote....no ship charges/sales tax!

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5, 72g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3+ Wood, 13.5*, Accra TZ6/M4, 80g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5, 80g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 5 Wood, 18*, Accra TZ6/M5, 90g X
CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 16*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST, 102g X
TAYLORMADE SIM DHY, #4, Diamana Thump HY, 105g, X
TAYLORMADE P-7TW, 3 - P, TW Lofts, DG AMT Tour White, x100
VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 53/9F; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX
BETTINARDI QUEEN B #6 SBS, BGT Stability Tour Shaft Putter
NIKE Sport Lite Carry Bag, Black

... Exactly. I played in Phoenix last winter and my 12* D Grind SM7 had too much bounce, so I picked up a mint M Grind SM6 off Ebay to hold me over til I got back home. TheSM6 head looks larger compared to the SM8 as well as having a little more curve in the leading edge and I refer a straighter leading edge. So I picked up a M Grind SM8 and I like it much better. Literally different strokes for different folks.

Cobra Xtreme 9* Tour Length ... Tensei Pro Orange 60s
Cobra Speezone 15.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 75s

TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hybrid ... KBS 80Hys
4-w Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage Tini 105's
SM6 52* F Grind /SM8 M Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s
Newport 2.5 ... 33.5"
@HappyGilmore22 I went with raw 58 S grind and had my clubfitter take a little off the leading edge and heel. It's kind of a modified M grind with a little more bounce which fits me perfect.

Titleist TS3 8.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 6.2

Titleist TS3 15* Diamana S+ ltd Blueboard 70s tipped 1"

Titleist U500 2i Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 hb

Callaway Apex Pro Double Dot 4-pw Accra i steel 125

Vokey Raw SM8 50F, 54S, 58S (custom grind) Nippon Modus 125 wedge

Cushman Custom C&C 1.0 Raw Carbon KBS CT Tour Matte Black, Golf Pride Pro Only Red * or

Mizuno M Craft Type 1 Satin  Stability Tour Shaft, Golf Pride Pro Only Green*

Bridgestone Tour B XS

... D Grind is the best wedge I have played. Bounce is your friend and the vast majority will have success with more bounce. That said, I live in the midwest were conditions are soft and lush. After a light rain when the sprinkler system still waters greens while raining, it can be pretty soft around the greens where the water runs off. With my M Grind, it was easy to hit a chip a little fat and have the soft turf peel up and under the ball. I am talking about a very thin layer between ball and club face, not a big fat divot. With the added bounce of the D Grind the leading edge does not dig but glides across the soft turf producing a successful chip. Now playing in desert conditions with very hard fast greens and sometimes even hardpan around those greens, the D Grind has the opposite effect and can bounce off the turf creating a thin chip or pitch.

... I went to a M Grind when I winter in Phoenix. So where you play and to a lessor degree but still important, how you play makes a big difference when choosing a grind.

Cobra Xtreme 9* Tour Length ... Tensei Pro Orange 60s
Cobra Speezone 15.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 75s

TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hybrid ... KBS 80Hys
4-w Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage Tini 105's
SM6 52* F Grind /SM8 M Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s
Newport 2.5 ... 33.5"

That’s very true on how and where you play. I’ve been better with the M vs D grind. My Pro was a 1 season and done with the D switching back to M. Club Champion actually considered putting me in the L grind so the D is probably not a good fit for me. I am thinking about going with a variety of bounce/grinds the next time I buy wedges for more versatility.

• Like 1

For those playing 60D would you recommend 54D or 54F grind? The M and S grinds don't have enough bounce for me.

Cobra Speedzone 9 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X Driver

Titleist TS2 15 deg Tensei AV Blue 75X

Callaway XR Pro 18 deg VTS Silver 85X Hybrid

Titleist 718 T-MB #3 TI DG S400 Driving Iron 

Mizuno MP 20 MB 5-PW TI DG S400 Irons

Mizuno T-20 52.09S & 56.10C TI DG S400 Wedges

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Satin 62.06 Low TI DG Spinner Wedge 

SIK Pro C-Series Armlock Putter LAGOLF Shaft Putter

Vessel 2.0 White

Srixon Z-Star Pure White

If your 54º is used for mainly full shots with a square face, get the F. If you use the 54º around greens or with an open face, get the D.

• Like 2

TS3 9.5º - UST LinQ Purple 6F5     TS3 16.5º - UST LinQ Purple 7F5     818 H2 21º - UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5 
T200 #4-5 (1º Weak) & T100 #6-9 - AMT White X100
SM8 Raw   46.10F   50.12F @ 51º - AMT White X100     56.12D   60.08M AMT White S400
2020 Special Select Newport 2 - 34.5"

You could get the black finish in years past and strip off the finish and make them raw. Did it to a set of sm7s that turned out great!

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65

Titleist 915fd 15* Smoke 70S

Titleist 816 H2 19* Diamana 100X

Titleist 716 T-MB 4 Iron PX 6.5

Titleist 690 MB 5-PW PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 52 & 56 PX 6.5, 61* S400

Piretti GOAT

Super stoked to read your experience with the “D” grind. With the lockdown I had to order without a fitting. Ordered the 5208 F, 5612 D and 6010 S. Worse case I will give em a whirl and order something different if necessary. Selling a custom wedge at even a 50% discount after a few swings is a small price to pay during a lockdown.

My Vokey Story - by XHoop

I started golfing 'seriously' around 2010, and at that time bought a set of 54 and 58 wedges with a M grind because that was cool at the time. I needed to be able to open the face and needed the wedge relief even though I generally sucked. I played terribly with those wedges and went moved to a set of Callaway MDs that worked much better. Spring forward several years and I had the chance to work with a Titleist fitter off grass in the fall of 2018. The S grind was an absolute eye opener for me and just fit. I would have never expected that or fit it myself but I cannot imagine playing another wedge after 18 months of playing the SM7 S grind in 54 and 58, jet black.

Due to sheer golf boredom, I started looking to the SM8. Debated ordering the 54 and 58 in different finishes to immediately know which was which (stealing an idea from a friend who had Vokeys in the three different finishes for 50, 54, and 58) but decided to stick with Jet Black just due to look in the bag. Again order 54/58, S grind, with the S400 Onyx, 1 degree flat from DD. Can't wait to get them.

Srixon z785 9.5'
Srixon F85 3W 15'
Ping G Hybrid - 18'
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 4 Iron
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5-GW
Titleist SM7 54' and 58' - S Grind
Bobby Grace Tour Triple Diamond