GolfWRX

> @mjbfyb said:

> > @ASN21 said:

> > > @Imp said:

> > > > @pga43 said:

> > > > > @GoIrish17 said:

> > > > > Do any pros play the AVX?

> > > >

> > > > I'd guess no and feel pretty safe in saying I'm 100% correct.

> > > >

> > > > Greg

> > >

> > > I'd agree with this. There's no spin around the green with the AVX, its made to rollout or stop on wedge shots.

> >

> > I had no issues stopping the AVX on wedge shots. It's the technique not the ball.

>

> Do you play on greens that run 12-13 on the Stimp meter?

>

Not all the time but yes most courses I play are above 10-11. I like fast greens.

> @HidekiWoods said:

> > @MrShield said:

> > Hope for a firmer AVX.

> >

> > Love everything about AVX, but it’s absolutely unplayable with driver if you swing above 100Mph.

>

> This is not correct. I swing around 115 and have several friends that swing above 100 and we've had no problem playing it.

Driver swing speed around 110 and I love the AVX. I also have had no issue getting the ball to spin on shorter shots either. I one hopped multiple shots from 50-75 yards that have plenty of zip on them. Also played a couple low chips that hopped a couple times and came to a dead stop. Is it the spinniest ball out there? no.... but for high spin players like myself this ball is hard to beat. I have hit drives further than I have in years since switching to AVX a month or so ago.

Really came alive a couple weeks ago when I played a couple scrambles. I let loose on a few and gained some confidence and I'm easily hitting my drives 20-30 yards further than I was at the beginning of the season.

Taylormade SIM2 Max   9° Driver   Fujikura Ventus Blue 

Taylormade SIM2 Ti    15° 3 Wood   AV Raw Tensei Blue

Taylormade P790 UDI   2i     Project X HZRDUS RDX

Taylormade P770 4-PW  Nippon Pro Modus3 105

Taylormade MG2    50-SB.09  54-SB.11  60-LB.08 Nippon Pro Modus3 120

Taylormade Spider Tour Black

I am certain pros have been testing or even playing AVX. I've had the AVX in play against ProV1 & ProV1X for a few months now. It's hard to tell the difference between ProV1 and AVX on the green or chipping. However, ProV1x still stands alone for me.

• Titleist TS2, 9.5 Ventus 5 Series S
  • Titleist TS2, 4wd Ventus 6 Series S
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i Tensei AV White AM
  • Titleist 620 Series 3-4i Tensei AV White AM
  • Titleist 620 Series 5-PW MMT 125
  • SM6 F-52/8 MMT 125
  • SM6 M-58/8 MMT 125
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX

> @HidekiWoods said:

> > @MrShield said:

> > Hope for a firmer AVX.

> >

> > Love everything about AVX, but it’s absolutely unplayable with driver if you swing above 100Mph.

>

> This is not correct. I swing around 115 and have several friends that swing above 100 and we've had no problem playing it.

Of course, you can play it, but the rubber balls on the range will feel better. Do you care about feel? Please do a head to head comparison and hit 2019 Pro V1 and AVX side by side after each other for a few drives. The difference is amazing!

I love AVX(except for driving)but the main reason no Pros is playing AVX is not because of not enough spin around greens, it’s way to soft/low compression (at least to the Pros on my club).

At 105mph swing speed AVX carry about 10 yards shorter than 2019 Pro V1. Look at the “Most wanted 2019 Ball Test” by M * G * S. It’s confirmed there and in real world testing for me it’s about 12-14 meters, even more than their test. Please note it’s against 2019 Pro V1, not the old Pro V1s which is significant shorter than 2019 version.

> @pga43 said:

> I asked the PGA Tour Rep for Titleist golf balls whether any PGA Tour pro had every played with the AVX on Tour and he said "NO!". He said some of the PGA Club Pros on the Titleist staff play them but no PGA Pro has played one in a PGA Tour event.

>

>

> Greg

Name names. I’m calling your bull poop.

> @Stanks said:

> > @pga43 said:

> > I asked the PGA Tour Rep for Titleist golf balls whether any PGA Tour pro had every played with the AVX on Tour and he said "NO!". He said some of the PGA Club Pros on the Titleist staff play them but no PGA Pro has played one in a PGA Tour event.

> >

> >

> > Greg

> **~~Name names~~**. I’m calling your bull ****.

What names??

Greg

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

> @mjbfyb said:

> > @Stanks said:

> > I disagree with Greg.

>

> “Everything I post is confrontational” - That checks out. Why would you doubt him? I’m guessing the Titleist rep has little better idea of what’s in play than you.

>

>

Someone is catching on. There have been pros that played AVX when it rolled out. Not in majors. Small events yes but, tour players on PGA. It didn't last.

I'm willing to bet it's one of the prototypes we got to hit/test at Manchester Lane. Think higher flight like a V1x and slightly lower spin like a V1 with a feel somewhere between the 2 of them off driver with phenomenal ball speeds. If it is indeed what I'm thinking, I'll be buying a lifetime supply.

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Black 60X Tipped 3/4"
TaylorMade SiM 3w 12.5* Kurokage DC 70TX Tipped 1"
TaylorMade SiM 5w 17* Diamana D+ 80TX Tipped 1"
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-6, MMC 7-9, MB PW - DG TI 120 X100's
Mizuno T20 Raw 49* 54*,  TaylorMade MG2 TW-Grind 59*  DG TI S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @Stanks said:

> > @mjbfyb said:

> > > @Stanks said:

> > > I disagree with Greg.

> >

> > “Everything I post is confrontational” - That checks out. Why would you doubt him? I’m guessing the Titleist rep has little better idea of what’s in play than you.

> >

> >

> Someone is catching on. There have been pros that played AVX when it rolled out. Not in majors. Small events yes but, tour players on PGA. It didn't last.

This post is likely as accurate as your post about the new K-Sig balls being available soon.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18995060#Comment_18995060

Why don't you name names on what pro's played the AVX in competition on the PGA Tour? I'm calling your BS.

> @Stanks said:

> I disagree with Greg.

Yeah, you are not disagreeing with Greg, Greg is simply passing information on, you are disagreeing with the Titleist tour rep.

Titleist TS3 8.5*
Titleist 915Fd 15*
Titleist U510 1 Iron
Titleist T100 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2021

> @Stanks said:

> > @mjbfyb said:

> > > @Stanks said:

> > > I disagree with Greg.

> >

> > “Everything I post is confrontational” - That checks out. Why would you doubt him? I’m guessing the Titleist rep has little better idea of what’s in play than you.

> >

> >

> Someone is catching on. There have been pros that played AVX when it rolled out. Not in majors. Small events yes but, tour players on PGA. It didn't last.

PGA pro does not equal tour pro.

> @518TitleistX said:

> I'm willing to bet it's one of the prototypes we got to hit/test at Manchester Lane. Think higher flight like a V1x and slightly lower spin like a V1 with a feel somewhere between the 2 of them off driver with phenomenal ball speeds. If it is indeed what I'm thinking, I'll be buying a lifetime supply.

I’d be all over those. I bounce back and forth between the V1x and V1 depending on what mood I’m in that day. If I could have the best of both of them in one ball I’d be so happy... and could carry less balls with me.

> @518TitleistX said:

> I'm willing to bet it's one of the prototypes we got to hit/test at Manchester Lane. Think higher flight like a V1x and slightly lower spin like a V1 with a feel somewhere between the 2 of them off driver with phenomenal ball speeds. If it is indeed what I'm thinking, I'll be buying a lifetime supply.

Very interesting! That's similar to what the TP5x does for me (vs V1 & V1x). I'd love to see a Titleist that performs like that.

TSi3 9.75 | TSi2 15 | G425 4H 20.5 | ZXU 23 | ZX5 5-P | CBX ZC 48, 52.5 | RTX ZC 58 | Itsy Bitsy Spider | TP5x

> @grm24 said:

> > @Stanks said:

> > > @mjbfyb said:

> > > > @Stanks said:

> > > > I disagree with Greg.

> > >

> > > “Everything I post is confrontational” - That checks out. Why would you doubt him? I’m guessing the Titleist rep has little better idea of what’s in play than you.

> > >

> > >

> > Someone is catching on. There have been pros that played AVX when it rolled out. Not in majors. Small events yes but, tour players on PGA. It didn't last.

>

> This post is likely as accurate as your post about the new K-Sig balls being available soon.

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18995060#Comment_18995060

>

> Why don't you name names on what pro's played the AVX in competition on the PGA Tour? I'm calling your BS.

I can tell you’re in the edge of your seat. Keep waiting, sir. I’m glad you’re triggered enough to look up my post history. Targeting is flattery and boy, am I blushing.

AVX has been used by a tour pro. None currently are. Saying they haven’t been used on tour by a touring pro is false.

This new ball, which I know zilch about, looks interesting. Again, always very nice to have options on the table with a new ball.

> @Stanks said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @Stanks said:

> > > > @mjbfyb said:

> > > > > @Stanks said:

> > > > > I disagree with Greg.

> > > >

> > > > “Everything I post is confrontational” - That checks out. Why would you doubt him? I’m guessing the Titleist rep has little better idea of what’s in play than you.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > Someone is catching on. There have been pros that played AVX when it rolled out. Not in majors. Small events yes but, tour players on PGA. It didn't last.

> >

> > This post is likely as accurate as your post about the new K-Sig balls being available soon.

> > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18995060#Comment_18995060

> >

> > Why don't you name names on what pro's played the AVX in competition on the PGA Tour? I'm calling your BS.

>

> I can tell you’re in the edge of your seat. Keep waiting, sir. I’m glad you’re triggered enough to look up my post history. Targeting is flattery and boy, am I blushing.

> AVX has been used by a tour pro. None currently are.** Saying they haven’t been used on tour by a touring pro is false.**

> This new ball, which I know zilch about, looks interesting. Again, always very nice to have options on the table with a new ball.

I said they had not been played in a PGA Tour event, so if some "pro" used one in on another tour (Champions, Web/Korn Ferry, Latin America, China, Canadian), that's still not the PGA Tour.

Greg

• Like 2

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

If these can still be properly pushed into the second cut as usual, I'm in.

Ping G400 10.5* - Diamana Blueboard
Callaway X2 Hot 15* - Diamana Blueboard
Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 19* - Diamana Ahina
Callaway X2 Hot 23* - Aldila stock
Mizuno MP60 4-PW - DG S300
Mizuno MP-T 53* & 60* - DG S300
Ping Scottsdale ZB

> @pga43 said:

> > @Stanks said:

> > > @grm24 said:

> > > > @Stanks said:

> > > > > @mjbfyb said:

> > > > > > @Stanks said:

> > > > > > I disagree with Greg.

> > > > >

> > > > > “Everything I post is confrontational” - That checks out. Why would you doubt him? I’m guessing the Titleist rep has little better idea of what’s in play than you.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > Someone is catching on. There have been pros that played AVX when it rolled out. Not in majors. Small events yes but, tour players on PGA. It didn't last.

> > >

> > > This post is likely as accurate as your post about the new K-Sig balls being available soon.

> > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18995060#Comment_18995060

> > >

> > > Why don't you name names on what pro's played the AVX in competition on the PGA Tour? I'm calling your BS.

> >

> > I can tell you’re in the edge of your seat. Keep waiting, sir. I’m glad you’re triggered enough to look up my post history. Targeting is flattery and boy, am I blushing.

> > AVX has been used by a tour pro. None currently are.** Saying they haven’t been used on tour by a touring pro is false.**

> > This new ball, which I know zilch about, looks interesting. Again, always very nice to have options on the table with a new ball.

>

> I said they had not been played in a PGA Tour event, so if some "pro" used one in on another tour (Champions, Web/Korn Ferry, Latin America, China, Canadian), that's still not the PGA Tour.

>

> Greg

what is happening here?? I am so confused..

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @pga43 said:

> > > @Stanks said:

> > > > @grm24 said:

> > > > > @Stanks said:

> > > > > > @mjbfyb said:

> > > > > > > @Stanks said:

> > > > > > > I disagree with Greg.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > “Everything I post is confrontational” - That checks out. Why would you doubt him? I’m guessing the Titleist rep has little better idea of what’s in play than you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > Someone is catching on. There have been pros that played AVX when it rolled out. Not in majors. Small events yes but, tour players on PGA. It didn't last.

> > > >

> > > > This post is likely as accurate as your post about the new K-Sig balls being available soon.

> > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18995060#Comment_18995060

> > > >

> > > > Why don't you name names on what pro's played the AVX in competition on the PGA Tour? I'm calling your BS.

> > >

> > > I can tell you’re in the edge of your seat. Keep waiting, sir. I’m glad you’re triggered enough to look up my post history. Targeting is flattery and boy, am I blushing.

> > > AVX has been used by a tour pro. None currently are.** Saying they haven’t been used on tour by a touring pro is false.**

> > > This new ball, which I know zilch about, looks interesting. Again, always very nice to have options on the table with a new ball.

> >

> > I said they had not been played in a PGA Tour event, so if some "pro" used one in on another tour (Champions, Web/Korn Ferry, Latin America, China, Canadian), that's still not the PGA Tour.

> >

> > Greg

>

> what is happening here?? I am so confused..

You and me both, brother.

> @518TitleistX said:

You just answered exactly what these are. People are still arguing about the AVX haha.

> @Brandons68 said:

> What kind of feedback has anyone heard about these golf balls?

Again... pretty sure I hit them.... not 100% positive but we hit prototype titleist balls at Manchester Lane during the ProV1 Experience through wrx... see my previous reply in this thread for details.

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Black 60X Tipped 3/4"
TaylorMade SiM 3w 12.5* Kurokage DC 70TX Tipped 1"
TaylorMade SiM 5w 17* Diamana D+ 80TX Tipped 1"
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-6, MMC 7-9, MB PW - DG TI 120 X100's
Mizuno T20 Raw 49* 54*,  TaylorMade MG2 TW-Grind 59*  DG TI S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

@518TitleistX said:

> Again... pretty sure I hit them.... not 100% positive but we hit prototype titleist balls at Manchester Lane during the ProV1 Experience through wrx... see my previous reply in this thread for details.

>

So if the new ball flys higher like the ProV1x and is lower spinning like the ProV1 how much different are the new ProVx and ProV versions going to be? I used to play previous versions of the ProVx until the last couple of years. Feel like I like the ProV a tad more now.

> @Stanks said:

> > @pga43 said:

> > I asked the PGA Tour Rep for Titleist golf balls whether any PGA Tour pro had every played with the AVX on Tour and he said "NO!". He said some of the PGA Club Pros on the Titleist staff play them but no PGA Pro has played one in a PGA Tour event.

> >

> >

> > Greg

> Name names. I’m calling your bull ****.

The avx is a distance ball with a urethane cover. Ask any titleist rep, they will tell you that no tour pros play because it’s not in the same league as prov1 and prov1x around the greens.