2019 LPGA Q-School

18majors

After 8 rounds; Albane Valenzuela proves she's #1 of NCAA Class of 2020.

Kristen Gillman is #1 of the class of 2019; she's #40 in official money and has earned $452,209 before this week.

I don't think Albane will be as good as Kristen; but hopefully she can rank inside Top-80 in 2020 official money.

Yealimi Noh lost this tournament due to her 4th round +6 (77) at Pinehurst #6.

She took over a single shot lead after 3rd round but promptly shot herself out of winning the tournament.

It's similar to her leading by 3 after 14th at Cambia, but promptly lost the final four holes by one shot each to give away the tournament.

Is this a pattern of mental weakness, or is this something a player can learn?

Congrats to Muni. That's a solid two weeks of golf with eight rounds at par or better, and a 65 and 67 thrown in. Hopefully she'll use this experience as a launching pad for a better season next year.

Hated to see Hee Young have to go back to Q-series, but her excellent play shows she still has rocket fuel left in the tank. 'Hope to see her post a few top 10's next year.

Yealimi couldn't snag a win this year, but a 3rd here shows she's ready for the big leagues. Like there was any doubt.

Yeah, Albane was #1 in her class.

It'll be nice to see Yui out there next year. Not sure if she has the firepower of 6ix, but she's no slouch on the JLPGA.

Haley's story continues. Very nice.

Andrea and Youngin squeaked in.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @Newinup said:

> so what happens to those who were with cards in 2019 but were top 101-150 in lpga but failed to make the grade in qschool? eg alison, clariss, dottie ? wont see them at any events at all in lpga in 2020 except symetra? does this work that way?

Those players are still LPGA members.

Q-Series qualifiers have Category 14 priorities; No. 101-125 are Category 15 and No. 126-150 are Category 18.

Category 15 and 18 are far down on priorities, they usually don't get to play LPGA events.

Once in a while, they do earn automatic entries into LPGA tournaments when tournaments ran out of higher priority players.

As far as Bianca Pagdanganon; she needs to seize any opportunities, including Monday Qualifications, to earn as much official money as she can.

She can move way up in priority during mid-term reshuffling; if she manages to earn close to $100,000 official money before June 2020.

Beth Ann Nichols' swan song to 2019 LPGA Q-Series:

Once-bullied Haley Moore among 19 rookies to earn LPGA cards

[https://golfweek.com/2019/11/02/golf-once-bullied-haley-moore-among-19-rookies-to-earn-lpga-cards/](https://golfweek.com/2019/11/02/golf-once-bullied-haley-moore-among-19-rookies-to-earn-lpga-cards/ "https://golfweek.com/2019/11/02/golf-once-bullied-haley-moore-among-19-rookies-to-earn-lpga-cards/")

> @18majors said:

> > @Newinup said:

> > so what happens to those who were with cards in 2019 but were top 101-150 in lpga but failed to make the grade in qschool? eg alison, clariss, dottie ? wont see them at any events at all in lpga in 2020 except symetra? does this work that way?

>

> Those players are still LPGA members.

> Q-Series qualifiers have Category 14 priorities; No. 101-125 are Category 15 and No. 126-150 are Category 18.

> Category 15 and 18 are far down on priorities, they usually don't get to play LPGA events.

> Once in a while, they do earn automatic entries into LPGA tournaments when tournaments ran out of higher priority players.

> As far as Bianca Pagdanganon; she needs to seize any opportunities, including Monday Qualifications, to earn as much official money as she can.

> She can move way up in priority during mid-term reshuffling; if she manages to earn close to $100,000 official money before June 2020.

Does this "midterm reshuffling" include all card holders (or just those that advanced from qschool? i guess B has a tough choice, since she's staying an amateur until the Southeast Asian games... (Ill see if she stick with her ANWA dream now with this new devt)

> @Newinup said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @Newinup said:

> > > so what happens to those who were with cards in 2019 but were top 101-150 in lpga but failed to make the grade in qschool? eg alison, clariss, dottie ? wont see them at any events at all in lpga in 2020 except symetra? does this work that way?

> >

> > Those players are still LPGA members.

> > Q-Series qualifiers have Category 14 priorities; No. 101-125 are Category 15 and No. 126-150 are Category 18.

> > Category 15 and 18 are far down on priorities, they usually don't get to play LPGA events.

> > Once in a while, they do earn automatic entries into LPGA tournaments when tournaments ran out of higher priority players.

> > As far as Bianca Pagdanganon; she needs to seize any opportunities, including Monday Qualifications, to earn as much official money as she can.

> > She can move way up in priority during mid-term reshuffling; if she manages to earn close to $100,000 official money before June 2020.

>

> Does this "midterm reshuffling" include all card holders (or just those that advanced from qschool? i guess B has a tough choice, since she's staying an amateur until the Southeast Asian games... (Ill see if she stick with her ANWA dream now with this new devt)

Mid-term reshuffling is for players outside of Category 7 priorities.

> @18majors said:

> Esther Henseleit (+3 and T30), LET's 20 years old Rookie of the Year of 2019, is the only qualifier from LET.

> Symetra Tour easily won the dual between the two leagues.

Esther also finished second in the Order of Merit race. No wins, 4 runner ups, but a pretty solid year.

A nod to Nuria Iturrioz, who played 5 events on the LET IN 2019 ( 2 Wins, 1 runner up, finished 4th Order of Merit ). She also won 1 Symetra event.

Good luck to them both, the Bronte is gonna have sore shoulders carrying the Euro's into the next Solheim Cup, she's gonna need some help. I don't expect too much of either of them in 2020, but who knows.

> @OffTheDole said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > I am not expert on all of these players, but HYP and Muni's scores are a bit surprising. I thought they were more likely than not to get through (although see Alison Lee's current situation) but assumed it would be middle of the pack or so. Noh's score seems a bit less shocking, at least to me.

>

> Don't let the good looks and media savvy fool you, Muni He is a real golfer capable of winning. She is the total package and a marketer's dream.

We'll see. I know she's not purely a decent looking women that happens to play a bit of golf with no hope of ever making it out there. But she was over par on tour last year. The scores she put up here are quite impressive, and in my opinion much ahead of anything else she's done so far (good but not top college player, played Symetra for a year and won once, etc). Said another way, maybe she had a tough rookie year, is more comfortable now, and will have a decent second year (she should get to play more tournaments next year as her Q-Series rank last year was only OK and she lost standings on a lot of the reshuffles). But I would be surprised if she puts up Lee6 like numbers (last year's winner/standout) next year on tour. No doubt she is a marketer's dream - she needs to win once or twice and will be the face of Chinese golf.

Several top college players still weighing the options after LPGA Q-Series

[https://golfweek.com/2019/11/02/golf-top-college-players-weighing-the-options-lpga-q-series/amp/?__twitter_impression=true](https://golfweek.com/2019/11/02/golf-top-college-players-weighing-the-options-lpga-q-series/amp/?__twitter_impression=true "https://golfweek.com/2019/11/02/golf-top-college-players-weighing-the-options-lpga-q-series/amp/?__twitter_impression=true")

> @agolf1 said:

> > @OffTheDole said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > I am not expert on all of these players, but HYP and Muni's scores are a bit surprising. I thought they were more likely than not to get through (although see Alison Lee's current situation) but assumed it would be middle of the pack or so. Noh's score seems a bit less shocking, at least to me.

> >

> > Don't let the good looks and media savvy fool you, Muni He is a real golfer capable of winning. She is the total package and a marketer's dream.

> We'll see. I know she's not purely a decent looking women that happens to play a bit of golf with no hope of ever making it out there. But she was over par on tour last year. The scores she put up here are quite impressive, and in my opinion much ahead of anything else she's done so far (good but not top college player, played Symetra for a year and won once, etc). Said another way, maybe she had a tough rookie year, is more comfortable now, and will have a decent second year (she should get to play more tournaments next year as her Q-Series rank last year was only OK and she lost standings on a lot of the reshuffles). But I would be surprised if she puts up Lee6 like numbers (last year's winner/standout) next year on tour. No doubt she is a marketer's dream - she needs to win once or twice and will be the face of Chinese golf.

Nicely said. Perhaps a fuller season will limit her social media time, and her golf may improve.

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > > @OffTheDole said:

> > > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > I am not expert on all of these players, but HYP and Muni's scores are a bit surprising. I thought they were more likely than not to get through (although see Alison Lee's current situation) but assumed it would be middle of the pack or so. Noh's score seems a bit less shocking, at least to me.

> > >

> > > Don't let the good looks and media savvy fool you, Muni He is a real golfer capable of winning. She is the total package and a marketer's dream.

> > We'll see. I know she's not purely a decent looking women that happens to play a bit of golf with no hope of ever making it out there. But she was over par on tour last year. The scores she put up here are quite impressive, and in my opinion much ahead of anything else she's done so far (good but not top college player, played Symetra for a year and won once, etc). Said another way, maybe she had a tough rookie year, is more comfortable now, and will have a decent second year (she should get to play more tournaments next year as her Q-Series rank last year was only OK and she lost standings on a lot of the reshuffles). But I would be surprised if she puts up Lee6 like numbers (last year's winner/standout) next year on tour. No doubt she is a marketer's dream - she needs to win once or twice and will be the face of Chinese golf.

>

> Nicely said. Perhaps a fuller season will limit her social media time, and her golf may improve.

I hope she gets a few top 10s and absolutely explodes on social media. No reason for success on and off the course to be mutually exclusive

> @Krt22 said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > Nicely said. Perhaps a fuller season will limit her social media time, and her golf may improve.

>

> I hope she gets a few top 10s and absolutely explodes on social media. No reason for success on and off the course to be mutually exclusive

I'd bet Lily He's social media is being run by a team at IMG (her agency). It's just too slick; it's the perfect mix of golf, fashion (Nike shilling), "real life", and thirst traps.

> @Argonne69 said:

> Hated to see Hee Young have to go back to Q-series, but her excellent play shows she still has rocket fuel left in the tank. 'Hope to see her post a few top 10's next year.

All of these points x10! I was in despair after Texas, wish she didn't have to go. But this is just a great way, doing it in style. Hope she's feeling great.

Glad for Yealimi too, placing this high. Some solace for the runner-up to Hannah.

Muni sure was a surprise. Don't think I'll ever be a fan, and I hate social media, but enh. If (I know, big if) what she says in her commercial is true, she's not too bad. We'll see if this builds for season #2.

I'm very happy for Mina and Youngin too. What a fantastic last minute save for Youngin!

Oh yeah, I'd never heard of Bianca, but after reading this whole thread, thank Heaven and Earth she made it! That would have been too big a letdown...

Muni had a stretch of 50 holes without a bogey. That's impressive in itself.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @Krt22 said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > @OffTheDole said:

> > > > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > > I am not expert on all of these players, but HYP and Muni's scores are a bit surprising. I thought they were more likely than not to get through (although see Alison Lee's current situation) but assumed it would be middle of the pack or so. Noh's score seems a bit less shocking, at least to me.

> > > >

> > > > Don't let the good looks and media savvy fool you, Muni He is a real golfer capable of winning. She is the total package and a marketer's dream.

> > > We'll see. I know she's not purely a decent looking women that happens to play a bit of golf with no hope of ever making it out there. But she was over par on tour last year. The scores she put up here are quite impressive, and in my opinion much ahead of anything else she's done so far (good but not top college player, played Symetra for a year and won once, etc). Said another way, maybe she had a tough rookie year, is more comfortable now, and will have a decent second year (she should get to play more tournaments next year as her Q-Series rank last year was only OK and she lost standings on a lot of the reshuffles). But I would be surprised if she puts up Lee6 like numbers (last year's winner/standout) next year on tour. No doubt she is a marketer's dream - she needs to win once or twice and will be the face of Chinese golf.

> >

> > Nicely said. Perhaps a fuller season will limit her social media time, and her golf may improve.

>

> I hope she gets a few top 10s and absolutely explodes on social media. No reason for success on and off the course to be mutually exclusive

I hope she succeeds on the course first off, I would have zero issues with the camera following her around come Sunday afternoons. Nothing wrong with off course success either, I think a lot of people think ( me included ) that her love of selfies might be getting in the way of her golf game. Let's see if this win lights a fire in her and her clubs do the talking next year.

2013 was the last time there wasn't a superstar rookie; Moriya Jutanugarn (480) beat out Caroline Masson (479) by one point for Rookie of the Year award.

Among the 2020 rookies; Patty Tavatanakit , Leona Maguire, Yealimi Noh, Albane Valenzuela and Yui Kawamoto have to be the favorites to win. Will the winner win more than 500 points?

2020 LPGA TOUR ROOKIES

The following players, should they choose to accept LPGA Tour status, would become 2020 LPGA Tour rookies:

2019 SYMETRA TOUR GRADUATES (4)

Patty Tavatanakit (Thailand), Jillian Hollis (United States), Leona Maguire (Ireland), Esther Lee (United States)

LPGA Q-SERIES TOP-45 AND TIES (15)

Yealimi Noh (United States), Albane Valenzuela (Switzerland), Jennifer Chang (United States), Yui Kawamoto (Japan), Haley Moore (United States), Jiwon Jeon (Republic of Korea), Maia Schechter (United States), Matilda Castren (Finland), Linnea Johansson (Sweden),Andrea Lee (United States), Esther Henseleit (Germany), Yujeong Son (Republic of Korea) Nuria Iturrioz (Spain), Bianca Pagdanganan (Philippines), Kyung Kim (United States)

No excuses, but partly explains her poor showing on the last day. From the local daily (see below)... Coach/caddy gave her the choice on the last hole as to what club she uses on the last hole... Her father caddied in stage 1, coach caddied in last few rounds of stage 2, coach caddied the whole of final stage...

After the Southeast Asian Games this November, it's game time... only less than one calendar year to show if one can survive this true test... guarded optimism health willing she'll cash in strong on a few events in 2020 (will a few top 3-5's help her retain a card?), anything else is gravy :)

BIANCA PAGDANGANAN: JUST PROUD AND HAPPY THAT THE PHILIPPINE FLAG WILL BE FLOWN AT THE LPGA

By Jong Arcano

Back pains troubling her for most of the day, it wasn’t easy for Bianca Pagdanganan not to think that somewhere on the course she would be forced to stop. And that would mean forgetting about the LPGA Tour card she’s been striving for the last two months.

“The pain kept bothering me that it got worse in the back nine, on a level of 10 it was seven,” said Pagdanganan who was then playing her 14th straight golf round.

She just reminded herself to stay focused with just a few holes left and with probably a few more strokes to spare.

Then a double-bogey hit her on the 15th after an errant drive. And then a bogey on the 16th and one more on the 17th.

Standing on the 18th tee of Pinehurst No.9 with hazards all over, it all came down to one shot that would make or break her LPGA bid.

”Driver or 3-wood?,” she asked her caddie coach Carito Villaroman.

“Bahala ka na Biancs, but just to remind you that we need this hole,” she was told.

Without hesitation, Bianca pulled the driver and hit one of her best shots in all of the three stages of the LPGA Q-Series: a crisp 275-yarder that split the fairway and set her up for a short wedge shot to the green then a regulation par that got the job done.

“That could be the biggest shot right there, just thinking of the possibilities (from the shot) gives me the fits,” said Pagdanganan, who finished just a stroke better than the qualifying cut despite her worst round of six-over-par 78.

“Wala na, basta binigay ko na lahat with that drive and thanks God, I got the result I needed.”

Pagdanganan, as qualifier No. 38, is heading to the LPGA next season, one of the 45 who survived the gruelling LPGA Q-Series. It is the fulfillment of a childhood dream and nothing is better than having her parents, the two individuals who opened the opportunities for her, by her side in Pinehurst.

“I’ve been working on this since I was 7 and they were always there and I’m thankful for that,” said Bianca, the voice on the other line cracking. “Nothing beats this feeling for sure, I feel so rewarded not just for my hardwork but for my prayers.”

The road to the LPGA card was not easy.

She had topped the first stage in California where only 90 of the 385 players advanced. And then she joined the Top 10 among the 30 players out of 185 entries who qualified in the second stage.

The task in the final stage where only 98 played and half of that to secure their cards looked easy. But it must be told that half of them are all LPGA veterans and the rest the best amateurs from around the world.

Bianca should be feeling proud of herself right now.

She knows that with her making it, the Philippine flag will be flown in most of the LPGA stops in 2020 (especially since Dottie Ardina and Clariss Guce failed in their respective bids).

"I'm just so proud and happy to be given the opportunity to represent the country not just myself in the LPGA."

And the whole country is just as excited of her prospects.

A nice article about Muni He:

Q-SERIES MEDALIST MUNI HE IS MUCH MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

[https://lpga.com/news/2019-he-q-series-medalist-much-more-than-meets-the-eye](https://www.lpga.com/news/2019-he-q-series-medalist-much-more-than-meets-the-eye "https://lpga.com/news/2019-he-q-series-medalist-much-more-than-meets-the-eye")

Korean coverage:

![](http://photo.hankooki.com/webdownphoto/gisa/2019/11/03/20191103145228_1_golfhankook_s.jpg "")

[golfhankook.hankooki.com/01_news/NewsView.php?category=4&gsno=10234742](http://golfhankook.hankooki.com/01_news/NewsView.php?category=4&gsno=10234742 "golfhankook.hankooki.com/01_news/NewsView.php?category=4&gsno=10234742")

> @DavePelz4 said:

> Any insight into the Cristina Kim rules story? Did someone break a rule and did she not protect the field? She seems to have a lot of drama following.

Kim calls penalty on playing competitors at Q-Series

[https://golfchannel.com/news/christina-kim-calls-penalty-playing-competitors-lpga-q-series](https://www.golfchannel.com/news/christina-kim-calls-penalty-playing-competitors-lpga-q-series "https://golfchannel.com/news/christina-kim-calls-penalty-playing-competitors-lpga-q-series")