2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Thorbjorn Olsen Arrested on Flight

apex17

Who said that it NEVER happens? You are swinging to extremes. Yes, I know that’s part of how you discuss things. :)

You apparently don’t think it’s big deal for the police to be waiting someone when he gets off the plane. It is a never in a lifetime for almost everyone. For most of the few people who do get dragged off a plane, it’s a once in a lifetime.

> @HitEmTrue said:

> Who said that it NEVER happens? You are swinging to extremes. Yes, I know that’s part of how you discuss things. :)

>

> You apparently don’t think it’s big deal for the police to be waiting someone when he gets off the plane. It is a never in a lifetime for almost everyone. For most of the few people who do get dragged off a plane, it’s a once in a lifetime.

Nope. I simply disagree that it’s something that is extreme as that poster suggested. Never and always haven’t been mentioned. It’s not me who’s gone to extreme. You just did.

Having the cops waiting for a drunk passenger is akin to a DUI in a car. By itself it’s bad , but doesn’t make the person a monster , nor a threat after they sober up. ( i say that as a person who absolutely hates a drunk ). Minus other proof and details of other things it’s just an arrest that happens to be at the airport. DUI is always a Never in a lifetime for most of us. But. The courts are full of those cases.

Here’s an article after 22 second search. Doesn’t sound unheard of to me. Sounds like a booze issue on planes and airports.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/841025/Drunk-on-planes-people-arrested-doubled-last-year/amp

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @buckeye440 said:

> Crazy to see people calling out for maximum punishment and what not. First off, we do not have a full account of what happened. Secondly and more important, does anybody believe in second chances around here? Geeze, y'all are super tough.

>

>

>

who has called for capital punishment?

It is amazing how many people on here will argue something just to argue even when it is clear they are 100% wrong. They just move the goal posts and carry on.

* Give the legal definition of a crime in black and white.....some will ignore it and continue to argue based on their totally incorrect version of what they 'think' it is.

* Give a basic explanation of how crimes are charged and some will continue on with their completely incorrect version of how it works thinking real life is a episode of CSI Miami.

* Mention the obvious that TSA is in no way law enforcement and some will even argue that.

I people would quit talking so much they might learn something.

• Like 1

> @ray9898 said:

> It is amazing how many people on here will argue something just to argue even when it is clear they are 100% wrong. They just move the goal posts and carry on.

>

> * Give the legal definition of a crime in black and white.....some will ignore it and continue to argue based on their totally incorrect version of what they 'think' it is.

>

> * Give a basic explanation of how crimes are charged and some will continue on with their completely incorrect version of how it works thinking real life is a episode of CSI Miami.

>

> * Mention the obvious that TSA is in no way law enforcement and some will even argue that.

>

> I people would quit talking so much they might learn something.

>

Pm sent to you...

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Just making it clear.

So for law enforcement the term will be inclusive. TSA is inclusively law enforcement.

**edited because still confused.

So (alleged) sexual assualt, the term will be exclusive. Meaning the act has to some sort of extraordinary action. Small acts, even though included in the law, are excluded.

Got it.

> @Hankshank said:

> > @bigdane said:

> > I'm a PROUD DANE, and I feel ashamed that one of my countrymen cannot behave himself.

> > What newspapers write, and what is the truth, we all know are often two totally different things, but I cannot condone such behaviour, nor can I understand it - Thorbjorn normally behaves very well, and is well liked by both players and the public.

> > Maybe there is something, we do not know? In spite of the "wet" facts, this is totally out of his normal behaviour.

> > If everything is, as written in the press, he must, of course, be treated like any other citizen.> @"Oz Max" said:

> > > Wow I thought Danes were good drinkers! He must have been quite intoxicated, in any case, he'll regret that bitterly

> >

> > We Danes are good drinkers, but I think that we generally know our limits, and behave accordingly. Thorbjorn apperantly did not!

> Normally, I can read Danish fairly fluently, I tried to translate the word ØV that seems to have been mentioned around the Thorbjörn escapades in Denmark. But failed. What does that mean in English?

>

It's an expression of disappointment or disgust, in my humble opinion, it would be similar to IRK

> @imakaveli said:

> > @bigdane said:

> > I'm a PROUD DANE, and I feel ashamed that one of my countrymen cannot behave himself.

> > What newspapers write, and what is the truth, we all know are often two totally different things, but I cannot condone such behaviour, nor can I understand it - Thorbjorn normally behaves very well, and is well liked by both players and the public.

> > Maybe there is something, we do not know? In spite of the "wet" facts, this is totally out of his normal behaviour.

> > If everything is, as written in the press, he must, of course, be treated like any other citizen.> @"Oz Max" said:

> > > Wow I thought Danes were good drinkers! He must have been quite intoxicated, in any case, he'll regret that bitterly

> >

> > We Danes are good drinkers, but I think that we generally know our limits, and behave accordingly. Thorbjorn apperantly did not!

>

> How was the news percieved in Denmark?

Disappointment, bewilderness, and serious questioning of the media, since this is very far from, Thorbjorn's normal behaviour - and the fact that neither Thorbjorn's agent, the Danish Golf Union, nor the European Tour has made no comment about the whole matter, would suggest, that even though he probably slipped up big time, the matter is not as serious as it seems in the media (which we all know are known to grab a feather and "construct" a chicken).

> @bigdane said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > > @bigdane said:

> > > I'm a PROUD DANE, and I feel ashamed that one of my countrymen cannot behave himself.

> > > What newspapers write, and what is the truth, we all know are often two totally different things, but I cannot condone such behaviour, nor can I understand it - Thorbjorn normally behaves very well, and is well liked by both players and the public.

> > > Maybe there is something, we do not know? In spite of the "wet" facts, this is totally out of his normal behaviour.

> > > If everything is, as written in the press, he must, of course, be treated like any other citizen.> @"Oz Max" said:

> > > > Wow I thought Danes were good drinkers! He must have been quite intoxicated, in any case, he'll regret that bitterly

> > >

> > > We Danes are good drinkers, but I think that we generally know our limits, and behave accordingly. Thorbjorn apperantly did not!

> >

> > How was the news percieved in Denmark?

>

> Disappointment, bewilderness, and serious questioning of the media, since this is very far from, Thorbjorn's normal behaviour - and the fact that neither Thorbjorn's agent, the Danish Golf Union, nor the European Tour has made no comment about the whole matter, would suggest, that even though he probably slipped up big time, the matter is not as serious as it seems in the media (which we all know are known to grab a feather and "construct" a chicken).

Letting the facts get in the way of crunchy bait-click story?? I've never seen that from modern news outlets!

• Like 1

@bigdane said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > > @bigdane said:

> > > I'm a PROUD DANE, and I feel ashamed that one of my countrymen cannot behave himself.

> > > What newspapers write, and what is the truth, we all know are often two totally different things, but I cannot condone such behaviour, nor can I understand it - Thorbjorn normally behaves very well, and is well liked by both players and the public.

> > > Maybe there is something, we do not know? In spite of the "wet" facts, this is totally out of his normal behaviour.

> > > If everything is, as written in the press, he must, of course, be treated like any other citizen.> @"Oz Max" said:

> > > > Wow I thought Danes were good drinkers! He must have been quite intoxicated, in any case, he'll regret that bitterly

> > >

> > > We Danes are good drinkers, but I think that we generally know our limits, and behave accordingly. Thorbjorn apperantly did not!

> >

>

> Disappointment, bewilderness, and serious questioning of the media, since this is very far from, Thorbjorn's normal behaviour - and the fact that neither Thorbjorn's agent, the Danish Golf Union, nor the European Tour has made no comment about the whole matter, would suggest, that even though he probably slipped up big time, the matter is not as serious as it seems in the media (which we all know are known to grab a feather and "construct" a chicken).

Thanks! We will see, I think he will appear in court in a couple of weeks, just before the Swedish tournament.

• Like 1

> @joedalton5 said:

> https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/golf/9668300/thorbjorn-olesen-to-appear-court-august-21-charged-sexual-assault/

>

> And just now he also got suspended by the European Tour

Not seeing anything in that article which actually says he has been suspended although, if he has been charged then it would not be a surprise if he were to be. A problem for him from there is how long the Court process would actually take. The delays in the criminal courts in the UK at this moment in time are making the whole system look shambolic.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

He's in the field for Sweden (Aug 22-25) so now looks like he won't be playing regardless of any potential suspension as the court date is Aug 21.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @MattyO1984 said:

> > @joedalton5 said:

> > https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/golf/9668300/thorbjorn-olesen-to-appear-court-august-21-charged-sexual-assault/

> >

> > And just now he also got suspended by the European Tour

>

> Not seeing anything in that article which actually says he has been suspended although, if he has been charged then it would not be a surprise if he were to be. A problem for him from there is how long the Court process would actually take. The delays in the criminal courts in the UK at this moment in time are making the whole system look shambolic.

>

>

Sorry...

At that time the news wasn’t on any English language sites.

But here is some more info

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/golf/9668300/thorbjorn-olesen-suspended-european-tour-sexual-assault-charge/

• Like 1

> @bigdane said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > > @bigdane said:

> > >

> >

>

Well this didn't age well...

• Like 1

Strange that the sun article mentioned that Olesen molested a woman while Poulter slept. Why does that matter. Like they just wanted to mention Poulters name again.

Seems like earlier in the life of this story they were reporting that a woman was molested while she was asleep.

A lot of things happen while Poulter sleeps. And I sleep. And you sleep.

> @CCTxGolf said:

> Strange that the sun article mentioned that Olesen molested a woman while Poulter slept. Why does that matter. Like they just wanted to mention Poulters name again.

>

> Seems like earlier in the life of this story they were reporting that a woman was molested while she was asleep.

>

> A lot of things happen while Poulter sleeps. And I sleep. And you sleep.

Because it was reported Poulter intervened earlier in the ordeal. Had they not clarified he had since went to sleep everyone would be asking why he didn't step up the second time.

The Sun is a utter rag of gutter journalism - a sensible, fact based article can be found here, as well as many other US news outlets.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/golf/olesen-suspended-pending-probe-into-arrest-on-sexual-assault-charge-20190807-p52emd.html

I suspect he is going to end up doing some jail time...

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

> @Bingo1976 said:

> The Sun is a utter rag of gutter journalism - a sensible, fact based article can be found here, as well as many other US news outlets.

>

> https://www.smh.com.au/sport/golf/olesen-suspended-pending-probe-into-arrest-on-sexual-assault-charge-20190807-p52emd.html

>

> I suspect he is going to end up doing some jail time...

You think? People get no jail for all kinds of heinous crimes. he prolly just have to give some golf lessons to some judges or Lords or what have you.

• Like 1

> @golfandfishing said:

> No way he does any time in a jail cell. Maybe, maybe a very slight chance of a brief home sentence. There is zero chance he goes to prison. None.

Absolutely , no chance on this planet he sees any time inside.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Sentencing guidelines for sexual assault are community service to 10 years in jail. Common assault is a fine or up to 6 months. being drunk on an aircraft can be a summary or triable offense. I suspect that doing all 3 may well end up with at least a suspended sentence, if not a brief stay in side depending on the severity of the sexual assault, and how the CAA see this.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/sexual-assault/

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/common-assault-racially-religiously-aggravated-common-assault/

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/transport-offences

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

> @M4TT said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @golfandfishing said:

> > > No way he does any time in a jail cell. Maybe, maybe a very slight chance of a brief home sentence. There is zero chance he goes to prison. None.

> >

> > Where is he on trial? UK?

>

> Yep. His residence is Kensington, Chelsea.... posh kid.

No rich.

Looks nice, he might have moved but while I expect its still a very expensive property it's not what many might assume.

[https://golfchannel.com/video/tour-thorbjorn-olesens-pad](https://www.golfchannel.com/video/tour-thorbjorn-olesens-pad "https://golfchannel.com/video/tour-thorbjorn-olesens-pad")

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @chigolfer1 said:

> > @bigdane said:

> > > @imakaveli said:

> > > > @bigdane said:

> > > > I'm a PROUD DANE, and I feel ashamed that one of my countrymen cannot behave himself.

> > > > What newspapers write, and what is the truth, we all know are often two totally different things, but I cannot condone such behaviour, nor can I understand it - Thorbjorn normally behaves very well, and is well liked by both players and the public.

> > > > Maybe there is something, we do not know? In spite of the "wet" facts, this is totally out of his normal behaviour.

> > > > If everything is, as written in the press, he must, of course, be treated like any other citizen.> @"Oz Max" said:

> > > > > Wow I thought Danes were good drinkers! He must have been quite intoxicated, in any case, he'll regret that bitterly

> > > >

> > > > We Danes are good drinkers, but I think that we generally know our limits, and behave accordingly. Thorbjorn apperantly did not!

> > >

> > > How was the news percieved in Denmark?

> >

> > Disappointment, bewilderness, and serious questioning of the media, since this is very far from, Thorbjorn's normal behaviour - and the fact that neither Thorbjorn's agent, the Danish Golf Union, nor the European Tour has made no comment about the whole matter, would suggest, that even though he probably slipped up big time, the matter is not as serious as it seems in the media (which we all know are known to grab a feather and "construct" a chicken).

>

> Well this didn't age well...

The European Tour has now announced that Olesen has been suspended till the trial is over - what other consequences for Olesen - if any - has not been mentioned.

The PGA Tour, of which Olesen is not a member, have commented on the whole affair - quite unnecessarily.