Thorbjorn Olsen Arrested on Flight

apex17

6 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

He just lucky he no pee on this guys plane.

Ernie KO him and shove his head out the little window 

🤣

0A0AB34D-0B13-4827-A1D8-58788C89ECD1.jpeg

Now, we wrestle 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

10 hours ago, Krt22 said:

At the very least send him to lockdown in their prison colony 

I suspect that's your attempt at being funny.

It's not.

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

7 hours ago, bobfoster said:

This is a really hard one for me. Was travelling with a woman I was seeing a few years ago. We were, in fact, coming back from Niagara Falls (no, not to get married - just for a fun vacation). Flying back from Buffalo to JFK. There was this guy that was sitting across the aisle from us, and it soon became apparent he was blasted. (IMO, he should not have been let on the plane.) After take-off when they were going around asking if anyone wanted drinks, the stewardess refused to serve him (it was that obvious that he had spent too much time in the airport bar). But he then started getting a little aggressive. My girlfriend was sitting on the aisle and I was on the window, so we switched seats to get some distance (and me) between him and her. 

And one point I went to the restroom - you know one of those last "use the restroom before we buckle down for approach" things (and I told the stewardess to please keep an eye open - they were already aware that he might become a problem). Didn't see everything that happened, but when I came out there was a big commotion. He was on the ground with a couple guys restraining him, and she had her shirt partially ripped and had this horrified look on her face, like, shell shocked - she was incoherent. Apparently almost as soon as I had gone into the bathroom, he got out of his seat and lunged at her. Was very sudden. It was actually the flight attendant that reacted almost immediately and decked him (I found out afterwards that she had martial arts training - thank goodness. She said she "swept the leg", flattened him, and then a couple guys, passengers, bless their hearts, literally sat on the guy). 

The local police - and the FBI - met the plane at the airport. (In the US, anything that happens in the air is actually considered Federal, not local, jurisdiction.) It was the FBI that investigated, and he was tried in Federal court. He definitely did not escape with a slap on the wrist. 

However, the ramifications on women that have been subjected to things like this are very long lasting. She is no longer my SO, but we are still good friends. He did, like six months and then probation or something, but she was in therapy for a couple of years, and to this day has not gotten back on a plane. (Planes are a unique environment - a packed, enclosed space with no escape. She was used to flying, but told me that the last time she tried to book a ticket on Expedia, her hand was literally shaking too much to click "buy". Yeah, it gets that bad.) 

I have, in the past, served on the Boards of two different Battered Women's Shelters. Heard some bad stories, but that was the first time it really hit home personally. Sexual assault (even if not consummated) is a huge rock dropped into the pond of a woman's psyche, the the ripples can spread outward into almost every area of life, and can last for a long time. 

This current guy? He was on drugs? And already suffered because he was off the Tour for a little while and suffered a little public humiliation? Doesn't even remember what he did. He's moved on. I will guarantee you, whomever he assaulted ... does remember what he did, and has not moved on - the event will be part of her life permanently - she'll digest it, and learn to live with it, but she will never forget it. And he didn't even get a day in jail. I'm sorry, but no, IMO the punishment didn't even freaking remotely fit the crime. 

Men and women are equals spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally, but they simply are not equals physically. My girlfriend was 5'5" and weighed about 125. The guy that attacked her was, like 6'1", and weighed 280. David vs. Goliath is an inspirational Bible story, but in reality, Goliath always wins.

I think men, and the Court system, should aggressively protect the women we love against the thugs that assault them. And no, "solve it in civil court" is not an option. A large number of rapes go unreported precisely because women know they'll need to relive what they went through, publicly, and then be cross-examined, their characters called into question. 

And no, I am not "virtue signaling". I'm talking about the reality of what sexual assault does to a woman. All too many women. I'd like to see a big shift in attitude. We need to stop being casual about this. This guy should haver gotten two or three years, and be made to pay for any therapy needed. Punishment is not for retribution, it is in part to correct attitudes and behavior. If every man that was guilty of things like this understood that the repercussions on his life would be every bit as harsh as the repercussions on the life of the woman he attacked, perhaps there would be fewer attacks. The damage to a man's life that does this should be commensurate to the damage to the life of the woman he did it to.

I get that this is an overly emotional post, and also get that at least some here will not agree with me. In most discussions I have with anyone about anything, I'm always quite open to very different perspectives. In this case I am not. Am willing to bluntly assert - "I'm right". 

Sexual assault should be elevated to the level of violent crime or even murder. To women it can literally be a soul-killer. Any woman subjected to it will have it affect her life, and every future relationship. No one should escape with a slap on the wrist - I don't care whether the guy is drunk or drugged up. That does not in any way mitigate the damage he did to the woman he attacked. 

Okay, I'd better shut up now.

Thanks for the perspective. It’s just unfair to any coincidental victim, because they are unwillingly and inevitably part of a crime and the crime is part of their lives from that point onwards. 
It’s part of society that stuff like this can happen, becauae you can’t predict the actions of intoxicated people or guys that just snap, but it makes my blood boil. Just like children affected by war or other kinds of violence. Just sad and aggravating at the same time. 

• Like 1

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball

Ball  Vice Pro/Snell MTB Prime

7 hours ago, bobfoster said:

This is a really hard one for me. Was travelling with a woman I was seeing a few years ago. We were, in fact, coming back from Niagara Falls (no, not to get married - just for a fun vacation). Flying back from Buffalo to JFK. There was this guy that was sitting across the aisle from us, and it soon became apparent he was blasted. (IMO, he should not have been let on the plane.) After take-off when they were going around asking if anyone wanted drinks, the stewardess refused to serve him (it was that obvious that he had spent too much time in the airport bar). But he then started getting a little aggressive. My girlfriend was sitting on the aisle and I was on the window, so we switched seats to get some distance (and me) between him and her. 

And one point I went to the restroom - you know one of those last "use the restroom before we buckle down for approach" things (and I told the stewardess to please keep an eye open - they were already aware that he might become a problem). Didn't see everything that happened, but when I came out there was a big commotion. He was on the ground with a couple guys restraining him, and she had her shirt partially ripped and had this horrified look on her face, like, shell shocked - she was incoherent. Apparently almost as soon as I had gone into the bathroom, he got out of his seat and lunged at her. Was very sudden. It was actually the flight attendant that reacted almost immediately and decked him (I found out afterwards that she had martial arts training - thank goodness. She said she "swept the leg", flattened him, and then a couple guys, passengers, bless their hearts, literally sat on the guy). 

The local police - and the FBI - met the plane at the airport. (In the US, anything that happens in the air is actually considered Federal, not local, jurisdiction.) It was the FBI that investigated, and he was tried in Federal court. He definitely did not escape with a slap on the wrist. 

However, the ramifications on women that have been subjected to things like this are very long lasting. She is no longer my SO, but we are still good friends. He did, like six months and then probation or something, but she was in therapy for a couple of years, and to this day has not gotten back on a plane. (Planes are a unique environment - a packed, enclosed space with no escape. She was used to flying, but told me that the last time she tried to book a ticket on Expedia, her hand was literally shaking too much to click "buy". Yeah, it gets that bad.) 

I have, in the past, served on the Boards of two different Battered Women's Shelters. Heard some bad stories, but that was the first time it really hit home personally. Sexual assault (even if not consummated) is a huge rock dropped into the pond of a woman's psyche, the the ripples can spread outward into almost every area of life, and can last for a long time. 

This current guy? He was on drugs? And already suffered because he was off the Tour for a little while and suffered a little public humiliation? Doesn't even remember what he did. He's moved on. I will guarantee you, whomever he assaulted ... does remember what he did, and has not moved on - the event will be part of her life permanently - she'll digest it, and learn to live with it, but she will never forget it. And he didn't even get a day in jail. I'm sorry, but no, IMO the punishment didn't even freaking remotely fit the crime. 

Men and women are equals spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally, but they simply are not equals physically. My girlfriend was 5'5" and weighed about 125. The guy that attacked her was, like 6'1", and weighed 280. David vs. Goliath is an inspirational Bible story, but in reality, Goliath always wins.

I think men, and the Court system, should aggressively protect the women we love against the thugs that assault them. And no, "solve it in civil court" is not an option. A large number of rapes go unreported precisely because women know they'll need to relive what they went through, publicly, and then be cross-examined, their characters called into question. 

And no, I am not "virtue signaling". I'm talking about the reality of what sexual assault does to a woman. All too many women. I'd like to see a big shift in attitude. We need to stop being casual about this. This guy should haver gotten two or three years, and be made to pay for any therapy needed. Punishment is not for retribution, it is in part to correct attitudes and behavior. If every man that was guilty of things like this understood that the repercussions on his life would be every bit as harsh as the repercussions on the life of the woman he attacked, perhaps there would be fewer attacks. The damage to a man's life that does this should be commensurate to the damage to the life of the woman he did it to.

I get that this is an overly emotional post, and also get that at least some here will not agree with me. In most discussions I have with anyone about anything, I'm always quite open to very different perspectives. In this case I am not. Am willing to bluntly assert - "I'm right". 

Sexual assault should be elevated to the level of violent crime or even murder. To women it can literally be a soul-killer. Any woman subjected to it will have it affect her life, and every future relationship. No one should escape with a slap on the wrist - I don't care whether the guy is drunk or drugged up. That does not in any way mitigate the damage he did to the woman he attacked. 

I wish more people felt this way. 

8 hours ago, bobfoster said:

What you described is an extremely serious situation. Seems it was dealt with properly by the pax, FA's and court system.

We have no idea exactly what went down with the Olsen event. But given the outcome of the trial, perhaps even lack of evidence, I might surmise that it wasn't even close to your friends event. 

I'm not trying to diminish the seriousness of the Olsen incident but we don't know the evidence of what was presented in court. While I have zero tolerance for law breakers, especially those that create victims, I also respect the court system and find it a better option than some of the "pitch fork justice mob" here on WRX. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

I think they do. Why do you think that they don't? 

We’ll mainly because a group of them just let this guy walk away without consequence. Throw in the current trend of not prosecuting crimes in the US leading to a surge in crime and you would have to intentionally ignore all of this to think that a lot of people want crime punished. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Money talks - poor people serve time

Had he been a regular guy with no money or influence- he would be in the greybar hotel

Should get a 3 year ban from public  commercial air travel

Let him charter or drive around Europe

Maybe even hire a certain guy who wears a red shirt on Sunday as his driver

44 minutes ago, golfandfishing said:

We’ll mainly because a group of them just let this guy walk away without consequence. Throw in the current trend of not prosecuting crimes in the US leading to a surge in crime and you would have to intentionally ignore all of this to think that a lot of people want crime punished. 

You're mixing totally different situations. Yes the current trend of not prosecuting  shoplifting is here in the USA and I find it highly problematic. But it is a completely different crime and unrelated to Olsen.   Also Olsen WAS prosecuted and found innocent in their justice system. 

Again I'm not trying to diminish the seriousness of the Olsen incident but we don't know the evidence of what was presented in court nor exactly how their legal system works compared to the USA. While I have zero tolerance for law breakers, especially those that create victims, I also respect the court system and find it a better option than some of the "pitch fork justice mob" here on WRX

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5
  • Like 1

This is clearly a sensitive topic And I think we all agree that some form of punishment is required. This may already of been achieved or maybe further punishment is required. Tough one as others have suggested.

But just another way to look at it as a discussion point and not necessarily my view, but change the Scenario from ‘what if that was your daughter’ to, ‘what if that was your son?’ Or an earlier version of yourself? How would you think of this situation. 

Anyway, take care peeps and be a positive influence to all that is in your life…

46 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

You're mixing totally different situations. Yes the current trend of not prosecuting  shoplifting is here in the USA and I find it highly problematic. But it is a completely different crime and unrelated to Olsen.   Also Olsen WAS prosecuted and found innocent in their justice system. 

Again I'm not trying to diminish the seriousness of the Olsen incident but we don't know the evidence of what was presented in court nor exactly how their legal system works compared to the USA. While I have zero tolerance for law breakers, especially those that create victims, I also respect the court system and find it a better option than some of the "pitch fork justice mob" here on WRX

He’s not innocent (he did all of the things accused of) he was found not guilty of crime because he was sauced. This does violence to reason. 

18 minutes ago, golfandfishing said:

He’s not innocent (he did all of the things accused of) he was found not guilty of crime because he was sauced. This does violence to reason. 

Did you get a chance to see any of the court transcripts to understand what actually occurred on the flight in addition to jury deliberation?

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

7 minutes ago, DON SVO said:

Did you get a chance to see any of the court transcripts to understand what actually occurred on the flight in addition to jury deliberation?

Are you trying to imply the facts of what happened on the aircraft were not uncontroverted? Source?

Everything I have seen indicates that his actions are undisputed and that the verdict was solely based on the inability to form intent and exercise self control.

Edited by Dpavs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dpavs said:

Are you trying to imply the facts of what happened on the aircraft were not uncontroverted? Source?

Everything I have seen indicates that his actions are undisputed and that the verdict was solely based on the inability to form intent and exercise self control.

I'm not implying anything actually, I simply posed a question. Are you trying to imply and/or insinuate something?

Cameron Select Newport 2

51 minutes ago, golfandfishing said:

Maybe the jury decided that he would have been responsible had it just been alcohol, but that taking the pills with them is what caused his insane behavior, and that since he didn’t understand the effects of the combination,

It made his intoxication “involuntary”

He said he took ambien pills his “partner” put in his bag. If the jury felt he had no idea the combo would affect him this way, they may have determined he was not responsible.

I mean, they only took one hour to decide so it seems there was no doubt to them he was not guilty (not that he didn’t do what he’s accused of, but not guilty by way of the law)

Involuntary intoxication is a defense. Like if somebody gives you pills without you knowing it, that’s clear cut.

But maybe in this case the jury determined the circumstances made his actions ultimately involuntary. 

15 minutes ago, Dpavs said:

Nope, just looking for clarification.

Me too, that's why I asked the question 🙂😉

Edited by DON SVO

Cameron Select Newport 2

25 minutes ago, golfandfishing said:

Yes I did. I actually attended the trial. Jeezuseverlivingchrist. 

Oh, well right on then! 

• Like 1

Cameron Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Maybe the jury decided that he would have been responsible had it just been alcohol, but that taking the pills with them is what caused his insane behavior, and that since he didn’t understand the effects of the combination,

It made his intoxication “involuntary”

He said he took ambien pills his “partner” put in his bag. If the jury felt he had no idea the combo would affect him this way, they may have determined he was not responsible.

I mean, they only took one hour to decide so it seems there was no doubt to them he was not guilty (not that he didn’t do what he’s accused of, but not guilty by way of the law)

Involuntary intoxication is a defense. Like if somebody gives you pills without you knowing it, that’s clear cut.

But maybe in this case the jury determined the circumstances made his actions ultimately involuntary. 

Pills or not - it was still him, right?

21 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Why was he acquitted in less than one hour?

Clearly the jury thought “not guilty” in the eyes of the law was a no brainer. 

I guess, I mean OJ was found not guilty too but he cut two people’s throats open. Not guilty and did not do it are different. I hope he realizes how lucky he is legally and how polluted of a human he is personally. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, golfandfishing said:

I guess, I mean OJ was found not guilty too but he cut two people’s throats open. Not guilty and did not do it are different. I hope he realizes how lucky he is legally and how polluted of a human he is personally. 

...What bro? A whole flight saw this guy do it. Who saw OJ do it? Wat a crazy comparison. 

But I respect the second part of your post

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

14 minutes ago, golfandfishing said:

GaF, I’m all for treating abusers of women and children with Old Testament justice.

In this case, based on how bizarrre his behavior was, I think that the law may have recognized that he could not have anticipated his reaction to the combination of the pills and booze and was not able to form intent to commit them. They were reportedly not his pills, he was looking to sleep, his “partner” gave them to him so he took them. 

Had it just been alcohol, things would probably have gone differently. 

If you look at his behavior, and perhaps combined with character references (assuming he had some) and any lack of history of similar crimes/actions, the “involuntary intoxication” defense may have been the case.

https://apnews.com/article/sports-europe-london-golf-sexual-assault-24147c8ca9315029ee87e8f2d1d159c2

0D3A083F-A2C9-4620-B4CC-8F4BD0567EC8.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2