New Graphite Design Tour AD XC shafts - August 2019

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @76mpg said: > Why is it called xtra carry if it is listed as a soft handle, stiff mid and tip profile and a low to mid launch?   It was originally Xtra Crispy but they changed it at the las

The new 2020 Tour AD XC - "**X**tra **C**arry" - wood shafts will be available at retail on Sept. 6, 2019. The Tour AD XC shaft profile is softer starting at the handle, stiff in the center section a

> @milesnotsmiles said: > > @pdaero said: > > > @deep18 said: > > > So does this signal they’re going to start rolling out updated versions of all their older model shaft

The new 2020 Tour AD XC - "**X**tra **C**arry" - wood shafts will be available at retail on Sept. 6, 2019. The Tour AD XC shaft profile is softer starting at the handle, stiff in the center section and has a stiff tip to promote low/mid launch angles and low-ball spin rates. The Tour AD XC also utilizes the brand new TORAYCA ® M40X carbon-fiber pre-preg in the Mid to Tip Section of the shaft as well as the TORAYCA ® T1100G carbon-fiber pre-preg with NANOALLOY ® technology in the tip section of the shaft for unrivaled shaft stability and precise ball control without the loss of the exceptional feel that Graphite Design shafts are so well known for.

Please stay tuned to **proschoicegolfshafts.com** for more details.

• Like 2

hmmmm. hopefully stiff profiles to test as well

Titleist TSi3 9° | Tensei AV Raw White 65S

Titleist TSi3 16.5º | Tensei AV Raw White 75S
Titleist 818H2 21º | Atmos HB TS Blue 8S
Callaway Apex CF19 5-PW | Modus 105S
Callaway MD5 50°W 54°S 58°X | KBS $-Taper 120S

Toulon Las Vegas H7 | Stability Tour
Titleist ProV1x

> @pdaero said:

> So, is this like a new and improved BB?

I believe so

• Like 1

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

If this is the new BB profile I’ll have to give it a try.

> @"Graphite Design Sales" said:

> The new 2020 Tour AD XC - "**X**tra **C**arry" - wood shafts will be available at retail on Sept. 6, 2019. The Tour AD XC shaft profile is softer starting at the handle, stiff in the center section and has a stiff tip to promote low/mid launch angles and low-ball spin rates. The Tour AD XC also utilizes the brand new TORAYCA ® M40X carbon-fiber pre-preg in the Mid to Tip Section of the shaft as well as the TORAYCA ® T1100G carbon-fiber pre-preg with NANOALLOY ® technology in the tip section of the shaft for unrivaled shaft stability and precise ball control without the loss of the exceptional feel that Graphite Design shafts are so well known for.

>

> Please stay tuned to **proschoicegolfshafts.com** for more details.

Titleist TSi3 9.0 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 TX
Titleist TSi3 15 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei AV Raw White 85 TX
Titleist CNCPT CP-03 3i, CP-02 4i-9i w/ TT Dynamic Gold TI X100
Vokey BVHG SM8 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.10S, 60.08M w/ TT DG TI
Scotty Cameron Roundback Tour 1.5/Timeless Tourtype SSS
WITB Link

> @deep18 said:

> So does this signal they’re going to start rolling out updated versions of all their older model shafts like the DI?

They already did that - the TP series.

Titleist 917D2 9.5* w/ Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX
Titleist TS2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90X
Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400
PING Anser Milled 0 34"

> @milesnotsmiles said:

> > @pdaero said:

> > > @deep18 said:

> > > So does this signal they’re going to start rolling out updated versions of all their older model shafts like the DI?

> >

> > They already did that - the TP series.

>

> I didn't realize that TP was the update to DI, thats interesting

IZ seemed to be more of a direct replacement to DI, over the TP in my opinion

• Like 2

Titleist TS3 9.5 Diamana BF 60x Taylormade M5 14* Rogue Black 110MSI 70TS | Ping G410 19* Tour 85x | Srixon z785 5-PW C-Taper Lite X Titleist Vokey SM7 50F 56S 60SBlue Slate, Modus 125s | Odyssey Stroke Lab Black 7 | Taylormade TP5x Yellow

From some people I have talked to, the TP wasn’t an updated DI, that was how it was described by a few different people. Basically everybody familiar with shafts knows the AD DI, so that became sort of a bench mark when describing newer shafts. DI is soft/soft/tip stiff and the TP is firm/firm/tip stiff. Slots in nicely between the DI and the BB (soft handle/stiff/tip stiff). This new XC has same profile as BB with newer materials.

> @KevCannon said:

> From some people I have talked to, the TP wasn’t an updated DI, that was how it was described by a few different people. Basically everybody familiar with shafts knows the AD DI, so that became sort of a bench mark when describing newer shafts. DI is soft/soft/tip stiff and the TP is firm/firm/tip stiff. Slots in nicely between the DI and the BB (soft handle/stiff/tip stiff). This new XC has same profile as BB with newer materials.

Thanks for that, Kev - I know the DI was mid-mid-stiff, and felt like the TP was a slightly firmer profile but improved tech.

Titleist 917D2 9.5* w/ Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX
Titleist TS2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90X
Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400
PING Anser Milled 0 34"

Yeah the TP really does feel like a much firmer/tighter DI, still has that kick through impact but not nearly as much as the DI. I wish more companies described shafts in the way Graphite Design does, as far as butt, middle, and tip stiffness levels. TP has been in my driver for well over 2 years and not going anywhere anytime soon, favorite shaft to date.

Is it going to be in S-flex for us slow swingers? Or do you have to be a big hitter for these? LOL

Driver: Titleist TS2 HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5*

Utility: Titleist U500 19* UST Proforce V2

Irons:  T300 4-5 iron, T200 6-PW PX Catalyst 100 w/ MCC Align

Wedges: Vokeys SM8 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: ProV1

I'm a BB guy in the driver, so I hope to get to try this out soon!

Mavrik SZ 8° w/AD BB

Big Bertha Mini 12° w/Voodoo VS 
Epic Flash 17° w/Rogue M•AX
X Forged UT 18° & 22° w/PX
Apex Pro '19 5-A w/PX
X Forged Jaws 54 w/PX

PM 1.0 58 w/Spinner
White Hot #5 Center Shafted
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

• 1 month later...

> @DaltonSTL said:

> > @milesnotsmiles said:

> > > @pdaero said:

> > > > @deep18 said:

> > > > So does this signal they’re going to start rolling out updated versions of all their older model shafts like the DI?

> > >

> > > They already did that - the TP series.

> >

> > I didn't realize that TP was the update to DI, thats interesting

>

> IZ seemed to be more of a direct replacement to DI, over the TP in my opinion

The IZ is closer to the DI, and even the VR is closer than the XC. I think it’s an updated BB witch is a great shaft.

Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
Nike 006 Rory Proto ([b][color=#FF0000]Oven[/color][/b])
TP5x Pix

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]