Are people in the UK / Europe interested in unique putter brands?

I've noticed in the US there's lots of interest in hard to find Japanese brands, or companies that make bespoke or limited addition putters (Swag Golf, Byron Morgan etc).

I haven't seen much interest on the subject first hand here in the UK. People seem to buy the usual established golf brands such as Scotty Cameron, Ping, or Odyssey.

Are UK golfers interested in this but it's just not available? What are the benefits of a more unique putter experience & what are your favourite brands?

Cheers

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not from the UK, but as far as experience and options, I’m a lefty. I have a specific eye and feel I’ve been searching for for over 5 years. I like a specific feel, and need a specific shaft offse

I’m not from the UK, but as far as experience and options, I’m a lefty. I have a specific eye and feel I’ve been searching for for over 5 years. I like a specific feel, and need a specific shaft offset, everything really. I wanted something that allowed some personalization and I could make it mine. I didn’t want to be on the putting green and be one of the same where everyone had the 3 cherry dots. I wanted to be different.

Here’s my Bettinardi:

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1780831/bettinardi-hive-custom-putter-review#latest

• Like 1

I had an interest a while ago...specifically a custom 8802-type blade putter. There was a chap called James Ingles who had a fantastic, reasonably priced range of putters but he joined Scratch Golf and then disappeared.

Golf Alchemy had developed an 8802-type putter (Custom Factory) that looked fantastic and felt even better, but I was short of the cash at the time and didn’t follow it up. They now just do the ‘Jigsaw’ putter which looks interesting but is not a blade putter.

Raybon Putters also piqued my interest but they didn’t do a blade (although I’m sure they would have had a look at it).

In the end, I bought a Radius #8 putter ‘off the rack’ on close out from Clubhouse Golf for £50 and it has been the perfect purchase for me.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff
Wilson Staff PMP wedges 50/54/58 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Radius Classic 8

When all those custom putters are jazzed up copies of Ping Ansers/Zings/My Day or a Wilson 8802. Why bother spending $$$$ on something that costs $$ and does the job?

Mizuno ST190 TS Driver Fujikura Atmos 5R
Mizuno ST190 TS 3W Fujikura Atmos 6R
Ping G400 7 Wood Aldila Rip'd 65R
Mizuno JPX Hi Fli 4 hybrid Recoil ESX R
5 - 6 Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Recoil F3 95g R
7 -W Mizuno MP18 SC Recoil F3 95g R
53.08 Vokey SM5
58.10 Vokey SM5
Ping Craz-e G2i

I think its another case of this site skewing the real views.

I golf 100 rounds per year and play all over and have never seen more than a couple custom/boutique putters. I have a Slighter. Never seen anyone who even knew what that was. I've never seen a Byron Morgan/Mann/Lamb/Swag etc putter more than a couple times in my life. If I asked any of the members at my course what a MannKrafted or Karl Lajosi was 95 percent wouldnt have a clue.

A small percentage of US and UK players who would be so enamoured with the game to spend hundreds on a custom putter are usually the same type that would sign up for a golf specific forum concentrating on golf gear...

I’m in the uk and I game a mannkrafted ma/66 but I treated myself to this only from chatting to LaMont on here for a few years. I also have a Raybon (now out of business?) and a stunning Anser style blade from A Scottish company called Clydebuilt. I realise I am one of the few who are really into bespoke and custom made flatsticks and as others have said 95% wouldn’t have a clue about any of those companies I mentioned. It’s always Cameron, ping, odyssey and Taylormade.