2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Walking ahead

LICC

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @antip said:

> > > Chamblee is simply out of step with most thinking golfers on this issue. "The rudest players are the fast players" is the dumbest thing I have heard from a so-called golf analyst.

> >

> > And yet he is correct, Maybe dumb, but correct.

>

> No, not really. They honestly don't disrupt anyone where as really slow players can disrupt everyone

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @antip said:

> > > Chamblee is simply out of step with most thinking golfers on this issue. "The rudest players are the fast players" is the dumbest thing I have heard from a so-called golf analyst.

> >

> > And yet he is correct, Maybe dumb, but correct.

>

> No, not really. They honestly don't disrupt anyone where as really slow players can disrupt everyone

I think that there is plenty of room for rudeness at each end of the speed spectrum. But fast players can show their impatience, and so visibly APPEAR to be rude. The slow players can just act oblivious as they dawdle along, so their version of rudeness isn't so obvious.

> @davep043 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @antip said:

> > > > Chamblee is simply out of step with most thinking golfers on this issue. "The rudest players are the fast players" is the dumbest thing I have heard from a so-called golf analyst.

> > >

> > > And yet he is correct, Maybe dumb, but correct.

> >

> > No, not really. They honestly don't disrupt anyone where as really slow players can disrupt everyone

>

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @antip said:

> > > > Chamblee is simply out of step with most thinking golfers on this issue. "The rudest players are the fast players" is the dumbest thing I have heard from a so-called golf analyst.

> > >

> > > And yet he is correct, Maybe dumb, but correct.

> >

> > No, not really. They honestly don't disrupt anyone where as really slow players can disrupt everyone

>

> I think that there is plenty of room for rudeness at each end of the speed spectrum. But fast players can show their impatience, and so visibly APPEAR to be rude. The slow players can just act oblivious as they dawdle along, so their version of rudeness isn't so obvious.

I think there is a not so fine line between fast players and simply rude players, that is an entirely different story. The guys who get to their ball and hit it quickly are never an issue and/or rude in any way. The guy who rushes off the green and is hitting his tee shot while guys are still putting is just an ignoramus

> @Krt22 said:

> > @davep043 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > Chamblee is simply out of step with most thinking golfers on this issue. "The rudest players are the fast players" is the dumbest thing I have heard from a so-called golf analyst.

> > > >

> > > > And yet he is correct, Maybe dumb, but correct.

> > >

> > > No, not really. They honestly don't disrupt anyone where as really slow players can disrupt everyone

> >

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > Chamblee is simply out of step with most thinking golfers on this issue. "The rudest players are the fast players" is the dumbest thing I have heard from a so-called golf analyst.

> > > >

> > >

> > > No, not really. They honestly don't disrupt anyone where as really slow players can disrupt everyone

> >

> > I think that there is plenty of room for rudeness at each end of the speed spectrum. But fast players can show their impatience, and so visibly APPEAR to be rude. The slow players can just act oblivious as they dawdle along, so their version of rudeness isn't so obvious.

>

> I think there is a not so fine line between fast players and simply rude players, that is an entirely different story. The guys who get to their ball and hit it quickly are never an issue and/or rude in any way. The guy who rushes off the green and is hitting his tee shot while guys are still putting is just an ignoramus

Even if the group has fallen two holes behind?

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @davep043 said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > Chamblee is simply out of step with most thinking golfers on this issue. "The rudest players are the fast players" is the dumbest thing I have heard from a so-called golf analyst.

> > > > >

> > > > > And yet he is correct, Maybe dumb, but correct.

> > > >

> > > > No, not really. They honestly don't disrupt anyone where as really slow players can disrupt everyone

> > >

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > Chamblee is simply out of step with most thinking golfers on this issue. "The rudest players are the fast players" is the dumbest thing I have heard from a so-called golf analyst.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > No, not really. They honestly don't disrupt anyone where as really slow players can disrupt everyone

> > >

> > > I think that there is plenty of room for rudeness at each end of the speed spectrum. But fast players can show their impatience, and so visibly APPEAR to be rude. The slow players can just act oblivious as they dawdle along, so their version of rudeness isn't so obvious.

> >

> > I think there is a not so fine line between fast players and simply rude players, that is an entirely different story. The guys who get to their ball and hit it quickly are never an issue and/or rude in any way. The guy who rushes off the green and is hitting his tee shot while guys are still putting is just an ignoramus

>

> Even if the group has fallen two holes behind?

>

In that case totally OK. There are actually 2 golfers in my men's club that are so dang slow that you essentially have to do this, otherwise you are in for a smooth 5.5 hour round (not even exaggerating)

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:> It’s a rare day when I ride. So I get it. Cart idiots are a whole other subject.

> > I walk and ride every week. Walking idiots are a whole other subject.

> >

>

> back to your trolling antics I see.

No trolling at all. It's appropriate to respond to a stupid post with a stupid post.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @davep043 said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I think that there is plenty of room for rudeness at each end of the speed spectrum. But fast players can show their impatience, and so visibly APPEAR to be rude. The slow players can just act oblivious as they dawdle along, so their version of rudeness isn't so obvious.

> >

> > I think there is a not so fine line between fast players and simply rude players, that is an entirely different story. The guys who get to their ball and hit it quickly are never an issue and/or rude in any way. The guy who rushes off the green and is hitting his tee shot while guys are still putting is just an ignoramus

>

> Even if the group has fallen two holes behind?

>

There are better ways to keep the group on pace.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @davep043 said:

> > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > > Chamblee is simply out of step with most thinking golfers on this issue. "The rudest players are the fast players" is the dumbest thing I have heard from a so-called golf analyst.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And yet he is correct, Maybe dumb, but correct.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, not really. They honestly don't disrupt anyone where as really slow players can disrupt everyone

> > > >

> > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > > Chamblee is simply out of step with most thinking golfers on this issue. "The rudest players are the fast players" is the dumbest thing I have heard from a so-called golf analyst.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And yet he is correct, Maybe dumb, but correct.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, not really. They honestly don't disrupt anyone where as really slow players can disrupt everyone

> > > >

> > > > I think that there is plenty of room for rudeness at each end of the speed spectrum. But fast players can show their impatience, and so visibly APPEAR to be rude. The slow players can just act oblivious as they dawdle along, so their version of rudeness isn't so obvious.

> > >

> > > I think there is a not so fine line between fast players and simply rude players, that is an entirely different story. The guys who get to their ball and hit it quickly are never an issue and/or rude in any way. The guy who rushes off the green and is hitting his tee shot while guys are still putting is just an ignoramus

> >

> > Even if the group has fallen two holes behind?

> >

>

> There are better ways to keep the group on pace.

A group that has fallen behind two holes due to slow players is unlikely going to change their routines to magically pick up the pace. Inevitably, the fast players typically have to make up for the lost time by quickening their already fast pace, and moving ahead. Been there. Done that. Too many times to count.

The rudest thing a player can do is inconvenience dozens of players in the group behind by not maintaining pace. It's not even in the same ballpark as a player walking to the next tee to hit. Obviously I wouldn't do that if my group was not out of position, as the group ahead would still be in the fairway.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

This goes into the mindset of fast play versus somebody who will never understand it. Walking ahead specially if you hit a ball into another fairway or possibly into a lost ball possibility is a reason to start walking if it does not deter the other players from hitting or getting in their line of sight. Now if you start walking off and I can see you walking then obviously that is not acceptable. Now if you make it to where you are walking off right away each time, that can be a distraction during the round as well. All I ask is that you be considerate when doing it.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

> @llewol007 said:

> All I ask is that you be considerate when doing it.

Its so simple, isn't it. Walking ahead shouldn't be a problem, as long as they players "ahead" are considerate of those who are getting ready to play. And the players getting ready to hit shouldn't hesitate to ask (pleasantly) for a player ahead to move aside if he's in a distracting position. Communication and consideration are all it takes, from all players.

I'm pretty sure in the Brooks/Rory thing that Rory would have asked Brooks to move if he was in a distracting position, and Brooks would have gladly complied. Its best handled by the players involved, not by those of us reviewing the video.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @davep043 said:

> > > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > > > Chamblee is simply out of step with most thinking golfers on this issue. "The rudest players are the fast players" is the dumbest thing I have heard from a so-called golf analyst.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And yet he is correct, Maybe dumb, but correct.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, not really. They honestly don't disrupt anyone where as really slow players can disrupt everyone

> > > > >

> > > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > > > @antip said:

> > > > > > > > Chamblee is simply out of step with most thinking golfers on this issue. "The rudest players are the fast players" is the dumbest thing I have heard from a so-called golf analyst.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And yet he is correct, Maybe dumb, but correct.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, not really. They honestly don't disrupt anyone where as really slow players can disrupt everyone

> > > > >

> > > > > I think that there is plenty of room for rudeness at each end of the speed spectrum. But fast players can show their impatience, and so visibly APPEAR to be rude. The slow players can just act oblivious as they dawdle along, so their version of rudeness isn't so obvious.

> > > >

> > > > I think there is a not so fine line between fast players and simply rude players, that is an entirely different story. The guys who get to their ball and hit it quickly are never an issue and/or rude in any way. The guy who rushes off the green and is hitting his tee shot while guys are still putting is just an ignoramus

> > >

> > > Even if the group has fallen two holes behind?

> > >

> >

> > There are better ways to keep the group on pace.

>

> A group that has fallen behind two holes due to slow players is unlikely going to change their routines to magically pick up the pace. Inevitably, the fast players typically have to make up for the lost time by quickening their already fast pace, and moving ahead. Been there. Done that. Too many times to count.

>

Running ahead to the next tee isn't going to speed up slow players. In fact, it's more likely to slow them down.

If I am playing with new people, I ask them how they feel about me walking to my ball. If I am playing with people I normally play with, well, they don't care. I am very perceptive of when they are taking practice swings and when they step up to their shots. At that point, I stop walking be still and watch. In my opinion it is part of ready golf. Now, those who are walking off the green and to the next tee box, while I am trying to make a putt. Yeah, that's annoying! And if you do that to me, I will let you know.

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:  Apex 19 3h 20*

Hybrid:  Apex 19 4h 23*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 5i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

Better topic question: Who's standing forty yards out and ten yards to the right of a 20 handicapper about to hit?

Don't confuse Tour pros with recreational golfers, you'll get hurt. I don't care of Brooks gets beaned, but I'm taking no chances.

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

> @BMC said:

> Better topic question: Who's standing forty yards out and ten yards to the right of a 20 handicapper about to hit?

> Don't confuse Tour pros with recreational golfers, you'll get hurt. I don't care of Brooks gets beaned, but I'm taking no chances.

I would be 40 yards ahead and about 20 yards right, preferably behind a cart or tree, and focused on their ball as they play! I am still walking up to see how my ball is lying and to get the optics of my approach so that I can start to visualize the shot I need to hit.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

After reading and posting over the past week, I paid attention to how I actually play over the weekend. In my groups, including Saturday with a one-time Div 1 college golfer, we almost always moved ahead of the player who was getting ready to hit. We stayed off to one side, we looked back to watch, occasionally someone would ask if he needed to move further out of the way, but it was never an issue. Brandel's outrage is pretty far off-base, at least in my world.

• Like 1

2nd round of the BMW. 30 yds ahead and 20 yds offline?

![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/hav1q8qoelz83o4/20190816_183758.jpg "")

> @Argonne69 said:

> 2nd round of the BMW. 30 yds ahead and 20 yds offline?

>

> ![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/hav1q8qoelz83o4/20190816_183758.jpg "")

The cameras can at times distort the proportions, I don't really know how far ahead and offline BK was. No matter, Rory is pretty much a grown man at this stage, I think if he was bothered with someone's position, he'd ask them to move.

people only truly care that i walk ahead to keep pace or look for my ball in the rough if they are playing bad. they need to blame it else where and the guy ahead way out of sight but still ahead is the crutch they choose. if they bring it up i’ll fall back and wait a hole or 2 and press on once again.

that being said, when i’m out golfing with my wife we generally walk evening rounds. if i walk a head of her and go to my ball after she hits her drive she says i didn’t come to play golf alone! so we usually walk together like we’re following a sidewalk talking about stuff. when we get paired with others i remind her after you hit i’m going to my ball, you do the same and stay out of the line of others for your own safety. i’ll usually walk into the green with her, either words of encouragement to her or me complaining about the last shot i had etc... ( last sunday she hit 14 fairways! and 5 greens in reg, second year of golf w/o lessons so far, she was my motivational speaker that round haha)

> @Krt22 said:

> > @davep043 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @antip said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @antip said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > I think that there is plenty of room for rudeness at each end of the speed spectrum. But fast players can show their impatience, and so visibly APPEAR to be rude. The slow players can just act oblivious as they dawdle along, so their version of rudeness isn't so obvious.

>

> I think there is a not so fine line between fast players and simply rude players, that is an entirely different story. The guys who get to their ball and hit it quickly are never an issue and/or rude in any way. The guy who rushes off the green and is hitting his tee shot while guys are still putting is just an ignoramus

That's a bit of a stretch. If the golfer has been playing since they were juniors, and played competitive junior golf, that's the expectation and how he/she grew up playing. In fact yesterday I saw a pro on the course with 3 kids doing what looked like a playing lesson and that's how he was instructing them to play. I won't proceed to the next hole and tee off, but I will proceed to the cart or bag and be ready to move on once I hole out. My group plays this way, before the flag rule the last guy to hole out puts the flag back, now we just leave the flag in (which I know is not everybody's cup o tea). This is just a small part of why our 4some can play in 3 hours on an empty course without rushing.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @MountainKing said:

> That's a bit of a stretch. If the golfer has been playing since they were juniors, and played competitive junior golf, that's the expectation and how he/she grew up playing. In fact yesterday I saw a pro on the course with 3 kids doing what looked like a playing lesson and that's how he was instructing them to play. I won't proceed to the next hole and tee off, but I will proceed to the cart or bag and be ready to move on once I hole out. My group plays this way, before the flag rule the last guy to hole out puts the flag back, now we just leave the flag in (which I know is not everybody's cup o tea). This is just a small part of why our 4some can play in 3 hours on an empty course without rushing.

I watched the NCAA Regional tournament this year. NOBODY left the green area before everyone putted out.

Golfers who leave before everyone putts out our just as rude as slow golfers. Last time I checked the objective of playing golf is to have fun, not to see how fast you can play.

Being ready to leave is wonderful. Leaving before everyone putts out is rude.

To me "Leaving the green" means heading for the next tee or similar, i.e. really heading off. Walking to the edge or even to your push cart is not "leaving the green", you can still follow the putts and recognise the good ones, which I guess is the purpose of being courteous.

Last weekend I spent too much time watching three people in a ring around the putter, and then walking to their pushcarts, putting on the headcover, filling in scorecard etc. Especially the ones with some reason for slow walk should start moving asap, everyone even in their group would be happy.

Ping G15 Titleist 950R Titleist 910D2 Titleist TS2
Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Titleist 735cm Titleist AP2
Vokey wedges
Tri-Ball SRT Odyssey Works Versa #1 Tank Scotty Cameron Futura 5W

> @QEight said:

> To me "Leaving the green" means heading for the next tee or similar, i.e. really heading off. Walking to the edge or even to your push cart is not "leaving the green", you can still follow the putts and recognise the good ones, which I guess is the purpose of being courteous.

>

> Last weekend I spent too much time watching three people in a ring around the putter, and then walking to their pushcarts, putting on the headcover, filling in scorecard etc. Especially the ones with some reason for slow walk should start moving asap, everyone even in their group would be happy.

Agree. Anyone who plays on crowded courses is being respectful by going to their bag to wait to be ready to go after the last player putts. It is not the same as a tournament where everyone has caddies.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > That's a bit of a stretch. If the golfer has been playing since they were juniors, and played competitive junior golf, that's the expectation and how he/she grew up playing. In fact yesterday I saw a pro on the course with 3 kids doing what looked like a playing lesson and that's how he was instructing them to play. I won't proceed to the next hole and tee off, but I will proceed to the cart or bag and be ready to move on once I hole out. My group plays this way, before the flag rule the last guy to hole out puts the flag back, now we just leave the flag in (which I know is not everybody's cup o tea). This is just a small part of why our 4some can play in 3 hours on an empty course without rushing.

>

> I watched the NCAA Regional tournament this year. NOBODY left the green area before everyone putted out.

> Golfers who leave before everyone putts out our just as rude as slow golfers. Last time I checked the objective of playing golf is to have fun, not to see how fast you can play.

>

> Being ready to leave is wonderful. Leaving before everyone putts out is rude.

>

>

Yeah because the NCAA is the perfect example of how amateurs should play ready golf so they're not on the course for 5 hours. Maybe we should also get coaches to walk around with us to get us yardages and help us read greens and discuss shots for 3-4 minutes at a time. It's almost worst than watching some of the guys on tour.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @MountainKing said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > I watched the NCAA Regional tournament this year. NOBODY left the green area before everyone putted out.

> > Golfers who leave before everyone putts out our just as rude as slow golfers. Last time I checked the objective of playing golf is to have fun, not to see how fast you can play.

> >

> > Being ready to leave is wonderful. Leaving before everyone putts out is rude.

>

> Yeah because the NCAA is the perfect example of how amateurs should play ready golf so they're not on the course for 5 hours. Maybe we should also get coaches to walk around with us to get us yardages and help us read greens and discuss shots for 3-4 minutes at a time. It's almost worst than watching some of the guys on tour.

Your opinion of the pace of play in NCAA events doesn't change the standards of appropriate behavior. In this instance, the slow play isn't caused by players waiting at the edge of the green while the last player putts out, its caused by a bunch of other issues. Watching the players finish each hole is appropriate, and is really essential if you're marking that last player's card.

Got paired with a father/son duo this past weekend and the kid was walking ahead pretty often. I'm guessing he was used to doing that with his dad since the old man was a pretty short hitter. But he needed to adjust when playing with other people. At first I was a little annoyed but rationalized it by thinking he was at least trying to play fast and "ready golf". But the problem was it was backed up on the course so there was nowhere to go. Most egregious example was on the 8th hole, short par 4. We were all in the fairway, dad was around 140 out, my friend was around 120 or so, I was a few yard in front of him and the young dude right near the 100 marker. While dad was fiddling around in the cart, he grabbed a club and walked up to his ball (in the middle of the fairway). Dad hits and my friend and I are muttering that it doesn't look like the kid is going to move, just standing there. So my friend tries the diplomatic approach and says, "why don't you go ahead since you're standing right there." OK, not a bad idea and better than what I was planning to say. Few holes later again my friend is hitting an approach and the kid is standing a few feet off the green, right on the "safe" side for an approach. I had also walked up and was waiting off the green by the cart path. My friend hits his shot, right over the kid's head and in the rough. When my friend got to the green, he told me he said to the dad, "I wish your son wouldn't stand right in my line." Dad said he would speak with the kid, not sure how he handled it though. Couple holes later they had both hit poor tee shots, my friend and I drove out to our balls and noticed that the other cart was nowhere to be found. We waited a bit and finally figured out they had just left, not even a word to let us know. Not sure if it was the comment, the slow pace or maybe they ran out of golf balls? It will forever remain a mystery.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > any pics of where brooks was standing ?

> There are galleries closer than that on just about every tee box.

> x256qyeccpr7.jpg

>

Not to completely rehash this picture, and obviously it could be distorted, but Rory is aimed at the middle bunker, and the green is left of his left shoulder. I think Bruce is in a fine spot. Rory would have to dead-shank, not even a JT half-shank, to put Bruce in any danger.

> @davep043 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > > I watched the NCAA Regional tournament this year. NOBODY left the green area before everyone putted out.

> > > Golfers who leave before everyone putts out our just as rude as slow golfers. Last time I checked the objective of playing golf is to have fun, not to see how fast you can play.

> > >

> > > Being ready to leave is wonderful. Leaving before everyone putts out is rude.

> >

> > Yeah because the NCAA is the perfect example of how amateurs should play ready golf so they're not on the course for 5 hours. Maybe we should also get coaches to walk around with us to get us yardages and help us read greens and discuss shots for 3-4 minutes at a time. It's almost worst than watching some of the guys on tour.

> Your opinion of the pace of play in NCAA events doesn't change the standards of appropriate behavior. In this instance, the slow play isn't caused by players waiting at the edge of the green while the last player putts out, its caused by a bunch of other issues. Watching the players finish each hole is appropriate, and is really essential if you're marking that last player's card.

>

If the groups are playing in threesomes, the marker for the last one to hole out sticks by the green while the other player heads to the next teebox.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @davep043 said:

> > > @MountainKing said:

> > > > I watched the NCAA Regional tournament this year. NOBODY left the green area before everyone putted out.

> > > > Golfers who leave before everyone putts out our just as rude as slow golfers. Last time I checked the objective of playing golf is to have fun, not to see how fast you can play.

> > > >

> > > > Being ready to leave is wonderful. Leaving before everyone putts out is rude.

> > >

> > > Yeah because the NCAA is the perfect example of how amateurs should play ready golf so they're not on the course for 5 hours. Maybe we should also get coaches to walk around with us to get us yardages and help us read greens and discuss shots for 3-4 minutes at a time. It's almost worst than watching some of the guys on tour.

> > Your opinion of the pace of play in NCAA events doesn't change the standards of appropriate behavior. In this instance, the slow play isn't caused by players waiting at the edge of the green while the last player putts out, its caused by a bunch of other issues. Watching the players finish each hole is appropriate, and is really essential if you're marking that last player's card.

> >

>

> If the groups are playing in threesomes, the marker for the last one to hole out sticks by the green while the other player heads to the next teebox.

>

What you're saying contradicts what @Roadking2003 said, and I don't know which is correct. Generally, I believe that moving towards your bag or your cart is fine, but staying close enough to watch the last player finish the hole is appropriate. My point was that just because the NCAA tournaments play very slowly doesn't mean that they don't do some things properly, or that everything they do contributes to the slow play. On the other hand, if a group is falling out of position, I don't have a problem with a player moving away towards the next tee in an effort to save a few seconds and catch back up. None of this is so set in stone as to be unchangeable no matter what happens.

> @davep043 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > > I watched the NCAA Regional tournament this year. NOBODY left the green area before everyone putted out.

> > > Golfers who leave before everyone putts out our just as rude as slow golfers. Last time I checked the objective of playing golf is to have fun, not to see how fast you can play.

> > >

> > > Being ready to leave is wonderful. Leaving before everyone putts out is rude.

> >

> > Yeah because the NCAA is the perfect example of how amateurs should play ready golf so they're not on the course for 5 hours. Maybe we should also get coaches to walk around with us to get us yardages and help us read greens and discuss shots for 3-4 minutes at a time. It's almost worst than watching some of the guys on tour.

> Your opinion of the pace of play in NCAA events doesn't change the standards of appropriate behavior. In this instance, the slow play isn't caused by players waiting at the edge of the green while the last player putts out, its caused by a bunch of other issues. Watching the players finish each hole is appropriate, and is really essential if you're marking that last player's card.

>

If you are waiting in the fairway on every hole for the group ahead, and they take their time getting off the green, it can be annoying. It also depends if you are carrying your bag and walking or taking a cart. If you carry your bag it makes sense to walk toward it while staying and watching the last person finish.