> @Warrick said:

> > @jmvargas said:

> > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

> > > >

> > > > I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

> > >

> > > I agree that it was one of the most exciting Solheim Cups. But I don't think there was anything unfortunate about the players who participated or didn't participate. The world's best players from the USA and Europe played in it and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less about players from elsewhere who didn't play.

> >

> > ..don't get me wrong...it was a superb ending and the Solheim Cup is a great event for what it is..

> >

> > I just couldn't help thinking that it might evolve into an a la "President's Cup" type event when the organizers realize they DON'T have the worlds best just like in the Ryder Cup when the USA was making a mockery of the competition and which eventually ended up having the President's Cup...

> >

> > but that's just me..

> >

> >

>

> The US dominating the Ryder Cup was some time ago, and led to the inclusion of the rest of Europe. you could make a better argument the President's Cup was created so the US could feel dominant again. Most of the best players in the world play in the RC, conversely an event like that in Women's Golf would be a joke. Ariya, Brooke, and Minjee with the Koreans (and Japan) would beat the best the US and Europe could put together.

...and this is exactly why an event like that in Women's Golf should be interesting..but that's NOT what I'm proposing..it's Korea vs the World......NOT US/Europe vs the World although on second thought that's not a bad idea...maybe East vs West??

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @LICC said: > Inkster is taking some criticism for the singles lineup. Hard to say if a different order would have made a difference.   I didnt watch all the sessions from start to finish, b

> @Argonne69 said: > Captivating TV to say the least. Both teams played extremely well. Kudos to the fans for making even more exciting. > > I guess that's why they play the matches.

> @bladehunter said: > Korda sisters have the pimp hand blown up big !   And Julie sits them in the afternoon. When you're behind you play the hot players....not sit them.

> @PZero said:

> > @Warrick said:

> > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > > the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

> > > > >

> > > > > I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

> > > >

> > > > I agree that it was one of the most exciting Solheim Cups. But I don't think there was anything unfortunate about the players who participated or didn't participate. The world's best players from the USA and Europe played in it and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less about players from elsewhere who didn't play.

> > >

> > > ..don't get me wrong...it was a superb ending and the Solheim Cup is a great event for what it is..

> > >

> > > I just couldn't help thinking that it might evolve into an a la "President's Cup" type event when the organizers realize they DON'T have the worlds best just like in the Ryder Cup when the USA was making a mockery of the competition and which eventually ended up having the President's Cup...

> > >

> > > but that's just me..

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Ariya, Brooke, and Minjee with the Koreans (and Japan) would beat the best the US and Europe could put together.

>

> They are emotionless robots out there. Both the US and especially the Euro team really gets into it. That's what is the fun part to watch.

>

Odd how when it is a male American (Dustin Johnson, Koepka, etc) they are even-keeled and steady and have attitudes to emulate (see Justin Thomas's interview about watching and wanting to emulate Koepka's attitude), but when it is Asian women, they are emotionless robots.

> @kb19 said:

> > @PZero said:

> > > @Warrick said:

> > > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > > > the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree that it was one of the most exciting Solheim Cups. But I don't think there was anything unfortunate about the players who participated or didn't participate. The world's best players from the USA and Europe played in it and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less about players from elsewhere who didn't play.

> > > >

> > > > ..don't get me wrong...it was a superb ending and the Solheim Cup is a great event for what it is..

> > > >

> > > > I just couldn't help thinking that it might evolve into an a la "President's Cup" type event when the organizers realize they DON'T have the worlds best just like in the Ryder Cup when the USA was making a mockery of the competition and which eventually ended up having the President's Cup...

> > > >

> > > > but that's just me..

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ariya, Brooke, and Minjee with the Koreans (and Japan) would beat the best the US and Europe could put together.

> >

> > They are emotionless robots out there. Both the US and especially the Euro team really gets into it. That's what is the fun part to watch.

> >

>

> Odd how when it is a male American (Dustin Johnson, Koepka, etc) they are even-keeled and steady and have attitudes to emulate (see Justin Thomas's interview about watching and wanting to emulate Koepka's attitude), but when it is Asian women, they are emotionless robots.

Really youre going to throw Koepka in there as an emotionless robot? The guy who openly carries chips on his shoulders, goes to twitter to call commentators a clown, talks about he does get the respect he deserves. On course sure, but even then, he in view of a rules officials, a camera, and his playing partner was tapping his wrist and trying to get pace of play picked up. Openly criticized the tour and other players for slow play and a bunch of rules controversies. Called out Bryson for talking to his caddie when that player had an issue with him and his pace of play comments.

Koepka keeps his game pretty even keeled, but hes not an emotionless robot.

> @Tasals said:

> > @kb19 said:

> > > @PZero said:

> > > > @Warrick said:

> > > > > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > > > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > > > > the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I agree that it was one of the most exciting Solheim Cups. But I don't think there was anything unfortunate about the players who participated or didn't participate. The world's best players from the USA and Europe played in it and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less about players from elsewhere who didn't play.

> > > > >

> > > > > ..don't get me wrong...it was a superb ending and the Solheim Cup is a great event for what it is..

> > > > >

> > > > > I just couldn't help thinking that it might evolve into an a la "President's Cup" type event when the organizers realize they DON'T have the worlds best just like in the Ryder Cup when the USA was making a mockery of the competition and which eventually ended up having the President's Cup...

> > > > >

> > > > > but that's just me..

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ariya, Brooke, and Minjee with the Koreans (and Japan) would beat the best the US and Europe could put together.

> > >

> > > They are emotionless robots out there. Both the US and especially the Euro team really gets into it. That's what is the fun part to watch.

> > >

> >

> > Odd how when it is a male American (Dustin Johnson, Koepka, etc) they are even-keeled and steady and have attitudes to emulate (see Justin Thomas's interview about watching and wanting to emulate Koepka's attitude), but when it is Asian women, they are emotionless robots.

>

> Really youre going to throw Koepka in there as an emotionless robot? The guy who openly carries chips on his shoulders, goes to twitter to call commentators a clown, talks about he does get the respect he deserves. On course sure, but even then, he in view of a rules officials, a camera, and his playing partner was tapping his wrist and trying to get pace of play picked up. Openly criticized the tour and other players for slow play and a bunch of rules controversies. Called out Bryson for talking to his caddie when that player had an issue with him and his pace of play comments.

>

> Koepka keeps his game pretty even keeled, but hes not an emotionless robot.

Was referring to on-course game, not his press conference/interview/social media comments. And no, I don't think he is an emotionless robot. I think keeping your emotions under control is probably the most challenging aspect of golf. It's why we find it so difficult to take our driving range swing to the course. I admire those who can play steady, focus on just the one shot in front of them, and make the same swing under pressure as they do when there is an entire bucket of balls in front of them with no one watching.

Congrats to Team Europe. Although this is really a non event for us here in N.Z I was rooting for Team Europe. I also want to applaud the BBC for their commercial free uninterupted coverage of every minute of the Cup which they supplied us through Sky Sports here. It's now up to the LPGA to make sure this is reciprocated for the Cup in 2021 but I very much doubt we will see this from the Golf Channel. I should say I did watch some of the Golf Channel coverge on a seperate computer at the same time and there was a noticeable delay from the live BBC coverage and you also missed a lot of the play due to commecials. To be honest it was hard to watch the GC coverage as after the commercials they replayed some play that was recorded during the commercials before going back to some kind of delayed coverage.

> @kb19 said:

> > @PZero said:

> > > @Warrick said:

> > > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > > > the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

> > > > >

> > > > > I agree that it was one of the most exciting Solheim Cups. But I don't think there was anything unfortunate about the players who participated or didn't participate. The world's best players from the USA and Europe played in it and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less about players from elsewhere who didn't play.

> > > >

> > > > ..don't get me wrong...it was a superb ending and the Solheim Cup is a great event for what it is..

> > > >

> > > > I just couldn't help thinking that it might evolve into an a la "President's Cup" type event when the organizers realize they DON'T have the worlds best just like in the Ryder Cup when the USA was making a mockery of the competition and which eventually ended up having the President's Cup...

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ariya, Brooke, and Minjee with the Koreans (and Japan) would beat the best the US and Europe could put together.

> >

> > They are emotionless robots out there. Both the US and especially the Euro team really gets into it. That's what is the fun part to watch.

> >

>

> Odd how when it is a male American (Dustin Johnson, Koepka, etc) they are even-keeled and steady and have attitudes to emulate (see Justin Thomas's interview about watching and wanting to emulate Koepka's attitude), but when it is Asian women, they are emotionless robots.

Nice try making it about race. I've said Koepka is boring and if you dig through my comments. I believe I even called him an emotionless robot at one point. In fact, I dislike Koepka because he is an emotionless robot and I've said this about other American players too. His latest BS solidified that position.

Here I said he has the personality of wallpaper.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/19041065#Comment_19041065

And when I criticized his "celebrations" when winning or lack thereof.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18928609#Comment_18928609

DJ gives you a little here and there, but he's pretty flat lined too.

> @munichop said:

> A few thoughts on the event.

> I taped it and watched it on ff yesterday and this morning. Match play is great because the golf can be mediocre at times but still create great matches to watch ( Lexi's match was one example). What stood out to me was the high number of lipouts this weekend; more than I can remember in a team event ever. I think the wind on Saturday just eroded everyone's putting confidence so even today they weren't sure of themselves. I was more happy for the Europeans than disappointed for the USA.

> The pajama pants looked like something you would wear in a charity scramble.

> I was disappointed in the coverage today. They seemed to focus on 4 or 5 matches and entire close matches were not given much tv. Since I ff most of it the commentary is not something I worried much about. But what seems sure with these events is even the most routine shots and decisions can get inside the heads of really good players because of the moment. And seeing how it unfolds makes it some of the most compelling golf to watch.

> Congrats to all the players and teams for the exhibition and the effort to bring their best golf forward when the moment calls for it. We all marvel when top golfers execute great shots under pressure. For me it illustrates the great challenge and satisfaction that comes when it actually works the way you hope it will.

Walker Cup and Solheim Cup USA Sundays would be remembered for fugly pants, can't wait to see Presidents Cup. Kangaroos and beers?

> @LICC said:

> Inkster is taking some criticism for the singles lineup. Hard to say if a different order would have made a difference.

I didnt watch all the sessions from start to finish, but I'd say that the biggest reason the US didnt come out on top was because the team's best player, Lexi Thompson, didn't win a match all weekend. Yeah she garnered a point with a couple of halves, but if you're depended on to play in 4 of the 5 sessions by the captain, you need to win at least one match.

• Like 3

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @LICC said:

> > Inkster is taking some criticism for the singles lineup. Hard to say if a different order would have made a difference.

>

> I didnt watch all the sessions from start to finish, but I'd say that the biggest reason the US didnt come out on top was because the team's best player, Lexi Thompson, didn't win a match all weekend. Yeah she garnered a point with a couple of halves, but if you're depended on to play in 4 of the 5 sessions by the captain, you need to win at least one match.

I got to speed through all of it on the DVR. I have to say Lexi was the one that really should have brought more to the party. I know she tweaked her back, but she was the critical piece. The rooks acquitted themselves quite nicely. Petterson...wow. That's all I can say.

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0

G410 5, 7 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0

G710 4-UW - Accra 70i

Glide 3.0 54ES, 58WS Accra 70i

PING Bruzer

PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch & Craz-E **Backups**

(My son is waiting patiently for the G425 woods so he can take my old ones!)

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @PZero said:

> > > @Warrick said:

> > > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> ____________________

> I'd never label Brooke or Minjee as being "**_emotionless robots_**" ... they truly are two of the more passionate players on tour. And just because many of the Asian women are extremely good at refraining from overt emotional displays, (with a few exceptions), it would be a big mistake to think that they are not pouring their emotions into the effort.

Minjee Lee is actually aussie believe it or not. Korean origin obviously

The coverage was bad, missed key shots somehow with 6 matches left

The US thought they had it in the bag

Giving SP the "hex" on 18 turned out to be a bad idea

Match play is so fun to watch, this was another great example

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Graphite Design AD XC 6x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Blueboard 63x & 7w 19.5* Bboard 73x 

Cally Apex '19 4h & 5h 26* Fubuki 82x

Callaway x-forged UT 27* AD DI 85x

Srixon ZX7 7 - PW PX Catalyst 100 6.5 
Vokey TVD M 51* & TVD M 57* Oil s400 

Vokey SM2 Oil Finish 63* DG TI s400 

Scotty GoLo 7 (35g weights)

> @PZero said:

> > @Warrick said:

> > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > > the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

> > > > >

> > > > > I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

> > > >

> > > > I agree that it was one of the most exciting Solheim Cups. But I don't think there was anything unfortunate about the players who participated or didn't participate. The world's best players from the USA and Europe played in it and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less about players from elsewhere who didn't play.

> > >

> > > ..don't get me wrong...it was a superb ending and the Solheim Cup is a great event for what it is..

> > >

> > > I just couldn't help thinking that it might evolve into an a la "President's Cup" type event when the organizers realize they DON'T have the worlds best just like in the Ryder Cup when the USA was making a mockery of the competition and which eventually ended up having the President's Cup...

> > >

> > > but that's just me..

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Ariya, Brooke, and Minjee with the Koreans (and Japan) would beat the best the US and Europe could put together.

>

> They are emotionless robots out there. Both the US and especially the Euro team really gets into it. That's what is the fun part to watch.

>

Two teams of 2nd tier LPGA talent playing in a created event, to give them both a chance to win something. Perhaps they could become fisrt tier on the LPGA if they weren't so emotional.

Well, I got that weekend completely wrong. I thought that the first two days would be close-ish (got that right) but then the USA would dominate the singles, I also thought Petterson was a really bad choice. I've never been so glad to be so wrong.

Map of Courses Played - https://bit.ly/2Qy3ScY

Lexi 0-0-2: A real non-factor. Her length advantage was nullified with poor putting. Teamed with Marina, she should have dominated Jodi and Caroline M

Nelly 3-0-1: Great week, including the come from behind halve on Friday afternoon.

Jessica 3-0-1: 'Just like little sister.

Lizette 2-2-0: The veteran needed to do more. Solid with Danielle against Carlota and Aza, losing to rusty Suzann and Anne?

Danielle 1-3-0: Ugh. Tough matchup against Carlota, but should have had an easy win against Suzann and Anne.

Megan 0-2-1: Forgetable. Expect at least one win.

Marina 1-1-1: Solid rookie showing, but obviously needed that halve against Suzann.

Brittany 2-0-1: Another solid rookie. Definitely one of the best putters out there.

Angel 2-1-0: Good week, but should have never let the big lead slip on Saturday afternoon.

Annie 1-2-0: Tough matchup against Celine on Sunday.

Morgan 1-1-1: Solid play in group play, but didn't come through in the anchor position against a struggling Anna.

Ally 1-2-0: Losing the big lead on Saturday turned out to be huge. Has the skill to be a Solheim star in the future.

Carlota 1-2-2: Came through when it mattered most.

Anne 1-3-0: Like Lexi, the long hitter's putter is a liability in match play.

Caroline H 0-2-0: A non-factor. Great start on Sunday, but a balky putter popped that balloon.

Charley 2-0-2: Solid record, but I think Aza gets a lot of the credit.

Georgia 4-0-0: One of the two stars of the European team. Can't ask for much more. Expect her and Celine to be a team for years to come.

Azahara 2-1-1: Very solid.

Caroline M 0-2-1: Forgettable week.

Anna 1-2-0: Came through when it mattered.

Bronte 1-1-2: Again, stepped up at the key point.

Celine 4-0-0: Great week for the rookie.

Jodie 0-2-1: Forgettable week. Her putter hold her back.

Suzann 2-1-0: The emotional MVP for the team with the walk off home run.

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 6-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

> @"Oz Max" said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @PZero said:

> > > > @Warrick said:

> > > > > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > > > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > > > > the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I agree that it was one of the most exciting Solheim Cups. But I don't think there was anything unfortunate about the players who participated or didn't participate. The world's best players from the USA and Europe played in it and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less about players from elsewhere who didn't play.

> > > > >

> > > > > ..don't get me wrong...it was a superb ending and the Solheim Cup is a great event for what it is..

> > > > >

> > > > > I just couldn't help thinking that it might evolve into an a la "President's Cup" type event when the organizers realize they DON'T have the worlds best just like in the Ryder Cup when the USA was making a mockery of the competition and which eventually ended up having the President's Cup...

> > > > >

> > > > > but that's just me..

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ariya, Brooke, and Minjee with the Koreans (and Japan) would beat the best the US and Europe could put together.

> > >

> > > They are emotionless robots out there. Both the US and especially the Euro team really gets into it. That's what is the fun part to watch.

> > >

> > ____________________

> > I'd never label Brooke or Minjee as being "**_emotionless robots_**" ... they truly are two of the more passionate players on tour. And just because many of the Asian women are extremely good at refraining from overt emotional displays, (with a few exceptions), it would be a big mistake to think that they are not pouring their emotions into the effort.

>

> Minjee Lee is actually aussie believe it or not. Korean origin obviously

@"Oz Max" ... not sure if this was directed at me or not, but, if so, yes -- I'm very aware that Minjee is from Australia! As is Sue Oh and of course Hannah Green, and a host of others!! I'd love to see a Solheim type of event with Brooke and Minjee on the same team!

So, I was watching this in the morning before golf. U.S. got to within a half point. I just assumed they had won. Honestly, I didn't look at where the other matches were, just figured we'd get a half point somewhere. Then, later in the day I googled just to make sure and it said Europe won. I seriously thought I was reading a headline from like two years ago or something. I still haven't taken the time to find out what exactly happened, lol

> @chigolfer1 said:

> So, I was watching this in the morning before golf. U.S. got to within a half point. I just assumed they had won. Honestly, I didn't look at where the other matches were, just figured we'd get a half point somewhere. Then, later in the day I googled just to make sure and it said Europe won. I seriously thought I was reading a headline from like two years ago or something. I still haven't taken the time to find out what exactly happened, lol

You missed one of the most remarkable finishes in the history of tournament golf. It rolled out so quickly and dramatically during the last 30 minutes that I'm not convinced anyone really grasped the gravity of that last putt. Somehow, somewhere, someone is going to erect a statue to Suzann Petterson.

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @LICC said:

> > Inkster is taking some criticism for the singles lineup. Hard to say if a different order would have made a difference.

>

> I didnt watch all the sessions from start to finish, but I'd say that the biggest reason the US didnt come out on top was because the team's best player, Lexi Thompson, didn't win a match all weekend. Yeah she garnered a point with a couple of halves, but if you're depended on to play in 4 of the 5 sessions by the captain, you need to win at least one match.

Totally agree, and I'd include Kang, the 3rd highest ranked American. But golf is like that. How does Rory miss the cut at the Open? A bummer for us but that unpredictability is what makes the event exciting.

I think Julie anticipated that the Euros would go big early in order to get the crowds rolling. That's been the recipe since Crenshaw at Brookline. If she played the Kordas in 10 & 12 she'd get blasted for allowing the tidal wave to start. I do think the matchups helped EU in having the Kordas draw Hedwall and Jodi, neither of who had looked particularly good up to that point. Before the start of the day I probably would have taken Marina vs. Suzanne for the Cup. Marina was fine, Suzanne just upped her game. Props to her.

> @jmvargas said:

> ...and this is exactly why an event like that in Women's Golf should be interesting..but that's NOT what I'm proposing..it's Korea vs the World......NOT US/Europe vs the World although on second thought that's not a bad idea...maybe East vs West??

They had that exact thing a long time ago (Lexus Cup) and for some reason it must not have worked. Both sides won twice. For golf fans it might be fun but for the casual fan it's hard to get worked up over my hemisphere vs yours. There aren't existing governmental flags like there are for USA and EU.

> @MooJersey said:

> Anyone planning to go to the 2021 Solheim Cup in Toledo? I am seriously thinking about it. It really looks exciting. And Ohio is definitely close enough for me being a couple states away in Maryland.

I think it's likely I'll go. I live about 2 hours from there and have gone to the Marathon event 3 times. I also went to the '09 Solheim outside of Chicago.

> @bunker18 said:

> > @jmvargas said:

> > ...and this is exactly why an event like that in Women's Golf should be interesting..but that's NOT what I'm proposing..it's Korea vs the World......NOT US/Europe vs the World although on second thought that's not a bad idea...maybe East vs West??

>

> They had that exact thing a long time ago (Lexus Cup) and for some reason it must not have worked. Both sides won twice. For golf fans it might be fun but for the casual fan it's hard to get worked up over my hemisphere vs yours. There aren't existing governmental flags like there are for USA and EU.

These tournaments work if rivalry works, that's why we get such level of tension and excitement during Ryder and Solheim Cup. USA vs EU is awesome, USA vs RoTW nobody cares.

US Rookies: 8-7-4

US Veterans: 9-7-5

Looks like the rookies held their own.

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 6-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

> @imakaveli said:

> > @bunker18 said:

> > > @jmvargas said:

> > > ...and this is exactly why an event like that in Women's Golf should be interesting..but that's NOT what I'm proposing..it's Korea vs the World......NOT US/Europe vs the World although on second thought that's not a bad idea...maybe East vs West??

> >

> > They had that exact thing a long time ago (Lexus Cup) and for some reason it must not have worked. Both sides won twice. For golf fans it might be fun but for the casual fan it's hard to get worked up over my hemisphere vs yours. There aren't existing governmental flags like there are for USA and EU.

>

> These tournaments work if rivalry works, that's why we get such level of tension and excitement during Ryder and Solheim Cup. USA vs EU is awesome, USA vs RoTW nobody cares.

This is exactly what people are forgetting who want all these other "manufactured" matches. The President's Cup just doesn't even come close to the Ryder Cup and never will. It would be the same way if you did something else on the ladie's side. Wouldn't be the same as the Solheim Cup.

I get the feeling that an Asia vs USA type match would not be as compelling as one might think. It appears (to me) that while the Asian golfers are the dominant players right now, their style and focus is more individualistic than even the USA. I don't think they would fair as well in a Team setting. Again, this is my opinion and not intended to be divisive or bigoted.