2019 Solheim Cup

Golf Dino

Has Phil thrown Inkster under the bus, yet?

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Ventus Blue 6 or LA Golf Trono 7 

Tour Edge Exotics E723 15* Ventus Blue 6

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

> @Argonne69 said:

> Captivating TV to say the least. Both teams played extremely well. Kudos to the fans for making even more exciting.

>

> I guess that's why they play the matches. On paper the U.S. had the dominant team, but in match play anything can happen. How on Earth does Ally put a tee shot in the back bunker on 17? Front part of the green and a play for a tie is all that's needed. I was expecting more from Morgan in the anchor spot. Marina had a great chance to seal the win, but it looks like she had a bad read.

Pressel was run over by someone who has been struggling on tour for at least the last year. Imagine Kerr in the last pair as a captains pick? Kang, Khang, and Lexi were barely factors in this event.

• Like 2

Anybody else think that Kang went down as soon as the 1st missed time was told to her? Possibly some gamesmanship by the Spaniard against her ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Only 3 out of the top 15 ranked players in the world were there. It was the JV team versus the Frosh team.

Course set up so that a par 4 is reachable with an iron?!?

Korda sisters, by far the most dominant team of the entire competition, sat on Saturday afternoon when the US went into that afternoon down? As close to a guaranteed point as there was.

Kang, whose press conference game vastly outshown her actual golf game this compeition, leading off singles in which she would have assuredly faced the number 1 or 2 player from the other side to set the tone for the decisive matches?

SMH.

It looked like a real collapse by the Euros for a while. I was 99% sure the US had it in the bag... and then..... it all came down to the final pairings out there and some great golf.

That's one of the most entertaining tournaments I've watched. So many lead changes, close calls, lipouts, great recoveries... Never a dull moment.

IMHO, I think Team USA in both this and the Ryder need to figure out how to truly bond as a group and play for each other. I think they're getting closer than they were, but the Euros really want to win for each other - they don't even have the advantage of playing for country that the US does. "Europe" just isn't quite as tangible and cohesive. I always get the sense that they have the better parties and more fun and that's been an advantage for them, because they're generally the underdogs in terms of rankings and strength of field.

• Like 1

> @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> It looked like a real collapse by the Euros for a while. I was 99% sure the US had it in the bag... and then..... it all came down to the final pairings out there and some great golf.

>

> That's one of the most entertaining tournaments I've watched. So many lead changes, close calls, lipouts, great recoveries... Never a dull moment.

>

> IMHO, I think Team USA in both this and the Ryder need to figure out how to truly bond as a group and play for each other. I think they're getting closer than they were, but the Euros really want to win for each other - they don't even have the advantage of playing for country that the US does. "Europe" just isn't quite as tangible and cohesive. I always get the sense that they have the better parties and more fun and that's been an advantage for them, because they're generally the underdogs in terms of rankings and strength of field.

It's incredible how Europeans in golf are so unite in a period where well... you know.

> @imakaveli said:

> > @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > It looked like a real collapse by the Euros for a while. I was 99% sure the US had it in the bag... and then..... it all came down to the final pairings out there and some great golf.

> >

> > That's one of the most entertaining tournaments I've watched. So many lead changes, close calls, lipouts, great recoveries... Never a dull moment.

> >

> > IMHO, I think Team USA in both this and the Ryder need to figure out how to truly bond as a group and play for each other. I think they're getting closer than they were, but the Euros really want to win for each other - they don't even have the advantage of playing for country that the US does. "Europe" just isn't quite as tangible and cohesive. I always get the sense that they have the better parties and more fun and that's been an advantage for them, because they're generally the underdogs in terms of rankings and strength of field.

>

> It's incredible how Europeans in golf are so unite in a period where well... you know.

Nothing changes European individual national prides; Brexit is for politicians.

Besides, the old USA is an easy common target.

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @lazyjc4 said:

> > Has Phil thrown Inkster under the bus, yet?

> It’s obvious we need another task force.

>

I mean, she did go away from the almighty pod system.

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Ventus Blue 6 or LA Golf Trono 7 

Tour Edge Exotics E723 15* Ventus Blue 6

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

both Lexi and Pressel choked big time..Lexi let her match getaway from her and Morgan being placed in the anchor spot is lucky that her match ended before it really mattered....the Vice Captains for the team were no where to be found for coaching or support..seemed like it was all Inkster

disappointed but not surprised in the outcome

An interesting article about Solheim Cup 2021 at Toledo, Ohio:

Then came tough conversations with the Marathon LPGA Classic’s corporate sponsors, many of whom would be needed for the Solheim Cup. Silverman and Co. had to ask for two large sums of money in 2021 after the LPGA made it clear there would be no Solheim Cup at Inverness if there was no Marathon LPGA Classic at Highland Meadows.

[https://toledoblade.com/sports/golf/2019/09/14/solheim-ready-to-play-in-scotland-coming-to-toledo/stories/20190914002](https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/golf/2019/09/14/solheim-ready-to-play-in-scotland-coming-to-toledo/stories/20190914002 "https://toledoblade.com/sports/golf/2019/09/14/solheim-ready-to-play-in-scotland-coming-to-toledo/stories/20190914002")

the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

> @18majors said:

> An interesting article about Solheim Cup 2021 at Toledo, Ohio:

>

> Then came tough conversations with the Marathon LPGA Classic’s corporate sponsors, many of whom would be needed for the Solheim Cup. Silverman and Co. had to ask for two large sums of money in 2021 after the LPGA made it clear there would be no Solheim Cup at Inverness if there was no Marathon LPGA Classic at Highland Meadows.

> [https://toledoblade.com/sports/golf/2019/09/14/solheim-ready-to-play-in-scotland-coming-to-toledo/stories/20190914002](https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/golf/2019/09/14/solheim-ready-to-play-in-scotland-coming-to-toledo/stories/20190914002 "https://toledoblade.com/sports/golf/2019/09/14/solheim-ready-to-play-in-scotland-coming-to-toledo/stories/20190914002")

Good find!!?? And good read ... a glimpse of what goes into what it takes to host these events.

Really the last 3 in Europe have been pretty dramatic. Europe flipping 3 matches over the last 3 holes in Ireland and the US making the huge comeback capped by Gerina's putt in Germany.

I thought Julie handled the questions about Lexi's play and Marina's layup on 18 very well. She didn't brush it off or deny the validity of the question. She just said Lexi had an off week and that it would have been a reach for Marina. Suzanne didn't bite on the question about the impact on her from the controversy in Germany. But I thought she handled herself with class during the match in a way that we wouldn't have seen before. When Marina walked up to congratulate her she shrugged and had this expression that made it clear she knew what it was like to be on the other side.

A few thoughts on the event.

I taped it and watched it on ff yesterday and this morning. Match play is great because the golf can be mediocre at times but still create great matches to watch ( Lexi's match was one example). What stood out to me was the high number of lipouts this weekend; more than I can remember in a team event ever. I think the wind on Saturday just eroded everyone's putting confidence so even today they weren't sure of themselves. I was more happy for the Europeans than disappointed for the USA.

The pajama pants looked like something you would wear in a charity scramble.

I was disappointed in the coverage today. They seemed to focus on 4 or 5 matches and entire close matches were not given much tv. Since I ff most of it the commentary is not something I worried much about. But what seems sure with these events is even the most routine shots and decisions can get inside the heads of really good players because of the moment. And seeing how it unfolds makes it some of the most compelling golf to watch.

Congrats to all the players and teams for the exhibition and the effort to bring their best golf forward when the moment calls for it. We all marvel when top golfers execute great shots under pressure. For me it illustrates the great challenge and satisfaction that comes when it actually works the way you hope it will.

> @jmvargas said:

> the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

>

> I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

I agree that it was one of the most exciting Solheim Cups. But I don't think there was anything unfortunate about the players who participated or didn't participate. The world's best players from the USA and Europe played in it and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less about players from elsewhere who didn't play.

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @jmvargas said:

> > the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

> >

> > I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

>

> I agree that it was one of the most exciting Solheim Cups. But I don't think there was anything unfortunate about the players who participated or didn't participate. The world's best players from the USA and Europe played in it and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less about players from elsewhere who didn't play.

..don't get me wrong...it was a superb ending and the Solheim Cup is a great event for what it is..

I just couldn't help thinking that it might evolve into an a la "President's Cup" type event when the organizers realize they DON'T have the worlds best just like in the Ryder Cup when the USA was making a mockery of the competition and which eventually ended up having the President's Cup...

but that's just me..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

> @jmvargas said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @jmvargas said:

> > > the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

> > >

> > > I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

> >

> > I agree that it was one of the most exciting Solheim Cups. But I don't think there was anything unfortunate about the players who participated or didn't participate. The world's best players from the USA and Europe played in it and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less about players from elsewhere who didn't play.

>

> ..don't get me wrong...it was a superb ending and the Solheim Cup is a great event for what it is..

>

> I just couldn't help thinking that it might evolve into an a la "President's Cup" type event when the organizers realize they DON'T have the worlds best just like in the Ryder Cup when the USA was making a mockery of the competition and which eventually ended up having the President's Cup...

>

> but that's just me..

>

>

The US dominating the Ryder Cup was some time ago, and led to the inclusion of the rest of Europe. you could make a better argument the President's Cup was created so the US could feel dominant again. Most of the best players in the world play in the RC, conversely an event like that in Women's Golf would be a joke. Ariya, Brooke, and Minjee with the Koreans (and Japan) would beat the best the US and Europe could put together.

• Like 1

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

> @Warrick said:

> > @jmvargas said:

> > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

> > > >

> > > > I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

> > >

> > > I agree that it was one of the most exciting Solheim Cups. But I don't think there was anything unfortunate about the players who participated or didn't participate. The world's best players from the USA and Europe played in it and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less about players from elsewhere who didn't play.

> >

> > ..don't get me wrong...it was a superb ending and the Solheim Cup is a great event for what it is..

> >

> > I just couldn't help thinking that it might evolve into an a la "President's Cup" type event when the organizers realize they DON'T have the worlds best just like in the Ryder Cup when the USA was making a mockery of the competition and which eventually ended up having the President's Cup...

> >

> > but that's just me..

> >

> >

>

> Ariya, Brooke, and Minjee with the Koreans (and Japan) would beat the best the US and Europe could put together.

They are emotionless robots out there. Both the US and especially the Euro team really gets into it. That's what is the fun part to watch.

> @PZero said:

> > @Warrick said:

> > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > > @jmvargas said:

> > > > > the best most exciting Solheim Cup I have ever witnessed but unfortunately many of the world's best lady players were not around..

> > > > >

> > > > > I would still love to see a Korea vs the rest of the world type event..a la "President's Cup" ladies version..

> > > >

> > > > I agree that it was one of the most exciting Solheim Cups. But I don't think there was anything unfortunate about the players who participated or didn't participate. The world's best players from the USA and Europe played in it and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less about players from elsewhere who didn't play.

> > >

> > > ..don't get me wrong...it was a superb ending and the Solheim Cup is a great event for what it is..

> > >

> > > I just couldn't help thinking that it might evolve into an a la "President's Cup" type event when the organizers realize they DON'T have the worlds best just like in the Ryder Cup when the USA was making a mockery of the competition and which eventually ended up having the President's Cup...

> > >

> > > but that's just me..

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Ariya, Brooke, and Minjee with the Koreans (and Japan) would beat the best the US and Europe could put together.

>

> They are emotionless robots out there. Both the US and especially the Euro team really gets into it. That's what is the fun part to watch.

>

I'd never label Brooke or Minjee as being "**_emotionless robots_**" ... they truly are two of the more passionate players on tour. And just because many of the Asian women are extremely good at refraining from overt emotional displays, (with a few exceptions), it would be a big mistake to think that they are not pouring their emotions into the effort.