MEMBER TESTING: ALL-NEW TaylorMade P790 Irons! Get Them Before Anyone Else!

City and State (US Only): **San Francisco, CA**

Handicap: **0.6**

Current Irons:** Titleist 718 CB**

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: **That thinner topline and shorter blade length, love it**

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs?** Yep!**

Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 - Ventus TR Blue 6x
3 Wood - Stealth 2+ - Ventus TR Red 7x
5 wood - Paradym TD - Kai'li 80x
hyrid - 22* Ping G425 - Ventus Blue 10x
4i - PW - PX 0317 ST - KBS 130x
50-54-58 - Edel SMS Pro Wedges - S400 TI
LAB Mezz Armlock - LAGP

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City and State (US Only): Manlius NY

Handicap: 9.3

Current Irons: TM RSI TP 4-PW

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: The forgivenessand ball speed in a compact iron and a forged body that will allow me to bend these upright.

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Heck yeah.

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

**City and State (US Only):** Fargo, ND

**Handicap:** 5

**Current Irons:** Mizuno MP-62 w/ Project X 5.5, std length/loft, 1* flat. (Also have access to newer models, but have kept the MP-62s in the bag for now)

**Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons:** I can't pick just one! The combination of ball speed and forgiveness in a players iron is definitely a new idea for me considering my current irons and I would love to compare. I'm very intrigued by the technology of the hollow-body construction and the implementation of Speed Foam since I've been nuanced to believe that a simpler, less technologic iron was what works and feels "best". In North Dakota, we see many varying playing conditions from firm, fast, and windy to soft, slow, and calm, so I am also curious as to how these play in varying conditions. A playing partner has P790s and hits his irons farther than I do, despite being me being significantly longer off the tee using the same driver, though I have not tried his since they are +0.25" and 3* upright (not a great fit for me).

**If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread?** 100% yes! My current occupation requires doing analysis, clear and easy to understand written statements, and photography. I am a member and have full access to a private course for a number of on course and range session tests, as well as a high-end simulator for more detailed analysis with a full slate of iron brands to choose from. I also have a background in the golf industry and have an understanding of what makes different equipment work for varying players.

City and State (US Only): Staunton, Virginia

Handicap: 4

Current Irons: Titleist 716 MB’s

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Players iron with tons of tech in the head

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Of course!

Thanks for the opportunity TaylorMade and GolfWRX!

Titleist TSR2 10* Ventus Black 6X
Ping 430 LST 15* Ventus Black 7X

Ping G430 Max 5w ADIZ 8X 
Titleist U500 4 DG TI X100
Titleist T100 5-Pw DG TI S400
Titleist SM9 Raw 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04T DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X7
WITB

Scottsdale, AZ

Handicap: 4.4

Current Irons: Callaway Apex 2016

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: higher toe and thinner face

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? YES, and I am very analytic and will share on the other social media sights as well (if permitted)

City and State (US Only): Parkland, FL

Handicap: 19.8

Current Irons: Taylormade P790

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Less offset

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? YES!

How to Enter

City and State (US Only): Jonesboro, AR

Handicap: 3

Current Irons: Mizuno MP-18

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Smaller size, I like the higher ball flight in mid and long irons

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? yes for sure

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

Albuquerque, NM.

PSi Tour.

Thinner topline.

Down for a full review.

D - MyStealth+ 9* - Ventus Black 5X 

3w - Sim 14* - Diamana A'hina 60X

5w - M3 19* - Diamana B70X

4h - M1 21* - Kuro Kage Black 80X

5i-PW - P770-20 - DG 105VSS X100

50/55/60 - RTX Zipcore - DG Spinner

P - 2-ball Protype Black

City and State (US Only): **Wadsworth, IL**

Handicap: **14**

Current Irons: **Cleveland 588CB**

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: **Tungsten, hollow bodies. Never hit super high tech irons, always played blades/players cb**

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? **Yes**

City and State (US Only): Antioch, IL

Handicap: 5

Current Irons: TM P-7TW. X100 Tour Issue. Standard LLL.

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Thinner top line and better turf interaction. I had the OG 790s and loved them, but visually they were a little to chunky for me. I would love a slimmed down version, which is what these new 790s like look!

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Oh absolutely, no questions asked!

City and State (US Only): The Colony, TX

Current Irons: Taylormade Tour Preferred CB (2011)

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Speedfoam and weight distribution.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 w/ Project X Evenflow Green 55 R shaft Fairway woods: Callaway Epic Flash 5 and 7 wood Hybrids: Callaway Big Bertha 4i and 5i Irons: Srixon ZX5 6-AW, Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54 and 58 degree Putter: mySpider X

City and State (US Only): Portland, Oregon

Handicap: 7

Current Irons: Srixon Z545

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Progressive Inverted Cone Technology (PICT), which allows for more forgiveness.

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes!

City and State (US Only): Des Moines, IA

Handicap: 10.4

Current Irons: Taylormade P790

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: The intrigue of a new model. These clubs are the best I have played in years and if they are releasing a new version, I would love to review them against current gen.

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Absolutely!

City and State (US Only): Fullerton, CA

Handicap: 8

Current Irons: RSI TP

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: couldn’t get along the chunkier 7-PW in the OG set, so excited that these will bring a mix of long iron forgiveness (my weaknesss being long irons) and better asthetics in the scoring clubs.

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs?: Yes and thanks for the opportunity

> @knudson81 said:

> 6cgio7hksk57.jpg

>

>

> TaylorMade Golf and GolfWRX are giving three lucky members exclusive access to the new 2019 P790 irons! Each winner will get a full set, 4-PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 stiff flex shafts, shipped quickly and directly right to them. Be the first person at your home track to have TM’s new gear weeks before your buddies can even see 'em at the golf shop! Sound good?

>

>

> If you haven't seen the new 2019 TaylorMade P790 irons yet, check out our article HERE and our in-hand photos HERE. TaylorMade has redesign the legendary P790 with a thinner face for seven percent more ball speed and Progressive Inverted Cone Technology (PICT), which allows for more forgiveness and accuracy across the face. TM has also added tungsten weighting to lower the CG for higher ball flight. The new P790 irons still have the famous TaylorMade SpeedFoam for helping increase speed through design as well as improving sound and feel. The topline is thinner, and the irons also feature shorter blade lengths in the 7-PW for a more compact look.

>

> **The Prize**

> TaylorMade P790 Irons

> 4-PW

> True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 S300 (Stiff) shafts

> Standard length, lie, and loft

> Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grips, standard size

>

> *We know that the specs above do not fit everyone. If you are willing to have the irons adjusted/reshafted to your desired specs at your own cost, please feel free to enter as well!

>

> **How to Enter**

> City and State (US Only):

> Handicap:

> Current Irons:

> Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons:

> If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs?

>

> That's it, make sure to apply now!

> @knudson81 said:

> 6cgio7hksk57.jpg

>

>

> TaylorMade Golf and GolfWRX are giving three lucky members exclusive access to the new 2019 P790 irons! Each winner will get a full set, 4-PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 stiff flex shafts, shipped quickly and directly right to them. Be the first person at your home track to have TM’s new gear weeks before your buddies can even see 'em at the golf shop! Sound good?

>

>

> If you haven't seen the new 2019 TaylorMade P790 irons yet, check out our article HERE and our in-hand photos HERE. TaylorMade has redesign the legendary P790 with a thinner face for seven percent more ball speed and Progressive Inverted Cone Technology (PICT), which allows for more forgiveness and accuracy across the face. TM has also added tungsten weighting to lower the CG for higher ball flight. The new P790 irons still have the famous TaylorMade SpeedFoam for helping increase speed through design as well as improving sound and feel. The topline is thinner, and the irons also feature shorter blade lengths in the 7-PW for a more compact look.

>

> **The Prize**

> TaylorMade P790 Irons

> 4-PW

>

> *We know that the specs above do not fit everyone. If you are willing to have the irons adjusted/reshafted to your desired specs at your own cost, please feel free to enter as well!

>

> **How to Enter**

> Handicap:

> Current Irons:

> If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs?

>

> @knudson81 said:

> 6cgio7hksk57.jpg

>

>

>

>

>

> **The Prize**

> TaylorMade P790 Irons

> 4-PW

>

>

> **How to Enter**

> Handicap:

> Current Irons:

>

[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Callaway GBB Epic 9' w/ Ozik 70M4[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]TM SLDR Mini 14' [/size][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]w/ Ozik 70M4[/size][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2] [/size][/font][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]TM M2 18' [/size][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]w/ Ozik 70M4[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]TEE EX9 22' Recoil [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Ping i200 5-PW Modus 105[/size][/font][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]TM Ef Spin 50' w/ x100[/size][/font][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cleveland RTX-3 54' & 58' w/ x100[/size][/font][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cameron Futura 5W[/size][/font][/indent]

City and State (US Only): Anaheim hills, CA

Handicap: 6.1

Current Irons: TaylorMade R9 TP

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: More compact look with less offset.

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes. 1000%

City and State (US Only): Salt Lake City, UT

Handicap: 6.5

Current Irons: Ping i210

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Slimmer design than previous generation

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? YES!

We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? In depth and substantial review including hi-res photos

[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Callaway GBB Epic 9' w/ Ozik 70M4[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]TM SLDR Mini 14' [/size][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]w/ Ozik 70M4[/size][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2] [/size][/font][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]TM M2 18' [/size][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]w/ Ozik 70M4[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]TEE EX9 22' Recoil [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Ping i200 5-PW Modus 105[/size][/font][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]TM Ef Spin 50' w/ x100[/size][/font][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cleveland RTX-3 54' & 58' w/ x100[/size][/font][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cameron Futura 5W[/size][/font][/indent]

City and State (US Only): Alexander City, AL

Handicap:12.7

Current Irons: Callaway Apex CF 16

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Thinner top line looks gorgeous at address.

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Oh I agree. With relish. I love Taylormade’s products and have been eyeing the p790’s for quite awhile. Thanks!

City and State (US Only): Indianapolis, IN

Handicap: +2

Current Irons: AP2 (710)

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Clean compact....with technology (nice combo)

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes...and Yes!

Gainesville Virginia. Handicap 6.2. Current irons : Cobra King Forged tour. Favorite feature : Compact short irons. I will agree to do a thorough and complete review including pictures 100 %

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

City and State (US Only): New Orleans LA

Handicap: 9.8

Current Irons: Mizuno JPX900 Forged

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: High tech (such as speed foam) in a classic blade look

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Absolutely

City and State: Kenmore (Buffalo), New York

Handicap: 6

Current Irons: Titleist AP2 716, 4-PW

Feature: As a 57 year old I need more distance so the P790 with a thinner face for seven percent more ball speed and Progressive Inverted Cone Technology (PICT), which allows for more forgiveness and accuracy across the face the face is the feature that should help me. I also like a smaller look at address.

Participation: Yes, I will participate in the review thread.

Thanks for the chance to participate!

City and State (US Only): Columbia, MO

Current Irons: Srixon 945

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Thinner top line

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs?

absolutely

Thanks for the opportunity.